test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

breen chel gret still 1000 post patch 11/12/14

Comments

• nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why cant we just fix the previous events ship's cost to 40 by default ? so only the new stuff in an event should cost like 1000
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.
    That has been our understanding of the issue since WW started.

Then comes this patch trying to fix this problem for people who went through the rep project before....
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do wonder if Cryptic perform proper Risk Analysis of these changes.

From the amount of bugs that are supposedly squashed but are not, bugs re-introduced, new features/facilities introduced that have issues (such as this), etc. I seriously doubt it.

I say this as an ex coder myself.

Before changing anything in the code base, especially in a system as complex and interactive as STO is, its imperative that a comprehensive risk analysis of the modifications be carried out!

Don't get me wrong I fully appreciate the work you guys are putting in to solve this but surely proper risk analysis would have foreseen and therefore averted this extra work, bug fixing which has diverted resources from elsewhere/other projects no doubt.

Put simply for Cryptic "it lets the side down". You guys do some amazing work. Seriously amazing, but from my own personal standpoint you let yourselves down with a lack of forward planning.
    server_hamster6.png
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jheinig wrote: »
    I have an internally-functioning update that is now able to provide the account unlock if a character already has a ship but didn't get it through an event reputation project. It is being sent to QA for testing and hopefully will be in a patch in the next week or so.
    If I deleted the ship but kept the Breen Energy Dissipator console, will it still be recognized?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I have an internally-functioning update that is now able to provide the account unlock if a character already has a ship but didn't get it through an event reputation project. It is being sent to QA for testing and hopefully will be in a patch in the next week or so.

This is fantastic news! Thank you very much for dealing with this so promptly and for giving us updates along the way. Just to be safe (because a week or so from now wont leave enough time for 25 runs) I'm going to still add an alt into my daily races until this fix goes live so that if it doesn't work I am not left with too little time haha.

Looking forward to this, thanks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thanks for making me laugh, week or so, you boys are the best :D

Just saying.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow...I know how the KDF feel with the eternal wait for their glitches to be fixed...

...oh wait, I play the KDF - so same as usual then :)
  • obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It looks like the issue is those who got the Chel Gret the first year, before the current Reputation System was designed, are the ones not getting the discount.

There's been some discussion on how we might address this, but I have no idea where that stands.

So, for now, to get the discount one has to complete the Reputation project on at least one character at the full 1000 cost. The discount is looking for the completion of that initial project. If you acquired the ship any other way than via the Reputation project, the discount will not apply. That's my understanding of the issue.

Could it be possible to offer an NPC trade in similar to how Roxy worked pre Omega Rep, that requires either the unique console from the ship or the still boxed ship and rewards the account with the unlock and then the same item returned as a reward.

Input Breen Energy Dissipator -> Reward Breen Energy Dissipator + account discount for Chel Grett @ 40 pics
    or
    Input Boxed Breen Chel Grett Warship -> Reward Boxed Breen Chel Grett Warship + account discount for Chel Grett @ 40 pics
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So how about dropping the Reset Time to 10-12 hours for this year only.

That way everybody that wants to, can get the past ship/s they want and still have enough time to acquire this years version.

Not only will that alleviate the players concerns, but it will also go a long way to bring back some of the love You've tarnished lately.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Suggestion: Set up a project to unlock the ship discount using the ship console.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Suggestion: Set up a project to unlock the ship discount using the ship console.

This seems to be the most widely suggested fix. However don't forget to make it separate from the winter event reps so you can still slot it even if all your toons are busy with other winter projects.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for your perseverance.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It'll be real interesting to see how Cryptic handles this situation.

Will Cryptic find & implement a fix so prior Chel Gretts will be recognized by the reputation system now & in the future?

Will Cryptic introduce a method to convert first year earned Chel Gretts into to reputation acknowledged Chel Gretts?

Will Cryptic just recalculate so all Chel Gretts, this year, cost 40 autographs fixing the problem with minor inconvenience to those first year earners?

