• Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Event NOW First City 4 meet at J'mpok
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another shameless bump. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hrrm... gotta get a few things done first but I'll see if I can make it.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I've been doing my part to spread the word to my non-forumgoing friends. But of course today ends up being the day that we are heading out of town to visit family :\. Looks like I'll be forced to sit this one out . . .
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Shameless bump. Again! :D

Click on the Link in my Sig Banner to find out what's it all about. And thank you in advance for promoting the KDF. Much Appreciated! :D
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    we found it somewhat problematic having people use qonos zone chat to organise, with queue callouts being repeated over multiple fleet channels, people missing the chat while they were in some queue, and so on. earlier posters had it right about needing a dedicated channel, so roniak created KDF Public Channel.
    Now people dont need to loiter on qonos to participate. this channel is not going to be closed down tomorrow, and its got a bit of horsepower and momentum behind it, so it isnt going to go defunct either. KDF queue callouts, KDF builds talk, exchanging war stories, and laughing at the feddies is whats happening right now and will continue til cryptic shut down the servers.

to join, type into chat:
    /channel_join KDF Public Channel

it youre not familiar with public channels, we have posted a primer on joining channels, configuring sensible chat settings, setting custom chat colours and so on at patricks KDF Blog
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bump for front page.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I say we should run a Festival each quarter just to mess with Cryptic's metrics.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I say we should run a Festival each quarter just to mess with Cryptic's metrics.

Damn the metrics, I say! To Battle! :D
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Indeed, it was lots of fun! Met some new folks, run some stfs I didn't run in a looong time (or ever!). Looking forward for more events and activity in general!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I had a great time yesterday. Made some new acquaintances. Played STO with some quality people. Had some laughs. Learned a few things about the game I did not know. All in all a highly enjoyable thing. Very much looking forward to the next one.

Thank you to the people who set this up. Thank you as well to the people who participated. Qa'pla!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Sweet, there's going to be another one. This will line up perfectly with the fact that I'll be working on my new Ferasan Science Officer for the event, excellent.
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    1. I think the only metrics they care about are "Fed vs KDF vs Rom characters."

If a new player tries the game, likely it's a Federation character. If they leave, that character is still counted. And You used to have to have a Federation character to unlock KDF, so, there's that. By all accounts, this is a FED game, and those who don't like it...well, can deal with it or leave. I don't think anything we do will change that.

2. PvP is both unpopular, and ill-conceived in this game.

Personally, I have 0 interest in anything Cryptic Pvp. It's just an mess, and it would take so much work to fix it, that at this point, it's a lost cause.

Im waiting for the new PVP engine to be implemented with current maps and a few new ones too. I enjoy a good PVP but will now have to upgrade all my gear and enhance my tactics e.t.c
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I agree completely, and have already been encouraging everyone I know to roll a KDF toon for the event. We will see how it turns out, as many Fed friends are in a Fleet already and don't want to venture out of their friends' company and make a toon that isn't in said fleet. However, I can say for near certainty that at least 3 of my friends will be making a new Klingon (or at least Rom-KDF).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Very Good News indeed! I did not get to play as much as I wanted to yesterday.
    Darn that Real Life stuff anyways! :D

T'Cael will be standing by in the main lobby of the Romulan Command building to assist. I'd like to create another channel in game as well. No idea yet what it will be called but as with the one created for this event, I 'll leave it up as long as there is interest.

If there is anything I can do to help out with this please do not hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just wondering:
    Is it possible to use the Foundry for use in the next festival thing?
    Sort of like the stuff we could do during the Winter Event.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    for the low-rankers on the 11th, a list of good Foundry missions could be darn useful, provided a few things fall into place and the right missions are selected from the 'Availables" to complement them.

So, (and I know this is going to cause some gnashing of teeth here) what missions from Foundry are playable at low levels, and worth the time in terms of giving good value, which ones are 'group friendly' enough to take a team through, and (from a Player-only perspective) which ones are a bit too...single-player or one-note to make the list?

Playing Foundry Missions is one of my favorite parts of the game. I'll see what I can do about this. When I am done, where do you want me to post the listings? Here or in your blog?
  • Options
    stohenrikstohenrik Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, my time on the 11th will be limited, but a few hours is a definite (last time was fun).

Started this game with friends on the Fed side and never really socialized much beyond them, but they have mostly gone inactive by now.

Last event was more or less the first time I actually joined a channel and spoke to people.

My new Alt(s) coming the Delta thing will definitely both be KDF-aligned after last event. I can always use my Fed-main as as my crafting mule anyway :cool:

Now off to make sure my current Klingon gets some love, so he's at least 60 and have something better than random mk. IV-XI disruptors with consoles. He needs to be ready for Ker'rat after all.

