Epohh Lady

2»

Comments

• Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    morden613 wrote: »
    ..and soo handsome. *hides*

you know when he says that it almost sounds like he is dribbling at the thought, or is it just me that thinks that.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    englishnod wrote: »
    you know when he says that it almost sounds like he is dribbling at the thought, or is it just me that thinks that.

Yeah, I think Q did one heck of a brainwashing job on him. That or it's Q's equivalent of Reg Barclay's old Holodeck program. (Goddess of Love, anyone?)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gt500dotorggt500dotorg Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bergins wrote:
    Pretty sure we hear her in the summer too, saying things like "Do the snake!" and "Do the running man!"

I've heard that from someone else as well, but to be honest I tended to avoid the dance floor.

As for the obnoxiousness of the voice acting in the game (especially the events), I have a strange feeling that it isn't the fault of the actors/actresses, but rather that whoever is making the decisions at Cryptic/PWE actually wants them to be that way... Perhaps they think they are keeping alive the old Star Trek tradition of cheesiness (I am specifically thinking of TOS here), but they need to realize that obnoxious voice overs just annoy people, and don't add anything constructive to the game.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stoneloki wrote: »
    He's a good actor, and a good voice actor, all in all he had the best part in all of this, everyone else sounded sarcasticly over joyed to be back, but he is a professional.

They just really screwed the guy on his toon...dumpy and with a VERY funny run on the Talaxian episode.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now if only they made the Epohh lady shift to Undine every 10-30 minutes and insist, "You DO want an Epohh friend, don't you?" then back to her NPC self. And players doing a double-take, stopping whatever they were doing to look back for a moment and see an Undine instead.
  • Options
    gt500dotorggt500dotorg Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now if only they made the Epohh lady shift to Undine every 10-30 minutes and insist, "You DO want an Epohh friend, don't you?" then back to her NPC self. And players doing a double-take, stopping whatever they were doing to look back for a moment and see an Undine instead.

Well, if she's going to be an Undine, then shouldn't she say "Those without an Epohh friend will perish"?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That's actually pretty awesome. Sounds like just the sort of thing Q would do to make fun of the Undine just like he made fun of the Borg.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I could tolerate her voice, no matter how often, or not often, she spoke, if she just said 'epohh' correctly.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Personally I think you should only hear from someone when you go up to them and I just realized...has John DeLancie ever reprised his role and voiced Q in STO?

we should kickstarter some funds to pay for the actor
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,110 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Epohh Lady didn't bother me as much as the Ferengi and last year's brown nosin' Chef.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,110 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I've got one Epohh. Candy Striper w/ Earmuffs. I am happy with him. I call him DJ Epohh. With a long E.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Personally I think you should only hear from someone when you go up to them and I just realized...has John DeLancie ever reprised his role and voiced Q in STO?

No, but the DeLancie Q also has never appeared in STO, the Q we see in STO is Q and Q's son, Q.
  • Options
    opo98opo98 Member Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I've got one Epohh. Candy Striper w/ Earmuffs. I am happy with him. I call him DJ Epohh. With a long E.

I hate to break up this eeeee-poe party, but english google and russian google disagree with you.

https://translate.google.com/#en/ru/epohh
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hate to break it to you... but epohh is Romulan. Not Russian or English.
    And DJ Epohh has a long E in his name because I say so. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hate to break it to you... but epohh is Romulan. Not Russian or English.
    And DJ Epohh has a long E in his name because I say so. :P

pet (n) - epohh (D)

Welp, Romulan dictionary says epohh is a (D)

Stand corrected. (D) must be said with long vowels.

EEEEEE-poe confirmed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    wait... what?
    :eek:
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm almost expecting to hear Geko's nasal whine soon,

"Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it "

TRIBBLE epohh (n) Pat this feisty critter epohh AND lose a specialization point! Must have more gRiNd!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    wait... what?
    :eek:

I have a Romulan -> English dictionary sitting right next to my Klingon -> English one on my bookshelf.
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opo98 wrote: »
    I have a Romulan -> English dictionary sitting right next to my Klingon -> English one on my bookshelf.

I love those. So rooted in ... ya well ... a whole lottacrap and fiction

rgshekapekbesh (n) An ominous nocturnal swamp thingy that likes sniffing the undercarriage of the Oppikordu packrakk.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Wow... I've got... The Physics of Star Trek. That's about it I think...
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the Ephoh Lady.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2014
    I guess someone was listening to my live stream when I said "They need to give us an option to kick the Epohh Lady in the teeth to shut her up", and they must have decided that this was a good compromise. I could complain about things such as a lack of a "mute" option, of course, but I'll take any reduction in Epohh Lady I can get. ;)

You mean my Orion (on the KDF side) can't bind and gag the Eh-poe Lady? And maybe also sell her to a high-ranking member of the Orion Syndicate? Shucks. *pouts and heads back to Qo'noS*
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Lol Phil...

Maybe she's from a different region. Hence the different pronunciation.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow... I've got... The Physics of Star Trek. That's about it I think...

Hey, I have that, and All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hate to break up this eeeee-poe party, but english google and russian google disagree with you.

https://translate.google.com/#en/ru/epohh

Translate it to spanis. You´ll be glad its just eeee-poe
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Epohh Lady, while a bit creepy, was tolerable after a period of learning to tune her out.

However, I'm glad we got Neelix now, instead of that cockeyed chef who kisses Q's TRIBBLE, with a voice that sounds like a Detroit wino.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the Ephoh Lady.

I actually found her to be the least annoying of the lot...I feel sorry for Neelix though. I never see anyone at his table when I'm in WW.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.