test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, why are you taking so much from us?

seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
Can hardly keep myself logged in today because of all the offensive money grab stuff lately hidden behind comments of "free" stuff, and half ***ed "Thank yous". Just have to ask why you're squeezing us so hard lately?

In addition to the fact that it cost some of us 15000z to get the ops pack, which is way overpriced since the only additional benefit that came from it was a couple of tech upgrades that are a drop in the bucket in terms of how many even a single loadout will need to get to mk14, and the boffs are rather obsolete now since we can train any boff in the same skills, and purchase boffs with the same traits for ec. Then you make the command pack cheaper but give them 11 consoles, So we'll basically have to buy the fleet ship modules here soon just to make one "T6" ship equal to another.

Then you revamp R&D and introduce mk13/14, which is controversial. Sure it added a new level of play expected along with the level cap raise but on the other side, the sheer volume of dil it consumes trying to get even a few toon to mk14, let alone rarity upgrades, just bleeds dilithium out of many players.

Then you attach boff training to dilithium. Really? Was that necessary? You get us all excited to find out we're finally getting a proper training system to where we don't have to give expensive/rare boffs to other players for training and hope we get them back, then you attach that to dilithium (albeit a small amount) like a slap in the face.

Then you take away our rep system mark dil bonuses. Didn't give anyone forewarning ahead of time, even tho your posts about it say you're well aware that people have been saving marks and items to turn in for a long time, you just pulled it right out from under us, and even screwed up the initial details by leaving us to believe we'd still receive the normal bonuses that we have in the past.

Then you dump more "Free ships" on us, because we get excited and enjoy some new material only this time we're not allowed to claim a 2nd box so we can trash the first ship to save a ship slot and keep a boxed version. Yet another thing you just took away from us like it was nothing. I mean could you be anymore heartless and obvious about the money grab there? Free ship my ***. You guys make it all sound so pretty in Trendy's posts about them, and how its intended to be a "thank you for your business" from Cryptic to the players but it's really about clogging up our ship slots with ships that cannot be reclaimed so that we buy more zen to compensate. Worst part is the fact that unlocking new ship slots works per toon, not account, and while 500zen wouldn't take too long to get via Dil refinement, it's yet another thing that requires dil and takes away from actual gameplay.

The amount of dil production you've taken from us in the last few months, coupled with how much zen dollars you're trying to milk from us is starting to get pretty offensive. Is this going to keep up? How many more ways are you going to invent to take things from us or squeeze us for money? Many of us pay money for subs, many of us pay money to buy zen directly, are you really so ungrateful you just have to keep taking more? When will it stop? How much more zen do we have to buy to simply USE these "free ships"?

Worst part is i'm sure you'll never read this post, you'll never say sorry we've squeezed you so much, and the one "thank you" we get is in the form of another manipulative money grab to buy ship slots. Thanks alot cryptic, pretty saddening to be treated like nothing more than a wallet.
Post edited by seifer1701 on

Comments

• Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *enter white knights*
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seifer1701 wrote: »
    Snip...

First up, you're confusing alot of wants, with needs...

Beyond that, I'm not even gonna bother addressing yet another entitled rant...
    aoax10 wrote: »
    *enter white knights*

Enter typically useless comments from the peanut gallery...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,539 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, complaining about free T6 ships using up your ship slots, that's a good one.
  • Options
    matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Weird! I logged on today and played some missions and nothing was taken from me! :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The OP pack is overpriced? Um, that's only the appearance of it...

The cost of each ship contained in that pack separately? 27000 Zen (3000 for nine ships), and that's only ships, so the final figure is considerably closer to 30000. With the pack, you can all get all nine ships and more for around half the price of purchasing all of them one-by-one

^Applies to the Legacy of Romulus packs as well overall, cost-wise
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, complaining about free T6 ships using up your ship slots, that's a good one.

It is impressive the way they'll find some way of turning a positive into a negative. Mind you, he does have a (small) point about only being able to claim the one box, I would like to keep a spare for posterity (And stupidity, I may one day accidentally delete it, or lose the warp core/singularity).
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Really guys? am I so far off the mark? I"m not ranting i'm just saddened. The direction they're going lately is just take take take. Tell me I'm wrong about free ships being used to force players into buying ship slots. If that weren't true they wouldn't have taken the option away to buy a 2nd to keep in inventory.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1374751

Obviously i'm not the only one who thinks they're just taking advantage of players lately.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    trek21 wrote: »
    The OP pack is overpriced? Um, that's only the appearance of it...

