test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epohh Lady

gt500dotorggt500dotorg Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I was just checking the patch notes for today, and I noticed this:
Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

I guess someone was listening to my live stream when I said "They need to give us an option to kick the Epohh Lady in the teeth to shut her up", and they must have decided that this was a good compromise. I could complain about things such as a lack of a "mute" option, of course, but I'll take any reduction in Epohh Lady I can get. ;)
Post edited by gt500dotorg on

Comments

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dont you want an Epohh friend?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q loves all his little creatures... even you!
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was just checking the patch notes for today, and I noticed this:

I guess someone was listening to my live stream when I said "They need to give us an option to kick the Epohh Lady in the teeth to shut her up", and they must have decided that this was a good compromise. I could complain about things such as a lack of a "mute" option, of course, but I'll take any reduction in Epohh Lady I can get. ;)

I am so glad they listened to you and not the million other complaints about her from last year as well :p
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally I think you should only hear from someone when you go up to them and I just realized...has John DeLancie ever reprised his role and voiced Q in STO?
  • Options
    alarethpwalarethpw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd much rather listen to her than that damnable Ferengi.

Q is a GENIUS!
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The people in my community Teamspeak will never see any relief. We have an individual that can mimic the Epohh Lady's voice to a fair extent...and another few who can do the same with General Gingerbread. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    alarethpw wrote: »

Q is a GENIUS!

And so handsome.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Personally I think you should only hear from someone when you go up to them and I just realized...has John DeLancie ever reprised his role and voiced Q in STO?

Well i was about to say "what is he the VO of the epohh lady?" but i clearly miss read your post ROFL

Nope he has not as Q does not speak, i do believe its not the same Q either its his son or something? not sure just what others said previously.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I miss the one that says "Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known..." Good times..
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q loves all the little creatures! Even youuuuu!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I miss the one that says "Q is the most wonderful being I have ever known..." Good times..

Instead we have Neelix -.-

Id take the old VO back any day.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    The people in my community Teamspeak will never see any relief. We have an individual that can mimic the Epohh Lady's voice to a fair extent...and another few who can do the same with General Gingerbread. ;)

so you get to hear it all year round? epic :p
  • Options
    bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First they replaced the old chef with Neelix (atrocities...), then they take away my beloved lady...

I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wait what? She speaks?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Wait what? She speaks?

if you call it that then yes i would go more she grates on you :p
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Instead we have Neelix -.-

Id take the old VO back any day.

Really?

In my honest opinion Ethan Phillips is the best VO actor Cryptic has ever gotten in game. Listen to his actual dialogue and you'll see what I mean. It's extremely conversational--doesn't come off fake at all. I don't think he sounds creepy, personally.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And so handsome.

And yet looks NOTHING like John DeLancie...it's just the standard male with no embellishments.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Really?

In my honest opinion Ethan Phillips is the best VO actor Cryptic has ever gotten in game. Listen to his actual dialogue and you'll see what I mean. It's extremely conversational--doesn't come off fake at all. I don't think he sounds creepy, personally.

The VO is good, i have always hated the character.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really?

That may be correct for the missions (I haven't played them yet). However, in Winter Wonderland he's just lame.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    englishnod wrote: »

It does seem to die down during the year for the most part. :)

• Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really?

He's a good actor, and a good voice actor, all in all he had the best part in all of this, everyone else sounded sarcasticly over joyed to be back, but he is a professional.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if you call it that then yes i would go more she grates on you :p

I turned my sound off around season 3... I don't think I even remember the game sounds anymore...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Q wants each and everyone one of us a Snow-people. Don't bad there is some sort of glitch why being a Snowman and eating Pies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Pretty sure we hear her in the summer too, saying things like "Do the snake!" and "Do the running man!"
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    I turned my sound off around season 3... I don't think I even remember the game sounds anymore...

WOW you do not know what you are missing! there is so much to listen too like epohh lady :p this will make sure you turn them back off for another 3 years :p
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Pretty sure we hear her in the summer too, saying things like "Do the snake!" and "Do the running man!"

for some odd reason that one does not grate on me like the winter one, probably because i am never any where near that dance floor most of the time.

but none the less

WOULD YOU LIKE AN EPOHH FRIEND! :p
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    alarethpw wrote: »

Q is a GENIUS!

..and soo handsome. *hides*
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That chef was annoy and they replaced them with Neelix and ..... OMG Neelix is tolerable now....

Did STO just divide by zero...
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    hanoverfist1970hanoverfist1970 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank god you finally spoke up.