test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UI lag still existing

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Idk what you patched guys, but i'm experiencing the same exact problems as before. The UI is still lagging as described in old threads, the animation of cd timers on the power tray is still lagging and the animation of icons on the ui power tray after the actual activation (through binds or clicking) has a visible delay, just like before.
That's what i'm seeing right now, please reply here if you are experiencing the same or not.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am as well. I was real excited to see this in the patch notes today, but it appears they didn't fix it at all.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • ujam1ujam1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Absolutely no change!
    Very sad I am!
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
    FED: Special Circumstances, Raumpatroullie Elysion, Naeramarth
    KDF: Special Circumstances KDF
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, got the same problems as well. Any Moderator could merge these two threads (or delete mine), since it is in General Discussions anyways.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1375141
  • xdotsxxdotsx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In this current state, with the UI giving visual feedback once every second or so, it's almost impossible to time my abilities, making my build pretty ineffective.

I guess it's more important for some Kobali uniform to look right, instead of fixing the actual game.
  • warpfactorwarpfactor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My entire action bar goes on cooldown every time there's a notification (loot, skill gain, dialog, etc.). It's awesome.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mines fixed except for one problem takes me 6 clicks for any of my beam overload skills to even activate for use AT ALL lol

• nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yep, still huge delays between clicks/buttons and actual activation
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep, I saw no change with the patch. Icon animations are still lagging by a couple seconds. This really isn't acceptable... I can't see what abilities I'm activating/weapons firing in real time.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Similar here. Slightly better in situations with a single NPC, but woeful lag in button graphics in multiple NPC battles.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here … nothing changed and, on top of that, I have had the laggiest ISA I can remember and even Argala was lagging.
    Who gives a **** about uniforms ? This is Star Trek online and the fashion MMO is over there !
    So, now tell me, Cryptic , why should I buy your new shiny ships if I can't even play and enjoy them with this ****ing UI lag ????
    P58WJe7.jpg

• orionexplosionorionexplosion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Count me in. The lag is still there.
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Strange, now sometimes the tray works "as expected", and sometimes it's just the same lag that came with anniversary patch, affects both space and ground. I can't seem to find a pattern.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    thehatch wrote: »
    Strange, now sometimes the tray works "as expected", and sometimes it's just the same lag that came with anniversary patch, affects both space and ground. I can't seem to find a pattern.

Would you say that the pattern is.. Cryptic? *pinky to mouth*
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    my UI worked great for a few min then went back to the laggy weirdness it was before the patch
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any news about the problem? We are still lagging like... nah, i won't say like what, because it's horrible this UI delay and cd animation lag :(
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    warpfactor wrote: »
    My entire action bar goes on cooldown every time there's a notification (loot, skill gain, dialog, etc.). It's awesome.

I started getting this earlier today, it's crippling.

Every other second in battle every skill in my tray goes black for 1-2 seconds and cannot be used.

On top of that, I also have the UI Lag. I have no lag in game, no rubber banding, no connection or loading issues, but the UI is making my life hell.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bring the old powers icons back = end of the UI lag ... that simple
    P58WJe7.jpg

• krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The UI lag is atrocious.. In ISA go to attack the second cube and hit my primary power up, EPtW, weps and aux battery, overload 1, TT, APB and surgical strike... all on a macro.... takes nearly 7 seconds to activate just the battery and throws the macro out....
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the icons aren't responsible. the lag happens because they decided to recode the ui system to reduce fps loss from it.

something about the ui refreshing 60 times per second times active icons, so if you had like 20 icons on your ui, that's 60*20 refreshes per second. your cpu reloads the same thing some 1200 times per second.

fps improved, but they didn't quite get the new refresh system working.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arrmateys wrote: »
    the icons aren't responsible. the lag happens because they decided to recode the ui system to reduce fps loss from it.

something about the ui refreshing 60 times per second times active icons, so if you had like 20 icons on your ui, that's 60*20 refreshes per second. your cpu reloads the same thing some 1200 times per second.

fps improved, but they didn't quite get the new refresh system working.

can we break this down.....

Do you know of any other game that has FPS issues due to freaking ICONS? I mean in WoW I have to have 50 trays open with a bazillion icons.

Not only do that they try and fix a problem I have never really seen anywhere else, they make it WORSE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    It's called bad programming if your gfx card is capable of rendering beautiful 3D landscapes and enemies and whatnot in every other game, but has troubles displaying your 30 icons in STO.
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    krilldarn wrote: »
    The UI lag is atrocious.. In ISA go to attack the second cube and hit my primary power up, EPtW, weps and aux battery, overload 1, TT, APB and surgical strike... all on a macro.... takes nearly 7 seconds to activate just the battery and throws the macro out....

Now wait a minute, if macro hoes are having this many issues, this might be a quality of life improvement. I am willing to deal with the UI lag if it breaks all macros.

Cirran
  • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I don't know why we have to have 3 full rows of stuff. They should start thinking about merging abilities together as there is little to no skill in being a click monkey. It's not needed.

Also, they might want to think about making some abilities toggle on/off. Example: cruiser commands; they don't lag the UI, right? Why not make more of those for captain abilities to retire some click abilities that were like it.
    -Makbure
  • kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm starting to think this is directly related to the Gameclient crashes people are having. Both issues started at the same time (not just for me, but for lots of folks) and neither has been resolved.

I've basically stopped playing until this is fixed, I can't do anything other than the minigames and doffing until they are.
    edited February 2015
    Release notes don't mention this bug, so it's probably not fixed and also not listed in the known bugs section.

Maybe I'll give em another week or so before I uninstall the game. It's absolutely enough now.