What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - February 20, 2015

Comments

• Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nice bugfixes for some really old bugs. Good to see!
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Hey riccardo, we should take out or drain boats with Aceton consoles out for a spin sometimes.

Count me in. I have everything set up for it.

Override Safeties 2, Obelisk Warp Core, Siphon, Tyken's with aftershock, purple deflector doffs, Aceton, UR Secondary Deflector +Flow, now Tachyon Beam as well. All at 175 aux power, with Reciprocity and All Hands of Deck for... well lol time!

Call me when you wanna drain big time. Can't wait to kick on the Intrepid class :cool:
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Biggest thing which I am kind of glad it wasn't just a problem I've seen. That one recognized with the lag using powers is a horrible lag. I just can't bear to play at all with the amount of lag I came across when trying to play a command battle cruiser. That was really the only thing getting to me since it looks and feels like a negh'var the way I set it up lol. Anyways I may come back to the game when that lag is fixed if I can handle it then.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For someone who's been playing for little over a year, and a very actively doffing... I've *never* seen these assignments. Hope that's changed...

PS: Nice list of bugfixes. :) Good job.

its only available in TWO places. Tau Dewa Sector and the Command Center. These two ONLY.

You have to stake these out since they are hour shipboard updates.

If I stalk these, I will average about 1 every 3 days. And that's more or less checking those locations SEVERAL times a day.

You have 48 chances a day.

The issue is that with Feds or KDF you have the chance to see BO assigments anywhere since they can change when move sectors.

Romulans must be in a specific location at a specific time.

WHat really needs to be fixed is the locations.

I know someone in my fleet was freaking out because he had been trying for months on Faux Romulas not knowing he had to be in the command center or sector.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Override Safeties 2, Obelisk Warp Core, Siphon, Tyken's with aftershock, purple deflector doffs, Aceton, UR Secondary Deflector +Flow, now Tachyon Beam as well. All at 175 aux power, with Reciprocity and All Hands of Deck for... well lol time!

Call me when you wanna drain big time. Can't wait to kick on the Intrepid class :cool:

175 aux power? :eek:

How ees this posseeble?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    175 aux power? :eek:

How ees this posseeble?

A 135 max Core with the +40 from OSS2...175.

Course, in that list he had there...I'd add QSM in for it's +100 to Sci skills as well. Maybe work in the Inspirational Leader trait with fingers crossed for another +35.
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am all for getting out of the Delta Quadrant and back into the queues but Cryptic, it's ALL Stick and NO Carrot!

PvP Dead.

PVE Queues Dead!

XP Gain Dead!

Dil Donations to Fleet Holdings Dead!

Response Time on Ability Activations Dead!

Cryptic, look up, that hole is getting deeper everyday and light is fading...
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Finally had a chance to try the Dyson Ground Battlezone on Tribble and, quite frankly, unless I'm missing something, I haven't a clue what people were going on about in it here previously. The amount of spec points you gain, even from finishing the daily missions, is nowhere near the level one could gain from a single Argala run, much less multiple runs back to back.

It's possible that the spec points aren't finalized yet, and there's still the question of if they boosted spec point gain in STFs, and to what degree, but if this is a preview of how they plan to handle the utter removal of Argala as a source of spec point gain, then I'm afraid I am deeply concerned.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see some of the cluster support missions have been "fixxed"...

Could we please get a fix on the SUPPORT CHAIN availability as well , available from the bridge, so our trading vessels get worthwhile to fly again.

The removal of that ability (get the support chain assignments available while visiting a bridge in the cluster) was a massive removal of functionality.

I hope that one can be returned to the bridges, even if it does not show in the available tab but only as a console option to see the missions again.

When visiting the bridge, we can see all the same missions from the sector, but not the pop-up ones from the cluster interact.

And for ppl complaining about allways nerfing .... it has been stated by devs numerous times before .... they release new functionality often with a wide margin, usually more along the side of overpowerdness than underpoweredness ...

In the end for a dev/community standpoint it is easier to bring out a "new toy" which is to powerfull, then tone it down to be still very usefull, than to bring it out so everybody feels it is a waste of resources, and nobody wants it and everybody complains and new gear goes dusty in oblivion.

Combine that with the fact it takes time for the numbers to really come out about what can be done with certain things to quote an unnamed dev on this "I personally do not have a clue how those guys (ryan/felis/etc) manage to pull that off". ...... it always takes abit of time for the stuff te be used ingame, and gear that is not performing as intended will always get "fixxed" according to prioritization ... not in how broke WE think it is, but by how broke it is for the 100k players using the ability.

And ye .. Argala is boring, they have always said they wanted to replace such localized grindfests with more spread content-replay ...

