test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Incoming XMPP Messages missing.

Evening. Here's my problem. First time trying to set up my Trillian to chat into Cryptic's XMPP system.

Currently:

I am currently Gold status.
I can see and talk into a custom game channel just fine.
I can see all of my friends lists as well as my fleet roster.

I can not receive any messages directed at my @handle. If I have STO open and Trillian open... my game chat will pick up the message. Trillian will not.

Configuration:

username: username@crypticspace.com
password: password
Host: crypticspace.com
Port: 5222

I've opened the inbound and outbound port on my firewall for XMPP as instructed by someone else that is using it.

I have no idea why it is not receiving the messages.

Please help. :(
Post edited by limitastic on

Comments

• Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    limitastic wrote: »
    Evening. Here's my problem. First time trying to set up my Trillian to chat into Cryptic's XMPP system.

Currently:

I am currently Gold status.
    I can see and talk into a custom game channel just fine.
    I can see all of my friends lists as well as my fleet roster.

I can not receive any messages directed at my @handle. If I have STO open and Trillian open... my game chat will pick up the message. Trillian will not.

Configuration:

username: username@crypticspace.com
    password: password
    Host: crypticspace.com
    Port: 5222

I've opened the inbound and outbound port on my firewall for XMPP as instructed by someone else that is using it.

I have no idea why it is not receiving the messages.

Please help. :(

There is absolutely no way to connect Trillian into STO. You just can't.

STO uses and leases a proprietary voice engine that is not compatible with Trillian. If you need to chat ingame, I would recommend either Teamspeak or Ventrilo.
  • Options
    limitasticlimitastic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no way to connect Trillian into STO. You just can't.

STO uses and leases a proprietary voice engine that is not compatible with Trillian. If you need to chat ingame, I would recommend either Teamspeak or Ventrilo.

I am not trying to connect voice. I'm trying to connect to the text chat XMPP system, which is possible. There are quite a few people in my fleet that use it daily. ._.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    limitastic wrote: »
    I am not trying to connect voice. I'm trying to connect to the text chat XMPP system, which is possible. There are quite a few people in my fleet that use it daily. ._.

Try running STO in windowed mode instead of Fullscreen. Otherwise Trillian has the chance to be superseded by STO in process priority.

Sounds like a problem with Trillian itself, have you tried XMPP alone without STO with Trillian?
  • Options
    limitasticlimitastic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    Try running STO in windowed mode instead of Fullscreen. Otherwise Trillian has the chance to be superseded by STO in process priority.

Sounds like a problem with Trillian itself, have you tried XMPP alone without STO with Trillian?

I run STO in Windowed mode generally. Just double-checked to make sure because it's a new install.

I don't have another XMPP account except the one that I'm trying to connect to Cryptic's chat. Not sure where I'd get one to test this.

And as I posted, I can see custom chat channels as group chats. I get notifications when people log in and out. I can even send messages from Trillian. But it won't pick up any of the messages coming to my @handle. They never hit Trillian even though I'm watching them come through in-game.

Baffles me, really.