test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tracking Down Arc Layover ZEN Purchasing Bugs

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Hailing all Captains!

Are you experiencing problems purchasing ZEN through the in-game Arc Layover?

We need your help tracking down repro steps and specific details that can help us understand, identify and address this issue.

If you have had a problem with the interface crashing mid-transaction, or not accepting your CC info, please report here with the full details of your experience.

Thanks for the help everyone and sorry for the bug trouble!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    report here with the full details of your experience.

Except maybe omit your CC details from public reports. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • cobra5000cobra5000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -ISSUE PARTIALLY RESOLVED-

There was no notification that the STO account servers were undergoing maintenance, of which was the main cause of my issue, BUT the ARC Launcher still crashes. The ARC website has no such issue for me.

Umm.

My problem might be a little different than what you are inferring, but I can't redeem my recently purchased ARC/PWE prepaid Zen cards for Zen.

Even if I was able to redeem it, it only gives me the option to transfer it to other PWE games but not STO.

-Edit-
    The interface on the ARC Launcher is also crashing, and causing me to end the program and restart it. Website seems to not crash, but above problems still persist
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    On the purchase page I can only select the amount I want to purchase, the select which payment method is always greyed out now. First time i've had this problem.
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am an older and slower person here and I have never seen such BS as I have with Star Treak Online going from Cryptic to PWI now this.

And now they are offering a lifetime sub; if you ask me this game is gonna get trashed someday and even tho the lifetime sub is fairly lucrative I worry that this game is gonna die; even tho I like it mostly because of travelling thru space and the foundry.

I am updating my game account now; an I going to have to start this game using an arcgames starter running in thwe background like another program I cant remember it keeps track of what games you play and how long you are on them.

Now the gaming industry is all about information tracking; we gamers are nothing but money sinks it is getting as bad as gambling and in a sense now MMO gaming is just that: a form of gambling; Star Wars Galaxies, one of the best games around, was a prime example; a game you would never think would go - and yet its gone - all those players hard work half of which I never even came close to...serious I wonder what appened to those people and wonder if they are porting to Star Citizen; they offer you to buy a ship to fund; then I find out that over level 5 areas ships are not insured !

So people there will have to fork over more real money to play that game or grind probly 6 months just to buy a ship.

I paid $200 for a lifetime at LOTRO the best MMO in my opinion and worth every penny more or less; and I get 500 virt coins a month over there; and now they probly have a store I dunno what is MMO gaming coming to and why cant they stay with the companies that make them; so game makers are selling out like Cryptic did; early and we the fans get the low end of the stick cause we are flat broke.

Yes I know we all have choices; fine; but I have never had so much problems with acount management in any MMO than I have here; now I have to deal with more issues at home.

I like games with creativity and STO has it with the Foundry - PLEASE keep this Foundry updated; this is the main reason I play STO and I dont need a lifetime SUB to do it.

I forked $100 to this game so I could have my endgame ships; lets hope I dont lose my money again like I did last year because PWI customer service have the skills of fourth graders and dont speak let alone understand basic english; do we have ARC games Customer Service now; where am I supposed to find out about what is going on with this game.

I am an avid Foundry author it would be a shame to lose me; it is sad enough as it is my wife is battling a second round of cancer and I have been very upset lately; this is one of the few MMOs I play for reasons already mentioned.

Hawkeyez
  • troybirt21troybirt21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so i decided to buy zen for the first time today after a few years of playing love the game .. sadly i cant buy zen because when i choose the amount i want and click on the payment method i then put it for sto and for holodeck then i click proceed and it takes me back to the first screen with an error message that reads ;;:ERROR order is not correctly generated unable to proceed.....
    it doesnt allow me to enter any payment information, sooo any one got any ideas
  • colddeadmeatcolddeadmeat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    can not buy ZEN just keep getting this message insead of going to paypal site