My 2cnts on the progress .. bring out Spec Point Sponsorship tokens or give us alot more places to earn "bigger" amounts of spec points ... the amount of sxp we are currently getting from NPC's is a very large magnitude short of what it feels like it should be.
  • Options
    theredcomettheredcomet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tholian sword needs clipping fix as well
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited February 2015

all those bugs needs to get fixed as well. override Subsystem safeties is as bugged as surgical strikes, you shouldnt get 175 power with that, ist too OP. Reciprocity and all Hands on deck lets you have everything on global cooldown, even the captain abilitys, thats too OP. I hope the devs look into builds like yours.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Overall a good patch, but the stealth nerfing of Argala is a bad call and the changes to the Tetryon weapons are foolish.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    You know it's kind of interesting looking at this.

The Specializations, like the R&D system are supposed to be long term goals with long investment cycles. The Devs stated they didn't want people blowing through them. But in order to make certain that these abilities are worth that long investment Spec abilities are strong. Honestly the Reputation system is also in that mold, with a maximum amount of advancement per day.

Players by contrast want to ascend to the peaks of maximum ability as quickly as possible. To do that, the players grind. Since those abilities are worthwhile they grind hard so they don't lose any edge.

On the one hand, player grinding means players are playing, which makes the metrics look good. On the other hand successful grinding obliterates the long term investment goal that the Specializations were supposed to generate in the first place.

The Command specialization was released about three or four months after Intel, so that's maybe what? A spec point to a primary specialization per day? That's fine for me, not so much for some others.

But even a spec point per day as it stands now...that's a lot of grinding. Two and two half specializations. That's a lot of spec points.
    A 135 max Core with the +40 from OSS2...175.

Course, in that list he had there...I'd add QSM in for it's +100 to Sci skills as well. Maybe work in the Inspirational Leader trait with fingers crossed for another +35.

Override Subsystem Safeties. Honestly I haven't gotten all the way through Intel....

Am I crazy, or does that sound like a Engineering Captain Ability?

If it was an intel ability then it would inflict that on an opposing ship very briefly and then overload the system shutting it down and causing damage.

The kind of ability only a Chief Engineer and the Captain would get. Geordi had an Intel spec?

Thanks VirusDancer.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    all those bugs needs to get fixed as well. override Subsystem safeties is as bugged as surgical strikes, you shouldnt get 175 power with that, ist too OP. Reciprocity and all Hands on deck lets you have everything on global cooldown, even the captain abilitys, thats too OP. I hope the devs look into builds like yours.

I don't see them as bugged, but, I would probably add a override safeties into the FAW/BO etc shared cooldown.

Now on the global cooldown front, I think the devs have given up on having cooldowns except globals.

I don't see the point in them making Reciprocity affect tactical abilities when the ships that cause most misses are usually speedy tactical ships that don't really need that CD reduction except to keep piling up more tac skills which they don't really need.

My other issue with Reciprocity, it makes it easier on tacs while leaving scis behind (I don't talk about engineers because of Aux2bat). For the sci ship to achieve the same, they have to pile up a bunch of things that include those junk fleet deflectors (I'd redesign the skills in all from scratch) which suck as science deflectors therefore affecting the sci ship's effectiveness. Tacs don't get that penalty by using Reciprocity.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

To get to use 175 aux power level you need to be extremely fast, as it decreases at a very fast rate. Instead of raising to the maximum power, it starts at maximum power to decrease. The true effectiveness of Override is for a few seconds, otherwise it is just weaksauce, even after just 5 seconds.

ffs, since when drainboats are OP? They've been left for dead until Tachyon Beam changes. Even with that, you won't kill anyone with a drain build because you're missing either weapons or exotic to kill the opponent. It's strictly meant to work in a team.

@lucho depends on Reciprocity. To be honest, it solves the solution, for Fed side, of being forced to use AtB or spend an astronomical amount of EC to get, for example, two Attack Pattern doffs that are for millions each. Lol, one of them would cost as much as a brand new fleet ship.

For sci captains Reciprocity + All Hands on Deck is the jack of all trades imho. Personally, I don't have any issues with them even if I fly Odyssey/Aventine/Intrepid very often.

They need to look at Reroute Power from Life Support, the drawbacks/bonus power is way too negative. I have cooldowns like if I was subnuked, crew dead for +20 power at rank I, which doesn't break the cap. The cooldown component needs to go away, the abilities should give +20 power at each rank but not able to overcap. A dead crew isn't useful, that's already a major setback.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »

And the DOFF Assignment changes. Wonderful. Thank you.

I've never seen the reclaim borg drones assignments and I've looked.

I noticed that Reman BOFF assignments are up, but I rarely see Romulan BOFFs. Could that be looked at as well?

It's already been noted Romulan Boff assignements only show up on two maps (I've seen it a couple times - I can think of 2 occasions, one ended up being a SupOp Sci, not sure about the other). However I don't think it's been mentioned yet that reclaim 'Borg drones' is a Medical DH assignement. So unless looking in that tab of assignements (or having someone invite you to speak to their Docs), you couldn't get it.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I don't see them as bugged, but, I would probably add a override safeties into the FAW/BO etc shared cooldown.

