test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion [3/5 - 3/26]

Comments

• bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they would give me the option to upgrade my T5U Bug Ship, even if I would have to pay Zen for it I would be okish with it but not that way.
    Bridger.png
  • fenris357fenris357 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well....im going to be pumping some zen into this my beam skill hits 15 tomorrow and a few other hit 15 over the next week so the chance of getting a free ship and/or some lobi is pretty sweet
  • ghostarrow01ghostarrow01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so will the jhas in game atm be upgrade like you said back in this post
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-the-jem%27hadar-attack-ship-returns!

With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone else thinks this smacks of desperation?

I played Need for Speed World for two years, before picking it up again a month ago.

It was the worst MMO I've ever seen, pure P2W everywhere. You needed to spent to get the very best cars, and if you were a F2Per, you were lucky to even be able to compete in the highest car classes.

But this, this beats it by a lot.

At least in NFSW things changed, now it's doing just fine, STO went the opposite lane.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh ones the evil bug is back just when I had thought we had finally stamped those things out. They're harder to kill than cockroaches!:eek:
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the bicho ship is back! wooohoo!! Or should I say escarabajo ship??
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep gear grind mill re-circulated no thanks I will pass on this.

I am recalling somewhere where it was saying oh no nothing is becoming obsolete. Yep this confirms it lol any bug you had before is TRIBBLE and out of the meta.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It just kind of sucks one of my favorite ships from Star Trek is locked behind a gambling box wall. I know what my luck is like so I'm not going to waste any real money on this, as usual. I'm sure they'll rake in some cash on this one though, there are plenty of people with more money than impulse control out there.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Borticus where are you.

Give us some faith (mine's at zero, can't go worse than that to be honest).

Drop in to say "it's not going to be an overpowered monster and in line with other T6 that are currently out".

Tell me it won't have 0.3 impulse mod, commander intel, ltcmdr command, hull of a cruiser, faster than a BoP. Please, say it.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    If it's true that it will have intel & command hybrid, 0.3 impulse mod, cruiser hull, more turn rate than a bug this place will see the worst part of me.

After I leave the game (<- lol, doesn't apply anymore)

I haven't heard the "cruiser-level" hull HP... that seems kinda false, to me. They keep saying they want classes of ships to be more diversified, hence the Starship Mastery level packages.

Nothing would surprise me, at this point, though. :rolleyes:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so will the jhas in game atm be upgrade like you said back in this post
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-the-jem%27hadar-attack-ship-returns!

With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.
    That's some pretty damning evidence right there. Hopefully they follow through. Any dev wish to comment on this? No? I didn't think so.

I believe that by T6 it means T5-U but T5U does not equal T6. T6 means either intel or command seating.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • kitsuneichibankitsuneichiban Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is a screengrab of the previous promise to upgrade existing bugs to "T6 capabilities", which T5U is definitely not, during the last bugship promotion.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Too bad really.

Neutralizes one of the major benefits of the whole Tier 6 business.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Originally, this was scheduled from 3/19 - 3/23, but now it runs alongside the CE event. lol

I wonder if the recent leak had anything to do with this change...
    I think promos like this can easily run along-side in-game events. They don't really take from each other - especially since the Crystalline Event doesn't grant you a new ship, but instead a boatload of Dilithium and a new item.

But I could see their scheduling generally having gone a bit off track due to the extension of the Anniversary Event.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • pcscipiopcscipio Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We are in the BFAW era now. JHSS will have a fixed Cmdr. tactical, therefore no access to SS3.
    Ofcourse it will have ludicrous speed and turn, hull, 11 consoles etc etc
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if there was any doubt before... the age of planned obsolescence is well and truly upon us.
    cryptic, you make it so hard not to hate you.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol :D Am I the only one kinda' happy about the bug appearing again?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone else thinks this smacks of desperation?
    Not really. Seems like an average thursday update to me.

Honestly, at this point I really don't know what the fuss is all about. By now everyone should be used to all this.

I mean, it's not like you really need this ship, or any other promo/lobi/lockbox ship for that matter, to beat ANY PvE content on Elite. You can very well do so in an inferior T5, even without an upgrade.

And it's not like (m)any of you are actually interested in serious PvP to be concerned about the fact that this ship will most probably be ridiculously OP - even more so than the previous "ship of the month". Good players will perform well in older ships, while weak players won't suddenly get OP just because they've won a powerful ship. Not to mention, the former will most probably keep flying ISA with their elitist DPS 134657628 channel friends anyway, and won't even consider playing anything else.

Same goes for the ship mastery traits. KDF and ROM players are still handicapped when compared to the FEDs (looking at you, Reciprocity...), but again, it's not like any of these are essential to your game. And with more event ships and specialization trees there will always be a "free" alternative.

And the most important part - in a few months this ship will be inferior as well, either to some newer promo T6, or due some change in the game mechanics.

Simply put - just don't buy it and don't gamble for it. Do so only if you really like how the ship looks, because for everything else there is or there will be an alternative.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    lol :D Am I the only one kinda' happy about the bug appearing again?

I kinda am, LOL... but, that's just because I was prepared for this kind of instance. ;)

Just waiting for the "hangar pet" shoe to drop...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, ah. yeah I'm not one to join a Rage on the forum. Most people have a ridiculous sense of Entitlement. And I defend the game because I love it. And recently the Dev Communication has been superb instead of Non existant.

And I NEVER cared for the Bug ship or its looks, etc.

But, This is a T6 Bugship. It even lets you Customize it's appearance to be so. And given that Statement from Last promo, yeah, I'd agree. Previous Bugship owners should be given the option to upgrade their's to this new T6.

