test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Future Sarr Theln Captains - Do you have a name picked out for her yet?

2»

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Chell Gret: Thot Gor

Plesh Brek: Thot Pran

Sarr Thein: Dunno, I've just run out of canon Breen names :(.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tasilatasila Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My Name for my Sarr Theln will be: The Best Expansion MK IVX

Because the PvE queues are always full = Delta Rising is the BEST expansion EVER and players LOVE it!
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am getting two of 'em, but the only name I have come up with so far is:

Butt F*** Ugly
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My one is called: U.S.S. Snow Blower.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh, the second ship will probably called:

One Ugly Motherf***er.
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This may replace the Vesta as my primary captain's ship. Her ships have been named along a Cascadian theme (Cascadia, Puget Sound, Seattle, Kitsap, etc.)

Problem is, Cascadia is almost aggressively temperate, making it hard to come up with a name that fits both the region and a cold theme. Maybe "Rainier"?
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Chell Gret: Heimr
    edited December 2014
    Do my eyes deceive me, or does this carrier (as well as the new dreadnought) feature eleven console slots, vs the ten on other T6 ships, while retaining the 13th boff ability slot? Are the Intel ships simply sacrificing a console slot in exchange for their gather Intel abilities and cloak?
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    U.S.S. Whiney Goit
    giphy.gif
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It has 11 console slots because, technically, it's a T6 ship that's also Fleet-grade.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Am I the only one who hates immeresion breaking names for ships? Names should either sound likethey'd be a word in the language of the ship builders or play to the themes of the ship in english, which is a translation of the original word.

Names like I don't know Goofball or whatever, are just horrible.

Even federation ships have thier themes, such as earth locations (or possible locations on other federation worlds), historical figures of importance, symbolic names that reflect the purpose of the ship, ect... you'd never see a ship called snotwad99 (yes I made that up, I don't wish to single out anyone else).

For my Klingon ships I keep a pregenerated name in Klingon, for my Orion Ships I go with names like O.S.S Debauchery, O.S.S Depravity, ect.., because it fits the themes for the Orions.

For the Breen I'd either go either pregenerated Breen name or something that hits the Themes of the Breen and Ship Time. The Breen are accosiated with treachery (don't turn your back to a Breen) and cold so a name like Frostknife, Icical (misspelled that), Betrayal (my personal favourite as betrayal is obviously a treacherious untrust worthy act that is concidered emotionally cold).
  • azeitadoazeitado Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Chel Grett: R.R.W. Incussus
    Sarr Theln: R.R.W. Glaciem
    Plesh Brek: Undefined, I'm thinking of something creative.
    edited December 2014
    Am I the only one who hates immeresion breaking names for ships? Names should either sound likethey'd be a word in the language of the ship builders or play to the themes of the ship in english, which is a translation of the original word.

My thoughts on the Breen ship are that (A) I need to explain why my Fed captain is commanding it (found adrift a few years after the Dominion War and lovingly restored for missions where a Fed ship profile might be a liability?), and then (B) can recommission the ship with a name appropriate for the Federation, just as the French and English constantly renamed captured ships using their own conventions.

But yeah, I do like names that seem to fit the conventions of the entity I'm flying for.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Ordo Xenos- It's the inquisition's anti xenos branch in 40k
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I'm not really OCD about naming ships to match their origins.

After all, it's a captured/salvaged ship repurposed for Fed/KDF/Rom use, and therefore is open to being named as the Captain (who's also now in most cases an Admiral) sees fit.

So if my Fed Sci captain wants to name her ships using Norse Mythos, fine.

Of course, I do have gag characters like an Elsa, so I have to theme ships in relation to her.
    • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      I'm thinking either "Pie Contest Breen" or "Epohh Friend."

Cause, come on, don't you want an epohh friend?