Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edit: Never....mind.
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so was the whole point to make it even worse to get spec points? I have to currently run argala like 15 times for one level up and considering how many points are required to fill a tree this is insultingly slow going.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jrwith wrote: »
    so was the whole point to make it even worse to get spec points? I have to currently run argala like 15 times for one level up and considering how many points are required to fill a tree this is insultingly slow going.
    Whether it was changed intentionally or unintentionally, you're not supposed to be grinding for spec points anyway though; they're a long-term benefit for long-term playing, which was the intention.

And ultimately, the benefits aren't even worth the all-at-once grinding, least imo
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Cryptic Devs - Enough

Amazing that the only items you are ever able to fix are nerfs to equipment and powers. The PvPers complain and you respond, the player base complains about server stability, etc, you ignore it and throw more shineys out there. This game needs to die a fast and furious death. With any luck you will all need to learn the phrase, 'Would you like to Super Size that?' by years end. You have destroyed this game, and removed any sense of enjoyment except for the crybaby PvPers.

PvP in STO is dead, you killed that a long time ago, yet you still listen to the crying of a handful of legacy whiners.

Why do we waste our times with this wretched collection of pixels and bad code.
    I hardly think it was the PvPer's they were listening to when they made those changes...

Also, 'this game needs to die a fast and furious death' is the exact kind of thing they don't listen to, even if you think it's true, because it doesn't actually help them in any way, shape or form. In addition, your hyberbole of this game being destroyed and not being enjoyable is simply false; I for one enjoy it, as do others, despite any issues they've run into, past or present. Not everyone agrees with that of course, but it isn't dismissable either
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,143 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Character:
    The Following Combadges have been adjusted to better fit on all Female captains:
    • Mirror Universe Bajoran
    • Terran Empire
    • The Next Generation Movie
    • The Next Generation Series

I have been waiting for that TNG badge fix since I started playing before F2P.

BTW... MIRROR UNIVERSE Bajoran? We have Mirror Bajoran badges?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jrwith wrote: »

What you and most other people seem to keep forgetting is the specialization system was not designed to be something players would be able to complete quickly or easily. It is designed to take players a lot more time to finish than anything else in game to this point.

However every game has players that think they should be able to complete anything thrown at them in just a few days. These players are dangerous and can ruin things for more casual players if the devs make decisions based on their complaints too often. If they do find something they can work their way through in just a few days after its introduced they rage that not enough content was added. If it takes them much longer than they anticipated, like the specialization system, they complain that its too difficult and too much of a grind.

I know I'm going to take heat for saying this, but I truly wish that more players would be less serious about the game, and try not to complain so damn often about every single tiny little thing. Is this game perfect? No, not anywhere close. But it could be a hell of a lot worse too. The only thing about STO right now that thoroughly needs complaining about is the near constant server connection issues since the start of the anniversary event.
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They can nerf the patrols to zero skill points for all I care as long as they bring the buffs to queued missions and battlezones they mentioned in those same interviews. Reward me for doing what I want to be doing.

Something tells me you're going to be waiting a long time for those buffs. It's nerfs and "fixes" first, and buffs and actual fixes...eventually.

And for the people repeating the same tired lines about how spec points weren't meant to be grinded for, etc., let me highlight something from dragonsbrethren's post that I quoted above:
    Reward me for doing what I want to be doing.

This is the biggest problem currently. People feel like they have to grind Argala because, even with how little XP one gets from Argala, especially now, that's the only place to actually gain any appreciable amount of spec points. Currently, doing anything other than Argala earns a nearly imperceptible amount of spec points.

I would hope some of you can see the difference between "I want to earn everything right now" and "It would be nice if it didn't take nearly a month of normal, non-Argala play to earn just one spec point."
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited February 2015
    Wow! A lot issues fixed in just one patch! Awesome work their guys.

Thank you

Snipey47a
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    guys, they are already WAY past unreasonable on the xp gain, the solution is to stop playing and stop paying in mass until they have to fix it. control yourselves, the game is nowhere near an acceptable state, stop bending over and walk away until they HAVE to make it playable again.

crosis2014 wrote: »
    Cryptic Devs - Enough

Amazing that the only items you are ever able to fix are nerfs to equipment and powers. The PvPers complain and you respond, the player base complains about server stability, etc, you ignore it and throw more shineys out there. This game needs to die a fast and furious death. With any luck you will all need to learn the phrase, 'Would you like to Super Size that?' by years end. You have destroyed this game, and removed any sense of enjoyment except for the crybaby PvPers.

