test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, why are you taking so much from us?

Comments

• Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Once again... You make the same argument... STO is still a F2P game... You're complaining it's not free enough now that Cryptic as reigned in the amount of dilithium floating around in-game...

They are a business, they are in business to make money... If Cryptic does not make money, all this TRIBBLE you're whinging about is moot as it will not exist...

If you don't have room for the new ship, either delete another one, or don't bloody use it! It's not rocket science...

Not once... Not a single time has Cryptic forced you to buy anything... You are whinging that your access to dilithium has been restricted and that Cryptic have added new ways to spend your dilithium...

In other words, you are whinging that a free game is not a free enough because it is not as free as it was a few months ago - you actually have to work a bit harder, or wait a bit longer to get the new shineys now... Until such time as Cryptic remove the ability to convert dilithium into Zen, literally forcing players to then spend real money, STO is still free... Your complaints smack of an entitlement mentality...

And those other threads were either structured in such a manner that it was not an entitled rant, or they would have got similar replies...

Well your statement isn't entirely true the F2P crowd does not remember the old days. I know because it did cost me $300.00 to buy access to the game 5 years ago. The benefits have been less than spectacular. Cryptic has a beef with career officers. They are like the Ferengi Consortium always scheming a way to get our money and not giving us a good product in return.The OP has a point in the fact they keep nerfing the stuff we have earned [Efficient Saurians with +5 to all powers]. Now you are forced to pay to train your officers with skills. They are slowly but surely choking the game to death over a money grab.

My suggestions:

1. "FIX THE LAG"

2. Give The Foundry more tools to create content.

3. Bring back old content like the Cardassian takeover on DS9

4. Put Veteran Human Bridge Officers in the C-Store

5. Make stuff bound to the account not toon specific especially lock box ships.

6. Give the Rommies their own faction they do not belong in The Empire or The Federation

7. Create a faction of merchants and traders.

8. Sell us a "100% complete" ship interior not just a bridge pack.

9. Create different PvP ques based on the level of your ship and a "Open Que"

10. Do something about the hackers like the one who completed the Crystal Catastrophe in 32 seconds yesterday.
  • Options
    seifer1701seifer1701 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OH and perhaps I should say that I'm sorry. I didn't intend for it to come out as a rant if that's how it's being received, just logging in alot lately has been a bad experience in finding another source of income has been nerfed, or another bug wasn't really fixed, or the quietly took out the option to purchase an extra boxed ship. I hope we can at least agree that the game has become frustrating in some cases? Finding out the hard way that dil bonus was pulled from the rep system after reading a post that said it would function as normal was a real kick. I had actually planned on using that to bulk up and take a break from the game to revitalize some of the fun in it. Just feeling lately like this game is more of a chore than a leisurely activity.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Accusatory tone? Check.

Long winded, rambling rant stating what has been stated before? Check.

Combative and hostile reaction with other forum members who refuse to acknowledge and sympathize with a misplaced sense of entitlement? Check.

Just another day in the forums folks.

Combative and hostile response? check

Trolling when someone's just discussing the topic? Check.

I'm glad you can at least point out these issues have been discussed before. Can't understand why they'd be less important now tho.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    *enter white knights*

Reporting for duty o7.

Lets see here, rant, rant, I want free stuff, rant, rant.

Don't need me, he is already off the deep end.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Reporting for duty o7.

Lets see here, rant, rant, I want free stuff, rant, rant.

Don't need me, he is already off the deep end.

Lol that's funny, still isn't a rant. When making a point, you first state it, then add supporting facts or theories. And for what? the fourth time: I haven't asked for anything free, I'm just pointing out that what THEY say is free is just a cover to push people into buying ship slots or we have go give up the "free gift" that point made clear by the fact that they took away the option to buy a boxed extra, why else would they do that? A rant would be someone just going off senselessly, loosing their cool, blowing off steam.
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    While I agree that the monetizing is becoming more and more invasive, what exactly do you expect? Micro transactions are needed to keep the game going.

There's a huge difference between selling DLC and the grotesque amount of naked cash-grab that PWE has been doing lately. It almost makes one wonder if the company is going to go belly-up soon and they're trying to get their mitts on as much moola as possible before the whole racket goes ker-plooey!

IMO, I'd hold off on buying anything from PWE for right now. Something about the way they're doing things since last Fall is giving off a "Spidey Sense" in me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seifer1701 wrote: »
    Lol that's funny, still isn't a rant. When making a point, you first state it, then add supporting facts or theories. And for what? the fourth time: I haven't asked for anything free, I'm just pointing out that what THEY say is free is just a cover to push people into buying ship slots or we have go give up the "free gift" that point made clear by the fact that they took away the option to buy a boxed extra, why else would they do that? A rant would be someone just going off senselessly, loosing their cool, blowing off steam.
    Which is what you're doing. I mean seriously.... calling them "heartless" for giving people the Samsar? yeah.... angry rant.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In the last year I noticed a lot of stuff costing Dil. Its all about making $ for the company. But look what they done lately. They added more actors/actress to do VOs and being rendered into the game. That is not cheap as they are not doing it for free. Before you didn't have this kind of star power into the game. This is just 1 example of what they doing with the money earned from us.

