What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Ships broken

Comments

• Options
    antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yerh they need to fix this ASAP. Dyson is one of the main ships of my main character (I did all of the Delta missions with it). And I was just about to use this years qmendations to get one for my ROM Alt so she could finally have a science ship...
  • Options
    gonzothegreat78gonzothegreat78 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    livok@woelfer

all dyson ships on this account are still not working
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    polotospolotos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mine broke not after the patch, but after i claimed the Samsar so i thoght it was a bug in the simple ship trasition maybe
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    My Commander power for my Sci BOff slot is GWIII. :mad: Now I'm pi$$ed. This is like flying a T4 with the loss of one of my best abilities.

And something else...the Wiki has gone nuts 'cause the playable starship page (I just went to look at) has about a hundred simultaneous listings for Solanae Dyson Science Destroyers. Coincidence?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Federation_playable_starship
    That is crazy. There are over 50 there and there is a theoretical max of 36 different Dyson's ships. I brought it up on the discussion page and hopefully someone will be able to correct it.
    We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thanks Frost.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    dsamurai1dsamurai1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Patch and no fix...WTF!!!!

Does any DEVS even read these bug reports?
  • Options
    antzeeantzee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The commander skills on Dyson Science Destroyer are now usable but no matter what I change to tactical/science, its stays the same (Viral Matrix II and Cannon: Scatter Volley III).

So from one problem to another...

Edit: And my tactical/science station also now has the empty fifth skill slot randomly.

Edit 2: Fixed the jammed science commander skill by purchasing another officer. Purchased tactical officer also but can't use Attack Pattern Omega II no matter what..
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    i have 3 science boffs

heirarcy boff - has gravity well 3 trained but it is not working or alowing me to equip

romulan boff - has gravity well 3 trained but it is not working or allowing me to equip

nelen exil (dyson rep) came with gravity well 3 by default and IS working on dyson ship

i no longer have the "5 boff slot issue" but i am stuck using nelen exil on the dyson ship if i want to use gravity well 3

edit ok it seems that only the commander station is forcing me to use the default skills that the boff came with, i am able to train the boffs and equip them with the lower ranks though. hope this helps good luck
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dsamurai1 wrote: »
    Patch and no fix...WTF!!!!

Does any DEVS even read these bug reports?

Have you actually checked the ships yet ? The fixes to the new boff system seems to have helped, at least in my case. Both of mine seem to be working again, although the tray doesn't remove the Commander slot in either mode, just marks it as unusable. Fingers crossed they stay that way :P
  • Options
    zydrigeonzydrigeon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, after patch, i now have useable commander rank slots on my Dsd.
    BUT...

It seems like the commander slot on DSD's is defaulting(and only allowing) the last power listed that your boff knows for that rank. ie viral matrix is last on my list for one sci officer and photonic shockwave is last one listed for my other sci boff. those two powers are all that seem to work. I checked with my tactical officer slot. 1 boff has only 1 ability...its in the list. Another boff has 2 powrers. Only the last one is selectable and shows in powers list.

Sadly, i still cannot repromote my boffs to commander rank (promote button still grey'd out)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    irm1963 wrote: »
    Have you actually checked the ships yet ? The fixes to the new boff system seems to have helped, at least in my case. Both of mine seem to be working again, although the tray doesn't remove the Commander slot in either mode, just marks it as unusable. Fingers crossed they stay that way :P

No hes right its still not working, mabee you just got lucky and are using boffs that had the skills you wanted by default...

i posted right above your post so im not gonna beat a dead horse here
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm also having issues, still, same as the others. I can now see and use my Commander slot in my Fed Dyson, but even after I've changed my Science officer's default Photonic Shockwave to Gravity Well (and it shows up that way both on the Stations screen and her Skill screen), Photonic Shockwave is still what appears on the bridge officer bar. I've tried switching officers, setting the station to 'none' and then back to her, changing ships, logging in and out, to no avail.

Again - while "Stations" claims that the equipped ability is GW3, that is not the ability that actually appears on the Bridge Crew bar in that officer's Commander slot.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's better now but still not fully fixed. I can't change either tac or sci commander power.
  • Options
    czuryloczurylo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes. The same at me what above posters wrote.

Unable to change the abilities of the boffs. The "Reset"-Button also doesnt work.
  • Options
    fluf2fluf2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep same here, cant change the ability, but at least we have something there now.
    Leader of Nova Elite and House of Nova Elite
    Fluf - USS Angelia
    Kazar Chugra -USS Mirak
    Du'Ralle - IKS - K'Rag
    Koval - RRW -D'Dara
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Any word? Still cant change both tac and science commander boff power.

Thanks
  • Options
    antzeeantzee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nope still not fixed.
  • Options
    zydrigeonzydrigeon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3wks... I still cannot promote my boffs back to commander rank. My dsd still wont let me change commander rank powers...which i find odd that the powers IT decided to give me for those slots work, when i dont actually have any commander rank boffs for those stations. anyone seeing the circular issue here?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Same. My tac BOFFs commander skill isn't the one it's supposed to be when I change to tac mode.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    antzudan wrote: »
    Same. My tac BOFFs commander skill isn't the one it's supposed to be when I change to tac mode.

tossing my own thread here since it seems to be exclusive to the Dyson ships and started more recently than the OP of this thread
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mine has been fixed since the last update. Is this issue still going on for some people?
  • Options
    ltbazzltbazz Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *raises hand*
    Here!

I just recently (as in "today") bothered myself to re-outfit the DSD on my Sci toon and applied some training manuals to my Boffs.

1) All skill switching below Commander-level seems to work fine.
    2) Both Commander-level abilities (Tac and Sci) do work (are activatible) in their respective mode.
    but:
    3) Neither Sci nor Tac Commander-level abilities can be switched. As soon as I place a Boff in the Commander station, it switches to his default skill.

Now, I am fine with Nelen Exil and his GWIII for Sci, BUT ...
    Both my very rare Tac Boffs have this useless (for my taste) Dispersal Pattern Beta III as their default :(:(:(

Edit:
    Ofc, I don't mean "default" skill - that I have changed manually.
    So what do we call them now? First-ever-posessed skill?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    noroblad wrote: »
    mine has been fixed since the last update. Is this issue still going on for some people?

yes tried it today
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mine is still not working. Same problem as before/mentioned above by others.
  • Options
    coors3coors3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Command skill bug still a problem here.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    still no word on this?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm assuming they're working on it and hopefully it'll be fixed again on Thursday. Until then I'm gona have to hold off on getting the dyson ship for my Rom Alt which is very annoying.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Anything on this? All DSDs are practically unusable right now :(

If it helps:

Cyy@rmy1081
    Vahel@rmy1081

Both commander science and commander tac (depending on which mode) have unchangeable powers.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Anything on this? All DSDs are practically unusable right now :(

thats a bit extreme... they're reduced from their max but hardly unusable.. unless yer trying elite stuff then I guess that difference would hurt more