PvP in STO is dead, you killed that a long time ago, yet you still listen to the crying of a handful of legacy whiners.

Why do we waste our times with this wretched collection of pixels and bad code.

gr8 b8 m8
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I have been waiting for that TNG badge fix since I started playing before F2P.

BTW... MIRROR UNIVERSE Bajoran? We have Mirror Bajoran badges?

Well - the badges still clip very, VERY badly on a more... buxom character. They do fit on the chest better, but the clipping hasn't been fixed. The TNG movie is by far the worst of the pair.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And for the people repeating the same tired lines about how spec points weren't meant to be grinded for, etc.

It's 1,000,000% less repeated and tired then the OMG got to have it now crowd that cries daily that they have to grind Argala. Nope, you don't need the spec points, the are 100% alternate character advancement. Wanting them all now is pure impatience and greed.

Grinding should be as punishing as possible, and grinders should be told to STFU as often as possible. It is your choice to make the game a chore, and I have 0% sympathy or empathy for you, because the vast majority who don't play like that are doing just fine.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    It's 1,000,000% less repeated and tired then the OMG got to have it now crowd that cries daily that they have to grind Argala. Nope, you don't need the spec points, the are 100% alternate character advancement. Wanting them all now is pure impatience and greed.

Grinding should be as punishing as possible, and grinders should be told to STFU as often as possible. It is your choice to make the game a chore, and I have 0% sympathy or empathy for you, because the vast majority who don't play like that are doing just fine.

This is not a question of "I want it now", this is I want it in a reasonable time frame. You have to do about 50 space queues or 100 elite ground queues for 1 spec point if your not doing argala. That is absolutely absurd. Argala was a miserable grind but at least it paid you fairly for your time spent there.

If they were to couple the argala nerf with an increase of 7-10x the XP given by PvE queued events you wouldn't hear nearly so much complaining. Then we could actually play the game and level at a reasonable rate. Something like 15 advanced queues or 10 elite queues per spec point, that wouldn't be so bad. Something like that might actually get people to play all the dead queues in this game. But no they won't do that, that might actually make there player base happy, they will just nerf nerf nerf.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Something tells me you're going to be waiting a long time for those buffs. It's nerfs and "fixes" first, and buffs and actual fixes...eventually.

Heh, actually, they're in for battlezones. Dyson dailies reward 860 and capturing a point gives 375 skill points now. Also, the dilithium numbers are all strange, so I'm not sure if that's an intentional reduction, or something funky going on (I'd rather assume the latter than panic, just how I am), since none of this stuff was actually mentioned in the notes. Have a feeling it may have gotten pushed out to us sooner than intended.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Out of curiosity, did you have a look at Suppression Barrage III yet? It doesn't apply the accuracy debuff, and I'm starting to think the -50% outgoing damage doesn't work as well.

Please take a look into it. It seemed to work just fine before this week's patch.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    You should have complained when they were doing the change. The dev wouldn't budge. We all asked him to give them a [CHANCE]x3 so they stayed at 10% and he ignored us because of the whole base damage boost argument. Another nice weapon ruined. That being said, if you have the weapons at mk XIV epic currently, just never ever put it in the upgrade screen and you'll keep the good old 10% proc.

Seems the only good shield drain in the whole game is Tachyon Beam now. All Tetryon procs have and always will be garbage.
    The 10% proc was broken as is really 0.1%. Technically its not been ruined as it never worked.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Neutronic Torpedo damage has been nerfed by over 40% was the damage meant to be nerfed that much? My Torpedo spread 3 Volley damage has dropped from over 60k to 36k a pretty large drop and not that much better then Quantum torpedo's now.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    The Neutronic Torpedo damage has been nerfed by over 40% was the damage meant to be nerfed that much? My Torpedo spread 3 Volley damage has dropped from over 60k to 36k a pretty large drop and not that much better then Quantum torpedo's now.
    In the end, the following adjustments are being made:

Torpedo Spread:
    - Torpedo Spread 1 = Base Damage increased by ~42% per Torpedo
    - Torpedo Spread 2 = Base Damage reduced by ~17% per Torpedo
    - Torpedo Spread 3 = Base Damage reduced by ~36% per Torpedo
    - Number of torpedoes and damage of Radiation AOE remain unchanged

It brings it in line with the 170% - 200% - 230% buff from TS1/2/3. Neut TS was doing 120% (-50% below), 240% (+40% above), 360% (+130% above).