Will Cryptic be in the Winter Wonderland seasonal spirit & just gift all players a Chel Grett for free quashing any troubles?

Or will Cryptic possibly keep mum about it till the end of the event & wish us all better luck next year? Besides that Q fellow, & the Ferengis, always do seem a bit stingy in the gifts department.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    same here: got the chel'grett when it came out first on my main. no discount now for my other toons :(
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thank you. I'm in the same boat (pun intended). Got the Chell Gret in 2012 on some characters (3 of which still own it) but did *not* get a Chell Gret in 2013. When Delta Rising launched I upgraded my Chell Grets to T5-U since the upgrades were free. I wanted to get both ships last year for my Reman but didn't think there was enough time so I settled for the Plesh Brek since my Reman is tactical and that ship was better suited for him. Because of this I have been seeing the discount for the Plesh Brek this year from day 1 and got it on all my other characters, except for the 1 character grinding the pics for the new Breen ship (I'll get it afterwards though). :)

Though just in case I'm working on another character to get 1,000 pics for the Chell Gret if your fix doesn't work and isn't released in time. If the fix is released soon and works I'll just toss the extra Q pics in the bank and save them for next year.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cem3212 wrote: »

1. Will Cryptic find & implement a fix so prior Chel Gretts will be recognized by the reputation system now & in the future?
    2. Will Cryptic introduce a method to convert first year earned Chel Gretts into to reputation acknowledged Chel Gretts?
    3. Will Cryptic just recalculate so all Chel Gretts, this year, cost 40 autographs fixing the problem with minor inconvenience to those first year earners?
    4. Will Cryptic be in the Winter Wonderland seasonal spirit & just gift all players a Chel Grett for free quashing any troubles?
    5. Or will Cryptic possibly keep mum about it till the end of the event & wish us all better luck next year?

1-4 No.
    5. Yes. It's how they've done things in the past. "We'll get it fixed for next time." seems to be an acceptable solution to them.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm not saying you'll never get the discount.

However, if you want the ship discount now, the Reputation project will need to be completed with one character. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until some fix is devised, and I have no idea how long that will take or even if one will be possible this year. I just do not know, nor do I have enough information to even venture a guess when/if this might be resolved.

I was just trying to provide some information as to where we stood with this right now.

We actually do appreciate it, really. But occasionally people are a little too deep in the forest to see the trees.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • algeroth0marshalalgeroth0marshal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am also having the same issue and have sent in 2 bug reports and sent a ticket in to technical support which has deverted the answer to send in an in-game bug report.
    edited December 2014
    cem3212 wrote: »

Will Cryptic find & implement a fix so prior Chel Gretts will be recognized by the reputation system now & in the future?

Will Cryptic introduce a method to convert first year earned Chel Gretts into to reputation acknowledged Chel Gretts?

Will Cryptic just recalculate so all Chel Gretts, this year, cost 40 autographs fixing the problem with minor inconvenience to those first year earners?

Will Cryptic be in the Winter Wonderland seasonal spirit & just gift all players a Chel Grett for free quashing any troubles?

Or will Cryptic possibly keep mum about it till the end of the event & wish us all better luck next year? Besides that Q fellow, & the Ferengis, always do seem a bit stingy in the gifts department.
    [/LIST]
    1-4 No.
    5. Yes. It's how they've done things in the past. "We'll get it fixed for next time." seems to be an acceptable solution to them.

Reading is OP!
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this bug, reported... I have the chel grett in a box from 1st year available and in use (T5U) on another character.. I guess being long term and all really isnt recognized (ROFL)
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here - no discount, patch does not work.
  • vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hopefully there is an update on this. I would like to know what approach cryptic is taking. If it is to simply ignore the problem till next year... fine. If it is to only recognize certain players that have the ship... fine although some discarded it thinking they could get it back cheap... And I would like to know before January...

