What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Ships broken

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thats a bit extreme... they're reduced from their max but hardly unusable.. unless yer trying elite stuff then I guess that difference would hurt more

prac·ti·cal·ly
    ˈpraktək(ə)lē/
    adverb

virtually; almost.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    prac·ti·cal·ly
    ˈpraktək(ə)lē/
    adverb

virtually; almost.

I know and Im callin BS on that... because its not impossible nor practically impossible to play the game's content w/o the commander BOFF power either sci or tac. Makes things a bit more annoying sure, but the increase in difficulty is negligible unless you're trying to push things to ultra-max
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    not even a mention in the patch notes... Im not the only one to file a bug report right?
  • Options
    fanofallsevenfanofallseven Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know and Im callin BS on that... because its not impossible nor practically impossible to play the game's content w/o the commander BOFF power either sci or tac. Makes things a bit more annoying sure, but the increase in difficulty is negligible unless you're trying to push things to ultra-max

I'll go ahead and swap 'impossible' with 'pointless' then, which may be a better fit. A T5/T5U ship without usable Commander powers is not a T5/T5U ship, full-stop. Yes, it's technically possible to complete all the solo content in a T0 Connie, but that doesn't have any bearing on the capabilities of the Dyson series.

I see no mention of it in the patch notes, but will take another look once the server comes up.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rob2485 wrote: »
    You are missing the point. IT is not a debate of completing the content without the CMDR abilities.

It is about the fact that I personally along with many others in the game are heavily invested in the Dyson Destroyer, the 3 pack is what I originally purchased last year and then I decided to do it on a romulan. Yes I should have bought the big 9 pack and saved a load of money but I dont have a KDF and it was months later I decided to do the build on my romulan.

To the point, the ship is or was a T5-U with the DR release and upgrade tokens. It is still a great ship and up until the Anniversary release everything was great. Now it is a broke ship and cryptic is not addressing the issue.

That is the reason players like myself are not happy. As I said in another post, I have shutoff the cash flow from my credit card due to this and will not buy anything else because MY SHIP is broke and they don't care.

No Im not missing the point, I know its broken and I want it fixed too. Its frustrating as all hell. But for someone to blow it out of proportion and call it impossible to use the ship or practically impossible to use the ship is just stupid. The ship works and, unless you're trying to min/max everything in elite, you are not prevented from playing the game successfully with it. rmy1081 claimed they were unusable, they are not that bad. Broken, yes. Needs to be fixed, yes. Frustrating, yes. Pointless, no. Impossible, no. Practially impossible, no.

now since the devs usually ignore these forums, I'll ask again if everyone else filed their in game tickets on this issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No Im not missing the point, I know its broken and I want it fixed too. Its frustrating as all hell. But for someone to blow it out of proportion and call it impossible to use the ship or practically impossible to use the ship is just stupid. The ship works and, unless you're trying to min/max everything in elite, you are not prevented from playing the game successfully with it. rmy1081 claimed they were unusable, they are not that bad. Broken, yes. Needs to be fixed, yes. Frustrating, yes. Pointless, no. Impossible, no. Practially impossible, no.

now since the devs usually ignore these forums, I'll ask again if everyone else filed their in game tickets on this issue.

I think you're the one blowing this out of proportion. You're starting to put words in my mouth. I can't build my ship the way I want to because of a bug. There's nothing more to argue here.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic:

I know you guys are busy as there's been a lot of bug fixes lately, but a fix would be greatly appreciated.

My characters with the problem are:

Cyy@rmy1081
    Vahel@rmy1081

Thanks
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    We are aware of the issue. We don't yet have a fix. I'm doing what I can to draw extra attention to this, but I can't promise anything.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    We are aware of the issue. We don't yet have a fix. I'm doing what I can to draw extra attention to this, but I can't promise anything.

Any info is much appreciated! Thanks!!
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Strange, but while I was among the initial folks suffering from this bug, it hasn't been affecting my character for the past week or two. I just assumed it got fixed and went on with it.

Weird...

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

thanks frost! :) I imagine the death of server hamsters every week has more priority atm lol
  • Options
    jjohnson1777jjohnson1777 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Funny thing is my Romulan Dyson ship works fine, no issues what so ever. My Fed and KDF Dyson ships however don't work. While tactical mode is active they continuously switch back and forth between modes and I can't change the cmdr. level powers at all.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I only use my Romulan Dyson ship, and it is still stuck with basic Commander abilities.

Thanks Frost.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ticket #3,219,714, Cannot change Cmdr powers on Dyson Science Destroyer
    I've been trying to give my T5U Dyson Science Destroyer a spin and while adjusting my powers I noticed that there weas absolutely no way to change the bridge officer powers of the "transformable" stations, the 'Commander' Tactical and 'Science'.

