test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What seemingly abandoned content would you like to see revisited/continued?

Comments

• Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    New Romulus.

I want a city about 3/4 the size of Qo'noS divided into three districts - civilian/entertainment, military, and Reman Quarter, in total containing all the amenities of a faction hub like aforementioned Qo'noS or ESD.

Along with this I'd like to see some things added for Romulans to bring them more in-line with the other factions, such as a Rom-exclusive set of armor with ground visuals in the vein of the MACO/KHG sets.

Welcome to the club
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So, if you have some diplomatic resolution with the Tholians, what happens to Nukara?

The same thing that happens to all the Anti-Klingon Fleet Actions.

Maybe put a disclaimer on it: "This reputation occurs in 2409".

Maybe it doesn't even need a peaceful solution - it just needs something that makes us feel the story reached an actual conclusion, like "Why are the Tholians busy with Nukura and Azura, and why we don't need to wage a full-scale war against them"...

(and if we want a mean reply: is Nukura even up to STO's quality standards these days or does it need an update like Exploration Clusters recieved?) ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now something that was put in at the very start of the game, but never made into working condition was the PvP Zone on Andoria. This appears to be intended as a melee/bare fist open combat zone for all out brawling. It would also be a good location to move Q's Winter Wonderland to during the Event Season...
  • Options
    tribblenationtribblenation Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please bring back the hourly events. I have to say this was the worst and most unnecessary removal from the game imho.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Please don't rant about bugfixing here..

Was just about to say it, but ok fair enough...

Narrowed to just one:

PvP Balance.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    getsgreasedgetsgreased Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I suspect it's counter to the new monetary model for STO, but the Fabricate Prototype Console was a great DOFF mission. Today, it's Mark XII rewards are worthless in the ramped up Mark XIV universe, but it would be great if it returned to relevance with Mark XIV awards.

Prototypes 2 levels lower than top levels is pretty silly.

For players who can't afford the upgrade mechanisms, especially with so much luck required after investment of upgrades and Dilithium, it would provide alternative for an occasional boost.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More incentive for doing STF Ques

*Resources

Random chance of Very Rares,Rares,Uncommon/common being higher then usual
    Chance of dropping very rares on normal modes for those who don't play the other levels.
    Random Borg Neural Processor (or similar) Resources dropped on normal, random chance of higher drop count then usual for Advanced and Elite modes.

*Items

Random chance of Better then average weapons and/or gear drops upon completion

*Energy Credits

More EC at the end of the Ques.
    (Not sure how it would impact incentives but it's an idea none the less.)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New Romulus definitely.

Still can't believe that there is NOT a Contraband Security Officer there.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited January 2015
    Ker'rat.

This system should really be known as "The Shame of Star Trek Online." Buggy, poorly designed, ugly and largely untouched since its debut (save for a minor fix to spawn points.) I honestly think the state of Ker'rat is why PVP in STO is such an embarrassment. It's the only place to find cross-faction free form PVP ideal for newer players to get their feet wet, and... it's a complete disaster.

Borg getting stuck in world geometry. Borg getting stuck in infinite warp-in loops. Borg becoming untargetable, and orbiting the map for some reason. Phantom Borg attacking from 50km away. Whoever put this map together was on drugs. Exotic, high powered space drugs. I bet 90% of new players who enter Kerrat take one look around, puke, and never come back.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The Social battle zones including Deferi and Nukara Prime would be interesting to see revisited as well.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, if you have some diplomatic resolution with the Tholians, what happens to Nukara?

Maybe try to create a "Typhon Pact"? An Alliance of alien races opposed to the PC factions with their own agenda on how to combat the Iconian threat.

Have this Pact build a power base on Nukara Prime and the Tholians are keeping us busy while there doing super secret stuff elsewhere?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mirror Universe. They could even work within a Tholian continuation and Delta Rising. The Terran Empire could make attempts at acquiring Tholian technology to use for stealing future technology. Or the Terran Empire may not have had success with accessing the gateways to the Delta Quadrant and come to our universe to steal the technology.

A single instance PvP sector block. Each star system would be fought over by the Federation and Klingon Empire. Each system could be marked as red or blue on the map, to show which side controls it. The faction with the most systems controls the sector block. Each star system would also have to be single instance as well. I don't know if this would be feasible.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    good point,Terran Empire/Mirror Universe has not seen anything that major in like forever.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Like others pointed out, nothing happens to Nukara. We still fight Klingons, Starfleet, Romulans and Breen although all these conflicts have been ended story-wise. Nukara just takes place before the resolution of the conflict. I personally don't like the "rogue group" approach. STO is designed in a way that we as we players do not know time or space being any kind of limitation, we are in the past, present and future at the same time while playing the game.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Klingons as a faction.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Let's hope they can bring some of our ideas to the people who call the shots, and convince them that at least some of these things are worth looking into.

Hopefully the devs who make the game it's self can be given more room to do with the games structure as they see fit for improving it.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finish New Romulus so I can stop making jokes about how the Republic's civilians all live in tents.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just as an FYI, Tholian Space is actually to the left of, and below Cardassian space by a good few sectors. Clearly they've infiltrated more of the alpha/beta quadrant, so that doesn't preclude content focused on them. But there was another thread talking about taking on Tholians on their home turf, and that would definitely require some new sectors/blocks.

Just a point (really more of an opinon), I know you are relying on Star Trek Star Charts, or whatever it was called, but it makes more sense to put the Tholians above Cardassian space, between the Federation and the Ferengi. Or, alternately, you could put Ferenginar down, but I like having the Tholians closer to the Romulans than the Klingons. On the other hand, a southern location would put the Ferengi closer to Farpoint Station. Either way, using the Tholians to block the Ferengi & the Federation would finally explain why the two could be so close but know so little about each other for so long (with both giving the territorial Tholians a wide berth).

Sorry, I have a lot of strong opinions on Galactic cartography.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A reappearance of the Elachi. Currently, it stands at "they made a play for mol'Rihan itself, were repulsed, and completely gave up and abandoned all actions in the area". As a story, I find that unsatisfactory, and would like later Romulan missions (maybe even shared with the other factions, the way later Fed missions have to be shared by Roms later because they don't have their own) in which the Elachi come back. Maybe new outposts start to go missing again, and you have to go see if it's Elachi, Borg, or some new threat, culminating in a renewed threat from the old fungal slavers...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There could be some teeny, tiny glimmer of hope with older content since they are slowly working their way through the arcs and giving them a good clean out. Perhaps eventually they'll get to the Defera arc and give that a seeing to as well - especially that Borg ground zone, that can certainly do with some BZ treatment.
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Please don't rant about bugfixing here, I'm talking about the content as it's supposed to work.

In my blog (in my sig)...I've made an effort to use only existing content to make something new, thus minimizing actual work for the Devs. But NONE of these have been, or ever will be, implemented.

Thus why I quit doing it.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    prometheusnxprometheusnx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    Klingons as a faction.

Romulans as a faction would be nice as well...
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Exploration .
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    darthanaxesdarthanaxes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More undine content would be nice storyline based for the kdf faction as we the undine where the cause of the war with tye gorn hegmony
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More undine content would be nice storyline based for the kdf faction as we the undine where the cause of the war with tye gorn hegmony
    That happened back in 2399, when one of the Klingons (Ja'rod, I think) caught an Undine trying to replace him; under interrogation, the Undine revealed their thorough penetration of the upper echelons of the Hegemony, leading to the Klingon attack.

That's part of the backstory for why the Federation and the Empire are fighting as the game opens, too. The Empire reached out to the Federation for support in their war against the Hegemony, and were rebuffed; the Chancellor concluded that the Federation Council and Starfleet Command were infiltrated as well. (He wasn't far wrong...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New Romulus, my Reman toon lives in the lower district, my Romulan male toon has a cabin in the Isha forest, and my Romulan female toon lives in the city. We need more to this place and like starswordc said: It seems like republic Romulans live in tents. As well as the Tholians. And we need to see how the Terran Empire, Im sorry, the Terran FEDERATION stealing the orb has to do with the storyline as well as a revamp to the cardassian struggle arc including the Breen arc as well. And where's Q when were not farting around his winter wonderland? Have him contribute by bringing out a revamped "State of Q".
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,103 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    New Romulus, my Reman toon lives in the lower district, my Romulan male toon has a cabin in the Isha forest, and my Romulan female toon lives in the city. We need more to this place and like starswordc said: It seems like republic Romulans live in tents. As well as the Tholians. And we need to see how the Terran Empire, Im sorry, the Terran FEDERATION stealing the orb has to do with the storyline as well as a revamp to the cardassian struggle arc including the Breen arc as well. And where's Q when were not farting around his winter wonderland? Have him contribute by bringing out a revamped "State of Q".

Submit yourself for 2 hours in the agony booth. We're the Second Terran Empire! :P

P.S. Cryptic? Which is it? They're refereed to as both the Terran Empire & Terran Federation in game.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!