test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't have the know-how to do it, but what if some of you made videos of what you are doing and linked them to commanderander? That way he can not only see what the final score is, but see the bad behavior in action and exactly what you and other players are doing that the game is not properly registering.

Failing a fix, I would suggest a rollback to prior values on everything in the Dyson BZ.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My problem has been with the generators. I've had no trouble with artillery and I haven't tried a capture point.

It is now better to solo every cap which is wrong. I solo everything when I can anyway - partly because I'm able to, partly to claim all the command points for myself and partly because the map finishes faster - but I never purposely avoided helping others that got to a zone before me.

Now I guess I will avoid helping others. Now I will resent people butting in when I'm capping. And if I run to a zone and see other people got there before me it's best I make them deal with everything themselves and run to another zone I can solo. That is completely opposite of how a battlezone should work. It discourages teamwork which is a big "wtf".

The biggest issue is the fact that there was nothing wrong with how points were awarded before. Maps ended 100% successfully all the time and I never resented other people helping cap a zone. So long as I started on a newly spawned map I could get my 5 caps and 3 dinos and get the full reward.

And by the way, dino tagging is not gone. I can still do it so long as I stick around for more than a few seconds. The only way to remove dino tagging is to make the reward not dependent on how many dinos are tagged. (IE full reward so long as all three dinos are killed and you took part in killing at least one of them, plus 5 caps of course).That's it.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    okay i just did a complete run .. *cough* i would like to suggest it has to do with people who are grouped possibly with the group not being in the same objective

I just did a map and was not grouped and didn't touch any of the things on artilery or generators or anything that required you to "f to interact" and got full 90 dilithium etc. The only time I got 5 was on one dino that was down below 1/4 health when I got to it. So basically it seems to work for you if you remain ungrouped 100% of the time

I suggest trying this while grouped and having people grouped and taking more then one point in the group so that people are not near each other etc.

Just reading back this is when it seems to happen.

when bug hunting the cause needs to be reproducable

So yeah since i got no issue while ungrouped this is my guess.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, my feedback I posted was from when I was in a team. For part of the run, I was together with two other players, for other parts (when I started getting methodical about it), I was still teamed with one player but we were split up hitting different points about half the time, I'd estimate.

Thanks for looking into this some more :)

One of my alts is getting a bit low on dilithium, so I'll try to get him there to do a run or two solo in the next couple days. I'll take screencaps of the points' progress when I step on them and the rewards I get from them when I do.
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, my feedback I posted was from when I was in a team. For part of the run, I was together with two other players, for other parts (when I started getting methodical about it), I was still teamed with one player but we were split up hitting different points about half the time, I'd estimate.

Thanks for looking into this some more :)

No problem you had some good info's maybe tonight see if you can do this with a team and purposely go off on your own to take a point and ask them not to help you and see what happens. This would be my guess lets hope that's it then they know where too look :)
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    okay i just did a complete run .. *cough* i would like to suggest it has to do with people who are grouped possibly with the group not being in the same objective

I just did a map and was not grouped and didn't touch any of the things on artilery or generators or anything that required you to "f to interact" and got full 90 dilithium etc. The only time I got 5 was on one dino that was down below 1/4 health when I got to it. So basically it seems to work for you if you remain ungrouped 100% of the time

I suggest trying this while grouped and having people grouped and taking more then one point in the group so that people are not near each other etc.

Just reading back this is when it seems to happen.

when bug hunting the cause needs to be reproducable

So yeah since i got no issue while ungrouped this is my guess.

I only solo and have the issue, so that's not it. It's the way points are awarded that's messed up. I wish I could figure out a reason other than not clicking any interacts, because so far it's been when I get to a zone after someone else and just shoot the mobs, not clicking anything, that it fails to give me credit for the cap.
    edited December 2014
    I get this in undine space battlezone from time to time and I know they did the adjustment there awhile back and now are just applying it to the ground zone. This usually happens to me as a result of time dilation (lag) I just ignore it. I dont know how frequent it is for you in dyson but its possible that it may not be fixable.

I do tend to pick servers that are lowish on population when starting a run for obvious reasons i want a map that is not half done lol unless I am just looking to complete part of a daily or something for the most part i pick a low population map. I know many others do the opposite but I think that is because they just want to kill dino's at the end or something.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Managed to tag all 3 dinos a couple of times now and although i got the 720 dil and 30 marks for each dino. Max dil i got was 3250 with 3rd dino tag. Not sure if this was nerfed as pre-changes this and capturing 5 points would reward me with the 3rd dino tag 5400 dil.
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    I get this in undine space battlezone from time to time and I know they did the adjustment there awhile back and now are just applying it to the ground zone. This usually happens to me as a result of time dilation (lag) I just ignore it. I dont know how frequent it is for you in dyson but its possible that it may not be fixable.

