test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus XP Weekend [1/15 – 1/19]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Delta Alliance has doubled their efforts to give Captains the necessary experience to deal with the Delta Quadrant. You'll be able to enjoy twice the experience this coming weekend!

Read more here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Delta Alliance has doubled their efforts to give Captains the necessary experience to deal with the Delta Quadrant. You'll be able to enjoy twice the experience this coming weekend!

Read more here.

~LaughingTrendy

Perfect! Was going to start a new captain this weekend
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep, had to get the weekend in before doing any of the XP adjustments you guys have talked about... /facepalm
  • Options
    pwesucks2pwesucks2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (sigh of relief) Thank you! Now it wont be a horrible grind for that last level, I don't mind the pew pew patrols, but having to to do 30 of them + some STFs just to get level gets a little old. Might even get some double xp on my Sci guy and finally get him in on some Delta Quadrant action. :)
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep, had to get the weekend in before doing any of the XP adjustments you guys have talked about... /facepalm

Just a happy coincidence
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I felt a disturbance in the Argala system, as if millions of Kazons were killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    I feel a disturbance in the Argala system, as if millions of Kazons were killed.

Run Gerren, Save the Kazon!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    I felt a disturbance in the Argala system, as if millions of Kazons were killed.

Now if they'd just fit that teaming bug with Argala...
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gonna run a lot of doff assignments this weekend... A lot...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the state of play these days, this "event" needs to be run "every" weekend.

Just saying.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    With the state of play these days, this "event" needs to be run "every" weekend.

Just saying.

The "fan club" thinks it is great, but we are still getting less XP than we were normally before Delta Rising. See how that worked, they fell for it. Gullible.
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pwesucks2 wrote: »
    (sigh of relief) Thank you! Now it wont be a horrible grind for that last level, I don't mind the pew pew patrols, but having to to do 30 of them + some STFs just to get level gets a little old. Might even get some double xp on my Sci guy and finally get him in on some Delta Quadrant action. :)

So you are saying they should not do content and just do patrol missions???? You are the reason they will keep doing them instead of content. /facepalm
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    worth a lol
  • Options
    leptoon3rsleptoon3rs Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    karcorner wrote: »
    The "fan club" thinks it is great, but we are still getting less XP than we were normally before Delta Rising. See how that worked, they fell for it. Gullible.

Oh really? I can level a toon from 1 to 50 with episode missions just like I could three years ago. Every mission is a level, just like three years ago. 50 to 60 takes between one and two missions per level. EXP rates have not changed. If anything, they've been increased.
    karcorner wrote: »
    So you are saying they should not do content and just do patrol missions???? You are the reason they will keep doing them instead of content. /facepalm

Well if that one person has any sort of influence over what PWE does to STO, you should talk to them more! ;)
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic,

I personally find grinding to get skills, especially when I have several characters, painful. Personally, one of the reasons I have not completed all the new missions with Delta Rising, is due to all the grinding I have to do, to get to the next level. The missions for Delta Rising, should have given enough experience points, to put you to the next level, without needing to grind.

Regardless, I am excited for the weekend, as I might actually play now, as it has some merit, being able to level quicker. However, I would suggest that this kind of bonus lasts until the actual 5th Anniversary release, not just a weekend.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Where the hell IS Gerren anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    leptoon3rs wrote: »
    EXP rates have not changed. If anything, they've been increased.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

Please back that up with numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    leptoon3rs wrote: »
    Oh really? I can level a toon from 1 to 50 with episode missions just like I could three years ago. Every mission is a level, just like three years ago. 50 to 60 takes between one and two missions per level. EXP rates have not changed. If anything, they've been increased.

What game have you been playing?? ever heard of specializations?? No they take 10x argala patrols to get 1..

So is this just a ploy for us to grind more argala? the metrics demand it? I want Argala exp ACROSS the game and argala needs to be 3x permanently to be worth ever visiting again truly..
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lovely, to compensate for the "1/3 XP from now on" patch, we get a double XP event for a weekend once every couple months! Earn amounts previously unimaginable!*

*(Disclaimer: Actual gained XP on XP event weekend may vary and still constitutes only 2/3 of previously gained XP.)

