What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Join the Delta Recruitment!

Comments

• Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There’s a ton of exciting stuff for a Delta Recruit character to do. If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

That line makes me cringe. I have to be rushed into planning a character I will not be able to play in more than 2 weeks?
  • Options
    saibioussaibious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

I'm waiting for the event to start :P

Same here!It seems rude to tell us to make them when we can not do so yet.
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bye bye old main toon the metrics demand i do another
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xelene13 wrote: »
    You should wait to see if the coding is capable of handling that scenario. That's what I do. Wait for some poor sucker to go first and keep an eye on the forum rage.

Looks like Salami posted on Reddit that we can join fleets but can't get the bonus until we hit level 30.

I want the bonuses to be the DOFFs from the Season 5 testing. :)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There’s a ton of exciting stuff for a Delta Recruit character to do. If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

You.

Where be my Maco outfit?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wish this event were coming after the (inevitable) revamp of the Cardassian/DS9 mission arcs.

I mean, they've done all the tutorial/intro missions, the Regulus/Gorn stuff, and most recently the Romulans got their Fed missions revamped. I still haven't played these yet, so I suppose I have that to look forward to.... But still, would be nice if all the missions were new for these new Delta Recruits.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wish this event were coming after the (inevitable) revamp of the Cardassian/DS9 mission arcs.

I mean, they've done all the tutorial/intro missions, the Regulus/Gorn stuff, and most recently the Romulans got their Fed missions revamped. I still haven't played these yet, so I suppose I have that to look forward to.... But still, would be nice if all the missions were new for these new Delta Recruits.

Goodness knows there's nothing stopping them from doing another recruitment event in the future, when more of the mission arcs have been revamped, especially if they deem the Delta one a "success".

They might even make a regular thing of it.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My big question is whether the 3 factions have different stories or is it basically the same for all.
    jjdez wrote: »
    Given the latest trend of the 'alliance' and Geko actually saying he disliked making faction-specific content (albeit directed towards KDF), I'm assuming it will be one story for all. Plus making just one story for everyone instead of two or three stories means (hopefully) more time spent making better quality missions etc. It could also mean less time needed overall for average quality, but we won't know that until we see it.

Given that the end-goal of all the Delta Recruit content appears to be "Get ready for Iconian War with Future Knowledge" I would never suggest that the storylines for the factions will be wildly divergent. At some point in the game everybody ends up playing the same content anyway.

However, we do know that the base low-level content for each faction is very different and I'd be surprised if they didn't put any DRe stuff in any of them. Not very surprised, just a little surprised because they could just as easily avoid touching those missions for that very reason.

I'll be very disappointed if there's zero flavor dialog for each faction, though. DR at least gave nods to the faction differences, even though the gameplay wasn't really any different. That's what I expect to see and I hope very much that I am not disappointed.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like its a way to get people to spend a certain amount of time, to pump the metrics
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?
    I'm waiting for information on how badly this event is going to TRIBBLE over the one character I still play and give a toss about after DR killed alts. Or just any information at all really, since you've barely told us anything so far. What I have heard isn't exactly filling me with confidence though, based on your track record as much as anything else.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?

The event to start! DUH!!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm waiting for information on how badly this event is going to TRIBBLE over the one character I still play and give a toss about after DR killed alts. Or just any information at all really, since you've barely told us anything so far. What I have heard isn't exactly filling me with confidence though, based on your track record as much as anything else.

Dude thank you for that post know i dont have too.... if they lock ne thing to a newer toon and not let all the bonous or gear ' go to the older toons it will kill our older toons buttom line specially if they go the way of ships and unique items it will open up a entire new way for them to charge for even yet more. Point is its way for them to force all of us back to 0 and make us all buy, think about it Why are so many things are bound too toons and not account ask your self that if they want you to share with your toons why make everything toon bound lmao then know after that being said ask your self will delta toons kill our old one yes for sure
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like its a way to get people to spend a certain amount of time, to pump the metrics

Isn't everything these days?
    It has been like this for more than a year now:

You have to do X activity Y amount of times to get Z.
    You can only do X activity from point in time A to point in time B.

A weekend/week off grind.

You need to do X activity Y amount of times to get Z.
    You can only do X activity from point in time A to point in time B.

A weekend/week off grind.

Rinse and repeat. Rinse and repeat.