Seems this issue went away because people just gave up. Rather depressing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    vegie0 wrote: »
    Hopefully there is an update on this. I would like to know what approach cryptic is taking. If it is to simply ignore the problem till next year... fine. If it is to only recognize certain players that have the ship... fine although some discarded it thinking they could get it back cheap... And I would like to know before January...

Seems this issue went away because people just gave up. Rather depressing.

Really? Try reading the thread. Like two posts above yours I already pointed out there was an answer on page 6 saying they have a fix in with QA now for testing and it should go live this week or next...
    edited December 2014
    Really? Try reading the thread. Like two posts above yours I already pointed out there was an answer on page 6 saying they have a fix in with QA now for testing and it should go live this week or next...

The method of the fix is important, you should read too. Anyway, stop being all defensive, and the fact that an idea is made doesnt mean it is going to happen this year. Read the Thread yourself to see where that is mentioned by a dev...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    The method of the fix is important, you should read too.

I understand you want to know if this will work for people who have already discarded the ship. But my response was because you said "Seems this issue went away because people just gave up. Rather depressing." when in fact it hasn't gone away, nor have people given up. We're just waiting to see if this new fix will help us out or not.
    and the fact that an idea is made doesnt mean it is going to happen this year. Read the Thread yourself to see where that is mentioned by a dev...
    It is being sent to QA for testing and hopefully will be in a patch in the next week or so.

jheinig's post was made after Frost's where he said there may not be a fix this year. You may also notice that I didn't react well when Frost made his initial post about that.

Personally I also think that all event ships should be reclaimable via the reclaim tab in the Dil store. I mean you can already reclaim the unique consoles from them so why not the whole ship? But then, I'd also like a way to reclaim fleet ships since those cost real money to buy.
    edited December 2014
    Welp... Your reponse wasnt needed. You see the type of fix is what is interesting. The way this is being handled is also interesting. But do you know? No you dont. You clearly dont...

I would simply like to know if I need to grind on a 3rd toon... in which case i better get started. But also, you strike me as the type that is rushing to defence... dont... just dont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    Welp... Your reponse wasnt needed. You see the type of fix is what is interesting. The way this is being handled is also interesting. But do you know? No you dont. You clearly dont...

I would simply like to know if I need to grind on a 3rd toon... in which case i better get started. But also, you strike me as the type that is rushing to defence... dont... just dont.

Aye, ok mate.
    edited December 2014
    Well the changes are now up on Tribble so I copied a few toons over to test it.

First toon never had the ship at any point, no discount applied. (That was as expected)
    Second toon had the ship but had never opened the box, no discount applied.
    Third toon had the ship on his active roster, no discount at first but when I spoke to Q it popped up and said account wide discount was applied and indeed he can now claim it again for 40.

Since the discount is now applied to my account on Tribble I can't confirm whether or not someone who previously had the ship on their roster then discharged it will get the discount.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I did some testing on Tribble also...

My Situation:
    1) Got Chel Gret the first year on all toons, before Rep System.
    2) Have NO DISCOUNT on any characters. All show 1000 Q-pics required.
    3) Started a Chel Gret Project last year - project currently stuck at 40/1000.

My Tribble Testing:
    1) Copied characters to Tribble that had unopened (boxed) Chel Gret in inventory. No Discount Occurred.
    2) Talked to Q using characters with unopened Chel Gret. Talked to Q on ESD, Qo'noS, New Romulus and at Winter Wonderland. No Discount Occurred.

Final Test - SUCCESS:
    1) Copied character to Tribble that had Chel Gret opened & as their current Starship. Discount Applied!

"[System] [LegacyFloaterMsg] You have unlocked an account-wide discount on the Breen Chel Grett warship!"

2) Switched to character that was stuck at 40/1000. Project was Auto-Completed at 40 Q-pics! Talking to Q was not required.

edit: Great Fix, Devs! Hope this goes live soon. Thank you!
  • xzeoxxzeox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I tried everything and still cant get the discount to work. submitted a ticket to the GM's.