test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future Sarr Theln Captains - Do you have a name picked out for her yet?

asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
I know I do.. I think I'll call it the Flurry. Why?

It's a play on words/name of an a carrier from another universe. Flurry because snow, and Flurry because I'm naming it after the Alliance carrier that was lost at the Battle of Bakura in the Star Wars novel, "The Truce at Bakura", when an Imperial cruiser fired on it and the suddenness of the attack destroyed the carrier.

As for fighter ships, I will keep the Breen Choas fighters as I missed the Plesh Brak last year and won't be able to use the Plesh Brak fighter pets.
latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
Post edited by asardetemplari on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Do you have an alt you could run the race for the Plesh Brek on?

Anyways... I was thinking of naming my KDF one after the Kilrathi Bhantkara class carrier from Wing Commander 3.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I left my Sarr Theln as the random name. I don't intend to name it anything until I have created a build for it.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hmm, this ship must be a bigger deal than I originally thought...

...AHA! Got it! I'm going to name mine Kind of a Big Deal. Perfect! :D
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »

Anyways... I was thinking of naming my KDF one after the Kilrathi Bhantkara class carrier from Wing Commander 3.

That's brilliant!!!! I didn't think of using my alt to run the race for the Plesh Brak!
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Future Sarr Theln Captains - Do you have a name picked out for her yet?
    Yes. All 5 of them.

-U.S.S. Yuletide

-R.R.W. North Pole

-I.K.S. Reindeer

-U.S.S. Christmas

-R.R.W. Mistletoe
  • Options
    kerfokerfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will probably just name mine the "Space Crab" or something along those lines. That's what it looks like to me anyways.
    STO forum term definitions for newbies: Piloting Skill: That thing you do where you fly around and avoid big scary green plasma balls of death. Pressing F and spacebar may also relate to skill. Taco: A very sacred thing. Do not speak I'll of the Taco or things will happen. Terrible things! Humor: Something not found here. Don't bring it. This forum is serious business. Fun: Something illegal. Don't have it and don't bring it
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    That's brilliant!!!! I didn't think of using my alt to run the race for the Plesh Brak!

:D
    Glad I could help.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, I have the carrier sitting in an unopened box right now. If I were to open it, I'd probably name it Llama.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about "Friendly Sir"

Captain - "Sensors, identify that ship."

Sensors Officer - "It's Friendly Sir!"
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    IDrainYouNowOkay? Just hope it fits lol :D
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    samurai576samurai576 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm using a main character and 2 alts for all three ships but I was wondering whether the Carrier is better than the Grett Cruiser? I know that the carrier will have the advantages of having combat pets but the cruiser has 2 more weapon slot and seems a better ship all round.

What do other people about what is going to be a better option?
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will keep the name I have on my Galaxy X currently...

"Grace Jones"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Plush Brak
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maybe "Iceberg Ahead!"

Or "Heart of Ice".

Or "Let It Go!" (probably crewed by Pakleds).

Or "Rosebud".

;)
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Character I use the breen ships on, I play it as a rogue Starfleet officer.

so I named my Breen ships after ships Captained by the Pirate Bartholomew Roberts.

Chell Gret "Great Ranger"

Plesh Brek "Little Ranger"

Sarr Thein "Good Fortune"
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I went with "Europa" on mine...
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Freezer Burn
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I.K.S. Free Ship Trait
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only have one character I use Breen ships on, and he names his ships for Golbez and the Archfiends. This ship in particular is the Cagnazzo.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I name all my Carriers after Battlestars not including the Galactica.

My Breen Carrier that I just got today is called the Pacifica :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Malevolence - after the Seperatists flagship during th Clone Wars

I like to name my ships after cool ships from other franchises. Already have a Hyperion, a Litany of Fury and a Lamentation (very obscure ASoIaF+Conan reference)
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I named my first one Shadow of Intent.

After the hilarious sight of it launching 4 Plesh Breks, each almost as big as itself, I'm probably going to name the next one Clown Car. :D

Would name it Ultimate Clown Car, but stupid ship name limit is too short. :(
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »

As a matter of fact, the character that will be keeping his (not just getting it for the trait), is Caitian. But all of his personal ships were always called FluffyPillow-_, the underlined space being a sequential letter.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    I named my first one Shadow of Intent.

After the hilarious sight of it launching 4 Plesh Breks, each almost as big as itself, I'm probably going to name the next one Clown Car. :D

Would name it Ultimate Clown Car, but stupid ship name limit is too short. :(

I +1 the ship names being too short.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nova Zembla - Andoria - Rura Penthe
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    samurai576 wrote: »
    I'm using a main character and 2 alts for all three ships but I was wondering whether the Carrier is better than the Grett Cruiser? I know that the carrier will have the advantages of having combat pets but the cruiser has 2 more weapon slot and seems a better ship all round.

What do other people about what is going to be a better option?

It is a science ship. Loses 1 sci console to gain large hull and pets and general uberness of a carrier, a fair trade. It is not a gunship. It is a nasty ship for those sci ship driving tac captains, of course. The other ships are t5s and decent ... just depends on what you want. For a few EC you can spare yourself the grind and buy a kazon raider, which is IMHO better than the breen raider but you will have to buy an upgrade token too, so its a 10.5 million or so price tag. The cruiser is a nice assault cruiser but here again you may as well save your pennies and buy a benthan if you want a dps cruiser --- that one is a tossup; the benthan is pricy at 65 mil but its t6, the breen is free but not as good.

As for names, I also thought it looks like a crab or the firefly cruiser (but without the skyscrapers).

I am not sure yet on the name... I am working on a bad pun for it....
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hadn't really given it much thought, before seeing this thread but I suppose I'll use names like "The Faithless," "The Recreant," etc. after the names of the Breen DOFFs you can get from the Rolor Nebula chains.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    my trill tacts well be called the Sulaco from aliens then for my rom and caitian trinityseven and astriltrinity the rest no clue at the moment lol

• Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm trying to think of themes for the ship as a starting point.

I used different Native American/First Nations/Indigenous people names and concepts for my first two ships. My Chel Gret is named Heavenly, in the heavens in Quechua, and I named my Plesh a variant of Icicle in Inuit.

As I think about this and since this is a carrier that spawn pets, I'm thinking of mother, motherhood or perhaps hive or something that spawns others. If I want to get fancy I may look for concepts such as Winter or Cold Mother or Spawner. Now as to what language I'll draw from? I'm not sure. I might start looking for words here, here, or here.

As I look through this thread, I may look at names and concepts for asymmetry, such as "unequal". Thanks for the ideas folks!
    Joined STO in September 2010.