test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another patch...Another NERF...this time Dyson Battlezone?

Comments

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    I've made about 100k dilithium in the last 5 hours. I still don't have any big problems with the changes.

How the hell are you making so much? I got all the gear and it seems next to impossible to me
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How the hell are you making so much? I got all the gear and it seems next to impossible to me

5 hours. That's how.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I seriously doubt that 100k is possible at all

thats 20k per hour while you need at least 20-30mins to finish a zone
    you dont get that much dil for a run to get to these numbers... not even close to that

you would need to do 4-5 runs per hour to get enough dil for that (and then everything has to run perfectly such as killing the dinos and getting the 5 zones)
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    swatop wrote: »

you dont get that much dil for a run to get to these numbers... not even close to that

you would need to do 4-5 runs per hour to get enough dil for that (and then everything has to run perfectly such as killing the dinos and getting the 5 zones)

yeah even doing the normally back in the day i couldnt get pass 40,000 for 4 to 5 hours work.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've made about 100k dilithium in the last 5 hours. I still don't have any big problems with the changes.

Yes, yes, of course you have. 100k dilithium. Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is a common form of trolling, in which the troll seeks to enrage victims by claiming to have "easily" done something that the average player finds to be impossible.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hope someone at Cryptic doesn't read that 100k Dilithium boast, believe it and shut down the voth BZ instantly.

They've done it before to other zones and even special events for a lot less dilithium than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014

well, let's see.

zone hopping to kill 2 dino and get 3200 dilithium. Let's say he can get all 3 and gets 5400. 4 zones an hour on average maybe = 20,000 per hour. Will require a bit of luck and many fast moving zones but I declare this myth plausible.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited December 2014
    well, let's see.

zone hopping to kill 2 dino and get 3200 dilithium. Let's say he can get all 3 and gets 5400. 4 zones an hour on average maybe = 20,000 per hour. Will require a bit of luck and many fast moving zones but I declare this myth plausible.

id say that requires alot of luck considering that you also need to cap zones for such rewards and the relative low numbers of zones these days
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    Yes, yes, of course you have. 100k dilithium. Yes.

BY ALL MEANS and REMEMBER...DELTA EXPANSION IS THE BEST EXPANSION EVER!!!

If you did not get get it

/SARCASM
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    id say that requires alot of luck considering that you also need to cap zones for such rewards and the relative low numbers of zones these days

I think it's pretty certain that you don't need to capture zones for the 3200 2 Rex reward. I have no idea about the 5400 reward. I'll have to bring my engineer down to find that out.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited December 2014
    You just have to know what you're doing. The BZ is kinda dead right now with everyone being in the winter wonderland but it's still the best place by far for dilithium.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nintholonintholo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's pretty certain that you don't need to capture zones for the 3200 2 Rex reward. I have no idea about the 5400 reward. I'll have to bring my engineer down to find that out.

I can confirm that you don't need to capture zones for 3200 reward (2 Dyno kills), but for 5400 dil you need 3 Dyno + captures. I managed to get the 5400 reward only once so far.

Currently look for the 5400 reward seems to be a huge waste of time.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    btw. why in gods name does it require 80 command credits to request reinforcements for the quest on a KDF char while on a fed char it takes only 40 command credits?

I went through all my 8 toons today and it always was the same
    KDF = 80 command credits
    FED = 40 command credits

I know that kdf is constantly being discriminated by our fellow devs but this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    btw. why in gods name does it require 80 command credits to request reinforcements for the quest on a KDF char while on a fed char it takes only 40 command credits?

I went through all my 8 toons today and it always was the same
    KDF = 80 command credits
    FED = 40 command credits

I know that kdf is constantly being discriminated by our fellow devs but this is ridiculous.

Because your fed fleet has done projects to give a fleetwide reinforcement discount, but your KDF fleet hasn't or your KDF character isn't in a fleet.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    well, it is actually
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    One weekend 50-60? I have 1 word for that...slacker....

I leveled 1 toon from 50-60 in 14 hours after DR launched. There are 2 others in my fleet that leveled 50-60 in less than that but I had to OFC go to bed so I could go to work.

