test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, why are you taking so much from us?

13»

Comments

• Options
    bcwhguderian1941bcwhguderian1941 Member Posts: 804 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The OP seems to have the same issues we see in the Forum time, and time again. :rolleyes:

Some folks seem to have no clue to what a buisness is. They offer a service that is supposed
    to provide enjoyment for thier customers. This comes at a price the leaders of the buisness
    calculate that the customers will bear. Thats it ! ;)

If you feel you can no longer bear it, then you have a decision to make. You're the only one
    who can make it. Your post paints the picture of a very unhappy customer. You know what
    you need to do, for your own sake, if nothing else. :o

Us "White Knights" seem to be relatively happy customers, to the chagrin of some. Sorry, for
    now, I'll be enjoying the absolutley "Free" STO experience. I wish you could join me.

BCW. :)
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was beginning to wonder when these threads would return.

Seriously if you're still playing you're part of the problem not the solution. Get off this game and vote with your wallet. They aren't listening to the forums they will listen to your missing cash however and your missing game time! Once enough people do this this game will change!

I *AM* voting with my wallet! I haven't spent one single penny buying Zen in over a year. Anything I buy in the game now is from grinding (despite Cryptic's attempt to TRIBBLE people from even doing that, such as no longer allowing +50% Dil from Rep Mark turn-ins during the last week).
    The OP seems to have the same issues we see in the Forum time, and time again. :rolleyes:

Some folks seem to have no clue to what a buisness is. They offer a service that is supposed
    to provide enjoyment for thier customers. This comes at a price the leaders of the buisness
    calculate that the customers will bear. Thats it ! ;)

If you feel you can no longer bear it, then you have a decision to make. You're the only one
    who can make it. Your post paints the picture of a very unhappy customer. You know what
    you need to do, for your own sake, if nothing else. :o

Us "White Knights" seem to be relatively happy customers, to the chagrin of some. Sorry, for
    now, I'll be enjoying the absolutley "Free" STO experience. I wish you could join me.

BCW. :)

Geko still won't go to bed with you.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coors3 wrote: »
    Except these are no longer micro transactions. $120 or there abouts seems more like a macro transaction. They are far beyond the $5 horse armor skins of other games. Gotta get back to the dilithium grind to pay for some stuff. :D

It never felt like "micro-transactions" to me, even with it was just a 20 $ ship or whatever.

But the game is F2P. That means people can get access to pretty much everything the game (but when it comes to items, not everythnig at the same time) without ever paying anything.

But someone has to pay for the game. And that's the few that are willing to spend 120 $ on a bunch of ships.

Is it fair?

I don't know. The alternative model to F2P has always been subscription based games. But the subscription always provided a barrier to entry - people had to be really certain they wanted to play the game to spend a monthly fee. And if they didn't - the game was emptier for it. ANd that meant people that were spending money might consider that there isn't enough "MM" in their "MMO", and stop subscribing, too. And so the game dies. The few people that really wanted to play the game could do nothing about it - they could only keep subscribing and hope that the money that would come out ofit would suffice to keep the game running and content being made.

Now people can support a game as much as they want - that means they can spend more than just a subscription. And people that don't care that much that they would spend money on it (or don't have that much) can still play the game, and be part of the "MM" that makes the MMO. The game doesn't have to fear of being too empty of players so that more players leave.

But of course - someone still has to pay for the game. And "Micro" is apparently not doing it so well...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mhirtesc wrote: »
    Every company deserves to make some money, but they WAY they are trying to make their money has been very disrespectful towards the players and in some cases it's been downright extortionist (like having to spend Dil to craft manuals to get back the BOFF skills your crew already had just the day before).

^^ Exactly this!

In a recent podcast, Geko said he wants us to spend RL money on Dilithium, to keep the lights on. Except, people forget, the lights were *already* on, prior to DR and its tenfold monetization of everything.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you don't want something that Cryptic/PWE is offering or giving away, then don't take it.

Nobody is going to take away anything you already have.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22