Now on the global cooldown front, I think the devs have given up on having cooldowns except globals.

I don't see the point in them making Reciprocity affect tactical abilities when the ships that cause most misses are usually speedy tactical ships that don't really need that CD reduction except to keep piling up more tac skills which they don't really need.

My other issue with Reciprocity, it makes it easier on tacs while leaving scis behind (I don't talk about engineers because of Aux2bat). For the sci ship to achieve the same, they have to pile up a bunch of things that include those junk fleet deflectors (I'd redesign the skills in all from scratch) which suck as science deflectors therefore affecting the sci ship's effectiveness. Tacs don't get that penalty by using Reciprocity.

As far as cooldowns on Sci abilities it's seemed weird to me since I started my sci.

The cooldowns would make it seem like they are finishers. It takes far more speccing and specialization to actual kill things with Sci Abilities, versus the same amount of effort for a Tac or even an engineer.

It's kind of like the Phaser Lance on the dread. Big cooldown, but not a lot of effect.

I know it's at least partially me, I've seen Science ships that can destroy the opposition. But while I'm a rookie, it seems the effectiveness curve is really steep.

toiva wrote: »
    It's already been noted Romulan Boff assignements only show up on two maps (I've seen it a couple times - I can think of 2 occasions, one ended up being a SupOp Sci, not sure about the other). However I don't think it's been mentioned yet that reclaim 'Borg drones' is a Medical DH assignement. So unless looking in that tab of assignements (or having someone invite you to speak to their Docs), you couldn't get it.

I know, I've just never seen it in almost three years. I mean I wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't seen it on the wiki and asked someone in game. That said, there is the thing of bad luck and bad timing I get that. But I'm hoping the change will be significant.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    toiva wrote: »

You are also for some reason more likely to get that on a starbase EE. So unless you check your Med Officer on one of those bases you might not ever see the sector one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reduced the number of Reputation Marks required by the Hourly projects for Delta and Counter-Command reputations from 20 to 15.

What about the bug causing hourly projects to give no experience?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    What about the bug causing hourly projects to give no experience?

This is a thing? Is it Tribble-only or limited to certain reps? I just ran two hourlies to finish off an alt's Nukara rep yesterday, which is why I ask.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a thing? Is it Tribble-only or limited to certain reps? I just ran two hourlies to finish off an alt's Nukara rep yesterday, which is why I ask.

No, on Holodeck. Seems random, but basically, the hourly gets bugged into thinking you're already T5 and awards no XP.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    No, on Holodeck. Seems random, but basically, the hourly gets bugged into thinking you're already T5 and awards no XP.
    Are you running more than 3 hourly XP projects per day in one reputation?
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Once you have completed 3 Hourly XP projects in a single Reputation, Hourly projects from that Reputation no longer grant XP for 20 hours.

Does your experience differ from this restriction?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Borticus, this has been an issue since you guys changed the way the hourly reputation XP projects in season 9. I can demonstrate two scenarios.

First Scenario: You run both projects back to back, not having run on prior. After the first completes, there's no option to slot another one to take the empty slot. After these complete, you can't run anymore hourly XPs in that reputation track until you reach the next tier.

Second Scenario: This is more of a workaround that people have found. If you only slot one hourly XP and complete it, then the system will allow you to complete the other two back to back. It resets like normal after the 20 hours are up.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.47.20150215a.2.

Known Issues:
    • There are some areas in the UI where lag is occurring when trying to use a power.

Dont forget the UI Framerate drops when you open your Character window or inventory and many other windows
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A dead crew isn't useful, that's already a major setback.

Except a 'dead crew' is meaningless in STO. It keeps you from using one (lousy) ability (Boarding Party), and it very (VERY) slightly affects hull regen rate in combat.

Crew is meaningless in STO right now and frankly needs to be outright removed from the UI display. It seriously means that little.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Once you have completed 3 Hourly XP projects in a single Reputation, Hourly projects from that Reputation no longer grant XP for 20 hours.

Does your experience differ from this restriction?

btw bort, off topic from the patch notes, any plans on changing the mechanic of Reroute Power from Life Support? It's seriously underwhelming, worse than unskilled Energy Siphon and has too many drawbacks, especially lower power compared to OSS at each rank, increase in cooldowns.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    somebob wrote: »
    Except a 'dead crew' is meaningless in STO. It keeps you from using one (lousy) ability (Boarding Party), and it very (VERY) slightly affects hull regen rate in combat.

Crew is meaningless in STO right now and frankly needs to be outright removed from the UI display. It seriously means that little.

It affects the damage boost from Tac Team.

TT1's Strength scales from +9% down to 2.25% based on crew.

For comparison...
    [Dmg] provides +5%.
    Rarity increases Ultra Rare provide +2.5% each.
    Mark increases through Mk XII provide +10% each.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    "Substantial improvements to cloth outfits that allows them to hang much more naturally and have more realistic weight and movement overall."

The Tailor is STO's true Endgame.

I can't complain, I love the tailor.