Install Arc
Options

I miss the old maintenance threads....

Comments

• Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    askray wrote: »
    o_O uh last time I checked I don't have access to the database to alter time stamps nor post as other players (well minus my husband that that's another issue) so obviously no, I didn't post it on this forum Smirk did.

I was pointing out that it was posted a bit ago to the official downtime thread so why were you repeating it was my point.

im not going to get trolled by u lol...

tbh it was giving out more info then u, so whats ur problem. u just posted a link not a time, u really should give out infomation to if u know it LOL
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    o_O uh last time I checked I don't have access to the database to alter time stamps nor post as other players (well minus my husband that that's another issue) so obviously no, I didn't post it on this forum Smirk did.

I was pointing out that it was posted a bit ago to the official downtime thread so why were you repeating it was my point.

Yeah ... be fair the volunteer is better at his job ... then the guys who acutually get paid for it ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Sad that we have to read the Neverwinter forums to find out details about why the maintenance was extended. The communications team in STO needs to learn from their peers.
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh yes, we ban people for telling the truth all the time! :rolleyes:

It's HOW you present your information not the content of your information that tends to get people warned/banned.

Half truths. Although you haven't banned/warned me, other mods have done that to others. The metrics do not lie. (well, according to cryptic) ;)
  • Options
    volpe42volpe42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I only made it through a couple times before I couldn't stop seeing Zach Galifianakis in place of the lead singer.

Zach instead of Fayd/Sting?
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Yeah it suck that the STO CMs decided to start closing the maintenance threads. Things on this forum have gone down hill drastically of late.

From under-moderated to over-moderated.

I'm going to go over to the Firefall forum and tell Bran how much I miss him...
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well screwed again... they probably won't come back till I go back to work at 1:30 EST.

oh well, not like I do anything but the race and rep anyway...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orici1701 wrote: »

tbh it was giving out more info then u, so whats ur problem. u just posted a link not a time, u really should give out infomation to if u know it LOL

You really should spell out you. ;)
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I posted a link which also gave the time, date, person that posted it and so fourth. People should be reading that thread (which is why I linked it) for actual updates not this thread as it'll get convoluted with people posting the facebook/twitter updates for the next 20 minutes when the downtime is supposed to end in 30 (hopefully)

Also, if I was trolling you wouldn't ever know it ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh yes, we ban people for telling the truth all the time! :rolleyes:

It's HOW you present your information not the content of your information that tends to get people warned/banned.

oh than it was just fun from omnipotent q to ban me?
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    betanem wrote: »
    We really need a new community manager, smirk is terrible at his job!

Smirk is awesome! Like, have you ever watched his livestreams? He's one hell of an entertainer with an awesome sense of humor!

Yea, he could keep us a bit more up to date and informed on what's happening with updates etc. but he sure as hell aint "Terrible"! He's a breath of fresh air IMO. But that's just me... Me: Someone who has a little patience and doesn't see being kept in the dark about a few weekly GAME updates detrimental and the End of all Things in the real world! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I posted a link which also gave the time, date, person that posted it and so fourth. People should be reading that thread (which is why I linked it) for actual updates not this thread as it'll get convoluted with people posting the facebook/twitter updates for the next 20 minutes when the downtime is supposed to end in 30 (hopefully)

Also, if I was trolling you wouldn't ever know it ;)

not sure your IQ is high enough for that LOL

for the record u started it, carry on giving attitude and u will be reported
  • Options
    xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Smirk is awesome! Like, have you ever watched his livestreams? He's one hell of an entertainer with an awesome sense of humor!
    Hiya Smirk,

Didn't realise you played the game so much :D
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”."

Ah, so THATS where those snowballs were coming from!
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    not sure your IQ is high enough for that LOL

for the record u started it, carry on giving attitude and u will be reported

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

No, orici1701, I'm not laughing WITH you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

Oh how mother nature can be such a pain to electronics.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I uh, well, I stopped watching the streams because of Smirk. They could have a five minute stream where they were giving away ten copies of everything to everybody that was there for at least two minutes of the five minutes, and I simply couldn't do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

How does a rainstorm effect server updating?

Plus I thought they had servers in a location other than the Cryptic building.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still down?! For shame, for shame! :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Because the staff were stuck waiting for taxis to take them back to the office from the pub? :D
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    volpe42 wrote: »
    Cryptic employees drinking coffee during maint -> Lightning storm -> Lightning strikes nearby -> An employee is scared brickless -> Spills coffee on a console -> Extended maint

Obviously.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    volpe42 wrote: »

All it would take is a few second power outage during an update to make them have to start over. This is what MIGHT have happened? Who knows?
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yea, he could keep us a bit more up to date and informed on what's happening with updates etc. but he sure as hell aint "Terrible"! He's a breath of fresh air IMO. But that's just me... Me: Someone who has a little patience and doesn't see being kept in the dark about a few weekly GAME updates detrimental and the End of all Things in the real world! :rolleyes:

I have watched his live streams and i wouldn't call them entertaining at all, but that doesnt matter. What matters is he keeps us informed on whats going on with the game, which he does a terrible job of.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cryptic employees drinking coffee during maint -> Lightning storm -> Lightning strikes nearby -> An employee is scared brickless -> Spills coffee on a console -> Extended maint

Obviously.

I think this is the likely scenario.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I prefer the pub scenario.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    xaraman wrote: »
    Because the staff were stuck waiting for taxis to take them back to the office from the pub? :D

I wish there was a way to upvote on here :D
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    All it would take is a few second power outage during an update to make them have to start over. This is what MIGHT have happened? Who knows?

God forbid their infrastructure is that ill-protected. I doubt it's that bad.

Reminds me of a company I worked for once who's developer support server was an old PC under a person's desk that would occasionally be kicked on and off.

Good Times.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think this is the likely scenario.

And this, seriously, is why we need an *open* maintenance thread.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Obviously.
    Also, the console explodes, killing a nearby redshirt.