test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UI lag still existing

2»

Comments

• darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    About the only thing that I can do now without having any issues is crafting stuff. But that has gotten boring fast and there is no reason to craft anything because whether I want to use the item or sell it it is pointless as there is nothing else to do.
    All of the fun has gone with these bugs/glitches. Can't even transition from the Sol system to Sirius Sector without having my boff stations emptied, can't tell if my skills are activating or not, multiple deaths on maps that I used to be able to do and only die maybe 1 time if at all, LAG etc etc...

There is far more bad in the game than good these days.
    The people responsible for the state of the game these days should be ashamed. Stop changing things that do not need to be changed, like artwork :rolleyes: , and fix the dang game! Please!
  • derandal85derandal85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I open my launcher it just says loading, please wait. well I've wait for more than 20 minutes and nothing happens. I've been dealing with this issue since the last update. Can anyone help me?
  • ksobananaksobanana Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xdotsx wrote: »
    It's called bad programming if your gfx card is capable of rendering beautiful 3D landscapes and enemies and whatnot in every other game, but has troubles displaying your 30 icons in STO.

... That honestly happens because instead of putting the UI running on the Graphical pipeline as its supposed to be, its being rendered on the CPU. With all honesty, drawing stuff on the CPU has ended a long time ago... a LONG time ago.

This issue with the UI isn't because of any new icons. The fellow players that are saying that are ignorants, at best. An icon is nothing more than a drawing. Drawings don't lag. This issue is pure bad programming of them trying to cut stuff from an OLD UI, OLD UI (said it twice to mark its importance) instead of just making a new one from scratch...

!!!MAKE A NEW ONE FROM SCRATCH AND STOP TRYING TO ADAPT OLD TECH, CRYPTIC!!!

... Now that ^this^ is out, its probably best to stop with the stupid fashion for a month or two and just make a new UI from scratch. You'll be able to fix all issues in one go if you just do that.

... zomfgthxvmNEXT!
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks like this finally made it to the known issues of the Tribble release notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1382681

Hopefully this means a fix will be incoming soon, since UI lag makes the game pretty unplayable.

I've been running queued missions at a rate of about once per week, thanks to this and the boffs clearing bug. I've essentially been flying around boffless doing maintenance content for a game I don't actually play. It'd be nice to have a reason to open my Samsars, Manasa, and Astika.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have this bug too... :(
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    from the reaction that Geko made on a certain podcast , they dont even seem to acknowledge that there is a UI lag issue . but this to me should be a priority in bug fix seeing it really effects the fundamental game play .

when you cant determine if you clicked a power or how long you have to use it again or have the tray blackout making it look like your disabled when not . this really needs to be addressed .
  • snowpig74snowpig74 Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They are not the first company losing customers on showstopper-bugs and wont be the last.

an unresponsible UI is a showstopper.
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The UI lag is so bad that even switching tray number is delayed. I was really surprised by this having been away from game for a couple of months.

I think this is a separate but related issue. And it's not delayed; switching the tray number changes the contents of the tray to the tray you switched to, but the number will not update until you mouse over the tray. And sometimes the tray displays both abilities that are in the tray and abilities from the one you switched from, and again it won't refresh to its correct state without a mouse over.

I reported this problem a while ago. Add it to the growing list of absurd bugs that Cryptic won't/can't fix and for some reason will barely discuss as they plow full speed ahead into season 10.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, for me it seems to have gotten worse over time, instead of better like the supposed fix was for.

Requires me some 5-10 clicks on a single skill, just to get it to actually activate, yet using a keybind activates it very quickly so, I would most definitely say it is a UI interaction issue.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just coming in here to complain about the UI lag too.

Super frustrating. Sometimes my icons are greyed out when they shouldn't be and lit up when they shouldn't be. Then I use a skill and...nothing happens. Have to press it a few times to get it to fire off. Bleh.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter