test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

today's free itens

Comments

• crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't have any issue for these ships...but thanks anyway! Still hoping for a better finale give away :D
    DUwNP.gif

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    m1957flax wrote: »
    I'm sad to announce that the Rom ship was part of the Romulan Promotion package. So start whining, because Roms didn't get something new. At least not the Rom players who paid for the favours of Romulus.
    No, it wasn't, there had been NO ship given away for free from the Romulans at all ever since they started the giveaways. The Dhael was/is part of the Legacy Pack (which is why it's in a box).
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Waiting for the usual "Not fair! I already own these ships. I want something different." whining and the "I should get a refund cuz I bought that ship" posts.

I already own the Dhael warbird. Don't really want many other ships but they were nice to get for the KDF and Fed. Rather see more new Romulan and KDF offerings really to ya know, match what got offered to Fed players in terms of T6 lineup. Won't be spending zen till I see those.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Dev Blog wrote:
    Every day from Monday 1/26 at 10am till Thursday 1/29 at 10am
    Nope. The T2 ships are the finale. These items were 100% off for a full 24 hours. That means we only had a 3 day giveaway event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, it wasn't, there had been NO ship given away for free from the Romulans at all ever since they started the giveaways. The Dhael was/is part of the Legacy Pack (which is why it's in a box).

Well, we were able to use the Ambassador Retrofit at least.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    The Dhael may be part of the Legacy pack, but its ALSO available stand alone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isn't the romulan console one that pairs with the really good other good romulan console?

No, it isn't, I looked it up
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Nope. The T2 ships are the finale. These items were 100% off for a full 24 hours. That means we only had a 3 day giveaway event.
    Someone posted on reddit a screenshot of Trendy saying there will be another giveaway tomorrow.
    Trendy wrote:
    There is also a free giveaway tomorrow.
    It's from today, as you can see people talking about the T2 giveaway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsiretsire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since I can't create my own thread for whatever reason, heres my two cents.
    How about making the free items available until the end of the promotion, instead of them going away each day, unfortunately some of the player aren't always able to log in every day and with that we miss out on promotions like these. Just a thought.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tsire wrote: »
    Since I can't create my own thread for whatever reason, heres my two cents.
    How about making the free items available until the end of the promotion, instead of them going away each day, unfortunately some of the player aren't always able to log in every day and with that we miss out on promotions like these. Just a thought.

That's the entire point of the one a day giveaways, to get you to log in every day to pump up the metrics.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    Here is the ships, see if the consuls will work for you. They are free, so you can take them and play around with the consuls. That is what I plan on doing. If not its just a click away to remove them.
    Cryptic Apologist!

It takes more than a click to get rid of these ships!

You also have to type the ship name in to confirm...

;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • jasonred3jasonred3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why are they having a 24 hour anniversary award... then taking the servers down for an update in the middle of it? That's pretty lame.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jasonred3 wrote: »
    Why are they having a 24 hour anniversary award... then taking the servers down for an update in the middle of it? That's pretty lame.

Because today is the actual anniversary event. Kinda requires them to take the servers down to update them with the NPC's and the event rep and all that nice stuff.

They'll probably extend the time you have to get the free ship by running it at the same time as Day 3. Cool your tribbles before they go flying.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Isn't the Rhode Island the same ship they gave away last year? I mean its free and thanks but hoping for something different.

no it was another
    nerf.jpg]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    most likely 3 tier 5 ships, one for each faction
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
      edited January 2015

But that was the meaning: it has been part of something else (of which you paid for) and thus it has been given already.

I don't care much, since I take all the freebies I can get, if I have the time to log in.
      But I have a reallife as well and no giveaway can turn me away from that.
    • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      captinwh0 wrote: »
      no it was another

The Rhode Island was given away last year. I don't think it was part of the Anniversary giveaway, I think it was during the summer, but that's how I got the Rhode Island. I definitely didn't pay for it :D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Free Tibet!
    • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Waiting for the usual "Not fair! I already own these ships. I want something different." whining and the "I should get a refund cuz I bought that ship" posts.

Not fair i already own these ships , i want something different

I want a refund because i bought these ships already

Ok i decided to help you out there even though the only one i did have was the rhode island from last years giveaway.

but other then that it was nice seeing the romulans get a free toy this time around instead of a middle finger and a hearty "better luck next time chum".
      edited January 2015
      captinwh0 wrote: »
      no it was another
      Ok, so the debate on when/if the Rhode Island was given away has gone back and forth enough I decided to look it up. Cryptic switching over to the ARC Website makes looking at old news archives impossible, but I did find this blog that says the Rhode Island was given away as part of the Summer Giveaway in August, 2013.

I already had the RI unlocked, and never would have bought it just for the console, so even barring the blog, I'm not sure how I got it if it wasn't given away at some point...
      "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      bergins wrote: »
      Ok, so the debate on when/if the Rhode Island was given away has gone back and forth enough I decided to look it up. Cryptic switching over to the ARC Website makes looking at old news archives impossible, but I did find this blog that says the Rhode Island was given away as part of the Summer Giveaway in August, 2013.

I already had the RI unlocked, and never would have bought it just for the console, so even barring the blog, I'm not sure how I got it if it wasn't given away at some point...
      The Rhode Island was part of the summer giveaway in '13. The Gladius was given away last year, I think. (I picked both of them up when they were offered, but it's nice that people who joined the game recently can have their chance at a free ship too.)
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      rattler2 wrote: »

Okay..

