Options

R&D Pack Promotion [3/5 - 3/26]

Comments

• Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    please tell me guys

that your not going to re-hash the SAME ships all over again...

You do understand that many want the iconic ships released as T6 versions which means they will be a "re-hash" of the same ships we already paid for, and many are willing to do this. The STO/Cryptic/PWE gurus are now just "exploiting" the willingness to re-raffle the new version of raffle box ships we spent too much money to get... or not get.

If it goes like the past, the raffle ships will live on (whether old updated versions or new versions) since the shinies in this game are ships. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so an already overpowered ship gets a T6 buff ? , did not see that coming (not :P )
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited March 2015
    lol so the old bug ship owners have to win their upgrade.

haha failed game .:D
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol, T6 Bugship.

Cryptic, DAT CASH GRAB.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lol, T6 Bugship.

Cryptic, DAT CASH GRAB.

new ship...its not the same ....except the model and the way you get it lol:D
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lol so the old bug ship owners have to win their upgrade.

haha failed game .:D

Yup. If I win, I'll stay and play with it (at least for a while); if not, then this is probably the last straw for me.

Every nerf since DR came out has been just another nail in the coffin for me.

So much of this game is not much fun anymore, either upgrading ships or playing them.
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Originally, this was scheduled from 3/19 - 3/23, but now it runs alongside the CE event. lol

I wonder if the recent leak had anything to do with this change...
    Correction: Bonus R&D weekend is still the 19th through the 23rd.

This runs alongside CE event only.

Sorry.
  • Options
    executiveoneexecutiveone Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    You do understand that many want the iconic ships released as T6 versions which means they will be a "re-hash" of the same ships we already paid for, and many are willing to do this. The STO/Cryptic/PWE gurus are now just "exploiting" the willingness to re-raffle the new version of raffle box ships we spent too much money to get... or not get.

I may be in the minority here, but I have no issue with STO re-releasing past ships as T6 upgrades. I think current owners should be able to acquire them at a discount, but that ship appears to have sailed.

What I do have an issue with is STO saying you'll get a free upgrade to T-6 while trying to get people to spend money on a T-5 ship and then announcing that what you'll really get is some intermediate upgrade between T-5 and T-6.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Correction: Bonus R&D weekend is still the 19th through the 23rd.

This runs alongside CE event only.

Sorry.

Look at the title of the thread. Does it say it stops on the 23rd?

This will run through both the CE event and the R&D weekend.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The player base has been shafted in this five years more than enough T6 Zen-Store Ships are more or less acceptable because they are an account unlock but the line must be drawn here when it comes to Lockbox Ship, give us the option to upgrade our Lockbox Ships.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bridgern wrote: »
    The player base has been shafted in this five years more than enough T6 Zen-Store Ships are more or less acceptable because they are an account unlock but the line must be drawn here when it comes to Lockbox Ship, give us the option to upgrade our Lockbox Ships.

they do that .They give you a new lockbox with the upgrade :D
  • Options
    unequivocaldcunequivocaldc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully this Tier 6 ship does not give any higher Damage per Second (DPS) hangar ships for the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (JHDC) - this will at least make some use out of the Tier 5 Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (JHAS).

On the bright side, it is still unknown if this new Tier 6 ship would possess extreme Overpowered (OP) capabilities...

(NOT OP possibilities):
    - It may only have 4 fore weapons and 5 tactical consoles.
    - The new console is not helpful at all
    - It may not give a new Hangar Pet that would most likely ONLY be able to be launched from a JHDC.
    - It's Level 5 Mastery is quite poor
    - It has another Tac Bridge (the original JHAS already has like tons of Tac abilities, having another could be worthless)
    - It's equivalent to a T5-U JHAS.

(OP possibilities):
    - It has 5 fore weapons (oh heck, make it 6 fore weapons xD) and 2 (or 3) aft.
    - It has 5 tac consoles (or maybe 6)
    - The new console boosts attack and criticals
    - The Level 5 Mastery boosts Attack Patterns (stacks xx times)
    - New Universal Bridge Officer that is > Lieutenant Rank, or it possess an Intelligence/Command hybrid.
    - It gives an all new Hangar Pet with twice the DPS of the Elite JHAS Pet.

Best not to think about it hehehe...
    But I am kind of angry that I bought the JHAS for a ton of EC recently...hence my grinding from the Omega Particle event was about 75% wasted seeing the price drops in exchange.

I would be happy if the T5-U JHAS can be upgraded to a T6 one, maybe via doing some mission or something? Heck, even if you need like a couple thousand of dilithium I would not mind.

However, seeing the above replies, I think there might be a good chance that the ship will be OP to earn more revenue. I mean, from a business point of view, that would be kind of logical for revenue generation.

