2»

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its too bright on the forums!

:D

You appear to be reading different forums to me :P.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its time for my Reman named Vranuk to Roleplay!: Do not speak of that vile worm, he was a embarresment to his race and if Hakeev didn't have weapons pointed at me I would have gladly killed that pest.

Its also time to roleplay R'Tath: Give me one chance to let me have Slamek to myself and I would take it, but he did help me return to my ship and I should be greatful for that but im not
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    fovrel wrote: »
    Now I think about it, what is the point of the mission Colloseum? Slamek is a traitor. He works for the Tal Shiarr. We learn it when we are caught again by colonel Hakeev. Let's take things step bu step.

We are caught and hold captive in a camp where prisoners are tested. Another prisoner gains our trust and helps us escape, so we can get caught again. As soon as we decide to escape from the camp, Slamek helps us, directs us etc, why? To tell Hakeev we are a bad prisoner who is trying to escape?

People that play a Romulan character know Slamek from one of the early missions. On Crateris he isn't very helpful either. I suppose he is working for the Tal Shiarr from the beginning.

I just skip the mission because of the long loading screen for the Nopada desert and I can survive without the Reman shield
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now I think about it, what is the point of the mission Colloseum? Slamek is a traitor. He works for the Tal Shiarr. We learn it when we are caught again by colonel Hakeev. Let's take things step bu step.

We are caught and hold captive in a camp where prisoners are tested. Another prisoner gains our trust and helps us escape, so we can get caught again. As soon as we decide to escape from the camp, Slamek helps us, directs us etc, why? To tell Hakeev we are a bad prisoner who is trying to escape?

According to Hakeev, our escape was orchestrated from the beginning. He could have executed us straight away, but where's the fun in that? No. He wanted us to believe we were about to escape before crushing out hopes altogether. ... I think he read the Bond Villain Guidebook.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We don't have to kill him, just send him to a secluded island on Risa.

Can't you send him the the mirror universe, I'm pretty sure there is a agony booth with his name on it.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
      edited February 2015

Best of both words... send him to The Island.
    • Options
      angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
      edited February 2015

Let's not pollute Risa any futher. :D
    • Options
      shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
      edited February 2015

ooh we got a dev to notice. i feel kind of proud as OP. but seriously risa's too good for him. unless we get to build an agony booth (see above post im stealing idea) stick him in it and crank it up to full. Then when he dies we call in EMH Mk 1 with his amazing healing skills to resurrect slamek so we can do it again. wash rinse repeat. i can call that recreation.

seriously enough tacofangs you guys did seem to go to unimaginable lengths to make us really hate slamek. between his uncooperative attitude, constant complaining, creature-like creepy stance, and the end betrayal, is it any wonder we want to be able to kill him ourselves?

romulans get to kill hakeev, feds and kdf get to watch obisek execute him. we get to see sela imprisoned. cooper is killed by his own bioship. we get to kill thot trel in open combat. the changling in the new link is trapped and turned in for a doff assignment. slamek is the only real loose end in the game. let us tie it off once for all. violently and finally.
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      edited February 2015

People that play a Romulan character know Slamek from one of the early missions. On Crateris he isn't very helpful either. I suppose he is working for the Tal Shiarr from the beginning.

He could just be incompetent and unlucky.

But it would also make a lot of sense that he was working for the Tal'Shiar in a long time.

That doesn'T mean he wasn't brainwashed. It seems doubtful that the Coliseum was brand-new by the time we get there. The log entries that imply attempts at brainwashing could be much older. He could actually be one of the first targets of brain washing - which eventually lead to the techniques we encountered as Romulan characters on Hakeev's ship.

Heck, maybe his brain-washing technique was imperfect, and he occasionally snaps out of it* - so they have to regularly capture and "re-wash" him.

*) but is still a cowardly weasel about it.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      I think Slamek is a pretty interesting guy.

It's true he didn't accomplish much in the Crateris mission, but I didn't get the sense he was actively sabotaging the player's efforts, or helping the Tal Shiar. He gets captured at the end of that episode and resurfaces in Installation 18, where he seems genuinely grateful to be rescued.

He then joins up with Obisek's rebellion and is a crewman on the ship transporting the stolen thalaron weapons when the "Coliseum" satellite forces the ship to crash. According to him, he was forced to fight his crewmates until he was the sole survivor. According to Hakeev's records in that same mission, Slamek had been earmarked for indoctrination, but it's unclear whether it actually took place.

In any case, he betrays the player to Hakeev in the end...I find the question of whether he was always working for the Tal Shiar, or whether he was broken in Installation 18 or in the Coliseum, to be fascinating.

I hope we see him again.
      You're right. The work here is very important.
      ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      jeffel82 wrote: »
      I think Slamek is a pretty interesting guy.

It's true he didn't accomplish much in the Crateris mission, but I didn't get the sense he was actively sabotaging the player's efforts, or helping the Tal Shiar. He gets captured at the end of that episode and resurfaces in Installation 18, where he seems genuinely grateful to be rescued.

He then joins up with Obisek's rebellion and is a crewman on the ship transporting the stolen thalaron weapons when the "Coliseum" satellite forces the ship to crash. According to him, he was forced to fight his crewmates until he was the sole survivor. According to Hakeev's records in that same mission, Slamek had been earmarked for indoctrination, but it's unclear whether it actually took place.

