test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

today's free itens

betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
ships! (t-2) for rom fed and klingon, gla.
eywdK7c.jpg
Post edited by betayuya on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even the Roms get one! :cool: Pity it's just a T2 today, but getting a free Dhael beats what Roms usually get.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Free T2+console ship? That a nice incentive to start playing the game ;)
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isn't the Rhode Island the same ship they gave away last year? I mean its free and thanks but hoping for something different.
    DUwNP.gif

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    which ships is free ? name ?
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isn't the Rhode Island the same ship they gave away last year? I mean its free and thanks but hoping for something different.

Iirc they gave away the Gladius last year.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rode Island, Dhael warbird and Qaw'Dun BoP
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Universal Consoles for everybody!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, the Rhode Island was indeed last year's giveaway. The Gladius was a giveaway when Arc debuted, I think; I know I already had it on my main account, but it's part of the giveaway this time as well.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Waiting for the usual "Not fair! I already own these ships. I want something different." whining and the "I should get a refund cuz I bought that ship" posts.

well, only fed one ship is reclyng from last year, kdf and rom ones are new, and i like they recycle revous year(s) free ship as bonus, since isis nice to new players.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah the Rhode Island was part of another giveaway. I was hoping for the Exeter to fill in the last blank ;) I didn't own the Klingon BoP so no complaints from me.
  • ussackermanussackerman Member Posts: 275 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Actually, I just googled last year's anniversary and it was the Gladius last year with a Raptor. The Rhode Island was given as part of the Summer 2013 celebration. Still, there are very few ships in this tier to giveaway. Heck, they are running out of costumes to giveaway that I don't have yet.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glad they gave out a ship for each faction even if it's only T2.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The Rhode Island has indeed been given out before. It's a neat looking ship in my opinion, been thinking about getting the higher version.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Always nice to get free ships.
    I already have the Rhode Island but the others will be good to have, even if just to open up some more costume options for higher tier ships.

My thanks to Cryptic.
    SulMatuul.png
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    No, the Rhode Island was indeed last year's giveaway. The Gladius was a giveaway when Arc debuted, I think; I know I already had it on my main account, but it's part of the giveaway this time as well.

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing about the Rhode Island... Would have been nice if the Fed giveaway was the Exeter, but I also suspect the Exeter is a commonly purchased T2 ship being an Enterprise refit...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    betayuya wrote: »
    ships! (t-2) for rom fed and klingon, gla.

Yeah, but what Cryptic didn't share is, that you must be this tall to be able to claim the ships................:rolleyes:
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bernatk wrote: »
    Yeah, but what Cryptic didn't share is, that you must be this tall to be able to claim the ships................:rolleyes:

It's not that difficult to level a character into the teens.
  • ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yeaaaah, ships that become obsolete after 2 hours of play.
    *opens up coat 'would you like some wilted flowers? is free!'
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To put it another way: If you claimed all 3 ships today that is 360,000 worth of dil you aren't grinding for. (750 x 3 x 160) {160 is the price of dil on the exchange}

EXCELLENT!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fed ship was last year, as I'm still using the ship on my Sci. I'm only a few levels away from T3 ship. However the KDF and Romulan will be nice. I will get them for the consuls and remove them from the list.

This gift is nice, as it gives us nice consuls to use. And the "skin" if you have a higher ship that can use it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, seeing as my 3 characters are already well beyond T2 the ships don't realy interest me... but tell me more of these consoles.... if they can be usedful in a T5U or T6 ship I may be interested...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wasn't shocked to see something given away in this event that had been given away before, in fact I am more surprised to see only the one item so far.
    its always a bit disappointing when they give away something from another event but is good for the newbs so fairs fair.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited January 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    Well, seeing as my 3 characters are already well beyond T2 the ships don't realy interest me... but tell me more of these consoles.... if they can be usedful in a T5U or T6 ship I may be interested...

Here is the ships, see if the consuls will work for you. They are free, so you can take them and play around with the consuls. That is what I plan on doing. If not its just a click away to remove them.

Romulan Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dhael_Warbird

KDF Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Qaw%27Dun_Bird-of-Prey

Fed Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Science_Vessel_Refit

edited January 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    Here is the ships, see if the consuls will work for you. They are free, so you can take them and play around with the consuls. That is what I plan on doing. If not its just a click away to remove them.

Romulan Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dhael_Warbird

KDF Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Qaw%27Dun_Bird-of-Prey

Fed Ship:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Science_Vessel_Refit

[Console - Universal - Singularity Inverter]

This console allows you to use your ship's Singularity to absorb some of the power of incoming directed energy attacks. While active, this decreases the damage you suffer from directed energy and increases your Singularity power level as you take energy damage. This console can be used on any Romulan Warbird.

[Console - Universal - Photonic Displacer]

Special Ability: Photonic Displacement

This unique Station Mod allows you to create a photonic decoy, distracting your target and allowing you to escape cloaked. The photonic decoy does not deal damage. This Console Mod can be equipped on any ship, in any console slot. You may only equip one of theses mods on any single ship.

Um, either can be helpful at the higher tiers so YES, I'll be yoinking these ships!

Thanks for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I completely forgot this type of entitlement complaint. :rolleyes:

Seriously. It at the very least offers an opportunity to level an alt with something different.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm sad to announce that the Rom ship was part of the Romulan Promotion package. So start whining, because Roms didn't get something new. At least not the Rom players who paid for the favours of Romulus.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited January 2015

This console allows you to use your ship's Singularity to absorb some of the power of incoming directed energy attacks. While active, this decreases the damage you suffer from directed energy and increases your Singularity power level as you take energy damage. This console can be used on any Romulan Warbird.

This unique Station Mod allows you to create a photonic decoy, distracting your target and allowing you to escape cloaked. The photonic decoy does not deal damage. This Console Mod can be equipped on any ship, in any console slot. You may only equip one of theses mods on any single ship.

Um, either can be helpful at the higher tiers so YES, I'll be yoinking these ships!

Thanks for the info!

And don't forget the shield destabilizer from the Qaw'Dun:
    Console - Universal - Shield Destabilizer, which causes all nearby enemy vessels to slowly lose shield health. In addition, affected targets suffer a slight loss of shield power that does not increase over time. The Shield Destabilizer can be activated for 30 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown.
    edited January 2015
    And don't forget the shield destabilizer from the Qaw'Dun:
    Console - Universal - Shield Destabilizer, which causes all nearby enemy vessels to slowly lose shield health. In addition, affected targets suffer a slight loss of shield power that does not increase over time. The Shield Destabilizer can be activated for 30 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown.

Would be nice but I don't have any KDF characters... now, if I could modify that for use on a Rom or Fed ship....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    Roms allied with KDF can use the destabilizer.

I still tihnk Roms should be able to flip allegeances at whim.... kind of goes with their character....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the info!

Glad I could help. The KDF and Romulan ones I don't have. Both I can make good use out of those. Today's gift turned out to be a good one. Specially on consuls.