The main difference I have observed on the Undine BZ is that no equivalent to tagging appears to exist. The only way to get all of the PK's down below 50% appears to be for all of the PK's to get mobbed by the whole instance, one at a time. Meaning almost everyone contributes for at least 50% of the battle against each PK. That seems to avoid problems with not getting credit for what you did against each PK as opposed to the V-Rexes.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the information, everyone.

I've tracked down the issue that's causing the problem with people not getting the proper rewards from points.

Those of you who mentioned something to do with teams were partially correct; the issue could happen to anyone, but it seemed to happen at a higher frequency when several people were at a point.

I'll be working on a fix for this today. My hope is that you will all see this fix on Thursday, but I can't guarantee that in the event that something goes wrong or we find something else about this.

I'll keep you guys informed if it looks like this won't be in for Thursday's patch.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
    edited December 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    The main difference I have observed on the Undine BZ is that no equivalent to tagging appears to exist. The only way to get all of the PK's down below 50% appears to be for all of the PK's to get mobbed by the whole instance, one at a time. Meaning almost everyone contributes for at least 50% of the battle against each PK. That seems to avoid problems with not getting credit for what you did against each PK as opposed to the V-Rexes.
    I have seen a few people tag in undine its actually pretty easy because the planet killers can't be brought below 50% without removing the protective bubble. I dont do it though but there are others that do. It actually is not hard now with my t6 ship or t5u ship do take a planet killer down with 3 or 4 others in similar ships. Its not possible with new players to do this but I never stop at the 50% i just dps it down. I think some people hate me for it, but I hate this tagging and running between things with a passion. :P

I've tracked down the issue that's causing the problem with people not getting the proper rewards from points.

Those of you who mentioned something to do with teams were partially correct; the issue could happen to anyone, but it seemed to happen at a higher frequency when several people were at a point.

I'll be working on a fix for this today. My hope is that you will all see this fix on Thursday, but I can't guarantee that in the event that something goes wrong or we find something else about this.

I'll keep you guys informed if it looks like this won't be in for Thursday's patch.

thank you much for this then everyone can go back to being happy :D
    edited December 2014

Thanks for keeping us up to date and especially for offering to keep us notified if it doesn't make your expected ETA.

• dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the fix. :)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,661 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thanks! this is all it really takes to help the relations between the community and the Devs.

at least we know it's being looked at.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited December 2014
    The night I posted the Customer Relations section of my review I was considering including this but at the time it was only one post. Now that I have seen more, I called it out in that thread. This is a good example of how communication should be. Admittedly after getting burned so many times people will be watching for actions--or at least the promised updates but this is one of the most positive moves so far that I have seen in a while. :)

• raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sure it will be fixed with the same expertise the city Defera hard mission was - so that it won't work at all. Maybe the Voth will turn friendly now and sabotage the mission, too.

Too bad the devs caved to the whiners and screwed everyone else. But that's servicing divide and conquer. As a result I likely will not be assisting with points anymore anyway, even if by some miracle a real fix (as in repair, not as in neuter) happens.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Yay! Thanks for staying on top of it.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So i'm wondering...

Are these changes meant to prevent players from tagging each V-Rex and getting full credit while barely contributing anything (at least to the first two V-Rex they tag and run from)? I actually didnt notice this before this thread but now that i'm paying attention i see people doing it.

Why not just force people to fight each of the 3 V-Rex in a set order? that way people wont feel the need to play tag. You would think that forcing people to do 3 V-Rexes in a set order wouldnt be needed. But you cant expect pugs/free for all people in a BZ to coordinate or follow a set attack sequence on their own. Because #1 they are pugs and we all know how most of them act. And #2 the chat system isnt set up for cooperative gameplay. One person says "go to the city" and people in 20 different Dyson BZ instances, all in varios stages of progression say "huh". IMO it would be better (for the players) if upon V-Rex activation one of them spawns at a random location-city, park or outskirts. Then once it is defeated then the next V-Rex spawns at either park/outskirts and people move to it. Then once that one is defeated then last one spawns at the last location and everyone moves to it. Everyone has to run from A-B-C, everyone has to contribute, if you leave early to try and "beat the crowd" to the next point then you get no credit. It's better for the players because everyone gets full rewards for full participation.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As long as the system gives better rewards if you've personally participated in multiple dino fights, people will take that as meaning you're supposed to be in all of them. That means tag-and-run, because coordinating a random mass of players to take the dinos one at a time is impossible. I suppose over time we'll learn just how much you have to shoot them for it to count as having participated, and then its business as usual again.

If we're supposed to stay at one dino until it dies, give us the best reward for doing that, even if it means not being able to fight the others because they're already dead.
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    While there was some abuse, there was also some value to everyone in zone when players were tagging all 3 dinos, and I am speaking beyond the accolade.

