Install Arc
Options

R&D Pack Promotion [3/5 - 3/26]

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    auron8222 wrote: »
    Why not allow people who have the old Jem'Hadar Attack ship to REALLY upgrade it to T6 Jem'Hadar Strike ship? :confused:
    Because chances are people who own the old JHAS will most likely be tempted to get the new one, despite the fact they're being shafted.

Business as usual.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    I do feel hit in the face for having the original Bug Ship, so I can open the new one on the same account with the old one, will we see soon a new T6 Galor and T6 variants of the other Lockbox ships.

This aint right...copy/paste...call everything t5>>>ask for more money>>T6 :eek:

At least CHANGE the deisgn or name...not just a copy/paste...is the playerbase that naive to get the same t5 labeled as T6?

... who needs to play the game for entertainment, the blogs and resulting forum storms are far more entertaining and free! Free 2 Laugh!
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    executiveoneexecutiveone Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Current JHAS owners should be able to upgrade to JHSS.

Concur. At the very least, anybody who spent money (real or virtual) on these promo packs based in part on the promise of a free T-6 upgrade should be able to upgrade to the JHSS for free.

Obsolescence and power inflation are inevitable, and I don't think a developer has a general obligation to maintain players' relative power levels when releasing new content. But this is different. Here, Cryptic/PWE made a materially false claim of fact calculated to enlarge their financial gain from a promotion. There's only one way to make that right.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But does owning one grant the ability to launch Jem Hadar Attach Ships from a JH Dreadnought Carrier?

Even better, does it let you launch JH Strike Ships?

THIS????

the Odds of either are astounding (and unpublished- would love the Nevada gaming commissions opinion of this btw) so why not allow us to have the fighters (frigates) or at least confirm or deny....
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    why not for ALL the fleet t5-u's there are?! tons of money out there and with no traits for old ships (or special seatings) lots of reasons for people to still aquire them!
    i bet alone from the giant number of t5's out there, that there lies much more money than with any new box/promo they through at us.

^^^With this being said, Craptic, go #$%^ yourself. More lies?!?!?!? REALLY???!?!?! After the Tau Dewa debacle?!?!? In your own damn post you CLEARLY indicated to all current bug ship owners would get a free T6 upgrade.

No longer impressed. I will play your game for R&D Only, Take your metrics and Delta Rising and Rot well you know where... :mad:
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would even accept a lobi unlock for JHAS up to JHSS. Even it it was something ridiculous like 900 lobi.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I demand a T6 Vesta and Xindi Aquatic!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    is the playerbase that naive to get the same t5 labeled as T6?
    Yes?

It's quite disturbing, actually. The DR basically reset everything when it comes to endgame. From the gameplay standpoint nothing has changed, but from the business standpoint all our stuff got obsolete, new stuff is more powerfull than the old stuff, and in addition to that the prices have gone up. Nothing has actually changed, yet we're paying more due to arbitrary name changes.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this made me laugh at all the people that bought the jhas for 500m now.
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kamuii2 wrote: »
    this made me laugh at all the people that bought the jhas for 500m now.

better than real money
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surprised it took this long to be announced.

Some people are gonna be butthurt over this. But you know what? I'll take two. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's almost like Cryptic enjoys the abuse they get on the forums. They keep doing things like this lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surprised it took this long to be announced.

Some people are gonna be butthurt over this. But you know what? I'll take two. :D

Sorry I'm not gonna say it ... it's just too easy & too hilarious ... HF being b***-****** by Cryptic :P (sorry couldn't help myself)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    bbaetensbbaetens Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i hate to say this and i'm gonna sound like i'm about to bash on this ship but i'm not the ship is cool and great, just the way they add it to the game sucks major balls again. seriously this game went from "build by fan for fan" 2 "build by money-sharks for weak minded fans" ! don't take it personal "fans" but be real, look at the zen store, ships used to be affordable now there not really worth the pixels there made out of.

i know they must make money bla bla comments, seriously they made plenty and are still doing so, cos star trek has alot of "weak" soul-ed fans with the attitude "i need em all" or "i collect them all". again don't take it to personal.

And what about the lobi shop, seriously 800 lobi for a ship that's what 175-200 dollar for a ship if your lucky or unlucky with the lobi drop drops from the locked box's. seriously PIXELS guys!!
    and now this ship ... what are the % chance you gonna get the ship? 0.0001% eh. care to add that % drop rate to the box cryptic, i dare you add the info, i bet you sell no single extra box if you do. if you ask me the lockbox system is a scam!

don't think oh this guy got burned by the box's cos that's not the case in fact i'm lucky, my very first box gave me a temporal ship, the 24th box gave me a bugship "the old one, soled it btw" the rest of the box's gave me nothing but in total i bought like 50 box's give or take in all the 5 years. bought plenty of the zen store stuff but there you know 100% what you buy, the box not so much. anyways i'll quit this rant, you guys are gonna shoot me down anyways not one of you can see it, in fact you all gonna be so angry at me i'm thinking of not even posting this but where's the fun in that. i love to see you guys make an TRIBBLE out of your selfs =D
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When can we expect this treatment to happen to the Galor, Temporal vessels, and some of the other lock box ships?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    When can we expect this treatment to happen to the Galor, Temporal vessels, and some of the other lock box ships?

