Install Arc
Options

thinking about the Community...

Comments

• Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tarsudo wrote: »
    If Cryptic could be announce ... that would be nice!!

My vote:

Festival of Blood and Glory

Qapla'

Good name. I've been calling the "Event" when I get time to log in. Beats "Klingon Pride Day"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    rasalghul2rasalghul2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1st Sry for mi english.

my account have klingons only and i hope be in the event , to show support to the kdf (not sure for mi time zone)
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even if I don't go, I'd like to at least put a vote in for "Festival of Blood and Glory"
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Even if I don't go, I'd like to at least put a vote in for "Festival of Blood and Glory"

Unless this festival has moving food that is still alive I cannot take part in such federation treachery.

THe other side of our communities out there in the game is that a lot of ppl I played with the longest between seasons 7 and 8 they pretty much haven't logged in since as well as the way communication and the community itself has been taken a beating from the game is really on its been fun but its coming to an end. I guess the best way to bring out 2015 would be something nice for the community for one last hoorah the all good things lockbox and war is good for business rep lol.
  • Options
    qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unless this festival has moving food that is still alive I cannot take part in such federation treachery.

THe other side of our communities out there in the game is that a lot of ppl I played with the longest between seasons 7 and 8 they pretty much haven't logged in since as well as the way communication and the community itself has been taken a beating from the game is really on its been fun but its coming to an end. I guess the best way to bring out 2015 would be something nice for the community for one last hoorah the all good things lockbox and war is good for business rep lol.

Now here is a chance to get new friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i am starting to think that if this were to really gain traction and become a regular and recurring thing, it should revolve around something 'tangible' in a sense. i dont think it can succeed past a single day if it is a loosely organised effort. i think it needs some sort of 'org' to put a face to it. something that is by and for the kdf, whether that be a 'blog of the empire', a kdf podcast to counter the dozen or so fedcentric podcasts already out there, i dunno.
    obviously something like that needs a person to take ownership of it. somebody well-versed in the kdf, eloquent, known to champion the faction, and so on. imo the perfect person for something like that is OP himself, patrickngo. i know that pretty much every time i read a patrick post i am nodding head in agreement. id be perfectly happy to stand behind something like that and do whatever i could do to support it.
    patrick, have you ever given something like that consideration?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I lack the technical ability to handle a Podcast, (Hey, I'm 42 in ten days...I grew up without the internet! lol) Heck, I can't even handle doing screenshots...

But we do need someone with technical chops who CAN handle podcasts and other multimedia, if not to run the show, then to front it.

i am a technical person, but i reckon you are ideal to front the effort.
    i think we definitely need something more than an idea and a date to promote though. what do you say to starting with a humble blog? done properly, of course. meaning a proper domain and set up. i will message you in-game.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I'll get to work on the Blog soon, it may be easier to PM me here than in-game, since my computer gets...freaky if I have the game and something else going at the same time.

sent.

10 char
  • Options
    dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2015
    i am a technical person, but i reckon you are ideal to front the effort.
    i think we definitely need something more than an idea and a date to promote though. what do you say to starting with a humble blog? done properly, of course. meaning a proper domain and set up. i will message you in-game.

It is a good idea to make a independent blog outside this forum.I am sure more people will join that .
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    dalmaciusdalmacius Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like a plan. Count me in.

I have 2 Fed toons (the rest are all KDF) and I find myself asking friends, "Where's the Skill Trainer in ESD?"

It will be a Glorious day of Blood and Honor.

Dubej tlhIngan wo'
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am waiting March :D:D:D

Qapla'
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So my KDF fleet (House of Setesh) sent me an in game mail about this(with a link to this thread). I was thinking about quitting this game (again) after the 5 year event. This is actually pretty cool and even if I do quit, I'll be back for this. It'll be nice to see a KDF population spike even if it is just for 1 day.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Checked out your blog the other day Patrick and must say it was very well said. :D

Moving along, it's been close to 2 weeks since anything was posted on the planned "event" mentioned in this thread, are plans still progressing to make sure things are still going to be happening? As we are getting closer to the 14th of March I was thinking of listing the event in my fleet's info to encourage others to participate, but want to make sure things are still a go...
  • Options
    cronos722cronos722 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will pass this information to my Warriors in House of Spectre.

I will not be able to attend, but will work out the details with my Commanders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fulginfulgin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Suggestion: We should create a public chat channel for the event. That would allow us to coordinate with each other and announce events, and it would give new recruits a place to get connected. We could also send out promos in zone broadcast like this:

Brave warriors of the KDF, qapla'! Today we celebrate the Festival of Blood and Fire. Join us for story, song, and glorious combat! To learn more, join the public channel "chan_name"

I'd be happy to set the channel up. You can contact me in game via my global, @fulgin
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    fulgin wrote: »
    Suggestion: We should create a public chat channel for the event. That would allow us to coordinate with each other and announce events, and it would give new recruits a place to get connected. We could also send out promos in zone broadcast like this:

Brave warriors of the KDF, qapla'! Today we celebrate the Festival of Blood and Fire. Join us for story, song, and glorious combat! To learn more, join the public channel "chan_name"

I'd be happy to set the channel up. You can contact me in game via my global, @fulgin

Good idea but, we have a lot of channel look this

Qapla'
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Glad to see events like these are being organized. I've informed my fleeties about the event, and barring any emergencies, Zenas Privateers will be around.
  • Options
    captaindmutleycaptaindmutley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have posted this to my fellow Klingons and lets see if we can get some House of Puv'Taj into the fray.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I hope speaking spanish people don't be angry with me. I already register in some f
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LESS OF TWO DAYS FOR Festival of Blood and Fire! GREAT WE HOPE ALL KDF COME WITH THEIR CREWS, FLEETS AND WEAPONS READY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

tlhIngan maH!

Qapla'
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    we are only a matter of hours away!
    i am really looking forward to running some minetrap!

i will be both on qonos and in the house of beautiful channel (its public and kdf).
    hope to see you all then
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gotta say I am looking forward to this tomorrow. I have spent the time from the announcement of this until now working hard to get my char prepared for this. I do not want to be a source of disappointment to my fellow warriors.

I must admit one of my primary goals for this is to find a new Fleet to call home. But given the choice between getting a new Fleet or doing well for and by my fellow KDF players, I would always choose the second.

EDIT: Patrick, we've never spoken directly, but I would like to say Thank You for doing something such as this.
    And Thank You to all who helped Patrick get this organized. Glory and Honor to you and your House!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Shamelessly double posting to shamelessly bump this thread. :D

In a little less than fifteen minutes, the Festival of Blood and Fire begins!

For QeylIss! For the Empire! To Battle! Qa'pla!

Honor to your House and Glory for you!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.