About the pricing of stuff. Just like anything. If you want it, pay up. If not, then don't buy it. Your the buyer so its always your choice. Some will have it, some won't. That is just part of life.

Even with the Dil expenses on stuff like crafting, upgrades. Some of it does cost, but you don't have to pay on some. As all you have to do is wait it out to count down. Some of the stuff that does cost was no different than the Dil store items they had. I used to buy a lot from that vendor for my gear. Cause I refused to pay over priced stuff on the exchange. Where other players would price gouge you. So in reality they are no different than the company making you cough up your resources.

Do I really see them taking away from us? Not really. The crafting/upgrading has done wonders on my characters. As it helped them upgrade gear and get gear I wanted. By bypassing the exchange with greedy players. Plus it costed less. This is just 1 example.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    coors3coors3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    While I agree that the monetizing is becoming more and more invasive, what exactly do you expect? Micro transactions are needed to keep the game going.

PWE/Cryptic is only going to get as much money from you as you want to give them.

Except these are no longer micro transactions. $120 or there abouts seems more like a macro transaction. They are far beyond the $5 horse armor skins of other games. Gotta get back to the dilithium grind to pay for some stuff. :D
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some of the folks playing this game really, seriously need to learn some meditation techniques and calm the heck down. You're going to rant yourself into an early grave, you are.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    trek21 wrote: »
    The OP pack is overpriced? Um, that's only the appearance of it...

The cost of each ship contained in that pack separately? 27000 Zen (3000 for nine ships), and that's only ships, so the final figure is considerably closer to 30000. With the pack, you can all get all nine ships and more for around half the price of purchasing all of them one-by-one

^Applies to the Legacy of Romulus packs as well overall, cost-wise

i need to stop you there.

Everything in the zen store is outrageously priced to begin with. $30 is just ridiculous for any ship. So saying a bit of money in a bundle isn't really here or there. Everything is overpriced. Period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How many more ways are you going to invent to take things from us or squeeze us for money?

"Travelling to the Regulus Sector Block will take 4 hours. 18000 Dilithium to finish now." :P

On a serious note, I don't think that posting rage topics will have any effect as most of the developers have stopped reading the forums, because of topics like these. I do agree with you on most part of what you've written though. It's just become pointless to rage on the forums. Probably a moderator will drop by soon and lock this thread trough the floor.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i need to stop you there.

Everything in the zen store is outrageously priced to begin with. $30 is just ridiculous for any ship. So saying a bit of money in a bundle isn't really here or there. Everything is overpriced. Period.

The stuff in the store is value to what a person is willing pay. They do have sales, so its better to wait for that. There is stuff I would buy, but I won't. So its not a big deal for me. It goes to a want vs a need. So you can enjoy your time on the game.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How many ships do you have in your slots that you don't use?

Go to the ship selector and find out.

I am sure when you go there you will find ships that you haven't used in ages.

As for limited slots, well, you are playing for free. Ships require a lot of information movement, hull, turn rate, defense capaibilty, shields, inertia, the equipment required, custom paint job and so on.

Options, get dilithium. right now. 16,700 dil is equivalent to around 100 zen and 2 new ship slots are 500 zen.

83,500 Dilithium. Just over 10 days worth of dilithium spread over all your characters. Spend any real time in the Voth Battlezone and you've hit max Dil. for the day. Especially if you can help at the end boss stage.

It's hardly any effort, really.
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    *enter white knights*

Wow, you weren't kidding. The knights never cease to astonish me. Makes for good forum grinding, though.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The OP might not be aware of this but there is no requirement for you to buy the mega command ship pack. Plus they are giving you free ships? Where do you get off?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow you're obviously paying attention here. I've made zero demands for more free anything. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that they've taken alot away while adding more dil grind, it's what this forum section is designed for. Discussion of gameplay, and I'm complaining that I have no more ships that can be deleted and reclaimed, and I should point out that was only one part of the complaint. It's the fact that they give us a ship knowing it will force players to dump old free ships or purchased one's OR we have to buy more ship slots. If they genuinely wanted to give something to the players as a thank you, then why can't it be reclaimed? why doesn't it come with a free ship slot, why did they take away the option to buy another in the boxed form?

Ignore the white knight my friend.
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, you weren't kidding. The knights never cease to astonish me. Makes for good forum grinding, though.

It's not about being a White Knight. It's about being logical. No one is blindly defending Cryptic, just providing good solid counterpoints to the OP, who in my opinion, is not being very realistic in his rant. Just because new toys came out doesn't make what you got obsolete. I bought the Delta Pack and I am still happy with it, despite the release of the Command Ships. New ships were always expected and that is not a cause to throw a tantrum.