"Error: Order is not correctly generated. Unable to continue."
  • troybirt21troybirt21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seems to be a ongoing issue but getting help from arc is like getting blood from a stone, been looking for a while now for fix but doesnt seem to be one .. post a ticket thing with them maybe if they get enough they will sort the issue
  • captainhook2000captainhook2000 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why is it not possible to pay with Ideal anymore ?
    If you wanna sell in Europe , use Ideal.
    Live with the Romans be a Roman.
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't transfer my Zen to the game's holodeck sever. When I go to the Select Server tab, all I get is "No Character." What the hell is up with that? PLEASE FIX THIS! I don't want to lose my money.
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, WOW cant transfer my zen from my wallet!!! so i goto arc website support page to submit a ticket to get help and i get an error from the website "This page has a Redirect Loop" www.arcgames.com/supportredirect/app/ask?returnTo=0&error=1/pblahblahblah. What in the heck??? how can your support website be down but your game be up? yes i know different servers. but really why arc? thats ok, not like i was going to buy a lifetime sub or anything. or was i ?? guess arc wont find out because the support website is down. you know what i have been doing today? waiting for sto to get patched then waiting for the servers to be fixed, now its 8 pm eastern time. and the game works but dont feel like playing it anymore. since i cant get my zen, its not just that its the same content over and over and over. sorry for venting, but felt like to me anyways that arc took a "Blank" on me today. again sorry for venting but isnt this the place to vent? this is a forum right? i would vent to a support website but i cant its broken too.
  • adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tried buying some zen earlyer using my mobile everything seemed fine
    i selected the amount i was wanting and then selected ( boku ).
    but after that i noticed there was no options to select mobile payment only
    Skrill, paypal or visa. i also tried zong as well :confused: i would have tried Allopass
    but its not on the list which is strange as iv used that one a few times before
  • sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've had two issues purchasing Zen in-game this week. The first is that I tried using a TD Bank Visa Gift Card and despite the information being entered in correctly, I would continually receive a Card Number Field error. After giving up and switching to a regular Visa, that went through, but after my $100 purchase (10000 zen) that included a bonus (600 zen) for a total of 10600 zen per my ARC transaction history, when I am redirected to the PWE My Wallet screen to transfer the zen into STO, only 10000 zen is showing with the 600 bonus zen missing in action. Ticket #141219-000280 submitted.
  • aphelion134aphelion134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had the same issue but for a slight difference. After I tried using my visa card to try and buy zen for blacklight retribution, it told me that the credit field was incorrect. At first I didn't mind but it turns out it successfully charged my accounts (tried a different card during the error) I check my Blacklight and no Zen has been received. Ticket open, waiting for a response.
  • adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    decided to have another go at purchasing some zen but this time the mobile billing option is gone guess ill just keep my money then and use it for another game :(
  • karmaa35karmaa35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So today I went to buy some Zen for family as a late Christmas gift. The first 2 went just fine, but when I did the next 2 I got that error with my cc info, I have put in a ticket but have yet to hear back on it. i am a little upset since the sell ends tomorrow and not every one may get the bonus zen. Has this happened to anyone else today. I have been looking all over for information about this.
  • shadoekinshadoekin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I started playing the game a week ago and I must say as a fan of Star Trek I was rather pleased with the game. My Romulan Engineer hit level 50 and I wanted to get a new ship as well as support the developers so I decided to buy Zen from the store since I realized there was a sale going.

First of all, buying Zen doesn't work in game. I get to the part where it tells me to choose a game and Star Trek Online isn't even in the drop box selection. After searching for answers, I finally managed to buy my Zen from the Perfect World site. Mind you this was after careful calculation of how much Zen I needed to buy all that I wanted with the sale prices.

HOWEVER, I find out that even after making my credit card payment, I WILL NOT BE CREDITED ANY ZEN PENDING REVIEW. As a new player who decided to subscribe to the game and sink some money into it, this is very somewhat bad form on the part of Cryptic. This is what it feels like:

Cryptic: Hi, would you like to get new ships at a discounted price? We have a time-sensitive sale going!
    Me: Sure!
    Cryptic: You just need to purchase the Zen you need to purchase those ships at the discounted price.
    Me: Ok, I just made payments, can I get my ships now?
    Cryptic: Sorry but it will take a few days to process your Zen purchase. But by that time the sale will be over and you need to purchase more Zen and buy those ships at their regular price.
    Me: ??!? I am afraid this is an example of a bait & switch type scam.

Dear whoever is in charge, PLEASE allow players who made credit card purchase of Zen within the sale period to still be eligible to buy the ships as the sales prices. It's not the player's fault that the Zen is witheld and it is taking forever to process things.
  • dizzydevildizzydevil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    adshadow wrote: »
    decided to have another go at purchasing some zen but this time the mobile billing option is gone guess ill just keep my money then and use it for another game :(

i contacted ARC support and this is the response i got from them

Subject
    purchase of zen via mobile

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Raheron) 01/12/2015 12:11 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand you are inquiring about purchasing Zen via mobile options.

Unfortunately, Perfect World Entertainment is no longer accepting payments using Boku and Zong. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change. We strongly encourage you to try another available method of payment on our charge page.

Thank you for your understanding and continued patronage.