The thing is, the behavior insured that players were continuously active in all three areas and provided pretty good insurance that all three of the dino's would be killed.

Since there is obviously a bug right now, I'll wait to see what the final effect is, but I hope Cryptic is considering how player behavior - which will always mimic what is needed for the best reward - was both good and bad for the scenario - not just bad based on their metric.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    While there was some abuse, there was also some value to everyone in zone when players were tagging all 3 dinos, and I am speaking beyond the accolade.

The thing is, the behavior insured that players were continuously active in all three areas and provided pretty good insurance that all three of the dino's would be killed.

Since there is obviously a bug right now, I'll wait to see what the final effect is, but I hope Cryptic is considering how player behavior - which will always mimic what is needed for the best reward - was both good and bad for the scenario - not just bad based on their metric.
    Ideally, players would keep an eye on the omega particle meters and move if a particular zone was close to being lost (indicating there are no players there). This is how it used to work.

Unfortunately, it's possible there ARE players there but they're ignoring the medics. The dino there could be almost dead even if the meter says they're "losing". And since there is no way to tell if you've hurt your current dino enough for it to count until its dead, leaving to reinforce another zone now runs the risk of not getting credit for either dino.
    edited December 2014
    Managed to tag all 3 dinos a couple of times now and although i got the 720 dil and 30 marks for each dino. Max dil i got was 3250 with 3rd dino tag. Not sure if this was nerfed as pre-changes this and capturing 5 points would reward me with the 3rd dino tag 5400 dil.

3250 sounds like the pre-50% increase full reward or close to it.
  • martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you very much for "fixing" Dyson. So luckily I can spend more money into this game. I will immediately load up my Zen. How much do you want??

(I hope you guys can read the "lol" here)

Cause "lol" is the only word I can say for this, what you are doing with this game. Its like a sinking ship. Cut more and more holes into it. So it goes on faster.

LOL!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just like to point out. I just completed a Generator location in the city. I activated all consoles. Held the spot to completion. Someone joined the area after I had activated the third console. First console, speed boost, third console. At end of area 5 dilith no marks no completion credit.

I know you message said you know what the problem is. Just thought I would contribuite additional information, in the hopes it helps to fix the problem.
    edited December 2014
    Dyson ground is effectively random now. After having a small taste of a decent and rewarding play experience pre-nerf (and it *is* a nerf), this is nothing short of enraging now. All because some dumbfuq whining babies, unable to learn how to do things themselves, have nothing better to do than try to get everyone else's play experience ruined. Highest order of griefing imaginable, getting unimaginably stupid devs to TRIBBLE everyone else over to accommodate their learning retardation.

No one does PvP anymore (I don't even like PvP, but I can sympathize with those players who do). No one is in Kerrat. No one is in the queues. No one is trying to level. Absolutely no one wants to play Delta Failing for obvious reasons. I pity the poor, naive idiot who starts playing this exercise in futility thinking it might be professional quality, made by someone, or even some*thing*, that might actually understand what a game is. 35+ years in gaming and I have NEVER seen worse than this. Windows 411 was more fun than this. One would think it would not even be possible to consistently fail like this in every possible way. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Hire some gamers, instead of just worthless bean counters and socially TRIBBLE script kiddies.
    edited December 2014
    So here is a glimpse into the near future.

As good players try to adapt to the nerf-stupid, brought on by whining little TRIBBLE, they will inevitably try to anticipate where the most players will show up first among the dinos. Unable to tag anymore, they will kill them as quickly and efficiently as possible - just to see at least some reward for their trouble - and then try to anticipate which of the remaining two will see the attention next. That will usually be the Outskirts because players, including the whiners are lazy, and even more so now that there is so little leeway.

Because dinos now die so quickly, no one will be able to afford helping with points anymore (near the spawn time), and will go back to camping dino spawns, based on quesswork. Same old, same old all over again reasserts itself.

Meanwhile, quess who is going to start their petulant whining again this time based on the fact other players are killing the dinos too quickly and they can never get there in time or their inability to anticipate what the next target will be. You guessed it, the whining little TRIBBLE who were unhappy with how good they had it pre-nerf. There is no way to "fix" lack of adaptability on the part of bad players. And rewarding them for being bad players only leads to more of the same. Maenwhile decision-making, the crux of all games, is lost in the process.

At the very best, I will do precisely two points, depending on the reward. Unlike Cryptic I will not reward whiny, bad players for being whiny, bad players.

That's what appeasement gets you.

Of course, Cryptic is laughing their asses off, watching the player base leave in frustration, pitted against and blaming each other, thinking they are showing those dirty players (who they see as the enemy) who is boss.

Might as well be playing Monopoly where there is no decision-making.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    I'm expecting this to reduce the payout of the individual areas you have to beat in the battle zones, rather than V.Rex slaying.

