test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is everyone and their command ships?

hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
This is very strange. I don't see many command ships flying around. This is against the laws of nature and the universe itself. There are new shiny toys out, but no one is flying them! WHERE ARE THEY!?

Am...Am I losing my mind? What is happening? :eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Romulan command ship is very very pretty and I does want it.

however its not an intelligence ship and I've actually grown rather fond of the intelligence warbirds, so I'm not going to fork over cash for something that would stay in mothballs
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The command ships are a major disappointment. 3000 zen for one. Far too much.
    Fed ships virtually look the same, and the KDF ones are pieces of junk. The romulan Deihu if i have the name right, looks ok but thats about it.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll be honest, I have no idea what other people are flying. I pay absolutely zero attention to other people.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've bought all of them that I will buy. None.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a cruiser with a semi-science seating. I need a science ship. I have the Breen carrier.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    vladdievladdie Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We are still at work or school.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Imho they released the command ships too soon. I still have not got my intel ship the way I want it. Right now I am using the Kobali ship to get the trait then I will go straight back to my intel on my fed and my prior ships on my KDF characters.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    It's a cruiser with a semi-science seating. I need a science ship. I have the Breen carrier.

The Samsar even has a lt cmdr sci seating. I don't see the upgrade, myself. :confused:
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,530 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Many people who have money get it from things called "jobs." I can post from work but not play STO.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel it unlikely I'll be buying any... I personally think Cryptic missed the mark on these ships...

They look pretty, but they really don't bring anything of significance over existing vessels, other than the Command station, which as far as I've seen, Command Space abilities are kinda 'meh' anyway...

I had considered the Romulan pack, primarily so that my Reman Sci can get a proper Science vessel with a cloak, but given it's only a Lt Cmdr Sci station, I might as well stick with a T5U Scimitar...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Soon they will be everywhere.

Look at the announcement on Facebook, all the comments are 'I'm getting one,' and 'I can't wait to buy these.'

Cryptic is going to clean up on these ships.

None of that money will come from me, but they won't care. Their business model continues to work just fine. Neglect the actual game, continually release new ships, back up a dump truck to collect all the money.

Same as it always has been.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Many people who have money get it from things called "jobs." I can post from work but not play STO.

Many people who have jobs have hours called "swing shifts." We don't work from 9am to 5pm. Be toxic logically. ;)
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, they're not exactly cheap either.
    Besides, I suspect many people want to "test the water" and take a peek at them and their performance from others that jumped and bought one immediately. Probably many players are waiting for Smirk's livestream tomorrow to take a good peak at them in some action before they make the final decision.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Used the Tactical variant for its Mastery Trait then claimed then decommissioned the other two variants for their consoles.

I will say this; I hope the Devs continue to provide actually useful bonuses for the console sets (such as Turning) in addition to whatever exclusive bonuses they come up with. The 4-piece is good enough to replace a standard RCS console without much loss in turn rate (and still turns faster than some older T5 cruisers).

That said, still not a fan of any of the lower hull designs (too Oberth Hull/Excelsior Bland styling for my tastes).

The ship more or less plays out as a miniature front-line fort. Get in and turtle; deploying all 3 console turrets and just watching those mines and turrets help you chew everything up. The shield healing turret pretty much acts like the Bio-Molecular Shield Active Trait, while the Tachyon turret helps strip shields to nothing (making way for the double weapons turrets and their mines). And if you somehow get too much aggro, pop that Kobali console and just re-armor. And pop overwhelm shields/emitters (the space ability) and regen your shield. Just be sure to Evasive Maneuver out if you literally sat in the middle of a large group of NPCs.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Many people who have jobs have hours called "swing shifts." We don't work from 9am to 5pm. Be toxic logically. ;)

I fail to see how pointing out the fact that at 1PM Pacific / 4PM Eastern, the vast majority of those in America would be at work or in school is "toxic", or even illogical.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually thought these ships would be very unpopular but logging on this afternoon I've seen quite a few flying around in sector space, I was quite surprised
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I will say this; I hope the Devs continue to provide actually useful bonuses for the console sets (such as Turning) in addition to whatever exclusive bonuses they come up with. The 4-piece is good enough to replace a standard RCS console without much loss in turn rate (and still turns faster than some older T5 cruisers).

That is the one bright spot from these ships. Adding consoles doesn't mean giving up precious space as before.