If the OP is so concerned about the future of the game, then he needs to realize Cryptic has to generate profits or the servers go dark.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    C

Then you attach boff training to dilithium. Really? Was that necessary? You get us all excited to find out we're finally getting a proper training system to where we don't have to give expensive/rare boffs to other players for training and hope we get them back, then you attach that to dilithium (albeit a small amount) like a slap in the face.

You can take it as a slap in the face, but it is Cryptic's prerogative to change the nature of Free to play in this game. It is their prerogative to develop mechanisms in game to compel you to spend money on the game.

I honestly see no error on Crytpic's part on trying to increase their earnings on the game, or trying to maintain cash coming in. When you have players PROUDLY displaying their ability to not paying a dime in this game, players harassing other players when they win a lockbox ship, and others who have five or six accounts running bots to collect as many Omega molecules so they can bypass the dilithium requirement for upgrading, I have no sympathy when Cryptic changes things back in their favor.

Cryptic is not UNICEF the Red Cross, or the Salvation Army.

You can brand me the King of White knights, you all can keep sending me hate mail through the forums, but I choose to enjoy the game, I choose to get zen when I want to. When you start a thread calling for closing the gameand firing Devs because it isn't the way YOU want the game to be, I call BS.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't think the OP had a point, but then returning from my son's scout meeting tonight two red Ferraris were parked in my driveway. Curious I walked up to look to see who it was. When I bent over to look in the first one someone hit me over the head with what felt like a bag of leeks. While I was on the ground someone else started kicking me and cursing in a voice that sounded a lot like that lizard thing from the Geico ads.

This went on for a few moments, as I was about to lose consciousness I heard the leek person (who I'm pretty sure was female and was laughing at the time) say, "You haven't spent enough Zen." Then they took my wallet. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was the screech of rubber as the pair of $250,000 sport cars raced away.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ok, somebody broke wind in here..............who was it ????? huh, WHO FARTED ???????
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On the plus side I finally got this monkey off my back. I haven't logged in in a week, I have no desire to get the anniversary ship, omega particles for tech or play the dilithium weekend.

Not even sure I'm gonna keep this on my harddrive. They killed what desire I had left to play.

I'm reminded of that Star Wars quote: "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

The more you squeeze us for money, the more we will slip through your fingers.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    First up, you're confusing alot of wants, with needs...

Beyond that, I'm not even gonna bother addressing yet another entitled rant...

Enter typically useless comments from the peanut gallery...

So if you aren't going to address it, why bother (not) posting about it?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Then you attach boff training to dilithium. Really? Was that necessary? You get us all excited to find out we're finally getting a proper training system to where we don't have to give expensive/rare boffs to other players for training and hope we get them back, then you attach that to dilithium (albeit a small amount) like a slap in the face.

Agreed. I really did not like having my Gravity Well 3 taken away and forced to spend Dil on crafting just to get it back.
    Then you take away our rep system mark dil bonuses. Didn't give anyone forewarning ahead of time, even tho your posts about it say you're well aware that people have been saving marks and items to turn in for a long time, you just pulled it right out from under us, and even screwed up the initial details by leaving us to believe we'd still receive the normal bonuses that we have in the past.

Another agreed. I had a lot of marks saved up because after you've reached Level 5 and made everything you wanted from that Reputation, what else are marks good for?
    Then you dump more "Free ships" on us, because we get excited and enjoy some new material only this time we're not allowed to claim a 2nd box so we can trash the first ship to save a ship slot and keep a boxed version.

PWE wants us to shell out for extra ship slots. Nope. Not me. Not gonna happen, PWE.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    You can take it as a slap in the face, but it is Cryptic's prerogative to change the nature of Free to play in this game. It is their prerogative to develop mechanisms in game to compel you to spend money on the game.

Well guess what? To paraphrase Princess Leia, the more they tighten their grip, the more players will slip through their fingers. (Edit: I wrote that before I saw the post by uryenserellont. LOL)

I'm glad I didn't sink $120 for the Delta pack. IMO, T6 ships are inferior to T5U ones anyway. All they're good for is to grind a unique Tier 5 starship trait and then it's back to your old pre-DR ship.

Every company deserves to make some money, but they WAY they are trying to make their money has been very disrespectful towards the players and in some cases it's been downright extortionist (like having to spend Dil to craft manuals to get back the BOFF skills your crew already had just the day before).

A business provides a service to it's player base and gets rewarded for it with purchases. Here however it seems that it's becoming like Fernginar, where it costs three strips of Latinum to sit in a chair and one strip to stand.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was beginning to wonder when these threads would return.

Seriously if you're still playing you're part of the problem not the solution. Get off this game and vote with your wallet. They aren't listening to the forums they will listen to your missing cash however and your missing game time! Once enough people do this this game will change!