In any case, he betrays the player to Hakeev in the end...I find the question of whether he was always working for the Tal Shiar, or whether he was broken in Installation 18 or in the Coliseum, to be fascinating.

I hope we see him again.

i think he would be more interesting if we could boldly kill him in new and unique ways. all while shining a bright light into his eyes.

"Come one traitor IS THAT TOO BRIGHT FOR YOU? No?? well there's one more setting labeled 'brighter than a supernova' lets see how that one works out for you!"
    • Options
      narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      And here I went and made a Reman, used screenshots to get the look right and named him Slamek, much to the join dismay/amusment of my fleetmates.

I also did the same thing with Kurland....

I've so far failed to find a KDF NPC truly annoying enough to give the same treatment, the vast majority are entirely tollerable.
    • Options
      battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      You can kill Slimey after I get to kill Tovan Khev.

Put them both in the same airlock and let them fight for a handhold.
      Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    • Options
      battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      gonalius wrote: »
      You want to kill someone because he's been tortured and brainwashed into being an asset for Hakeev?

Play a Romulan. :D
      Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    • Options
      edited February 2015
      He could just be incompetent and unlucky.

But it would also make a lot of sense that he was working for the Tal'Shiar in a long time.

That doesn'T mean he wasn't brainwashed. It seems doubtful that the Coliseum was brand-new by the time we get there. The log entries that imply attempts at brainwashing could be much older. He could actually be one of the first targets of brain washing - which eventually lead to the techniques we encountered as Romulan characters on Hakeev's ship.

Heck, maybe his brain-washing technique was imperfect, and he occasionally snaps out of it* - so they have to regularly capture and "re-wash" him.

*) but is still a cowardly weasel about it.

ok ill take a more KDFish stance here. execute him for his incompetence.

personally id tell my crew i was executing him for incompetence. it would incite the crew into working better and telling them i executed him because i simply didnt like him wouldnt be good for morale.
    • Options
      elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      artan42 wrote: »
      You appear to be reading different forums to me :P.

Nah I can see it being pretty bright here, all the White-Hot Anger probaly makes for a decent glow. :D
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      so I helped a couple different people the other day and it led me to search this thread out again, because out of 2 random picks and replies both were on colosseum. you know what...I WANT TO KILL SLAMEK EVEN MORE NOW!!!!
    • Options
      grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      shinnok918 wrote: »
      i want a mission to kill slamek. all through Colosseum he's a pain in the neck and then in the end he betrays you. more than one player ive talked to wants to kill him. D E A D. give us the pleasure.

Yep but then in the mission you should have the choice to help him when he is wounded or wander off and let him be !!!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    • Options
      mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      I'd at least like to arrest Slamek and put him in Facility 4028.
    • Options
      saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Kill Slamek and then Worf. I'll even add Drake to that wishlist.
    • Options
      nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      kirk2390 wrote: »
      Yep but then in the mission you should have the choice to help him when he is wounded or wander off and let him be !!!

lol that would be funny, or at least poison the medicine so he dies slowly.
      saedeith wrote: »
      Kill Slamek and then Worf. I'll even add Drake to that wishlist.
      WHY :eek:
      0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      lol that would be funny, or at least poison the medicine so he dies slowly.

WHY :eek:

Shock value.
    • Options
      knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Me : Hey, Salamek, get over here.

* Salamek wanders over *

Salamek : What is it, Little Spy?

* boots him up the TRIBBLE *

:cool:

Rofl. I would throw him out of the airlock but I guess a boot up the TRIBBLE works as well. ;D. It would also be nice if we could do the same to tovan. Maybe one day the devs will spoil us with a mission where we send tovan and slamek off on a deep cover spying mission.
      aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    • Options
      cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      kirk2390 wrote: »

"I'm sorry Slamek, you know too much, and the severity of your injuries will only slow my escape."
      Your captain.

A. Snaps his neck like a carrot stick.

B. Smashes his head like a raw egg, with a giant rock.

:D
    • Options
      spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 315 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      shinnok918 wrote: »
      ok ill take a more KDFish stance here. execute him for his incompetence.

personally id tell my crew i was executing him for incompetence. it would incite the crew into working better and telling them i executed him because i simply didn't like him wouldn't be good for morale.

Start by having a nice little session where you show your holo of your little adventure to the crew, then while the entire crew are screaming that they want to kill that little maggot at end of it you tell them you executed him because you really disliked him.
      It ends with crew approving and celebrating the death of Slamek. :P
      Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      spookpwa wrote: »
      Start by having a nice little session where you show your holo of your little adventure to the crew, then while the entire crew are screaming that they want to kill that little maggot at end of it you tell them you executed him because you really disliked him.
      It ends with crew approving and celebrating the death of Slamek. :P

There you go. Give your crew some blackmail material. An overly ambitious crewmember willing to sell you out for a higher command resulting in a court martial for you if not an execution. :D
    • Options
      medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      **Reads OP**

It is too bright here
      Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
    • Options
      welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      It's too...bright here.
      T93uSC8.jpg