The cost of each ship contained in that pack separately? 27000 Zen (3000 for nine ships), and that's only ships, so the final figure is considerably closer to 30000. With the pack, you can all get all nine ships and more for around half the price of purchasing all of them one-by-one

^Applies to the Legacy of Romulus packs as well overall, cost-wise

And that's just silly, of course we're meant to buy the full pack, if anyone plans to play more than a fed toon it only makes sense to buy the full pack. While I'm sure it's nice for some people who don't want the whole pack, buying just the fed side for example puts a higher zen vs reward ratio on them.
    So no it's not the "appearance of it" it's the fact that it cost considerably more than the command ships, and the "extra benefits" that were in the ops pack have been made obsolete already like the boffs.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    While I agree that the monetizing is becoming more and more invasive, what exactly do you expect? Micro transactions are needed to keep the game going.

PWE/Cryptic is only going to get as much money from you as you want to give them.

yes that much I understand, adding new premium content to drive sales is a part of any f2p, and even some sub games. What I'm talking about is how much more dil grind they've added to the game, on top of them lowering dil payout on missions, on top of taking away said dil bonuses without warning or proper explanation, on top of the "thank you stuff" isn't really a free thank you, if it was they'd make it reclaimable so we weren't forced into more zen to accommodate them.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    PWE/Cryptic is only going to get as much money from you as you want to give them.

This is the real problem, people who cannot disassociate their wants from their needs in many cases...
    yes that much I understand, adding new premium content to drive sales is a part of any f2p, and even some sub games. What I'm talking about is how much more dil grind they've added to the game, on top of them lowering dil payout on missions, on top of taking away said dil bonuses without warning or proper explanation, on top of the "thank you stuff" isn't really a free thank you, if it was they'd make it reclaimable so we weren't forced into more zen to accommodate them.

Have Cryptic forced you into paying? No? Then STO is still free, just not as free as you were accustomed... You're demanding they give you more content for free, and then complaining when they do...

A free T6, is a free T6... Be grateful and move on... If you're entire complaint is you need a new ship slot, don't use the new ship or get rid of an old one... It's really not a hard choice...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    This is the real problem, people who cannot disassociate their wants from their needs in many cases...

That's brilliant, what of any part of a video game pertains to a need? I don't "need" any of this, I enjoy playing a game, there fore I want to play more of the content.
    Weird! I logged on today and played some missions and nothing was taken from me! :confused::confused::confused:

And again... look closer, they took away the option to buy a 2nd ship from the events tab -today-
  • Options
    marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really guys? am I so far off the mark? I"m not ranting i'm just saddened. The direction they're going lately is just take take take. Tell me I'm wrong about free ships being used to force players into buying ship slots. If that weren't true they wouldn't have taken the option away to buy a 2nd to keep in inventory.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1374751

Obviously i'm not the only one who thinks they're just taking advantage of players lately.

So... You plan to play on it, but are upset that it's taking up a ship slot because you're not using it now and just want the warpcore right now? What's so special about the slot that it can't be occupied by the ship currently? Do you need a slot free or something? What's stopping you from dismissing some other ship you don't use?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Have Cryptic forced you into paying? No? Then STO is still free, just not as free as you were accustomed... You're demanding they give you more content for free, and then complaining when they do...

A free T6, is a free T6... Be grateful and move on... If you're entire complaint is you need a new ship slot, don't use the new ship or get rid of an old one... It's really not a hard choice...

Wow you're obviously paying attention here. I've made zero demands for more free anything. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that they've taken alot away while adding more dil grind, it's what this forum section is designed for. Discussion of gameplay, and I'm complaining that I have no more ships that can be deleted and reclaimed, and I should point out that was only one part of the complaint. It's the fact that they give us a ship knowing it will force players to dump old free ships or purchased one's OR we have to buy more ship slots. If they genuinely wanted to give something to the players as a thank you, then why can't it be reclaimed? why doesn't it come with a free ship slot, why did they take away the option to buy another in the boxed form?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So... You plan to play on it, but are upset that it's taking up a ship slot because you're not using it now and just want the warpcore right now? What's so special about the slot that it can't be occupied by the ship currently? Do you need a slot free or something? What's stopping you from dismissing some other ship you don't use?

And again, it's not about the free ship, it's about the fact that they've taken so much away from the game, at the same time that they're adding and even larger grind hill to get over to just continue on through some of the new content. Like the option to buy a 2nd ship for storage, or the rep system marks/dil bonus, attaching the boff training system we've been dying for to dil suddenly.