Pssst you're not supposed to know ... now open some Temporal & Cardassian Lockboxes ...
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Jhas is a promo it's not a lobo or lockbox ship. Still the last promo blog said the jeans would become t6. Anyone want to bet they'll edit that?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Jhas is a promo it's not a lobo or lockbox ship. Still the last promo blog said the jeans would become t6. Anyone want to bet they'll edit that?

I want some of those T6 jeans.

T6 jeans = Comes with elastic waist so they expand with you and extra secret pockets.

P.S. Just kidding by the way.
  • Options
    bbaetensbbaetens Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kintisho wrote: »
    THIS????

the Odds of either are astounding (and unpublished- would love the Nevada gaming commissions opinion of this btw) so why not allow us to have the fighters (frigates) or at least confirm or deny....

Holly smokes, you are absolute right, this is gambling is it! there should be a law for this type of abuse!! not even joking with you, i find the lockbox a scam from the start and its totally gambling this game is not rated for gambling is it? someone do something seriously the law is seriously broken here.
  • Options
    comradenikolicomradenikoli Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's going so bad for Cryptic and PWE since Delta Rising came out that they keep coming with new ships and milking the players in any way possible in this farmy, grindy, dilithium costly outdated game with no new content!!!!

Disgrace!

So glad I quit this game for better space games that is less grindy and farmy and loads of content!

You guys just continue to loose players like this, why don't you focus on new content, give the players some new maps to queue in, stop making them farm and grind every freaking event, they aren't Chinese farmers you know!
    Make the game better for the remaining players you got left, listen to your community and fix PvP while you at it, it's totally unbalanced!
    There are FOOUUUUR LIGHTS!
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So apparently the plan is NOT going to be focusing on exploration missions, just more attempts to jack up the Dil Exchange for another pointless ship that will have similar BOFF stations as other, CHEAPER, ships do.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Finally, the sacred cow has been slaughtered...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ak255 wrote: »
    So apparently the plan is NOT going to be focusing on exploration missions, just more attempts to jack up the Dil Exchange for another pointless ship that will have similar BOFF stations as other, CHEAPER, ships do.

The Poll was pretty hilarious ... after Exploration "won" ... multiple DEV's basically told us that "Exploration" is "impossible" ... sooooo ?
  • Options
    misslillicaluxmisslillicalux Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is the most overt cash grab to date. PW I am absolutely disgusted. And the drop rate will be what, < 0.5%? Let's see... at 300 zen each, that would be $600. Wow, PW. You're taking this Ferengi thing too far.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All I really care about is how this affects the value of the T5 JHAS's on the Exchange. Can't imagine sellers will be happy to know that they now hold the 2nd best model, nor can I imagine that the prices won't take a slight hit at the least.
  • Options
    fosterfacefosterface Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NOTE: Newly purchased Research and Development packs will only offer the chance to win the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship during this promotional event. Once this event ends, the packs will revert back to their previous state and no longer offer the bonus Lobi or the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship. Any older packs purchased before this event begins will not offer the chance to win the Jem’Hadar Strike Ship.

Packs purchased during the event, but get opened after the event will still benefit from this promotion’s bonus rewards.

This is a very confusing way of describing how the promo packs work. You may want to consider rewording that first paragraph so it doesn't sound like it contradicts with the second. Perhaps

"When you purchase an R&D pack during the event, it comes wrapped in a special Research and Development Pack - Promotion! box that, when opened, will reward 10 lobi or a Jem'Hadar Strike Ship and a regular R&D pack. Promotion packs may be opened any time during or after the event, and may be traded or sold on the exchange. Regular R&D packs, whether purchased from the exchange or from the C-store before or after the promotion event, will not have a chance at the special rewards."

That's really not an ideal way to describe it either, but it beats the heck out of your talk of packs "revert[ing] to their previous state".
  • Options
    khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone who would fork out money hand over fist for R&D Packs while the server is constantly lagging, disconnecting, and is essentially unplayable in many respects is out of their mind.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow. But then again, this is about the level of angst I'd expect from an announcement like this. All I have to say is that this new JHAS... still won't get me out of my scimi or cruisers. But I am curious as to how insanely ludicrously stupidly OP they will make it. Guess I will find out in a day or two.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...if new Lobi ships are all T6, the next time they run a bug ship lottery, will the bug ship be T5 or T6? I see two distinct bug ships on the horizon.

Well surprise, surprise, surprise!

11 months later, they go for the "TRIBBLE everyone option!".