And so on and on. Honestly, to me it's the worst kind of game design principle and I'm saddened that it was this, Star Trek, game that got hit with such lousy gameplay design. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just think its a really really really really really really realy bad ideal. Its a fracking trajedy unfolding around us and idiots are cheeering lmao
  • Options
    lancerviolatorlancerviolator Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Axanar Marines & Kharn of Axanar, THE OFFICIAL STO fleets of the independent film "AXANAR", are ready!

NEW KICKSTARTER FOR FEATURE COMING!

http://www.startrekaxanar.com
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Need more information.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »
    Just think its a really really really really really really realy bad ideal. Its a fracking trajedy unfolding around us and idiots are cheeering lmao

Maybe. Why don't we wait for more details before we start having funerals for our mains?

We don't know enough either way. I'm optimistic about it, but I'll allow as how I could easily be wrong.

If nothing else, we get a free character slot that we are under no obligation to use.

Sure, they could throw in some wildly unbalanced stuff that only your Delta Recruit can use and obsolete your main... but is that really likely? They already know people don't want to airlock their mains and won't go along with that peacefully.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »

Well, if they decide to sh-can our mains, they can go straight to the 9th level of hell, but only if they decide to do that; till then we can only hurry up and wait, and take everything they say with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I'm curious about the rewards from this Delta recruitment. As in are they actually going to give us something extra beyond what we lost or just return what was taken when DR went live?
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Maybe. Why don't we wait for more details before we start having funerals for our mains?

We don't know enough either way. I'm optimistic about it, but I'll allow as how I could easily be wrong.

If nothing else, we get a free character slot that we are under no obligation to use.

Sure, they could throw in some wildly unbalanced stuff that only your Delta Recruit can use and obsolete your main... but is that really likely? They already know people don't want to airlock their mains and won't go along with that peacefully.
    Yes, which is why I don't, really, have a main. Just look at what they did to T5 ships. "competitive" with T6 10 console intel ships maybe.... but all these other T6 ships (command, lobi, lockbox, event, promo) HA! give me a break. I'm not going to bother crying "DOOM" because that's just par for the course. If it's not a "DOOM" scenario I still won't complain. As the Borg would say "Resistance is futile".
    signature.png
  • Options
    rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    WHen does this all start I thought it was till a week or two out
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • Options
    randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If Delta Recruitment will help my tiny fleet to finish our fleet holdings this decade, that would be a plus. I only really care about main toon (and his fleet).
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rmackie wrote: »
    WHen does this all start I thought it was till a week or two out

It's in the first blog post.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9080423-delta-recruitment
    War is coming, and recruits are needed for the fight. It's time to sign up to protect the galaxy from the Iconians.

Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic have all kicked up their recruiting efforts. New captains in any of these factions will be known as Delta Recruits, and they bring with them the knowledge and capability needed to see to the future of the galaxy.

There will never been a better time to start playing Star Trek Online than during the Delta Recruitment event, which runs from April 2nd to May 21st. Characters made during this time will be Delta Recruits, and they will earn a host of new benefits and rewards to aid them in their leveling experience.

Delta Recruits are specifically designed to rapidly close the gap that exists between new characters and characters that have been in Star Trek Online for years. It’s the most new-player friendly the game has been in almost two years, and the perfect time to join the community of Star Trek Online.

Delta Recruits have a secondary responsibility, and that is to prepare themselves, their crews, and their entire factions for the coming Iconian War. A mysterious benefactor, an experienced captain traveling back in time, will contact all Delta Recruits during their faction’s tutorial and inform them of the opportunities not to be missed during their career. Each faction’s own temporal agency can confirm that what this person said is true, and will guide them using the Delta Recruit window, a new UI element that appears near the Mission Tracker.

Delta Recruits will be playing a parallel story to that of their chosen faction. They have a list of goals that they can achieve at any time, and completing these goals will see them rewarded with equipment, Marks, and other rewards beneficial not just to the Delta Recruit, but to all characters on the same account. Completing the story arcs of your chosen faction will reward you with a unique Starship Trait for all characters on your account: Temporal Insight. This trait will proc a Damage Immunity when you use any Hull Heal on your starship.

Delta Recruits can only be created during the Delta Recruit event. These recruits can be recognized by the Delta Symbol (∆) next to their names. All Delta Recruits will have an inherent bonus trait during the Delta Recruit Event of generating Dilithium Ore upon defeating enemies, a bonus which extends to your entire group. This trait will only be available during this event and will be gone once the Delta Recruitment event ends, so gather your Dilithium Ore while you can!