Edit: To answer your question, yes I've deleted as many ships as i can I cannot reclaim some of the winter event ships (though on a few toons I did purchase extras, so those can be deleted) And I would love to take advantage of the command pack eventually I just see it as more zen i have to spend to actually own/use the command pack. Not to mention when the ops pack ships roll out a fleet version, the plus side is it (unless they take it away too) will be discounted, but if i ever need to delete one of those to slot another ship i cannot reclaim it. It's just yes, they're useless, non-life-affecting game ships that don't really matter in the end, and it's a tough pill to swallow sometimes but I could just delete some and give up the option of enjoying them. But my point in the free ship part of the discussion is the fact that we have to delete ships. They recognize the necessity of being able to reclaim zen ships, so why haven't they applied that logic to the event ships? Even the free zen ships they just gave away are reclaimable. So i'm sorry guys if i'd just like the option of getting back into a ship I've already owned, on top of accepting the new ones they're so graciously giving away.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Wow you're obviously paying attention here. I've made zero demands for more free anything. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that they've taken alot away while adding more dil grind, it's what this forum section is designed for. Discussion of gameplay, and I'm complaining that I have no more ships that can be deleted and reclaimed, and I should point out that was only one part of the complaint. It's the fact that they give us a ship knowing it will force players to dump old free ships or purchased one's OR we have to buy more ship slots. If they genuinely wanted to give something to the players as a thank you, then why can't it be reclaimed? why doesn't it come with a free ship slot, why did they take away the option to buy another in the boxed form?

No, I understood perfectly... You were complaining that Cryptic have tightened the reigns on dilithium and so STO is not as free as it once was... Until such time as Cryptic remove the dilithium to Zen conversion, I'm gonna find it a bit rich for people to whinge over just how free the game is...

And you're still complaining you got something for free, but it wasn't (free) enough...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    No, I understood perfectly... You were complaining that Cryptic have tightened the reigns on dilithium and so STO is not as free as it once was... Until such time as Cryptic remove the dilithium to Zen conversion, I'm gonna find it a bit rich for people to whinge over just how free the game is...

And you're still complaining you got something for free, but it wasn't (free) enough...

free enough? so is it free or partly free? Are you really trying to argue that these free ships are meant to push people into buying more slots? And the fact that it's not account wide so you have to buy it multiple times. And if they hadn't added all the other dil grind stuff i mentioned, no you're right it wouldn't be a big deal to spend a couple weeks worth of dil to buy a ship slot account wide, but then we would have to cut ourselves off from the gameplay aspect of dil, buying rep/fleet gear, buying upgrade tokens or ship modules, upgrading gear to mk14 so we dont get chewed out for low dps in a conduit run. It's an overwhelming amount of dil lately and at least in my case, have been seeing the mountain of needed dil just piling up just so I can continue to play and advance in the game.

Wow amazing how this thread got all the people defending cryptic's money grabs while the others are full of people asking cryptic to ease off a bit. Guess some people can't handle feedback or real player/payer's concerns for the future.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    its easy to make hordes of dilithium now....just a different way from before

I can refine 100k dilithium per week with little effort 1 to 2 hours time per day but im a little slow about it too

XP is easy to make grinding argula with as mk12 free gear from the reps

720 dil reward from adv space stfs...............Why bother even doing one the reward is so low....The only reason to do space now is for fun

unless you grind out CCA or even CCn

4k dil reward dyson ground in 5 to 10 minutes without dino's

why get new ships costing 30 bucks ? to earn 720 dil a little faster ?

For a Noob to the game sure........ to a Vet...The Vet laff's
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    More importantly you guys seem to be missing the point. It's not one specific point or the other that matters, it's not the singular point of a free ship not being free to use in the end. It's the way Cryptic's mentality towards players and the game have changed lately. In the past this game had one ballance of "Free to play" vs premium content. Lately they've just taken more dil and other benefits away while piling on the need for more dil/zen.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    its easy to make hordes of dilithium now....just a different way from before

I can refine 100k dilithium per week with little effort 1 to 2 hours time per day but im a little slow about it too

XP is easy to make grinding argula with as mk12 free gear from the reps

720 dil reward from adv space stfs...............Why bother even doing one the reward is so low....The only reason to do space now is for fun

unless you grind out CCA or even CCn

4k dil reward dyson ground in 5 to 10 minutes without dino's

why get new ships costing 30 bucks ? to earn 720 dil a little faster ?