Can't treat this like with the pathfinder, as its own new ship when you already made that statement. It would be a big slap to ANYONE that grinded/Paid to get the last Bugship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    all this re-releasing old ships, this not even in a new shape, without an update path to fleet t6 for all the existing fleet t5's-u/lobi/lockbox really ticks me off by now!

thx for being absolut customer-unfriendly §%R%&§%.... whatever

/howcouldthisrantendifuguysthrowoutonequestionabledecisonaftertheother?!?!?!
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I for one am pretty angry about this whole debacle.

The last time the JHAS promotion ran prior to Delta rising we were told that we would be able to upgrade the JHAS to T6 functionality at no extra cost when Delta Rising came out.

Tier 5-U is not Tier 6.

I await the stats of the JHSS but I foresee it having 11 consoles, 13 boff powers, intel/command hybrid seating plus the trait and special console.

So owners of the older JHAS are **** out of luck and their ship/previous investment is basically worthless now.

This goes against everything that Delta Rising did so well (the ability to upgrade your weapons from Mk 12 to 14, level cap increase etc) and is the fundamental problem with STO at the moment.

What is the point in spending time/resources/real world money obtaining the latest tier of vessel if there is now a precedent that newer levels/tiers will come out and make the older levels obsolete?

I have asked TIME AND TIME again that we NEED the ability to upgrade our current ships. Current JHAS owners should be able to upgrade to JHSS. All older T5/T5-U ships should be upgradeable to PROPER T6... 13th power, hybrid seating, trait. It doesnt necessarily need to be free (altho with lockbox ships it probably 'should' be) and I would pay to be able to do this.

Stop trying to force us to mothball our ships just to buy/use flavour of the month - ships ARE OUR CHARACTERS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
    edited March 2015
    I for one am pretty angry about this whole debacle.

The last time the JHAS promotion ran prior to Delta rising we were told that we would be able to upgrade the JHAS to T6 functionality at no extra cost when Delta Rising came out.

Tier 5-U is not Tier 6.

I await the stats of the JHSS but I foresee it having 11 consoles, 13 boff powers, intel/command hybrid seating plus the trait and special console.

So owners of the older JHAS are **** out of luck and their ship/previous investment is basically worthless now.

This goes against everything that Delta Rising did so well (the ability to upgrade your weapons from Mk 12 to 14, level cap increase etc) and is the fundamental problem with STO at the moment.

What is the point in spending time/resources/real world money obtaining the latest tier of vessel if there is now a precedent that newer levels/tiers will come out and make the older levels obsolete?

I have asked TIME AND TIME again that we NEED the ability to upgrade our current ships. Current JHAS owners should be able to upgrade to JHSS. All older T5/T5-U ships should be upgradeable to PROPER T6... 13th power, hybrid seating, trait. It doesnt necessarily need to be free (altho with lockbox ships it probably 'should' be) and I would pay to be able to do this.

Stop trying to force us to mothball our ships just to buy/use flavour of the month - ships ARE OUR CHARACTERS...

^this. just no trait for old ships and if necessary no intel/command/whatever seatings, but to hell: let us upgrade what we got!

(fleet) t5-u absolutely NOT is on par with fleet t6!!! and as an owner of all lockbox and lobi ships there are yet i gotta say: i''m really p*****! it's not just a slap in the face, it's more like a kick in the ba***!
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, they're going to make an absolute fortune in R&D pack sales from this.

Metrics will show that R&D packs are the best..... ah you know the rest. :rolleyes:

I don't blame them one bit at all for doing this. PWE's parent company is hemorrhaging market share (they lost close to 5% value very recently). It is imperative they do this right now. All hands on deck! Full power to revenue streams! lol

Yeah, the bugships have created an ugly unbalanced legacy in STO, but you know what? It's the nature of the capitalist beast. Besides, the complaints about it being OP and pvp-breaking and an insult to old T5 bugship owners are always great entertainment during my lunch breaks at work :P
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why not allow people who have the old Jem'Hadar Attack ship to REALLY upgrade it to T6 Jem'Hadar Strike ship? :confused:
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I presume there will be a post tomorrow or the day after detailing how stupidly OP this ship and its trait are? The news post doesn't make mention of it.

(I'm personally just disappointed we're getting another one of these limited time promotion events again soo soon - with another starship mastery trait not available to the general public. Romulan and KDF players are still really hurting for base-line T6 ships, and THIS is where resources are being allocated!?)
    edited March 2015
    auron8222 wrote: »
    Why not allow people who have the old Jem'Hadar Attack ship to REALLY upgrade it to T6 Jem'Hadar Strike ship? :confused:

why not for ALL the fleet t5-u's there are?! tons of money out there and with no traits for old ships (or special seatings) lots of reasons for people to still aquire the new ones!
    i bet alone from the giant number of t5's out there, that there lies much more money than with any new box/promo they throw at us.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hylanvahr wrote: »
    I don't blame them one bit at all for doing this. PWE's parent company is hemorrhaging market share (they lost close to 5% value very recently). It is imperative they do this right now. All hands on deck! Full power to revenue streams! lol

Hmmm I wonder why ... my magical Crystal Ball says they'll loose another 5% ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wast33 wrote: »
    why not for ALL the fleet t5-u's there are?! tons of money out there and with no traits for old ships (or special seatings) lots of reasons for people to still aquire them!
    i bet alone from the giant number of t5's out there, that there lies much more money than with any new box/promo they through at us.

I agree but this new(?) promo ship is a T6 equal version of old bug ship :confused: