test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What seemingly abandoned content would you like to see revisited/continued?

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
Please don't rant about bugfixing here, I'm talking about the content as it's supposed to work.

I always wondered why STO never expanded the Deferi story arc. The reason for that is that I personally like the Deferi for the fact that they are a original Cryptic creation and thus would offer many possibilities to explore stories with them without drastically interfering with Trek content. Prior to LoR I still had hopes that the Deferi will get a playable subfaction, before they decided to rewrite and completely turn Romulans upsde down. It would have made a lot more sense to me.

Also I would like the Tholian arc to be expanded. The Tholians are an interesting faction that was shown on-screen to not be your run-of-the-mill villian. We could discover what they're up to, maybe even discover that we pursue the same goals, but with different means. In any case, I feel that the Tholians were just forgotten, especially with the new expansion which adds tons of other factions only to let them appear as token-references to the shows in a single mission dialogue box.

EDIT: Of course, others mentioned it, I'd like the Exploration mechanic back. It was the main selling point of the game for me.
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New Romulus.

I want a city about 3/4 the size of Qo'noS divided into three districts - civilian/entertainment, military, and Reman Quarter, in total containing all the amenities of a faction hub like aforementioned Qo'noS or ESD.

Along with this I'd like to see some things added for Romulans to bring them more in-line with the other factions, such as a Rom-exclusive set of armor with ground visuals in the vein of the MACO/KHG sets.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Given PVP is out of the question here, I suppose it would have to be things like Starbase 24, Gorn Minefield and the like, it would be nice to have similar scenarios for other more recent races, although Starbase 24 is more important because it has a tendency to bring my FPS down to single figures when it gets busy, it would be nice to make these things give out an amount of exp in addition to their current rewards.

On the subject of this sort of content, it would be nice to have more fleet engagement type content, certainly in the Klingon war arc.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PVP

Klingon Faction.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to see Nimbus III updated and added to.

It was the one of the best parts of the story content in my opinion and it only really get used at very low levels. The actual map is well build and full of potential.
    I'd love to see a reason to revisit the place at higher levels, maybe some form of PVE or PVP combat in the area like in the mission.
    Or the possibility of a less honest mini-faction to join if you feel the need to go freelance/pirate rather than follow your faction's rule book.

Also the Tholians really do need more attention given to them. They are just generic bad guys at the moment with a bunch of very minor roles in some missions and PVE queues. How about adding a couple of missions to give them more depth?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to see every single patrol in the game give the same payout at completion. None of this "let's make patrols in the Delta Quadrant pay out double to manipulate players into using that content" nonsense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tholian content, I think. It seems we were left hanging after Nukura and the occassional mention regarding New Romulus.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mol'Rhian (New Romulus) and the Tholian Arc (which doesn't necessarily have to interlink). There was a lot of potential to have with the release of the Tholians, and it seemingly went nowhere. Same can probably be said for the Elachi (to a lesser extent though).

I don't, nor will I care for the Delta Quadrant content. Few of those species ever interested me.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PvP and balance. They're a distant memory that I can recall only if I focus and think back hard.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What Flash just said.

Expand on the Tholians, give them their own story arc. In one of the Romulan Rep cut scenes (Tier 3) One of the Tholians refere to something called the "Nukara Prime Incident"

So mabye a mission set on Nukara Prime, after Temporal Ambassador.

Maybe this is how we design the Odyssey Class? We find the Mirror one held there, take the design or maybe the ship itself? (the latter of course would result in the Tholians finding another one.) then build our own?

Or you know...

Iconians.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Klingon content in general, New Romulus, the Cardassian Struggle (which is in DIRE need of a revamp), and last, but certainly not least, the Breen, who haven't seen any major content featuring them since the Deferi arc.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Expand New Romulus (access to the city for everyone, add stuff to do), and the Romulan (add an academy, security officer on the hub...).

Otherwise, I would like them to do something for DR. Remove the patrol filler, add another story arc instead,...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I want more 'To Boldly Go', and less generic pew-pew.

I really liked the nebula exploration daily, and I liked having the nebulae as separate maps. It was quiet in there, you could take some time to think. Too many areas in STO are non-stop 'woosh woosh frazzle pop' with the dorky arcade-style sound effects that PW seems to think will excite us.

I want to be respected again, and treated like a player. I saw that quote from the former CIA weenie, about how "if you're not paying a subscription, you're not the customer, you're the product". The thing is I do pay my monthly sub, but I get treated like the product anyhow, and it sucks wet dogfarts.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ponies.

/10char
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Queues!

Just imagine a full list of rewarding and challenging cool maps available which everybody would like to run because the reward/effort/risk ratio actually fits and gives enough players an incentive to queue up and meet other likeminded players for fun and play.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I suggested this idea many, many moons ago, and I think it would be a shot to the arm for this game.

They need to spend a lot of time making new gear. LOTS of it. It has to be balanced against what already exists, but it needs to be different. This gear needs to be randomly dropped in particular areas, such as piece X can only drop during story arc Y AND in sector space Z. This gear should be bound to account. The chance to drop should receive a +1.5% chance to drop for every player in your group whilst doing story missions. Additionally, rewards for queued missions needs to be boosted.

Why? The prospect of earning gear will fill up queues. It will encourage players to do the older stories again with other players. Why do I think this will work?

Because players love new shinies. If you injected 50 sets in to the game, it will be a buzz.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I suggested this idea many, many moons ago, and I think it would be a shot to the arm for this game.

They need to spend a lot of time making new gear. LOTS of it. It has to be balanced against what already exists, but it needs to be different. This gear needs to be randomly dropped in particular areas, such as piece X can only drop during story arc Y AND in sector space Z. This gear should be bound to account. The chance to drop should receive a +1.5% chance to drop for every player in your group whilst doing story missions. Additionally, rewards for queued missions needs to be boosted.

Why? The prospect of earning gear will fill up queues. It will encourage players to do the older stories again with other players. Why do I think this will work?

Because players love new shinies. If you injected 50 sets in to the game, it will be a buzz.

You forget, however, that players also demand instant gratification. STO has become a unbelievable boring window-shopping tour in regard to item for that very reason.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You forget, however, that players also demand instant gratification. STO has become a unbelievable boring window-shopping tour in regard to item for that very reason.

True, after firing hundred thousands of dil throw at the upgrade system new and probably better mk12 gear accessible in the future waiting to be upgrated as well is not quiet on top of my wish list. :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It would be nice if they would actually put in more T6 faction ships for KDF and Romulan players. A science ship especially since both those factions don't have anything near what the Fed faction had even before DR.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ds9 stories, the true way, the gamma quadrant...
    The DS9 STF (or FE whatever it was called...)

oh and terradome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    Just as an FYI, Tholian Space is actually to the left of, and below Cardassian space by a good few sectors. Clearly they've infiltrated more of the alpha/beta quadrant, so that doesn't preclude content focused on them. But there was another thread talking about taking on Tholians on their home turf, and that would definitely require some new sectors/blocks.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, Tholian Space is actually to the left of, and below Cardassian space by a good few sectors. Clearly they've infiltrated more of the alpha/beta quadrant, so that doesn't preclude content focused on them. But there was another thread talking about taking on Tholians on their home turf, and that would definitely require some new sectors/blocks.

I want mostly a continuation of the storyline and some kind of resolution. That doesn't have to involve invading Tholian space. In fact, it shouldn't - some diplomatic solution would be preferable.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I want mostly a continuation of the storyline and some kind of resolution. That doesn't have to involve invading Tholian space. In fact, it shouldn't - some diplomatic solution would be preferable.

I agree. Would be nice to not kill anything for a change :D But more Tholian content would be appreciated. Because I find them intereting, mind you, not because I want to shoot them thousand times more :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bring back the sto fictional alien races from the exploration dailies. give em a larger purpose beyond a cameo in hessans bar on nimbus.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015

So, if you have some diplomatic resolution with the Tholians, what happens to Nukara?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i would like to see the defari borg battle-zone updated, since pve pugs are now pot luck, everyone is going to battle-zones, not complaining i personally love the fact that new Romulus, nukara and dyson is getting more action.

but defari is just abandoned, most don't know about it, and it even uses the old crafting system. i would love for it to get some care.

i would like to say this, the game may be full of bugs, but they have left the story arcs so open to move in any direction.

i would like to see what they plan on doing when they are finished with delta
    nerf.jpg]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So, if you have some diplomatic resolution with the Tholians, what happens to Nukara?

a rogue operation not officially endorsed by the assembly. extremists if you like that are attempting disaster. the usual bad guy bringing doom to a galaxy for their own means and the good guys yet again save the day in a giant diplomatic test? who knows.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.