For a Noob to the game sure........ to a Vet...The Vet laff's

point taken, you're right there's some way to spend all day getting a decent amount of dil. but-
    First off don't confuse my recent joining of the forum with the fact i've been around in the game for over 3 years.
    2nd yeah you're right, there's some larger ways of piling on the dil ore, but the refinement hasn't changed.
    and 3rd, dude forgive me, but i'm so tired of spending all day in jurasic park just to keep a little dil going. That one i'm personally really burned out on, and c'mon, can you really blame me for that one? I've just been taking a break from dyson bz for a while, that's all.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    free enough? so is it free or partly free? Are you really trying to argue that these free ships are meant to push people into buying more slots? And the fact that it's not account wide so you have to buy it multiple times. And if they hadn't added all the other dil grind stuff i mentioned, no you're right it wouldn't be a big deal to spend a couple weeks worth of dil to buy a ship slot account wide, but then we would have to cut ourselves off from the gameplay aspect of dil, buying rep/fleet gear, buying upgrade tokens or ship modules, upgrading gear to mk14 so we dont get chewed out for low dps in a conduit run. It's an overwhelming amount of dil lately and at least in my case, have been seeing the mountain of needed dil just piling up just so I can continue to play and advance in the game.

Wow amazing how this thread got all the people defending cryptic's money grabs while the others are full of people asking cryptic to ease off a bit. Guess some people can't handle feedback or real player/payer's concerns for the future.

Once again... You make the same argument... STO is still a F2P game... You're complaining it's not free enough now that Cryptic as reigned in the amount of dilithium floating around in-game...

They are a business, they are in business to make money... If Cryptic does not make money, all this TRIBBLE you're whinging about is moot as it will not exist...

If you don't have room for the new ship, either delete another one, or don't bloody use it! It's not rocket science...

Not once... Not a single time has Cryptic forced you to buy anything... You are whinging that your access to dilithium has been restricted and that Cryptic have added new ways to spend your dilithium...

In other words, you are whinging that a free game is not a free enough because it is not as free as it was a few months ago - you actually have to work a bit harder, or wait a bit longer to get the new shineys now... Until such time as Cryptic remove the ability to convert dilithium into Zen, literally forcing players to then spend real money, STO is still free... Your complaints smack of an entitlement mentality...

And those other threads were either structured in such a manner that it was not an entitled rant, or they would have got similar replies...

• Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then you make the command pack cheaper but give them 11 consoles, So we'll basically have to buy the fleet ship modules here soon just to make one "T6" ship equal to another.

Ho. Ha. Dodge. Parry. Turn. Spin! Remember Daffy Duck as Robin Hood? And Friar Tuck was Porky Pig?

Everytime Daffy got to the "Spin!" Porky would twist him up with a little twig.

When these new Command Ships become Fleet Ships, they will have TWELVE Console Slots!!

Thas' right. Don ya tri en ketch em me lil fren. Yu'sa gonna be behind tha 8-ball all de time whahahhahahahaha!!!!!!

Ka-Ching! Next Customer! Step Right Up!!

:eek::eek::eek:
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Something's overpriced? Don't buy it.

Something free isn't worth the "grind"? Don't get it. It's not like you need it.

You can't stand the game? Find a better one. Lots of luck with that.

You want me to sympathize because you're not getting what you feel entitled to? Not happening.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Once again... You make the same argument... STO is still a F2P game... You're complaining it's not free enough now that Cryptic as reigned in the amount of dilithium floating around in-game...

They are a business, they are in business to make money... If Cryptic does not make money, all this TRIBBLE you're whinging about is moot as it will not exist...

If you don't have room for the new ship, either delete another one, or don't bloody use it! It's not rocket science...

Not once... Not a single time has Cryptic forced you to buy anything... You are whinging that your access to dilithium has been restricted and that Cryptic have added new ways to spend your dilithium...

In other words, you are whinging that a free game is not a free enough because it is not as free as it was a few months ago - you actually have to work a bit harder, or wait a bit longer to get the new shineys now... Until such time as Cryptic remove the ability to convert dilithium into Zen, literally forcing players to then spend real money, STO is still free... Your complaints smack of an entitlement mentality...

And those other threads were either structured in such a manner that it was not an entitled rant, or they would have got similar replies...

Again free ship.... thank you to the players.... any of that sinking in yet? Not much of a thanks if I have to pay to use it, or throw it out, or have to spend the next week grinding dil to take advantage of it, instead of playing the game for fun. The complaint is STILL not just about a ship but you seem to like to target that point. And yes I'm complaining about how much more GRINDING they have put on us to move forward. Not about how "free" the game is. Kinda kills the fun when all I can do lately is spend what time I can play rerunning dyson bz, killing 1-3 rexes and repeat. For me at least, they've taken the fun out of it, and turned my playstyle into a business of nothing but chasing dil in the same few ways.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Again free ship.... thank you to the players.... any of that sinking in yet? Not much of a thanks if I have to pay to use it, or throw it out, or have to spend the next week grinding dil to take advantage of it, instead of playing the game for fun. The complaint is STILL not just about a ship but you seem to like to target that point. And yes I'm complaining about how much more GRINDING they have put on us to move forward. Not about how "free" the game is. Kinda kills the fun when all I can do lately is spend what time I can play rerunning dyson bz, killing 1-3 rexes and repeat. For me at least, they've taken the fun out of it, and turned my playstyle into a business of nothing but chasing dil in the same few ways.

