What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Join the Delta Recruitment!

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I didn't see that second one, V... thanks for posting it!

I'll certainly be rolling at least one character to help out my fleet, if not more... and anyone out there who isn't tied to a fleet and would like to help out can certainly ask me for an invite!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm glad the FED poster last week ain't all you got.

Otherwise 'no comment'.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

I'm waiting for the event to start :P

Yeah, it's like we need to make these new characters RIGHT NOW, literally. So...I'm patching up Tribble as I type this. Hopefully something is there I can get a look at about this stuff.

OH, your sig. ALL of my ROMs have "flat" heads. It's the TOS and 23rd Century CANON look! :cool:
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    So....we should not have our new toon join a fleet until Level 30? Or will that particular task be auto-completed at Level 30?

Looking forward to this, just trying to get all my ducks in a row before Delta Recruitment begins.

I too would like an answer to this
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'll certainly be rolling at least one character to help out my fleet, if not more... and anyone...would like to help out can certainly ask me for an invite!

What's the name of your fleet BG? I may take you up on the offer...once we have our Delta Green Operatives on the ground and running.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelogria wrote: »
    This sounds awesome... except... I dont want to level up another character. I stopped my last one after the string of XP gimping/nerfing/hobbling that you (Crypitc) did. Why would I want to level another?

And your idea of awesome rewards is a silly phaser stun pistol or a party bomb that people can harass people with. I will have to see what you guys mean by your rewards for this.

Im hoping an ability to grant sane levels of xp instead of hardly any to fill up a large XP pool.

This pretty much represents my sentiment. Not really in the mood for the new character grind TBH. I have enough established characters that I neglect plenty now because of the present state of things. ;)

Now if they are offering something really badassical for rewards, then they might interest me in taking on yet more new grind. MIGHT being the operative word here.

But the problem is it's most likely a new piece of OPness, introduced broken and has to nerfed, sorry "fixed" right AFTER I've ground my tush off to acquire it..... meh. I'm kinda through with that old tango ATM.

To be honest, this latest blog/attempt to interest me is just too bombastic. I'm gonna have to get more information about this event before I even entertain any further thought to participating.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You're not making me WANT to do this, you're making me feel like I HAVE to which is a bad thing as it means ZERO monetary investment (directly or indirectly) I'm still scared for my older toons.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If we are spending all our time leveling these pointless Delta Toons, what good are all the "buffs" they are creating since we will then not really benefit from them because we are wasting our time leveling these pointless alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think we've already had a taste of what you get when you send Star fleet captains to repair the time line from the shows...a permanently damaged time line and several historic characters killed in the process.:P

I hope this has been thoroughly tested out we don't need the game getting more gunked up than it already is.:(

or worse TRIBBLE bugs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If we are spending all our time leveling these pointless Delta Toons, what good are all the "buffs" they are creating since we will then not really benefit from them because we are wasting our time leveling these pointless alts.

I think (by think I mean I hope) the buffs are permanent. We already know they are associating a new starship trait with this.
    signature.png
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Can we stop getting these pure hype posts and just get the regular post with the bonuses we'll get?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think (by think I mean I hope) the buffs are permanent. We already know they are associating a new starship trait with this.

No there is ONE account wide trait that is similar to a couple of other traits you can already get - but still that means if you don't participate you will be 5% behind.

What they keep saying is that every week there is "something" something the Delta recruits work for that benefits the server pop. I assume that ends with the event. So my point was what do I care if there "rewards" for the server when all my game time for a month is wasted playing a toon I don't want or need. Oh joy we increased Mark rewards, too bad I don't have enough time or energy left to play the real game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    No there is ONE account wide trait that is similar to a couple of other traits you can already get - but still that means if you don't participate you will be 5% behind.

What they keep saying is that every week there is "something" something the Delta recruits work for that benefits the server pop. I assume that ends with the event. So my point was what do I care if there "rewards" for the server when all my game time for a month is wasted playing a toon I don't want or need. Oh joy we increased Mark rewards, too bad I don't have enough time or energy left to play the real game.

