Will this game ever change?

2»

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    At the risk of getting yelled at, I like the battle zones. They are the only real entertainment left at the endgame.

I would go so far as to say that Cryptic should forget about making new queues no-ones going to touch, and instead use that dev time in developing better battle zones.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

That said... Kobali Prime could have been a second Ground Battlezone, but it seems it just isn't there yet. Is it the rewards?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Id love for there to be like point based pvp yknow, like every piece of gear is rated to points and tou can build until a certain point range.

Like normal mk 14 weaps: 10 points, epic stuff: 30; etc etc
  • rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    At the risk of getting yelled at, I like the battle zones. They are the only real entertainment left at the endgame.

I would go so far as to say that Cryptic should forget about making new queues no-ones going to touch, and instead use that dev time in developing better battle zones.

I like this idea, more battle zones! When I have free time I am usually hunting Dinos in Dyson....it is just fun!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    askray wrote: »
    That's impossible as no one can agree on everything.

That is very easy to fix. Just release borg nanites into the atmosphere.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The game changes every Thursday at 7am Pacific time.
  • intrepidfox03intrepidfox03 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have also been enjoying the Battlezones as well. Specifically the Dyson and the Undine zones. To that it has also made me want to go back and check out Nukara and Defera again. The only issue I have is that I just personally prefer the set up of the first two. Granted Kobali has open missions, but I haven't had the same sense of fighting with others like in the Dyson BZ.

I have really been itching to play old ques like Mine Trap, Breaking the Planet. Would it be worth Cryptic while to repurpose those along with making new Battlezones in the flavor of the Dyson sphere?

As others have said, but partly because I cannot get into old PVE ques I'd like to replay on a regular basis, those BZ have been my go to endgame content.

To me I'd personally like that.
  • culatoriculatori Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    do the words territory control ring a bell?

It's not really territory control though is it?
    It's "Mob of players defeat NPCs to capture point, then move on to the next one." as unless you're involved in the end boss kill you don't get the full rewards.
    There's zero incentive for players to stick around and hold an existing point against counter attack.

What I'd like to see is something other than "Go here, kill this, fetch that." missions.

Mining for resources, trading commodities between star systems, bounty hunting - the sort of things you could do in Elite 20 years ago on a computer with 32kb and a tape deck.