test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Hail Sela!!

124»

Comments

• bostonianbostonian Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my problem with the hobus thing is the jellyfish :P supposedly this was a 'ohshi' moment and took a few days to happen... LaForge is good but how did he both pop off enough red matter to collapse the galaxy and design+build a whole new ship

From what I gather, the Jellyfish already existed, as did the Red Matter Device. Was just a matter of Spock taking them, and then warping to Hobus.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    bostonian wrote: »
    From what I gather, the Jellyfish already existed, as did the Red Matter Device. Was just a matter of Spock taking them, and then warping to Hobus.

I aint in the mood to dig it up one way or the other... I'll just say ok.. then the question is, why did he feel the need to haul around enough red matter to implode the galaxy when at most he needed 10 drops
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I aint in the mood to dig it up one way or the other... I'll just say ok.. then the question is, why did he feel the need to haul around enough red matter to implode the galaxy when at most he needed 10 drops

e-peen thing?
  • bostonianbostonian Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    e-peen thing?

JJ Abrams' hand is heavy in it. Gotta have enough Red Matter to create 100% lens flare.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2015

1) To make sure he had enough if the black hole was exceptionally troublesome to get rid of, or alternatively 2) Thats the smallest a red matter stockpile comes in.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    1) To make sure he had enough if the black hole was exceptionally troublesome to get rid of, or alternatively 2) Thats the smallest a red matter stockpile comes in.
    Yeah, I got the impression that the Vulcans made the stuff for research purposes and didn't make small containers. Spock simply grabbed one and used it.

It's not entirely clear WHY they made it so it's possible that it was simply research into a new form of energy storage... which has an unfortunate side effect.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darkjediborgdarkjediborg Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know not trying to take this off topic, but there was one time where I would have been quoted to being a complete Tal Shiar supporter, but due to recent events in the past several months its become a dead end for me.

However, I will state it is indeed a fun add on to the game, I really enjoyed it. So I truly hope you all have a blast with it, and the support of either the Tal Diann or RSE/Tal Shiar.

Even tho there is serious hostility between myself and the TD I truly wish their kind luck in sto. I wont dog on the romulan storylines, since to me they were one of the more enjoyable.

As I stated, not trying to take it off topic. :)

Kind regards.

Mysteena.
  • tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I got the impression that the Vulcans made the stuff for research purposes and didn't make small containers. Spock simply grabbed one and used it.

It's not entirely clear WHY they made it so it's possible that it was simply research into a new form of energy storage... which has an unfortunate side effect.

Given that Spock had to manually prep the stuff for use, I'd tend to agree. It was probably the first red matter he could get his hands on.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was wanting to see Sela redeem herself, but after the way she so needlessly sent Taris over the edge this last mission, I actually felt like sending her over the edge as well. Unless she starts regretting her actions sometime, my sympathy is a bit stretched now.

poor Taris, i actually feel somewhat sorry for her.

think if anything Taris and this fit perfectly
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Nothing... NOTHING should fit with that :eek:
  • tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    poor Taris, i actually feel somewhat sorry for her.

think if anything Taris and this fit perfectly

That is the recipe for another Hobus.
    3T6cHqb.png
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    tolmarius wrote: »
    That is the recipe for another Hobus.

You kids need to respect Cher. She is a legend and a goddess.
    edited April 2015
    protogoth wrote: »

And this is how the "All Hail Sela" thread became the "All Hail Cher" thread.

Rule #1 of confusing the RSE loyalists - confuse them with hair and jean jackets! ;)
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And this is how the "All Hail Sela" thread became the "All Hail Cher" thread.

Rule #1 of confusing the RSE loyalists - confuse them with hair and jean jackets! ;)

I suppose the more Romulan-looking hairdo in this would fit this forum better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tchTTPIFSzI
    edited April 2015
    I suppose the more Romulan-looking hairdo in this would fit this forum better:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tchTTPIFSzI

Well-played!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    hey you look as good as cher and be worth that much at retirement :P

look at it this way... Taris was spared the Raver "armor" and disco-tec combat :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015

come on she is obsessed with turning back time. :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015

As long as I can mock Tomalak c. 2410 a bit *cough*Tony Bennett*cough*
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png