Additional rewards are gained by leveling up, playing through story content up through the Breen story arc, and finding special Delta Recruit objectives on certain mission maps. Many of the same things that players do while levelling their characters will earn Delta Recruits improved rewards!

Finally, during the first six weeks of the seven-week Delta Recruit event, there will be server wide goals that only Delta Recruits can contribute to, but by accomplishing these goals, they unlock bonuses for the entire server for the whole of the next week of the event! For example, in the first week of the event, every Episode First Run that Delta Recruits complete will count towards the goal. How many First Runs they complete will determine the bonus of the week-long event running in Week 2. You will have either a 1.5x XP bonus, a 2x XP bonus, or possibly even a 2.5x XP bonus for the entire week!

There’s far too many bonuses and rewards available to list them all here, so get ready to make your Delta Recruit (all accounts are getting one extra free character slot), and keep watching between now and April 2nd for more information.

And well, here's the second...so they can kind of be read back to back...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9082173-delta-recruitment
    The recruiting efforts by Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic are ramping up. As the threat of an Iconian war looms over the galaxy, there is great anticipation to see all the new officers captaining starships for these three factions.

But Delta Recruits are more than just warm bodies. Tasked with acquiring as much information about the Iconians as possible by an agent from the future, they must piece together a 200,000-year-old puzzle. Delta Recruits on missions will occasionally find additional mission steps asking them to locate something on the map that will help fight a war in the future. Because of this help, the galaxy has a fighting chance against the Iconians.

What does this mean a Delta Recruit needs to do? Well, a key part is hunting down these objectives on these mission maps.

Additionally, the Delta Recruit system will reward you for reaching levels 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 on your character, as well as for reaching level 1 and 5 in any R&D School. You’ll receive relevant rewards in these areas as you reach these milestones, so make sure you are checking your Delta Recruit UI for completed tasks when you hit the appropriate marks.

Being a Delta Recruit means more than just racing up the levels. Recruits who are at least level 30 get a task to join a Fleet. This brings with it some fantastic rewards that will really help Fleets achieve whatever projects they are working on completing.

Finally, there are the weekly server-wide goals. These are tasks that are tracking things done and acquired by Delta Recruits throughout the entire server. Achieve the target number and the next week a server-wide event turned on so every character (not just Delta Recruits) can reap the benefits for an entire week. Once you hit that first goal though, a new, larger second tier goal will appear. If the server can complete that, the bonuses given in the next week will increase, and a final third tier number can be achieved. Reaching this number will crank up the bonuses in the next week’s event to the max.

• Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do we have to wait for this event to start before we make a Delta character? or can we make one now?
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Do we have to wait for this event to start before we make a Delta character? or can we make one now?

We have to wait until the event starts.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The question for me is "Do I really want to roll another alt I don't want just to help out my fleet?" I really don't need any more Fed alts. I was going to make some more KDF alts, but with the way rewards are structured, I guess I'll just grind a couple of Fed alts to 30 and delete them. This event basically encourages throwaway alts. Meanwhile, the sector space revamp will probably launch with multiple camera zoom and doffing bugs.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015

We will have to wait until we are told, so that we can buff the metrics they need us to pump when they need it
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think we've already had a taste of what you get when you send Star fleet captains to repair the time line from the shows...a permanently damaged time line and several historic characters killed in the process.:P

I hope this has been thoroughly tested out we don't need the game getting more gunked up than it already is.:(
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Because I haven't leveled a new toon in a year and a half; and my current toons are all at Level 60. And I am content with them not having spec trees maxed out.

I have no idea how this is a "scam". This is Cryptic giving me substantial benefits to something I was planning on doing anyway.

same here, I have been contemplating rolling a new character for a long time, not necessarily to play like my existing ones but just to revisit the levelling up experience once more and maybe do a bit with when I have a little extra time to kill.
    this seems like the perfect opportunity to do just that, so im all for it, I think it kinda sounds like it should be fun.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    I'm curious about the rewards from this Delta recruitment. As in are they actually going to give us something extra beyond what we lost or just return what was taken when DR went live?

I'm taking it the perks will be mostly about faster and better levelling. Maybe a couple items available during the level advancement as well but nothing game changing. I think the server wide unlocks will be levelling based as well. Extra marks, skill points, experience and the like.