I'm probably wrong though and it's a stealth dilithium nerf.

Yes because it fits into the "not-a-nerf" nerfs Cryptic likes to doll out where they buff numbers on one side and nerf them on the other, but you put it together and it still works out to a loss. They don't "cancel each other out" or anything. It's kind of like what they did when they nerfed energy credits for vendor loot. More credits for weapons, less credits for other stuff. Except the nerf to everything else so completely drowned out the "buff" portion, it worked out to a net loss. That was the point. Reduce player resource accumulation while bull ****ting the player about the intentions.

Cryptic has been systematically curbing resource accumulation though indirect ways for the past year. It's the MMO equivalent of keeping the Pringle can container the same size and keeping it the same price, but lowering the contents hoping you won't notice the difference.
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As a life time subscriber who left for a year and a half before due to excessive nerf's and even more excessive dill sinks.
    Here we are yet again, there is a reason why so many laugh at the "best expansion ever", as its surely the best expansion ever for your wallets.

The sheer amount of monolithic dill sinks is astounding.

I always thought though well, at least there is always Voth ground zone to keep a healthy amount of dill coming in to slowly upgrade, do R+D etc etc at a reasonable pace across my multiple characters, so lets hope they dont nerf it.

Here we are once again, another nerf, set upon a monumental amount of dill sinks in "dill-sinks rising".

Ill come back thursday to see the results of this "fix"..

But hold little hope.

Another leaving for far more enjoyable gaming horizons that doesnt crush the fun of gaming into a never ending grind for minimal progression for people with multiple characters, unless you want to empty your wallet at the game continuously.

This is not what gaming is about.

Shove it up your collective money grabbing a**e's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are they even going to nerf the dil on Dyson?

I don't understand why Cryptic even bothers with how much dil ORE we get really, it's not like it's a usable currency, I can't do jack sh** with it.
    We all could have a backlog of dil ore in the tens or hundreds of thousands, and it still just trickles threw our convertor at 8k per day, 500 more if you go out of your way, and an extra 1k if you're a gold.

In the end I can only convert 8,500 to a USABLE currency anyway.
    Could just treat it as a daily stipend for players who log on daily.

It's like they are limiting what's already limited, it just doesn't make any sense to me.
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It only looks like they fixed the team issue but NOT the DIL sink.
    Here's tribble patch note:

Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.11

General:
    • Increased the damage of all Mark 13 and 14 space weapons.
    • Resolved an issue where earning the specialization power "Improved Predictive Algorithms" would not overwrite "Predictive Algorithms" if it was slotted.
      • This issue would cause “Predictive Algorithms” to be stuck in a slotted state.
      • "Improved Predictive Algorithms" is meant to replace "Predictive Algorithms".
    • Resolved an issue with the loadout system which would occasionally un-slot Power Icons, Bridge Officer and/or Assigned Duty Officers when transitioning to a new map.
    • Addressed an issue that prevented Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks from gaining their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
      • Existing ones will have the appropriate mod added.
    • Resolved an issue in the Dyson Sphere Battlezone where players who were teamed were not getting enough credit to earn rewards.
    • Resolved an issue where an Undine would not spawn during the “Defend the Orb” objective in “Undine Infiltration”.
    • Resolved an issue with the Delta Ground Set power High Frequency Electromagnetic Pulse so that is no longer destroys enemies other than Small Devices & Turrets as was intended.
    • Resolved an issue with the timing of the audio for the cargo bay door in the Voyager interior.

Winter Event:
    • Thrown Snowballs are now 4 times as effective as they previously were vs. Boss-type snowmen.
      • This includes both the Yeti and Snow Baron from the Winter Invasion, the Snorg Queen, and the Snowman Overlord.
    • Ground Weapon “Hail”:
      • The primary fire of "Hail" no longer incorrectly has a 100% chance to knock back snowmen.
        • Reduced to 20% per hit.
      • The secondary fire of "Hail" no longer incorrectly has a 100% chance to knock back snowmen.
        • Reduced to 10% per hit.
      • The secondary fire of "Hail" no longer Exposes snowmen.
        • This had no effect during snowball combat.
    • Candycane Caltrops: Now has a cooldown timer of 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds.
    • Duty Officers that summon additional Security backup are no longer triggered by Gingerbread Security Team.

Known Issues:
    • Numerous uniform clipping issues with the Talaxian Dress Uniform, Female Odyssey uniforms with collars, and Female Khan Upper piece.
    • Delta and Undine hourly reputation projects do not mention the 3-a-day limit.
    • Intelligence Team is not applying the Stealth buff.

Doesn't look promising and another black eyed for the playerbase. Even if you team up on Dyson...rewards have been nerfed so whats the use.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.