Install Arc
Options

shard maintenance in 30 minutes?

Comments

• Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    curedmen wrote: »
    Seriously, i think theres something going on in Cryptic. I would say its something to do with nobody knowing what to do, so i would blame on the guy whos supposed to know what to do. But hes got no leader skills and the workers know it and its all just chaos in Cryptic atm. And i would like to add theres also something wrong with the motivation and with the spirit among the workers aka devs. I dont blame them...having a slap on the face everytime they see forums cant be good to healt.

Intrested how much therapy does a Dev at Cryptic need ?! ;)

Personally, I'll stick to my gremlin theory.
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Be patience..., dont be angry...

The Cryptic team is working and this stupids comments is not a help.

Just: "shhh" if you dont have nothing really clever or helpfull to say...

Regards
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So it's been what? About an hour and a half?

I'm just gonna come back later, after I...... step out side :eek:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mh. server down again.

Hope to see an extension to winter event (post 15 jan).

Clocked about six days into the twenty-five days of farming (everyone can guess how I got to this number...) and two dropouts. So, let's do some math.

For every six days, add two because of servers being down. Which means, the twenty remaining days get extended to about 27.

Now add, say, five days because you might not be able to farm, either. It's christmas around the corner, right? And New Year?

Which means we're up to 32 days now. Well, let's say it's just thirty days. One month. That would put us around the 11th or 12th of January, right?

So, if they keep that up, we could just stop farming for the T6 event ship, because there's no chance to get it.

But maybe that's the ploy, that people actually have to pay for a T5-U or T6? Yep, sounds about right. Keep the carrot hanging in front of the donkey's nose to keep him going, but never actually reaching it?
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sylkrode wrote: »
    Personally, I'll stick to my gremlin theory.

Its a fine theory. Love it.
  • Options
    shadowthinshadowthin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Regards

Something helpful would be someone from Cryptic taking 30 seconds to tell what's going on all around. But i guess that it's too much to ask. Is is that strange why people are angry?
  • Options
    rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OMG! The server is down!! What do I do! I have no life and must complain and moan on the forums! Noooooo!

Seriously, you guys should try MS Solitaire or Facebook games. They're always on and the rest of us won't have to listen to your constant whining. If you find the game that horrible, why are you here?
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Regards

I think I've been quite clever thus far - but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sylkrode wrote: »
    Aaaaaand, it's now been an hour of silence. Oh well, at least they muzzled the Epohh girl. Still wish I could shoot her.

Only after me.
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think is correct too...
    Interesting..., we have a lot of donkeys over here, but the carrot is reaaally big. Think about it.
    Go for it..., run Forest run...
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    vespertinum1vespertinum1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iwontsay wrote: »
    Clocked about six days into the twenty-five days of farming (everyone can guess how I got to this number...) and two dropouts. So, let's do some math.

For every six days, add two because of servers being down. Which means, the twenty remaining days get extended to about 27.

Now add, say, five days because you might not be able to farm, either. It's christmas around the corner, right? And New Year?

Which means we're up to 32 days now. Well, let's say it's just thirty days. One month. That would put us around the 11th or 12th of January, right?

So, if they keep that up, we could just stop farming for the T6 event ship, because there's no chance to get it.

But maybe that's the ploy, that people actually have to pay for a T5-U or T6? Yep, sounds about right. Keep the carrot hanging in front of the donkey's nose to keep him going, but never actually reaching it?

You center the point of my fear. Because now I'm busy in real world, without extension bye bye T6 ship.
  • Options
    ryeman1ryeman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol this is a joke of a company servers down with not leting any one no nothing on forums nothing on there facebook page i do feel that thay do not care i spent lots money one this game and until there is better communication and love for the player you will not get one more penny from me and i dont think iam the only one star trek is a dead game... :mad::eek:
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OMG! The server is down!! What do I do! I have no life and must complain and moan on the forums! Noooooo!

Seriously, you guys should try MS Solitaire or Facebook games. They're always on and the rest of us won't have to listen to your constant whining. If you find the game that horrible, why are you here?
    Your post makes as much sense as someone trying to tell pigs not to roll around in filth.

Just saying.
  • Options
    indarienindarien Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Regards
    Stupid is dont tell anything to gamers.
    So, i just launched the game, server is down, what happend? How to know? When? Where are ETA? Where are anyhning?
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seems mad.

Mad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seems mad.

Mad?

We're all quite mad here.
    ;)
  • Options
    vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Shard maintance in 30 minutes, its a Cryptic way of saying

"We gonna pull the plug and **** off"
  • Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    indarien wrote: »
    So, i just launched the game, server is down, what happend? How to know? When? Where are ETA? Where are anyhning?

Yep, and my pizza arrived cold.
  • Options
    iwontsayiwontsay Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    indarien wrote: »

Actually, that just proves one of my statements yesterday.

Give players an estimate, and they yell at you. Even louder if you can't meet it for whatever reason. Give players no estimate, and they yell at you.

So... both have the same outcome, with not posting in the forum being less of an expense on the employee's side.

From a sane viewpoint, what would you do, then?

I've seen other companies simply locking the forums as well when the servers are brought down.
  • Options
    uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    svindal777 wrote: »
    They have to fix the fix.

They only have to keep taking your money and your life precious.....:(
  • Options
    indarienindarien Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    iwontsay, i am not about - "I CANT PLAY!!!" =)))
    Just...i dont know what happen and how to know, cos i dont see ingame chat, i didnt play in that time. And wanna see ETA on oficial site or in launcher.
  • Options
    sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If it's just a simple patch update for a small problem why is it taking so long and they picked the worse times to go down. Now you got the folks that are over seas and playing about to have prime time down.

EDIT: BACK UP
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    server looks like it's up now :)
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Regards

If a walmart employee unexpectedly barged into my house, grabbed my toaster, and without a comment as to why, or when it will be returned walked out with it, I might be angry.

Is that clever enough for you?

P.S. don't have nothing is a double negative, the stupids is a movie, and you misspelled helpful.
  • Options
    rexnebular51rexnebular51 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Your post makes as much sense as someone trying to tell pigs not to roll around in filth.

Just saying.

Because pigs are smart enough that when they don't have filth to roll around in, they go roll around in something else.

Just saying.
  • Options
    faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Server up,time to get outa forums and into game :)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Because pigs are smart enough that when they don't have filth to roll around in, they go roll around in something else.

Just saying.
    Touch