Are you really that frikken dense? You are still whinging you didn't get enough **** for free and expect anyone to agree with you?

You're like a kid on Christmas complaining he didn't get enough presents...

Cryptic did NOT have to give us a T6 ship for the anniversary... They could have gone and given us some new Doff, Boff or weapon etc... But no, they gave us a shiney new T6 Command Ship and you're still whinging it wasn't enough...

You're acting like a spoilt child right now...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    OK, I see the posts, that's fine. I was just hoping to get some kind of feedback from cryptic or to give them feedback that some of us are feeling a little squeezed lately. And there's a huge difference between a rant, and giving examples of the point i'm trying to make. I'm not complaining that stuff isn't free enough, I'm complaining that it's not what they manipulate people into thinking it will be, I'm complaining at how it was meant to be a free thing, for people to enjoy, but oops, gotta pay to play it or give up other projects just to earn save the dil to pay the zen to use it. I'm complaining how they're taking more and more away from us, again like reclaiming the same ship twice from the event, or like pulling dil from the stfs, multiple failed attempts to fix the same bugs. I'm complaining about how they're saping the fun out of playing while, what used to be, recieving dil for time played all around, they've lowered it and taken some away. And I'm not asking for anyone's pity.

The one thing i was curious about from other players is how they've been reacting to taking away so much dil lately, while piling on the need for it. guess I can surmise how you all feel about that. Sorry if i'm not prepared to spend my life in the same bz to keep a few toons full.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Are you really that frikken dense? You are still whinging you didn't get enough **** for free and expect anyone to agree with you?

You're like a kid on Christmas complaining he didn't get enough presents...

Cryptic did NOT have to give us a T6 ship for the anniversary... They could have gone and given us some new Doff, Boff or weapon etc... But no, they gave us a shiney new T6 Command Ship and you're still whinging it wasn't enough...

You're acting like a spoilt child right now...

Lol again... feedback, gameplay discussion, wasn't trying to insult people or get you all riled up yet, out you come from under the bridge. Guess we're not allowed to talk about some of us feel about the game huh? And you're right, they didn't have to give us anything, but a child given an xmas present isn't expected to pay to use it. nor are they expected to throw last years toy out. (granted there's a point where one has too many and would need to throw some out)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The one thing i was curious about from other players is how they've been reacting to taking away so much dil lately, while piling on the need for it. guess I can surmise how you all feel about that. Sorry if i'm not prepared to spend my life in the same bz to keep a few toons full.

You're thinking one dimensionally... The Dyson BZ is not the only way to gain dilithium, it just happens to be about the best singular return...

Doff missions (especially as KDF) and contraband hand-ins can cap your dilithium alone if lucky, but at the very least are a fantastic way to supplement dilithium income... With the current 50% bonus, I just collected 5.5k dilithium from Doff missions on Fed side...

Throw in an STF or two, not to mention the Lore questions at the Academy - which is virtually 480 dilithium for free each day and you've hit cap in no time...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    You're thinking one dimensionally... The Dyson BZ is not the only way to gain dilithium, it just happens to be about the best singular return...

Doff missions (especially as KDF) and contraband hand-ins can cap your dilithium alone if lucky, but at the very least are a fantastic way to supplement dilithium income... With the current 50% bonus, I just collected 5.5k dilithium from Doff missions on Fed side...

Throw in an STF or two, not to mention the Lore questions at the Academy - which is virtually 480 dilithium for free each day and you've hit cap in no time...

agreed, just someone made the BZ point earlier and I rolled with it. I'm just looking at my own gameplay lately and realizing how it's turned completely into worrying about dil to keep up with the new content, while they've taken so much of it away. This game has always been a ballance of free/premium but it sure seems like they've taken a lot of the free out and leaned heavily towards the premium lately.

Lol funny you should bring up the doff missions, yeah of course I do the kdf marauding thing. But personally the doff thing has been driving me nuts lately lol. Trying to keep certain R&D related doffs out of missions lately is becoming.. difficult. Almost like i have to learn them all by name these days.