The same 2 I am referring to also got most of the specialization done in the first few days after DR went live however, only 1 of the 2 actually finished it. I took a little longer on the specializations because of work and sleep.

Good luck trying to do that now, with a fresh toon!

/10char
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    One weekend 50-60? I have 1 word for that...slacker....

I leveled 1 toon from 50-60 in 14 hours after DR launched. There are 2 others in my fleet that leveled 50-60 in less than that but I had to OFC go to bed so I could go to work.

The same 2 I am referring to also got most of the specialization done in the first few days after DR went live however, only 1 of the 2 actually finished it. I took a little longer on the specializations because of work and sleep.

And that right there is why they went mental with the Nerf bat.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow just took a new toon there for the first time since the adjustment. Didn't even get to the second rex before everything was dead, and only got 5 dil instead of the 3-grand lump sum. Place really really sucks now. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I found a slower zone for once and captured 6 zones and 2 Rex. I got 8340 including the dailies, which is slightly more than I typically average. I would say in general the changes don't affect me. It is awfully difficult to get the 3 rex, but the increase in rewards balances that loss out for me anyway.

I also did an undine space zone and it was awarding very strict fractions of dilithium for each zone captured - like 63 or 48 etc.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I just had a pretty good 70ish minutes in the DBZ. I ran with a good team and made over 30,000 dilithium including all turned in marks and implants. I still don't get why people complain about the "nerf."
  • Options
    nintholonintholo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I found a slower zone for once and captured 6 zones and 2 Rex. I got 8340 including the dailies, which is slightly more than I typically average. I would say in general the changes don't affect me. It is awfully difficult to get the 3 rex, but the increase in rewards balances that loss out for me anyway.

I also did an undine space zone and it was awarding very strict fractions of dilithium for each zone captured - like 63 or 48 etc.

Stop make confusion talking about summary rewards with the dailies, the problem is the final reward of a single run. Whatever is the number of capture points, you can't get the maximum reward if you don't kill all 3 dinos. Which currently is very difficult to achieve.

I just had a pretty good 70ish minutes in the DBZ. I ran with a good team and made over 30,000 dilithium including all turned in marks and implants. I still don't get why people complain about the "nerf."

You miss the point. Sure, with a good organized group and a bit of luck you could get a lot of dil, but, most people play by themselves or can't find well-organized groups.
    So it can also happen that after so much time lost in capping, you can barely kill a dinosaur and get only 5 dil for the other two, because you started with the wrong dino.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well I've just done a full run on this, helped kill 3 Dino's, everything up and I got nothing. No marks, no dil. Nothing.

What was the point of nerfing this? To reduce the influx of dil into the game?
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well I've just done a full run on this, helped kill 3 Dino's, everything up and I got nothing. No marks, no dil. Nothing.

What was the point of nerfing this? To reduce the influx of dil into the game?
    We were 17x too productive and having way too much fun. The players didn't loved that at all!

So it has been corrected.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    We were 17x too productive and having way too much fun. The players didn't loved that at all!

So it has been corrected.

I'm beginning to wonder.... :confused:....I've just done another run, did about 50% dmg on each dino, and nothing. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    nintholo wrote: »
    Stop make confusion talking about summary rewards with the dailies, the problem is the final reward of a single run. Whatever is the number of capture points, you can't get the maximum reward if you don't kill all 3 dinos. Which currently is very difficult to achieve.

I'll be sure to run another real soon and post about the total results including dailies - thanks for the reminder!

• Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm beginning to wonder.... :confused:....I've just done another run, did about 50% dmg on each dino, and nothing. :(

I stayed in one spot, finished the kills I started, and got over 8k (correction, it was 8k as I had not refined any today so far) dilithium for my captures and holds and the one dino I shot at without turning any marks in . :eek: After conversion, well over 8k dilith. A vet can't refine over 9k a day anyway can they? Unrefined dilithium falling out of your ears is about as useful as a plug nickel.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
This discussion has been closed.