Day 1 - R&D Pack (all Factions)
      Day 2 - Movie Costume (Fed Only);
      Day 3 - T2 Ship (All Faction)

And today, Weekly Maintenance, Updates from 6:00am - 10:00am PST with nothing slotted to be given away and not an opportunity to log-in to claim the Day 3 (24hr) prize.

So. yep.. sounds like a 2 1/2 day event to me !!!..

Oh well.. at least there's a BUNCH of new "stuff" to figure out..
    • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
      edited January 2015
      Free T2+console ship? That a nice incentive to start playing the game ;)

Not really, Found out you cant claim the ships unless the char is high enough lvl to use them. So my max fed is fine, but for Rom and KDF I was SoL less I wanted to rank up to 10. (Higher if they decide to give out T5 ships today.)

Basically it doesn't give new comers any real extra incentive.
    • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      anyone know d4 free item ?
    • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      "Not a chance to log in..."?

You are aware that the ships went up at 10 am Pacific time yesterday, yes? And that the servers didn't come down until 6 am Pacific time today? Giving you twenty hours, a period usually decried as "forever" when it's a cooldown on a mission, to get them?

TRIBBLE, I took the time to create a new Rom toon, level her to 10, and ally with the KDF so I could claim both the Rom and Klink ships on my main account (where at the moment I hadn't had either sort of toon). It took about three hours, and probably would have been less if there hadn't been a bunch of SNRs and disconnects during the second hour.
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      jonsills wrote: »
      TRIBBLE, I took the time to create a new Rom toon, level her to 10, and ally with the KDF so I could claim both the Rom and Klink ships on my main account.

... I've got a second account for some reason (There was a reason when I created it, but I'll be scuppered if I know what it was), and it only has a single Federation character on it. I considered creating a Romulan & Klingon to claim the ships, but decided it was too much hassle, and just going for one or the other wasn't fair. Not once did I stop and think 'Well of course you can claim both on a KDF Romulan'... Bah!
      edited January 2015
      The Rhode Island was part of the summer giveaway in '13. The Gladius was given away last year, I think. (I picked both of them up when they were offered, but it's nice that people who joined the game recently can have their chance at a free ship too.)
      Yeah, I have both ships, but honestly, have no recollection of when I got them. If people were fighting over the Gladius, too, I might go look it up, but it's only the RI that it is being said that it was a "different ship" that was given away.

Anyways, I agree, with the number of people who have (hopefully) started playing since the RI giveaway a year and a half ago, it is nice that others will get a crack at it, especially since a number of people seem to be predicting that at least one of the new Command-Class ships will be a RI variant.

Of course, if they release a 3-pack of RI variants, imagine the rage if having the Free ship messes up getting the 3-Pack discount... lol

ETA:
      gonalius wrote: »
      ... I've got a second account for some reason (There was a reason when I created it, but I'll be scuppered if I know what it was), and it only has a single Federation character on it. I considered creating a Romulan & Klingon to claim the ships, but decided it was too much hassle, and just going for one or the other wasn't fair. Not once did I stop and think 'Well of course you can claim both on a KDF Romulan'... Bah!
      Scuppered? What?!? ;)
    • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      "Not a chance to log in..."?

You are aware that the ships went up at 10 am Pacific time yesterday, yes? And that the servers didn't come down until 6 am Pacific time today? Giving you twenty hours, a period usually decried as "forever" when it's a cooldown on a mission, to get them?

TRIBBLE, I took the time to create a new Rom toon, level her to 10, and ally with the KDF so I could claim both the Rom and Klink ships on my main account (where at the moment I hadn't had either sort of toon). It took about three hours, and probably would have been less if there hadn't been a bunch of SNRs and disconnects during the second hour.

Well.. congrats to you.. Glad you did what you did..

However, for some of us casual players, "REAL LIFE" sometimes takes priority over gaming time.

If the give-a-way is slotted for 24hours, it should remain as advertised, or pushed to cover lost time.

Just my honest opinion.
    • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      maddscott wrote: »

If the give-a-way is slotted for 24hours, it should remain as advertised, or pushed to cover lost time.

Just my honest opinion.

No, everybody should know by now when the maintenance is scheduled, because it is usually done every week at the same day and time. That it may last some time is well known too.
      Thus plan ahead and make it fit or stay out of it.

I understand and admit that reallife takes precedence = always in my opinion, but if I'm committed that way, I won't complain because it is MY decision to stay away.

BTW If you are around long enough, you will get it anyway: during another giveaway in the future. This discussion has turned into "I got it again", which should validate my point of view.

I buy the things I like to have (mostly via dil/zen exchange) and sooner or later I'll get the other stuff as well (giveaways, promotion, whatever they'll call it).
      edited January 2015
      m1957flax wrote: »
      BTW If you are around long enough, you will get it anyway: during another giveaway in the future. This discussion has turned into "I got it again", which should validate my point of view.
      Thing is, the more I think about it, the more I think the only reason I can say "Got it again" (which really, I can't because it is already unlocked account-wide, you hit the button, you get an error message, so I just can say "Already Got It") is because they are releasing a T6 RI variant, and we'll be seeing a RI Multi-Pack, or at least a RI Console Set Bonus.

There's enough other lower tier ships out there that there is no need to repeat ship giveaways just because there's nothing else left to give.
    • jasonred3jasonred3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      maddscott wrote: »
      Well.. congrats to you.. Glad you did what you did..

However, for some of us casual players, "REAL LIFE" sometimes takes priority over gaming time.

Just my honest opinion.

This. 100x this.