AH! I see where you are coming from. Yeah it kinda is counter-intuitive. Since the bonuses are mitigated by "delta recruit" participation... how would you be able to take advantage of that bonus with the characters that can if you need to be on your "delta recruit" in order to help insure you have bonuses for the following week?
    signature.png
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Learn to read people, you dont have to grind to 60, grind to 50... i dont think they mean for this to be a new main, just a special alt

for god sake some of you...no wonder they're little new story

YOU DONT EVEN READ IT.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love how the picture does the Klingon text when you use the cursor on it. Now can we get one like that for the Romulans?

The event is nice. I hope many does it. However due to my lack of hours to play. I can't really help on the event. I will be lucky to get Lv20 during the whole event.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    I love how the picture does the Klingon text when you use the cursor on it. Now can we get one like that for the Romulans?

The event is nice. I hope many does it. However due to my lack of hours to play. I can't really help on the event. I will be lucky to get Lv20 during the whole event.

Yeah, the poster translating to Klingon when you hover over it looks cool and I apreciate them doing it. Sometimes smaller details like that make the big picture look much better. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pathetic attempt to keep people's interest.

'Look if you create another Delta Character, you get X account wide'. Where is the Gold member or veteran reward?

We get it YOU (The Dev/Community Team LOVE DELTA RISING). The players may have enjoyed it, but then you nerfed and you nerfed and blew the interest away.

Come up with content for the characters that are five years old, not some other new toon grind fest.

Gene and Majel R are spinning in their graves at what you have done to Star Trek.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll probably make a Delta Recruit, I've been thinking about making a new Fed on and off for awhile now.

But my approach right now is a cautious "wait and see." This could be good or bad for my two current mains.

Like so many other people, I once used to have six including a Fed!Romulan and a KDF. But then DR came along and made maintaining alts more expensive and time consuming that it was worth so I had to brutally cut down.

With my two mains suitably upgraded and geared for now I'll be able to afford a third in the form of a Delta Recruit when the event starts. Its just a case of deciding species and class.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Players: "I have to grind Argala over and over to earn spec points!"
    Cryptic: "We put a 30 minute cooldown on all sector patrol missions so you have to grind other patrols as well."

Later....

Players: "My alts are collecting dust because the game is no longer alt friendly!"
    Cryptic: "We're gonna have a special event that requires you to create yet another alt."

It seems like the more we complain the more Cryptic goes in the opposite direction of what we complain about.

We be all like :mad: then Cryptic be all like :P.

On the bright side the Federation Klingon playable species was the only one in the c-store I didn't have. I have been considering getting it for over 2 years and just recently bought it because this Delta Recruit stuffs gave me a reason for it. I really didn't want a 13th character but whatever. :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cryptic: "We put a 30 minute cooldown on all sector patrol missions so you have to grind other patrols as well."

Later....

Players: "My alts are collecting dust because the game is no longer alt friendly!"
    Cryptic: "We're gonna have a special event that requires you to create yet another alt."

It seems like the more we complain the more Cryptic goes in the opposite direction of what we complain about.

We be all like :mad: then Cryptic be all like :P.

On the bright side the Federation Klingon playable species was the only one in the c-store I didn't have. I have been considering getting it for over 2 years and just recently bought it because this Delta Recruit stuffs gave me a reason for it. I really didn't want a 13th character but whatever. :cool:
    It's because of that, that Cryptic is at liberty to constantly be TRIBBLE with the players... just as you mentioned. :mad:
    signature.png
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Later....

Do you think if we complain that the KDF is most awesome faction ever and we should all play it they will make more KDF stuff?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So much for inflating metrics. Will they succeed? Of course.