Well, I will just wait until this new ship comes out and then grind for more EC.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i think its 1 thing to make a tier 6 version of some canon fan favorites, and put them in the c store, but gambling ships, you have to now gamble for again? utterly tasteless.

it really is just a mater of time before they rerun all the old lockboxes and put tier 6 versions of the ships in them. the fleet system was such a successful test to see if people will pay for the same thing twice, of course they would double down, or even quadrupedal down on the practice.

i doubt it will take more then 2 years for tier 7, at the rate planed obsoletion has accelerated.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's okay to rerelease ships at higher tiers, it's criminal to charge anything other than a proportional upgrade fee for the cost between tiers.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to interject here to talk about the last time the JHAS promo was around. This was the post talking about it , and it specifically said:

And while T5-U and T6 are similar, the JHAS factually does not have the capabilities of Tier 6 starships. Tier 6 starships have a 13th bridge officer ability, a starship trait, and have at least a lt. rank station with a specialization. The JHAS has none of those.

Now, while I don't personally own a JHAS, I think this is clearly deceptive advertising. When I heard the rumors of a new Jem'Hadar ship, I was wondering if it would be a T6 JHAS, and upgrade existing JHAS to Tier 6 starships. Instead, they're making a second Jem'Hadar ship via promo packs. IMO, a T6 JHAS would have just as many people buying promo packs, and that they're not being good to their word is upsetting.

Guess people in the high up command need new resorts.
  • Options
    psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I may be in the minority here, but I have no issue with STO re-releasing past ships as T6 upgrades. I think current owners should be able to acquire them at a discount, but that ship appears to have sailed.

What I do have an issue with is STO saying you'll get a free upgrade to T-6 while trying to get people to spend money on a T-5 ship and then announcing that what you'll really get is some intermediate upgrade between T-5 and T-6.

Agreed. I've not used any of my T5 ships since the introduction of T6. That said, I don't have many T5 ships to begin with. The only lockbox ship I own is the Galor (love those Carddie ships); I'd like to see a T6 Keldon.
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Copy/paste T5 (add some pretty color)>>>"SELL" as brand new T6 and give me your money!!!

YOU need to give everyone who had an old JHAS a "free" totally upgraded JHSS...no T5U or TFU tokens..no bulls about it..it AIN'T right...:D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know so many people RAGE about this sort of thing, but you know what?

I am happy about the promotion.

It's another ship that I neither need, nor want, but will be chased by many others, and will make Cryptic/PW lots of money, supporting the game that I enjoy playing.

With sincerity: Well done, and thanks to all who participate.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like that new hull texture. i wonder if we can use it with the other Jem'hadar ships.
  • Options
    keravnioskeravnios Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I think ^this^ is pretty close to the correct attitude. what annoys me more, is that with the vast selection of cross-factoin/lockbox garbage being churned out, two factions in the game basically have to rely on cloned items made for the third, or spend huge amounts to acquire traits and abilities.

which is ****ing ridiculous, this isn't Star Wars.

Whatch your mouth kid dont compare sw to this.
  • Options
    meletusdmeletusd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I halfway hope we cant log in because they got TRIBBLE by angry players demanding they halt this release.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    k4yd33 wrote: »
    I wonder if Cryptic are reading these posts, because not a single one is postive.

I am sure that Cryptic is listening to the vast minority that post on the forums and will take away the free ship they are giving you the chance to win with these resource packs. Yeah that makes sense.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    /e popcorn

I do wonder how, or if, Cryptic will attempt to explain the discrepancy between those screenshots and the new truth.
  • Options
    nightchills2nightchills2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    k4yd33 wrote: »
    I wonder if Cryptic are reading these posts, because not a single one is postive.

They don't give a ****. All they care about is money they proved that with the TRIBBLE tastic DR expac. I swear they got some little kid to write the lines for that pile of ****. And to all the morons out there that actuly bought into that T6 TRIBBLE I laugh at all of you for feeding this ****y company that is doning nothing but stringing you along to see how much more money that can get out of you.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kiloace wrote: »
    All I really care about is how this affects the value of the T5 JHAS's on the Exchange. Can't imagine sellers will be happy to know that they now hold the 2nd best model, nor can I imagine that the prices won't take a slight hit at the least.

I hope the price drops through the floor, would pay people back for their abnormally high prices.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic, remember when Tier 6 was first announced and you said you'd "take care of us?" Or how shortly afterwards you ran the R&D promo with the Jem'Hada Attack Ship and when we complained about promoting a Tier 5 ship when Tier 6 was coming you said the Attack Ship would be upgradable to Tier 6 capabilities?

Well as an Jem'Hadar Attack Ship owner I am not feeling taken care of at the moment, at all.

Exactly what he said, I have a JHAS for over 3 yrs now and have spent tons of zen,dill, ec, on the ship and equipment .. How about an upgrade token in the ZEN store, so our T5U can be true T6 ships like the one coming out in the packs.. You wanna make some money cryptic, you would make a killing on this...:eek: