What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

breen chel gret still 1000 post patch 11/12/14

Comments

• Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I did some testing on Tribble also...

My Situation:
    1) Got Chel Gret the first year on all toons, before Rep System.
    2) Have NO DISCOUNT on any characters. All show 1000 Q-pics required.
    3) Started a Chel Gret Project last year - project currently stuck at 40/1000.

My Tribble Testing:
    1) Copied characters to Tribble that had unopened (boxed) Chel Gret in inventory. No Discount Occurred.
    2) Talked to Q using characters with unopened Chel Gret. Talked to Q on ESD, Qo'noS, New Romulus and at Winter Wonderland. No Discount Occurred.

Final Test - SUCCESS:
    1) Copied character to Tribble that had Chel Gret opened & as their current Starship. Discount Applied!

"[System] [LegacyFloaterMsg] You have unlocked an account-wide discount on the Breen Chel Grett warship!"

2) Switched to character that was stuck at 40/1000. Project was Auto-Completed at 40 Q-pics! Talking to Q was not required.

edit: Great Fix, Devs! Hope this goes live soon. Thank you!
  • Options
    xzeoxxzeox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tried everything and still cant get the discount to work. submitted a ticket to the GM's.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xzeox wrote: »
    I tried everything and still cant get the discount to work. submitted a ticket to the GM's.

On the test server, you mean? The fix hasn't been pushed to the live server yet.
  • Options
    vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well the account unlock isnt being pushed to the live server yet. But that might be a good thing. Maybe they will do us all a favor and just make it a reputation project.

Example. Claim Breen Account Discount

Costs 1 Breen Energy Dampener

Grants account wide unlock for Breen Chell Grett

And so forth for the other ship. Somebody else pitched this idea earlier. But it is a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any official time frame for this going to holodeck?.
    Was kinda hoping for it to be in Thursday's patch.
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nothing in the current patch notes about this fix being rolled out, which is a bit disappointing.

Its good that we have a partial fix, in the sense that if a player already has the Chell Gret as their current ship and talks to Q, it will unlock the account wide discount.
    (Only on Tribble - Read. Only. On. Tribble.)

But they still need a way to work it so that the kids that had the ship and discarded it can get the unlock. Would be really nice if a partial fix (see the above mentioned fix) was rolled out in the interim so that at least some of the players know that this is being addressed.

Not everyone comes to the forums or reads 10 page long threads about issues.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can we please get a decision about this soon?

I have to decide whether to use the 1000 photos and to gain another 1000.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even the partial fix would have been nice but not in today's patch notes :/. With Xmas being next Thursday is it going to be two weeks now?
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even the partial fix would have been nice but not in today's patch notes :/. With Xmas being next Thursday is it going to be two weeks now?

Unless they do an early patch like they did the week of Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vegie0 wrote: »
    Well the account unlock isnt being pushed to the live server yet. But that might be a good thing. Maybe they will do us all a favor and just make it a reputation project.

Example. Claim Breen Account Discount

Costs 1 Breen Energy Dampener

Grants account wide unlock for Breen Chell Grett

And so forth for the other ship. Somebody else pitched this idea earlier. But it is a good one.

you know that would be an easy fix... new winter event rep project... slot the console and get the ship again...

so folks who have the ship can complete this rep project and it will only unlock the very same ship on the account.
  • Options
    bobsisko47bobsisko47 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just some Feedback regarding today's fix: 100 % NOT working for me either, Chel Grett is still at 1000 Q's...
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not working for me... the title should change to the newest patch date... and not working... still not working!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here... :( not fixed.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought the whole purpose of todays patch was to fix that issue. If they can´t fix it they should extend the winter event by a month or more so beople who are on vacation over the holidays can still get the Chel Gret even if the discount does not apply.

Or they should give everyone a holiday present with 1000 Glossy pictures of Q for each Character.
    (i prefer the option about the 1000 picture present because that way i don´t have to hear the epohh lady scream and the ferengi flirting with Q anymore)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bobsisko47 wrote: »
    Just some Feedback regarding today's fix: 100 % NOT working for me either, Chel Grett is still at 1000 Q's...

umm patch notes didnt say it was fixed... check the known issue at the end of the patch notes.
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    and yet they could have just coughed up 1000 autographs on christmas day as a quest reward for doing something like poking quinn

problem there is they have no way of guaranteeing it would be used for the chel gret. I do not understand it, worked for me on Tribble, why do we have to wait for the next patch, likely next Wednesday, to fix the bloody issue?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    mrmoonsin01mrmoonsin01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would be nice if another Dev or Mod could pop in and give us an update on the situation.
  • Options
    weirdtrekie30weirdtrekie30 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just had an idea for a *REALLY* simple solution - For those who have the Chel Grett from the old system, simply find a way to send them a bound to character box with a second Chel Grett, marked in game as having being obtained via the new rep system, okay, sure users may have to make space for the new ship, but it would be a painless way of doing it that avoid the worries of the fraud of giving out 1000 Q pics. .
    Admiral Tuwud - High Commissioner, UFP Peace Corps Sigma Red
    logo%203.jpg?gid=272661&source=asset
  • Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would be nice if another Dev or Mod could pop in and give us an update on the situation.

I know right? Since it has happened to a good amount of players you would think they would post it with a big red sticky telling us if they are going to fix it or not. I don't mind if they say yes or no. I just need to know if I am wasting my time doing this race on my alt. If they say "Yes, we will do whatever we can to make this right" then I can stop doing the thing everyday.

It worked perfect for me on Tribble last night. I logged in and it said I got the account unlock right away. Wonder how many it wouldn't work for? I am sure they could go in manually and do it for those few left out. Especially if it gets the majority. Sometimes you have to do a little dirty work if you don't plan ahead when you're coding new features. I can see and understand how it got overlooked, but I can't see leaving many of us in limbo without any information. That to me is unprofessional.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    we are waiting....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They have a good fix on the test server. Just log in using a character who has the Chel Grett in their ship roster and the Account Wide Discount Unlocks. Any projects stuck at 40/1000 auto-completes. No need to talk to Q, etc.

Too bad it didn't go live this week. I suspect it won't go live next week either since patch day happens to be Christmas. Devs will be on vacation for sure.
  • Options
    he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just bought and opened the Plesh Brek raider on a character and my other two characters are still being asked to pay 1000 for it. Apparently, this is broken too?
    f86cqFw.png
  • Options
    pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got the Warship the first year. I didn't expect a discount this year on anything I got two years ago.

However, I had 440 pics left over and just managed to get the rest needed for the new ship. I got it with one of my toons BUT it has not unlocked the 40 pic option on ANY of my other toons.

I'm really disapointed with this. I'm not a huge fan of having to grind and I am not seeing anything on a fix for this. SO what am I supposed to do???? Do I have to continue grinding on the rest of my toons to get this?????? I really do not want to but m afraid now that if I don't, I won't be able to get the ship for the rest of them.

I sure would love to see a solution or response to this issue somewhere and see it soon, please. I don't mind the occasional grind for these things but now I have to continue instead of getting back to playing the rest of the game????
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I also purchased the chel gret when it was first released and have since upgradd to t5-u. To buy another still costs 1000 with all my characters, including the one I already bought it with. The discount works for the other 2 breen ships though.... disappointing to see no fixes for this after two weeks now since holiday event started.
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I unlocked the chell grett for the first time on one toon just a few days ago, so definitely not pre-rep. However, there is no sign of any form of discount. The other ships work perfectly fine though, so its just the chell for me
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Edited to make a proper bug report thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sooo ... pretty much last chance for them to fix it (or at least announce it's going to be fixed in time) ... if it's not going to be fixed (this Event) you would have to start grinding Q-Pics now... otherwise you're missing out ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    ainsylainsyl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    he11blade wrote: »
    I just bought and opened the Plesh Brek raider on a character and my other two characters are still being asked to pay 1000 for it. Apparently, this is broken too?

Same happened to me :(