The Neutronic should still hit harder than a Quantum, with the Neutronic's 1830 base vs. 1503 of the Quantum...

...as well as the Rad damage and working in the -pwr/transfer.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It brings it in line with the 170% - 200% - 230% buff from TS1/2/3. Neut TS was doing 120% (-50% below), 240% (+40% above), 360% (+130% above).

The Neutronic should still hit harder than a Quantum, with the Neutronic's 1830 base vs. 1503 of the Quantum...

...as well as the Rad damage and working in the -pwr/transfer.

TS has never been a flat out 170% - 200% - 230% buff it’s always been different for different torpedoes. It feels like only the good torpedo's get nerfed while the rubbish torpedo's are left under powered.

I just feel a 40%+ damage nerf is a bit on the large size. It wouldn’t be so bad if the weapon fire order wasn’t broken as then you could have Neutronic making use of the torpedo spread. Now Neutronic isn’t worth using by itself and you can no longer have it as the auto fire choice for torpedo spread when you have quantum torpedo fitted.

The damage nerf with the weapon fire order being broken has made Neutronic feel like a giant waste of time and resources getting it and upgradeing it

EDIT: Speaking of which. Devs we can no longer choose which order our weapons fire in. This has broken my setups badly. After 5 years of the feature working we suddenly have random order of weapons firing. I really, really hope this is a bug and not a design move.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    TS has never been a flat out 170% - 200% - 230% buff it’s always been different for different torpedoes. It feels like only the good torpedo's get nerfed while the rubbish torpedo's are left under powered.

I just feel a 40%+ damage nerf is a bit on the large size. It wouldn’t be so bad if the weapon fire order wasn’t broken as then you could have Neutronic making use of the torpedo spread. Now Neutronic isn’t worth using by itself and you can no longer have it as the auto fire choice for torpedo spread when you have quantum torpedo fitted.

The damage nerf with the weapon fire order being broken has made Neutronic feel like a giant waste of time and resources getting it and upgradeing it

I'm still trying to get them to buff Chrons/Trans/Elachi to that 170% - 200% - 230%. Quantum, Photon, and Plasma were already there.

The firing order thing has always been a PITA, imho - something I've argued with folks about forever. The only way I've gotten it to work was by doing a two way keybind on it.

Torp 3 - Torp 2 - Torp 1 - Torp 1 - Torp 2 - Torp 3

It looked like they had also fixed the alphabetical thing with HY/TS (where it would do HY first regardless of what you activated first, meaning you could never TS->HY, it would always HY->TS)...but then I noticed it going alphabetical again.

Work in how the random HY1 from CF is not supposed to take precedence...but appears to do so...expecting that TS3 to fire and it's a HY1 instead...meh.

But the Neut with TS2/TS3 was obviously broken from the start...took a moment longer to realize how TS1 was broken the other way. It's still going to be the spike torp...it's just not going to make every other torp look so completely pathetic by comparison.

If folks feel that Neut needs to be tweaked up, though, my suggestion would be to suggest that Cryptic address it at the base (changing the 1830) rather than messing around with any of the buffs (cause a buff's neutral and should remain so, imho).
    EDIT: Speaking of which. Devs we can no longer choose which order our weapons fire in. This has broken my setups badly. After 5 years of the feature working we suddenly have random order of weapons firing. I really, really hope this is a bug and not a design move.

You added that in, even though I mentioned it a bit in relation to where you'd mentioned it...

But I've never been able to do that consistently. There are folks that swore by the placement of them, swore by this, or swore by that...but none of it worked consistently for me. I could change maps - log in the next day - all sorts of things, and it would totally TRIBBLE over my firing order which really slaughtered my builds back when I flew an all torp build (4 fore/3 aft) and neither my fore nor aft would fire right - would have to try to get it set and keep my fingers crossed if I hit up a STF so that it wouldn't tank during the zone. Somebody recommended setting up that reverse/forward keybind and that was the only thing that guaranteed them working in order (taking into account CDs).

edit: Getting back to the Neut vs. Quantum...ignoring the Rad/pwr/transfer aspect, we can look at just the TS buff vs. base - because any boosts would be percentage boosts that would affect both the same. Want to add 2.5x from boosts, just multiply both by it, etc, etc, etc.

Standard: 1503
    TS1: 2555.1
    TS2: 3006
    TS3: 3456.9

Standard: 1830
    TS1: 2196
    TS2: 4392
    TS3: 6588

Was what was taking place...and it should look like the following now:

Standard: 1503
    TS1: 2555.1
    TS2: 3006
    TS3: 3456.9

Standard: 1830
    TS1: 3111
    TS2: 3660
    TS3: 4209

And don't forget to add in the Rad/pwr/transfer...
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Dude what the hell are you talking about?
    The torpedo was broken, overly broken, outperformed every other torp in game, and in PvP it was guaranteed oneshot with Spread 3.

Now you're bragging that it's being equalized to the other ones.
    It sounds like you're crying because the days of glory of your autofiring torpedo are over.
  • Options
    sheres24sheres24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BEST PATCH I SEE <3

WAS LIKE EYEORGASM <3

Please more Criptic/Pwe <3

Now it makes more fun to play PvP again with such changes <3
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    .If folks feel that Neut needs to be tweaked up, though, my suggestion would be to suggest that Cryptic address it at the base (changing the 1830) rather than messing around with any of the buffs (cause a buff's neutral and should remain so, imho).
    Originally the base damage was higher but it got nerfed due to torpedo spread being so powerful. I wonder if the devs remembered they nerfed the base damage and could re think about putting it back now torpdeo spread has been changed?

As for weapon fire order for me that fire order worked 100% until the DR expansion came out. To set the order I right clicked to set auto fire and the weapons would fire in the order I clicked and placed the green bars. 99% of the time I would click the front weapons so it fired left to right. Then the first torp spread or beam overload would always be the first weapon I set to green.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As for weapon fire order for me that fire order worked 100% until the DR expansion came out. To set the order I right clicked to set auto fire and the weapons would fire in the order I clicked and placed the green bars. 99% of the time I would click the front weapons so it fired left to right. Then the first torp spread or beam overload would always be the first weapon I set to green.

It was always a pita for me. :(

Sometimes slotting worked.
    Sometimes right-clicking worked.
    Sometimes slotting and then right-clicking worked.
    But even if I got it working, it could change while zoning or need to be reset again the next time I logged in.

Meh, it was a "loadout issue" before loadouts...meh.

Really wish they could just code a guaranteed way to guarantee (outside of CDs) a firing order.

edit: Man, I'd forgotten how much I used to ***** about that...it frustrated the Hell out of me on my original Willard the Rat in his T'varo before I got the keybind help. :(

Working in the need to work around the alphabetical thing with HY/TS...it was a massive pita, when I wanted to HY X, TS Y, HY Z - instead getting HY Z, TS Y, HY X...totally screwed up the intended impacts based on effect, speed, etc. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dude what the hell are you talking about?
    The torpedo was broken, overly broken, outperformed every other torp in game, and in PvP it was guaranteed oneshot with Spread 3.

Now you're bragging that it's being equalized to the other ones.
    It sounds like you're crying because the days of glory of your autofiring torpedo are over.
    What bragging are you on about? There was no bragging. Yes I agree the torpedo was broken and did to much damage. I just think cutting the damage almost in half was a bit too large of a nerf. It did need a nerf but did it need its damage cut almost in half?

There was two bugs both have been fixed and now the damage has gone down around 70%. We no longer apply -50 hull resistance which amplified the torpedo spread bug.

“It sounds like you're crying because the days of glory of your autofiring torpedo are over.”
    My problem is I can no longer choose the order my weapons fire in. I can no longer choose which torpedo makes use of torpedo spread due to a bug that appeared in the DR expansion.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    What bragging are you on about? There was no bragging. Yes I agree the torpedo was broken and did to much damage. I just think cutting the damage almost in half was a bit too large of a nerf. It did need a nerf but did it need its damage cut almost in half?

“It sounds like you're crying because the days of glory of your autofiring torpedo are over.”
    My problem is I can no longer choose the order my weapons fire in. I can no longer choose which torpedo makes use of torpedo spread due to a bug that appeared in the DR expansion.

If it was necessary? Of course it was. Look at virusdancer's numbers, they're true.

Cutting the damage in half still kept it slightly better than Quantum torpedoes. Gosh, the above confirmed what I thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If it was necessary? Of course it was. look at virusdancer's numbers, they're true.

Cutting the damage in half still kept it slightly better than Quantum torpedoes, definitely it did.

