test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I miss the old maintenance threads....

Comments

• volpe42volpe42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That would not be the case, the servers are on UPSs for this reason. Forgot to click the quote checkbox.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Note to self - ask for permission to be allowed to post polls for fun little things...
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    God forbid their infrastructure is that ill-protected. I doubt it's that bad.

Reminds me of a company I worked for once who's developer support server was an old PC under a person's desk that would occasionally be kicked on and off.

Good Times.

I doubt even the all mighty Cryptic can control what happens to the local power supplier due to Storms or whatever! lol :P
  • sticker78sticker78 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm given it all we got Captain. Nobody can be as epic as Scotty. Even the team who are performing the maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nuff Said.
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all the info and laughing bits Askray. :D
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • dandyludandylu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do we know of a time frame that we should be looking for the server to come back online? Its very inconvenient having to wait around with very little information. It would be one thing to let us know that we wouldn't be able to log in until 5pm PST, just let us know, so that we can plan the rest of our day. I for one have the day off, and was hoping to actually level up, but it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon.
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What I find irritating is the number of people that have complained in the tech section (like myself) who log into the game only to have it CONSTANTLY and CONTINUALLY crash on the Delta Rising load screen - yet NOTHING in the patch notes speak to this. Come on guys - its been WEEKS worth of launcher tickets asking what happened when the game crashed from MULTIPLE players.

THIS is part of why I suspect the patch notes section has been closed for comments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    In random other news, STO finally updated on my computer! yay!

PS - should be another 20 minutesish if that dandylu
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Our team is hard at work and we should have an update for you very soon!-Star Trek Online (@trekonlinegame) December 11, 2014
    edited December 2014
    Our team is checking all systems, and we hope to have an update for you very soon.

Thanks again everybody!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1323661
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Do we know of a time frame that we should be looking for the server to come back online?
    In all seriousness, if it is a weather issue (power going out in the office/in the local exchange etc), it's completely out of their hands.
    edited December 2014
    What I find irritating is the number of people that have complained in the tech section (like myself) who log into the game only to have it CONSTANTLY and CONTINUALLY crash on the Delta Rising load screen - yet NOTHING in the patch notes speak to this. Come on guys - its been WEEKS worth of launcher tickets asking what happened when the game crashed from MULTIPLE players.

THIS is part of why I suspect the patch notes section has been closed for comments.

Patch notes have never allowed comments since they first started except for one time. Had nothing to do with any "crashing" reason.

• kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    course it could be worse. it could be a 6-8 hour maintenance where the devs/mods/gms don't even post anything in the forums about extensions or patch notes until after the maintenance is done. ie nexon games.
    edited December 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Patch notes have never allowed comments since they first started except for one time. Had nothing to do with any "crashing" reason.

Ok. My bad then. Maybe you can tell me why its not mentioned in the notes then? Are the right people even aware its a problem? Id really like to be able to participate in the Q event without doing a rain-dance - and no one has responded to the piles of tickets that should be logged over the last few weeks from the launcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A nice interesting read while we wait. Warning; Nostalgia imminent!
    edited December 2014
    Ok. My bad then. Maybe you can tell me why its not mentioned in the notes then? Are the right people even aware its a problem? Id really like to be able to participate in the Q event without doing a rain-dance?

Crashes can depend on numerous situations. Including graphics cards, computer setups, network issues, to finally in game issues. There is a lot of factors to take into consideration and yes, while there are a few players that have these problems it's not a huge number.

I'm not saying that you're not important or anyone else isn't important, but it's a small subset and it could very well be limited to specific computer setups. So the best bet is if you're having crashing issues, and you make a post make sure to include everything about your computer including a dxdiag read out to help narrow down what's going on.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok. My bad then. Maybe you can tell me why its not mentioned in the notes then? Are the right people even aware its a problem? Id really like to be able to participate in the Q event without doing a rain-dance?

My reply will likely infuriate you, but these crashes are just on your end. Subsidiarily, they're not common across the board. And they're almost invariably indicative of a polluted/corrupted system, rather than having anything to do with Cryptic.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    ... where we would get things like official announcements when the end of maintenance would be delayed, etcetera.

(And yes, I'm upset; I had a very specific plan for today which included only 45 minutes available to play, and those are... gee... RIGHT NOW.... until after 10 PM. And I've got 20 hr projects and such that are already timed out, which I'm about to lose 12 hours on....)

As I stated in another thread... the person in charge of this task seems to lack the ability to do anything besides tweet. They probably can't form a coherent paragraph or even type on a regular keyboard with any efficiency. Ergo... they can't do their job!

So we are left in the dark, muttering curses at Cyptic/Perfect World, and waiting for something to happen.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Servers are back online... for those who are interested.
  • bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Server status light shows green: here we go!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Subsidiarily

Now that would be a name for a Sarr Theln...
    edited December 2014
    szim wrote: »

Confirmed! See y'all ingame folks! :)
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2014
    Login Timeouts....
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
    edited December 2014
    Well this was fun folks :)

We'll have to do it again sometime..

For those interested I updated STO and!...

It now crashes :( guess I need to get my new graphics card installed hehe :P

Anywho enjoy folks and if you see an askray running around...it's not me.

Seriously it's not because that's not my handle nor any of my character names :P

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    szim wrote: »

Did you actually get past the "Connecting to the login server..." window before getting hit by the timeout and being bounced back?
    edited December 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Crashes can depend on numerous situations. Including graphics cards, computer setups, network issues, to finally in game issues. There is a lot of factors to take into consideration and yes, while there are a few players that have these problems it's not a huge number.

I'm not saying that you're not important or anyone else isn't important, but it's a small subset and it could very well be limited to specific computer setups. So the best bet is if you're having crashing issues, and you make a post make sure to include everything about your computer including a dxdiag read out to help narrow down what's going on.

Well, as much as I appreciate the reply there are PAGES of these threads that seem to be ignored. And to be honest my set up is pretty good considering the age of the game:

i5 3230M 2.6GHz
    8 GB RAM
    1 TB HDD
    2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M
    WIN 8.1

All drivers up to date yet . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Did you actually get past the "Connecting to the login server..." window before getting hit by the timeout and being bounced back?

Nope, timeout for me. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1200 GMT-6 no server here:eek:
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Best Maintenance Ever. This game clearly works better than before.

"Retrieving Character List..."

...okay, and?
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baxhatrixbaxhatrix Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Telling us to go to Twitter or Facebook is not a a solution.

This is the OFFICIAL Forum.

A lot of people don't use twitter or facebook, and shouldn't have to in order to find out what's going on with the game when there's been countless threads regarding maintenance in the past.

And using the excuse that they might not be able to post regarding maintenance for whatever reason is a lame attempt. They don't have any problem posting threads about the latest Lockbox, Z Store items, or Club Openings.

Maybe if they charged us 500 Dilithium per thread to read the forums, they'd be posting updates every 5 minutes. It's become apparent over the last few months that they simply don't care about the players, just what's in their wallet.