• Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh, interesting...

In before the lock.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    I was wondering what people were talking about ;)
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why are you attacking this person?
  • Options
    biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can someone TL;DR it? I mean I did read it but I still have no clue what the heck I just read.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bierstein wrote: »
    Can someone TL;DR it? I mean I did read it but I still have no clue what the heck I just read.

A guy named Ryan fell in love with someone named Jena. They had a baby named Zu. Zu turned out to want to not be a child but a piece of fruit so Zu became an apple. Jena not happy did nothing and Ryan was Ryan.

Did I get it right?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    edit: Probably best not to contribute to a thread like this in any fashion - even a jovial one.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Was the video link demonstrating what I thought it was demonstrating?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Was the video link demonstrating what I thought it was demonstrating?

I didnt open it, what were you thinking?
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it's something about the OP getting spanked by someone in PvP so now OP is crying
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    edit: Probably best not to contribute to a thread like this in any fashion - even a jovial one.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Trout slapping. Terran euphemisms escape me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,121 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Name and Shame thread due to the fact that names and account names were given. And from a single post Forum Account.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is the boiled down version for you. He accuses RyanSTO of cheating by using more than one of a unique console. Apparently the fact that in Ryan's video he doesn't show his ship layout screen, combined with the fact that this guy can't do the same DPS, is proof of this cheating. Several of us then have a good laugh at his expense. He insists that we must do another run and make a video for him otherwise we are cheating and using more than one console. He also admits he has never used the Nadeon console, which is the one he is going on about, so he has no idea how its animation normally plays. We don't really give 2 ****s about this moron and continue to have some good amusement at his expense.

He then proceeds to post this on the forums in violation of the flaming & trolling and naming & shaming policies, as well as posting a video link which details exactly how to perform an exploit. I am sure this will end well for him.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even if one COULD equip two identical "1 equip only" items, would they not share the cd timer once one was tripped?

It sounds more like someone got their butts handed to them and now wants to cry about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can I have the two minutes it took me to read the ops post back? What a waste of web space.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The grammar is atrocious and I'm not referring to the German.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shouldn't this be in thre PvP forum anyway?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Clarification Post:

Ryan tells us on TS that someone from the German forums had discovered "how we cheated", had made video about it, and had spammed/replied to all the comments in Ryan's youtube account.

When Ryan went to investigate what was going on he discovered this. So apparently whatever this person was doing on Ryan's youtube tripped something with Google and got his account suspended.

Ryan did a little more digging and came up with a name@handle for the user which he passed on to us.

This person was not in any of the DPS channels but we figured he had to have some kind of alt account.

So i decided to drop some bait, see my comments in the 10k channel that the OP quoted.

lo and behold i get PMed a short while later by someone with the exact same name that Ryan had passed on to me.

To cut this story down in size significantly. Here is what happened:

1. OP discovers and Exploit with the loadout system.
    2. OP accuses Ryan and the other DPSers of using this exploit because (get this):
    A) Ryan's Nadeon consoles shoots out 6 Nadeon bombs...
    B) Ryan doesn't show his ship build in his video...
    3. OP goes on a tangent and gets his own youtube account suspended.
    4. OP decides to troll the DPSers and gets laughed at.
    5. OP gets mad and makes a forum post about the whole thing, well... he left out a lot of fine details. ;)

Lets ignore the facts that Ryan provides not only his build, and his parses; He also has a bloody video where you can see exactly what he is doing. you would think that if he was cheating somebody would have seen him use multiple Nadeon bomb consoles right?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    Even if one COULD equip two identical "1 equip only" items, would they not share the cd timer once one was tripped?

It sounds more like someone got their butts handed to them and now wants to cry about it...

They do, or at least that's what happened when I (completely accidentally) ended up with two of a unique item equipped.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Additional Clarification:

Yes i am John#numbers. I'm also porchsong and Ryan. Sometimes i'm also Felisean. Most of the time I'm the above poster FuturePastNow.

:P
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    additional Clarification:

Yes I Am John#numbers. I'm Also Porchsong And Ryan. Sometimes I'm Also Felisean. Most Of The Time I'm The Above Poster Futurepastnow.

:p

Kaboom.

M I N D B L O W N.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seems legit.

And, by "legit," I mean business as usual. An original take on the "You're ruining the game by doing x" theme, though.

Well played, OP. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Yes i am John#numbers. I'm also porchsong and Ryan. Sometimes i'm also Felisean. Most of the time I'm the above poster FuturePastNow.

I feel left out a bit - why arent you me as well?

And I was in the runs with ryans bomb just watch te vid its all open up.

The OP just cant handle the fact he does no dps and we do so hes trolling and noone really cares.

Basically a really sad story.

Oh und falls du kackboon das hier liest - arm - ganz sch
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Whatever voice altering program you use on ts3 to be all these people at once is obviously an exploit.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    Whatever voice altering program you use on ts3 to be all these people at once is obviously an exploit.

17x more voices than anyone else :D
This discussion has been closed.