But they didn't just cut the damage in half they changed all the other things like -50 resistance per shot to -5 resistance. That has turned torpedo boats from decently powerful to massively underperforming. It might be slightly better than Quantum sbut due to the fire order bug I cannot fire it with torpedo spread over Quantum .
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    But they didn't just cut the damage in half they changed all the other things like -50 resistance per shot to -5 resistance. That has turned torpedo boats from decently powerful to massively underperforming.

Or more likely you don't know how to build one.

ffs, all they did was adjusting the variables to make the Neutronic work like every other torpedo (even if Chroniton and Transphasics are excluded). Did you happen to do PvP to see it by yourself or you need a drawing of what Neutronic was capable of doing to a player ship?

If you do only PvE, which is what I think right now, you can't understand what I was talking about earlier. If you tried PvP in DR, then you'd agree with the nerf day and night. Which option do you pick? Because in both cases you're the one who's wrong.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, so wholesale xp and dil changes on tribble with this patch?

Do you people factor in the fact tribble is on a permanent 'Double xp event' setting? Or did they turn this off now?

Damn, I don't like those changes, will have to check it out... so little time.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    But they didn't just cut the damage in half they changed all the other things like -50 resistance per shot to -5 resistance. That has turned torpedo boats from decently powerful to massively underperforming.

EAP doing -50 DRR instead of -5 DRR was a bug though as well.

Though it requires Energy Weapons, Command with Expose II (2%), Violent II...that's going to be -100 Kinetic DRR there. Against a NPC with a base DR of 0%, that's a +92.3% increase in hull damage outside of additional debuffs. The Tachyon Charge also does its shield hit, which can help in getting more damage to the hull. Achilles' Heel III can add another -25 DRR for 10s, talking you to +111.3% damage. So working in various Turrets, working in the buff to Tachyon Beam, etc...even if it's a case of skipping Kinetic Precision, not having Intense Focus, or somebody else dropping out Intelligence Team...getting some Kinetic Shearing...wheee!

They need to fix CF2 though...can't remember if CF3 is broken too.

There's also going to be the Vaad weapons, 2.5% for -10% Shield Hardness for Energy, -50% Shield Hardness for Kinetic.

Have somebody with Intel seats dropping out EMP and Ionic...

...and there are just so many things to make torps - wheee!

edit: I'm mad haxin' with a Ferengi Rapid Fire Missile. Don't tell Cryptic! ;)

2.5s recharge, VR PWO for 1.5s, sufficient energy APS for Tachyon Charges - where did that shield facing go? Unload the real torps.
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, so wholesale xp and dil changes on tribble with this patch?

Do you people factor in the fact tribble is on a permanent 'Double xp event' setting? Or did they turn this off now?

Damn, I don't like those changes, will have to check it out... so little time.

Take a look on Holo at various Dil rewards from the last patch. :(

pottsey5g's one of the few folks that I'd direct folks to if they've got Projectile questions.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

ffs, all they did was adjusting the variables to make the Neutronic work like every other torpedo (even if Chroniton and Transphasics are excluded). Did you happen to do PvP to see it by yourself or you need a drawing of what Neutronic was capable of doing to a player ship?

If you do only PvE, which is what I think right now, you can't understand what I was talking about earlier. If you tried PvP in DR, then you'd agree with the nerf day and night. Which option do you pick? Because in both cases you're the one who's wrong.
    That’s a load of rubbish I know precisely how to build torpedo boats. You are wrong they didn’t just adjust the variables to make the Neutronic work like every other torpedo. They also reduced the amour pen trait by a factor of 10. The PvP problem was more to do with the armor penetration bug then the Neutronic damage bug. When you combine the changes together the damage reduction goes way to far.

Let me break it down. They cut the torpedo spread almost in half. Then they reduced the hull damage by a further 45% so almost half again. That's a 70% damage reduction or around 1/4 the damage it used to do.

“If you tried PvP in DR, then you'd agree with the nerf day and night. Which option do you pick? Because in both cases you're the one who's wrong.”
    Yes I tried PvP in DR and I don’t agree as the nerf has gone too far. Yes it needed nerfing. No it did not need an effective 75% damage reduction.

Energy boats are now doing over triple the damage of torpedoed boats. At the high end the difference is even worse.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The armor penetration issue was a part of the issue. the radiation damage hit before the torpedo, Eventually killing the shield facing to let the neutronic cripple. Nerf didn't go too far, as it's still going to be the most powerful torpedo ingame.