Anyone know what level fleet is required to upgrade my peghqu' to fleet? I haven't see that anywhere, and it'd be useful for when I go looking for a permanent home for my character (and the future ones) in the fleet area.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    stohenrik wrote: »
    Anyone know what level fleet is required to upgrade my peghqu' to fleet? I haven't see that anywhere, and it'd be useful for when I go looking for a permanent home for my character (and the future ones) in the fleet area.

from memory it is t2 maybe t3 spire for the fleet vets ships. i dont recall which particular spire track it is, but its definitely not t5 shipyard.
  • Options
    stohenrikstohenrik Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    from memory it is t2 maybe t3 spire for the fleet vets ships. i dont recall which particular spire track it is, but its definitely not t5 shipyard.
    Thanks a lot.

My silly brain only thought of looking under starbase projects - but you're absolutely right, STOWiki has it under the T2 spire.
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Missed the first one. I'll be there April 11th.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Began researching Foundry Missions for April 11th. I'd been thinking all day about some parameters for this list and here is what I decided to use.

- First, no farming missions! While I understand the need some people feel for such activity, I have always thought this type of mission is unethical. If I have to play or create a special mission where the enemies are pretty much helpless just so I can get an accolade or max out my loot drops for the day, then I may not be playing the game correctly. This is an observation, not a judgement. But it is an observation I feel strongly about.

- "The play! The play's the thing!..." Foundry Missions are created by fans for other fans. They are a labor of love for their makers. Many of the very good missions I have played are far superior to the 'official' ones. To this end, my recommended list of missions will be chosen more for plot, story, and content rather than a specific type of mission or enemy. I am going to try hard to choose the ones which feel the most tlh'Ingan to me.

- "It's too hard!" Those of us who have played STO for a long time have access to items and abilities which newer players do not. It has been a very long time since I had a char below lvl 50. So I tend to not remember just how difficult some things are to accomplish. To this end, I am going to restrict the gear level on my test pilot to Mk XII Purple/Blue. This should be a good balance point because of the way NPCs level up or down to match players.

- "So many stories, so little time." I am going to create a list of twenty or thereabouts and try to not make them all the same kind. Twenty space only missions would be boring. As would twenty Ground ones as well. I want a good mix and enough variety where people can pick and choose to suit themselves.

- "Missed it by that much." The Spotlight and Featured Missions will show up without too much of a hassle. I am going to go deeper into the lists to find missions which are just as good and maybe haven't been played by as many people or as often. A lot of times, the difference between a Spotlight Mission and the runner up is very small and the runner up mission is just as good.

- "Two heads and all that." I am going to try to pick out missions which are suitable for multiplayer. One of the ideas I took from Patrick's initial post about these festivals is they are supposed to be a group effort. So it makes sense to me to choose Foundry Missions which are better when played with friends.

I should have a list which is a good first draft in about a week or so. I can post it here or in the blog as the OP chooses.

If any Foundry Authors read this post, your input and advice would be greatly appreciated. The Foundry is my favorite part of STO and I view it as endgame content equal to and most times superior to any of the STFs. This is a personal opinion, not a judgement. But I stand behind it one hundred percent.

Anyone with questions or comments about any of this project I've set myself, please PM me at your earliest convenience. I'd rather not clutter this thread with more posts than I need to to get this part of the April 11th festival up and running.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    List of Foundy Missions should be posted here and in the blog by Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Apologies for the double post. but...

Here is the list I promised. Twenty five KDF Foundry Missions in no particular order. These were selected for their story and "Klingon-ness". Since some of the best Star Trek episodes have a large amount of humor in them, the list is slightly skewed towards those Foundry missions which also feature humor. I was surprised how many are or have been Spotlight Missions when I began looking back for missions to put in the list.

The best Foundry Missions are those created by Star Trek fans for other Star Trek fans. I probably spend more time playing Foundry Missions in between Featured Events than I do anything else. Decent loot. Dilithium. Specialization Points. And no repeating the same mission over and over again. What more could a true warrior ask for? I hope you enjoy these as much as I have.

Without further preamble or hype, here is the list.

"The Chimes At Midnight"
    "Time The Enemy"
    "HA01 - Stolen Property"
    "Devil's Devout"
    "Time Will Tell"
    "The Fire In Which We Burn"
    "Krios Falling"
    "The Hunter Killer"
    "Into the Nightmare"
    "The Prisoner"
    "Infiltration Point"
    "Honor of the Empire"
    "Future Shock"
    "Honor of Orions"
    "Tempus Fugit"
    "Hero of the Empire"
    "Honor of Ferasa"
    "The Computer's Son"
    "Terrors of the Past"
    "Grapok In The General's Lung"
    "Federation Desperation"
    "Raktajino In A Jar"
    "Crouching Ty'Gkor Hidden Demon"
    "The Honor Of Profit"
    "Stray Dogs"

Most of these Missions will appear in the Mission Select List after the Browse All button is highlighted. Within the Browse All Window, one can select to Search by one of four categories. If the one you are looking for does not appear, pick the Custom Search Option and type the name into the Title Box. This should bring the Mission up and from there, it is just like playing one of the Featured Episodes. Please make sure you read ALL of the Author's text in the window on the right. Very useful information there which should improve the quality of play for you.

So, I'll see you on the 11th of April, Warriors! For the Empire! For QeylIss!
    Peace thru Power! Kane Lives! And...

LEEROYY JENKINS! :D