I tried a few workarounds like unslotting a bridge officer, changing his default powers and slotting him back; or slotting an entirely different bridge officer that I'd preset with the desired powers... but it made no difference.

For me, the Cmdr Tac station's 4th power is stuck at Cannon Scatter Volley III, while the Cmdr Sci station's 4th power is stuck at Viral Matrix II.

There is no useable workaround for me at this time, and this severely devalues the function of the Dyson Science Destroyer's variable lean on either science or tactical. Please fix this.
    Just adding fuel to the fire. Just noticed this today and it is indeed still an ongoing issue.
    I'm glad to see QA knows about this, at least.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    not mentioned again in the known issues or fixed issues on patch notes...
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bolvarian wrote: »
    Dyson Ships Commander abilities not working regardless of what ability is selected. It doesn't even show up as an option to use. /snip.

I don't have any of the Dyson/command ships yet so I'm mostly just guessing, when you say they don't show up as an option to use, are they in their own tray and do you mean that the tray isn't showing up? If that's the case then this might help; when flying a sci vessel, sometimes the unique tray for the sensor scan buff friend/debuff foe thingy (I forget what it's called) doesn't show up for me, the quickest way I've found to fix it is to open the main menu next to the minimap and click on "adjust hud", then hit escape and it should show up. Hope this helps. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Read the posts and know it's being addressed but adding:
    Am unable to change Cmdr Tac power from default to Cannon Rapid Fire III or Scatter Volley III.

Will show as changed in the Boff skills tab, but reverts to default power in Stations tab and unable to select any new Cmdr power. Tried in space and ground, no change. Tried in Tac mode and regular mode, no change. Strangely, no issue with Sci Cmdr power (GWIII works when not in Tactical mode).

Also, hadn't been to Tribble server in a year and surprised to find that the Dyson ship there (must have been the last ship I played with on Tribble in early 2014) had SUBSPACE FOLD as a tray power. Is that not available anymore as an option on Dyson ships?
  • Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has this been fixed yet?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    antzudan wrote: »
    Has this been fixed yet?

not mentioned in patch notes again nor in known issues so Imma gonna go with 'no'
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    If you're still seeing this, try reseating your Bridge Officers, and/or switching to a different ship and back to your Dyson. You might also need to change maps to force the ship to update.

If all that fails, and you still experience the bug, please reply with your character's name@handle.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    kencyr11kencyr11 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still have this issue for science Boff. Commander tactical boff is registering in both science and tactical modes

Ship is the freebie KDF Dyson destroyer

tried the following:
    reseating boff
    reseating boff with map transition

changing ships
    changing sips with map transition

handle: Ooala@kencyr
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    it's also not working for me. Both the Tactical and Science commander power are unchangeable.

Cyy@rmy1081 KDF Tactical DSD
    Vahel@rmy1081 Romulan Tactical DSD

Thanks
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Also still experiencing this. I've tried switching to a different ship and back, no effect. Tried changing to a different boff, no effect. Tried changing the boff powers whilst on a different ship, no effect.

S'anra@khamseen

Bet you're loving the guy who came up with the idea of a dual commander switching boff layout right now eh. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    monkeyknigmonkeyknig Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tried to fix my KDF Dyson Command Science Destroyer. Swapped ships back and forth, both in dock and using Switch Starship in sector space. Swapped bridge officers each time. Went back and forth between DS9 and sector space to try to update the ship, but to no avail. Still not able to change my 4th tactical and science BOff powers.

And on top of everything else, as of the Feb 25 patch, it's no longer showing the correct ship silhouette on my HUD. The shield and hull indicator now shows a generic Federation ship instead of the KDF science destroyer silhouette.

Kalek@MonkeyKnig, KDF Dyson Command Science Destroyer T5-U

I checked on three other characters from each faction who have the original anniversary Dyson Science Destroyer as well. Tried the same fixes, still can't change the top BOff abilities. The HUD icon is correct on these ships, though.

Applegate@MonkeyKnig - Federation Dyson Science Destroyer T5-U
    D'Varis@MonkeyKnig - Romulan
    Rougsea@MonkeyKnig - KDF
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ^what they said

aside from that.... thanks for still payin attention frost! :)
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015

+1 Please fix asap!
  • Options
    saejin2000saejin2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Done times 100+ for almost a month now (submitted ticket 2/12/15). Please take pity on me and fix.

On a positive note I have developed some pretty good ramming skills from all the frustration. :D
  • Options
    saejin2000saejin2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    saejin2000 wrote: »
    Done times 100+ for almost a month now (submitted ticket 2/12/15). Please take pity on me and fix.

On a positive note I have developed some pretty good ramming skills from all the frustration. :D

saejinx@saejin2000
  • Options
    anterresthethirdanterresthethird Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Indeed, lets jump on this devs, please!