I am still debating if I will contribute to that. I still haven't created a Talaxian after all.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    IF I do, it WILL be at the cost of at least one alt, and I may well delete a second too, so that my total number of toons drops to four from five, instead of increasing to six. Anything I do, I will do my way and to my own ends, not to Cryptic's metrics.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Do you think if we complain that the KDF is most awesome faction ever and we should all play it they will make more KDF stuff?

No, they'll just start forcing KDF players to only play Fed in some manner. Since whenever KDF feels awesome about anything, the awesomness must be shared with the Feds otherwise all the whining will deafen the forum. And because the only thing left that has not been ported from the KDF over to the Fed are the players, it's only logical.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Can we stop getting these pure hype posts and just get the regular post with the bonuses we'll get?

Yes, please.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    starksto#1067 starksto Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So we are able to make these characters as of April 2nd. Is that correct?
    Fleet Admiral/Chancellor
    Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
    Looking for a fun and friendly fleet?
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Additionally, the Delta Recruit system will reward you for reaching levels 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 on your character, as well as for reaching level 1 and 5 in any R&D School. You’ll receive relevant rewards in these areas as you reach these milestones, so make sure you are checking your Delta Recruit UI for completed tasks when you hit the appropriate marks.

So nothing about Acc-Wide-Rewards anymore ? ... surprise surprise ...
    But Delta Recruits are more than just warm bodies. Tasked with acquiring as much information about the Iconians as possible by an agent from the future, they must piece together a 200,000-year-old puzzle. Delta Recruits on missions will occasionally find additional mission steps asking them to locate something on the map that will help fight a war in the future. Because of this help, the galaxy has a fighting chance against the Iconians.

Yep ... pretty much what I expected ... same old Missions with some Minigame on Top ...
    There’s a ton of exciting stuff for a Delta Recruit character to do. If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

Actual Information ... instead of PR-TRIBBLE ... ?
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds interesting, I'll try to come around and join up...
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Maybe. Why don't we wait for more details before we start having funerals for our mains?

We don't know enough either way. I'm optimistic about it, but I'll allow as how I could easily be wrong.

If nothing else, we get a free character slot that we are under no obligation to use.

Sure, they could throw in some wildly unbalanced stuff that only your Delta Recruit can use and obsolete your main... but is that really likely? They already know people don't want to airlock their mains and won't go along with that peacefully.

I am going to start bye saying Your personally a cool mod..........But the honest abe come's out in me when people make sligh hopefull comments, lets look at the track record of the dev's.
    As far as in the dev's listening i can barely think of a time. Have you ever heard some one say how nice sto community is, dare i say new customer service system.....Lets be real honest I spend allot on this game cuz i love trek....... But facts are facts they are going to run with what ever that makes them most money look how familar we all are with the word metric's for god sakes......I love the game and i think your a cool mod but houston we have problem ne shiny exclusive gear, damage mod or ne bonous will make our mains dead, Sad to say like one poster siad if we all are grinding new toons why what good are the buffs when everyone will have em this new toon system has more con's then pro's in my mind.....In my opion we need to focous on server stability and skills and spec and maybe instead of this horrid ideal we can finally get our cluster's back. This is my last post on the subject ty for your time and respeced view. But when i am right please espect a email from me saying i told you so lol......But untill then i am fin this subject
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't think they mean for this to be a new main, just a special alt

This is my impression...rewards at 10/20/30/40/50 and at 1/5 in crafting schools, plus stuff to "help"fleets when you hit 30? It seems mostly like hand-holding anyone new to the game, probably giving them decent but not great gear during level-up, enough crafting mats to test the system, and a few marks/consumables that most complete/near-complete fleets are already glutted on. If the above are close to the mark, then it's nothing that would be otherwise hard to come by, and certainly nothing that can't be traded. Plus, unless they're scaling, any unique items/gear rewarded at or up to lvl 50 will still be subpar for our mains/lvl 60s.

The team dil bonus and unlocked trait seem the most interesting things, and since the trait is account-wide and the bonus only requires one recruit on a team, it seems like a good way to help a lot of people.