In the end I won't buy them because:
    1) They are cruisers, and I prefer pure science ship.
    2) The one science trait in there is not really useful for PvE and junk for the current "one hit kill" state of PvP

Other people won't buy them because:
    1) Intel abilities are so OP, why bother with command abilities?
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I fail to see how pointing out the fact that at 1PM Pacific / 4PM Eastern, the vast majority of those in America would be at work or in school is "toxic", or even illogical.

Might I point out that it's already night here in Europe.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I saw a handful of Romulan Command Ships in orbit over New Romulus, which isn't too surprising, but otherwise, yeah, when I was flying around doing the Omega daily, I don't think I saw a single Command ship. Might have a mistaken some of the Starfleet Command ships for other ship types, to be fair.

As people have said, however, it's still pretty early in the day for some people, and it's possible that other people are holding off until the early buyers have given them a proper shakedown cruise and reported back.

Still, I don't seem them being quite as popular as, say, the Intelligence ships, due to their more defensive/supportive nature as cruisers.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »

People who don't work standard hours are a minority and can be aggressively vocal about it.

I used to work nightshift but the only people that I'd tell about it were the cops that knocked on my door just about every Saturday morning asking if I heard any commotion in the apartment building during the night. If I was lucky I'd pass them in the hall as I was going to my apartment to save the dash to the door.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't seen any bar one Romulan ship in an STF today. Otherwise, not a single one after two plus hours of play. I'd give it to the weekend though. I expect the game will be swarming with a lot more by then.

Unless the vast majority were just unimpressed and passed.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I won't be buying one for two reasons:

1. Non-canon designs don't impress me, I like the ones from Star Citizen better. Offer updated canon designs and we'll talk.

2. They're tanking cruisers w/o the cruiser weapon eff. ability. What use do I have for such a creature?

3. Haven't checked after today's patch yet (patch notes did look good, but what they claim is fixed isn't always fixed), but they aren't getting money from me until I see bugs fixed.
  • Options
    oneratsonerats Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, my guess is that they can't buy them. ARC and the STO website itself has been going haywire all day. Pages are taking a few minutes to load, and even after purchasing zen (the charge is on my card) and hour later the zen still hasn't shown up. To think they're offering a "first time buyer" incentive only to give them this whole experience.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was in mine.

Fed - Galaxy
    KDF - K'Tinga
    Romulan - D'Deridex

Does these count? ;)

Currently I hadn't bought any. They are costly and with other ships in my list to buy first. It will be a while before I get one.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2015
    Maybe you're just blind? I saw a ton earlier around ESD and Argala so idk...Sadly command abilities are lack luster, with me only using Overload emitter 3 on the Samsar...while intel abilities are still highly useful.

Also we all know theyll eventually release fleet variants of the intel for that missing 11th console so why not just wait and keep using the useful ships
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shpoks wrote: »
    Well, they're not exactly cheap either.
    Besides, I suspect many people want to "test the water" and take a peek at them and their performance from others that jumped and bought one immediately. Probably many players are waiting for Smirk's livestream tomorrow to take a good peak at them in some action before they make the final decision.

If they want to 'sell' ships they should give a couple to Ryan and Felisan from the DPS channels and let them do the livestream melting things....

Smirk's builds are always 'lol what?!' and not the best way of showing off the new toys...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    aedayaeday Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They're going to need to impress me before I fork out any money on them. Quite frankly I have more ships than characters so there is zero need for me to get one.

Normally when they launch a ship I'm like "Ah yeah, might get it." But this time I just felt they completely missed the mark. They only released the Pathfinder not long ago. I get them wanting to make money but I see nothing ground breaking in this command tree stuff, it just doesn't look needed per s
    "I'm a science officer. It's my job to have a better idea."
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    This is very strange. I don't see many command ships flying around. This is against the laws of nature and the universe itself. There are new shiny toys out, but no one is flying them! WHERE ARE THEY!?

Am...Am I losing my mind? What is happening? :eek:

I think most people are becoming tired of PWE fleecing the players (remember how mercilessly they pushed the DR Operations pack?). There's nothing but meh about these Command ships.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regardless if one likes these ships or not, these things are all over the place right now.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mine is still in the C-Store. And it will remain there until the whole 11th Console situation is resolved.
    3lsZz0w.jpg