Yeah, err, when do we get rewarding (in this case: in XP) content back? :rolleyes:
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jon1238jon1238 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmmmm,anybody else getting a bad feeling from the wording of the event?Notice it says skillpoints and exp.It does NOT say spec points.Bets on this doing nothing for 50+?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Lovely, to compensate for the "1/3 XP from now on" patch, we get a double XP event for a weekend once every couple months! Earn amounts previously unimaginable!*

To compensate? Nice narrative but unfortunately for you these bonus XP events existed prior to DR's changes to the level progression.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    To compensate? Nice narrative but unfortunately for you these bonus XP events existed prior to DR's changes to the level progression.

They did. It's a sad state of affairs now though - even during a double XP weekend we won't be getting the same rewards we would get on a normal day prior to Delta Rising's XP adjustments. You know, the adjustments we were told would not affect anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The Weekend has been on the Calendar since December, maybe even Novemeber
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jon1238 wrote: »
    Hmmmm,anybody else getting a bad feeling from the wording of the event?Notice it says skillpoints and exp.It does NOT say spec points.Bets on this doing nothing for 50+?

"Specialization points" are used to claim new specialization powers. After 51 skill points are still called skill points.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You didn't get my post was sarcastic. (Did you read the disclaimer?)

Though you're right, I forgot to cram that line in the disclaimer: "Weekend XP Events were actually added prior to the nerf, thus they can't compensate for XP loss. Cryptic and PWE cannot be liable for any confusion created by the usage of the word 'compensate'." :rolleyes:
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Uh Experience/Skillpoints are what you use to get Spec points.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    They did. It's a sad state of affairs now though - even during a double XP weekend we won't be getting the same rewards we would get on a normal day prior to Delta Rising's XP adjustments. You know, the adjustments we were told would not affect anything?

Yah, so what? Its a fault of the original change, not this event. The double XP weekend will exist under either approach to the leveling system. It isn't relevant to that discussion and by that same token the discussion about the XP update isn't relevant to the double XP weekend.

Sure, the two are still connected through the medium of skill points, but a tangent about international approaches to the weekend would be just as productive here (using a connection that's part of the other aspect of this event. Connections are everywhere, and unless there's a relevant point to be had besides "I'm still angry" its best to try a more focused approach to commentary.)

Its not an invitation to beat the horse again, this event is just an incidental bonus to what you're earning in the game as it is now. Want to change the game as it is now? Tackle the issue directly, don't try to shoe-horn the item into other topics (it smacks of personal vendettas and desparation, which is oh-so-easy to dismiss.)
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yay, now I might just level that half a level bar up to 60... As it was I was about to just quit entirely. Still about 5 normal Argala runs, but not AS bad as it was.

I'll also be able to level my KDF alt even faster, though I'll probably stop at about level 52 for him unless XP gets un-nerfed.
  • Options
    jon1238jon1238 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Specialization points" are used to claim new specialization powers. After 51 skill points are still called skill points.

tuskin67 wrote: »
    Uh Experience/Skillpoints are what you use to get Spec points.

Hope you're both right.Still have a bad feeling considering you see the phrase "spec points" when you lvl post 50.you don't see any mention of exp.We'll soon see.

As for Skill points.As far as I know,only useful for training boffs(for now),reps,and fleets.

Wait,do I have that backwards?Is it exp or skillpoints used to train boffs?[laugh]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hope you're both right.Still have a bad feeling considering you see the phrase "spec points" when you lvl post 50.you don't see any mention of exp.We'll soon see.

As for Skill points.As far as I know,only useful for training boffs(for now),reps,and fleets.

Wait,do I have that backwards?Is it exp or skillpoints used to train boffs?[laugh]

I checked it in game when I posted. I'm not sure about the system log but doffing still refers to "skill points" as skill points and so does that little purple text pop up you see whenever you earn them. And the specialization system refers to "specialization points" as those points you spend on new abilities in Intel, Commando, and Pilot.

I really would not worry about this aspect to the weekend.

As for boffs, those take expertise. Skill points count towards your leveling.

Its an arbitrary distinction in any case (both just refer to some quantity of "ability" that you earn for boffs and player characters, I would have just called it player skill and officer skill) but whatever they're called a 1/2 reduction to grinding per level this weekend is in order.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    The Weekend has been on the Calendar since December, maybe even Novemeber

Yes, it has been a fixed date. Rolling out the XP changes? Not a fixed date, right? Perhaps I should have been more clear, the complaint wasn't about the date of the Bonus XP Weekend...as it was that they're rolling out the XP changes after the weekend. They waited for that...

Oh, and another fun tidbit that some folks may have overlooked - thinking this will be a good way to rack up something to prepare for the new Command Specialization. We're capped at 60 Spec Points...you can't earn more than that.