Regards,
    Raheron
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

so it looks like from now on they are only taking card payments as an option
  • hiraczonhiraczon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well if they are no longer accepting payments via mobile options they are no longer getting any money from me. they can "strongly encourage" me to try another payment all they like it isnt going to happen! very annoyed :mad:
  • doom666doomdoom666doom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thursday we bought for 19.99 euros and zen dodnešního zen me coming but my money from my account gone. where they are, and how will I get if I does not suppor on 2 days ago
  • cptzandricptzandri Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well well let me see here i cant event get to the part where it will let me put in my cc info instead i get asked to log in a bunch of times. i'm sitting here thinking wtf do you want my money or not!
  • herachristherachrist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cannot purchase Zen through Firefox, IE or the Arc browser -- every time I try to advance to the credit card step, it gives me an error message saying:

"There was a problem with the game/server you selected. Please clear your cache and try again."

Needless to say I cleaned out Firefox and IE's caches, tried them both, made sure they're both the current versions, disabled addons, rebooted my machine, tried the Arc browser, etc.
  • dominiuz0dominiuz0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I made a purchase via arc today and received the charge error screen, however my card was definitely charged. I am unable to access any support links via arc or the direct website, or find any other location to report this.
  • furzilla1furzilla1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dominiuz0 wrote: »
    I made a purchase via arc today and received the charge error screen, however my card was definitely charged. I am unable to access any support links via arc or the direct website, or find any other location to report this.

same thing happened to me i ran it got a cc error checked the purchase history to be sure nothing so i tried again guess what both went thru. got billed for 40.00 only got the zen for 1 of them . cant find a link to report this to them and atleast get the zen for the other 20.00 they got any idea's?:mad:
  • leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    furzilla1 wrote: »
    same thing happened to me i ran it got a cc error checked the purchase history to be sure nothing so i tried again guess what both went thru. got billed for 40.00 only got the zen for 1 of them . cant find a link to report this to them and atleast get the zen for the other 20.00 they got any idea's?:mad:
    Same here.
    i tried first card , got error message, checked transaction log : no charges. Tried second card : got error message, checked transaction log it said denied.
    Checked my first card transactions : it was charged by PWE same amount SEVEN TIMES....?
    Second card indicated that PWE transaction was cancelled by vendor.
    Still Nothing on my ARC account and still nothing in ARC transaction log. Now my first card was put on hold and i have to straiten everything out. Cryptic you need to straiten the billing system with PWE it costing you money and making your paying customers unhappy. I'd like to support the Game but After this experience I will be very hesitant to purchase any ZEN in the future.
    support ticket #150408-000697
  • slaydrslaydr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't buy it off the website.
    Get a "c-card" problem with a card that has no problems elsewhere.
    I'm stumped.
  • markustyrelliummarkustyrellium Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am unsure what is disturbing more, the fact that this issue has been going on since 2014 perhaps longer or that it just started for me after the update and no one else has seen it.

Repro steps

1. log into game,
    2. play game
    3. See something you want to buy (Zen)
    4. Click "buy zen" from cstore ingame
    5. Sit and wonder why in the hell everything is still moving, yet the UI is no longer usable.
    6. Wait
    7. Wait some more.
    8. Still waiting.
    9. Finally an error message pops up talking about Arc Layover failure to load.
    10. Shut down STO and ARC then come back again say to hell with buying what you wanted, continue game.

here is the error report Im getting from the game itself.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Star Trek Online.exe
    Application Version: 2014.12.15.1853
    Application Timestamp: 548f9eac
    Fault Module Name: ArcOverlayStub.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 551e6bad
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000072c1
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  • deathbirds61deathbirds61 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Today I tried to buy Zen for the first time however after everything was entered the first time I chose Star Trek online and got the boot stating something was wrong with the Hollodeck (I didn't get that far) Tried it again and I gothe to the Server choice and It said theres an issue with Hollowdeck server and got kicked Not hard to see where the issue is. Please fix soon My son wants a ship for his birthday (of all things) I can't do it for him unless I can put through the card.
  • marcaptain2010marcaptain2010 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ha e tried to purchase zen multiple times over the last month, and tried various credit cards. None of it works. It keeps telling me that there is a.problem with the credit card, and something about clearing my cache, which I did, all to no avail. Way to go Cryptic, I guess you don't really want our money.
  • alonkim90alonkim90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is also not working on steam.

Please. I want to pay you.
  • beabakbeabak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just bought some Zen. Everything seemed to go through ok, but no Zen on my account in game. My bank account has been charged also. Please help!!

PS: Used ARC to purchase.

UPDATE: Been fixed. Thank you.