test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.9

Winter Event:
  • It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”.
  • Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.
    • This will require only 1 character on an account to unlock all new Winter Event items through completing “Tide of Ice”.
    • Players will still need to spend the correct Winter Event currencies for each purchase on each character.
  • Updated ship discount functionality for the Breen Plesh Brek heavy frigate and Breen Chel Grett warship.
    • Players who had previously completed the projects to claim one of these ships should be able to unlock their account discount after they talk to Q, or upon acquiring another ship.
  • The Breen Sarr Theln Carrier now has Subsystem Targeting.
  • Adjusted the race flags for the “Fast and the Flurious” to better positions in the finish zone.
  • Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”.
  • New Winter Event items which require completion of “Tide of Ice” are now labeled more clearly.
  • Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

Known Issues:
  • Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks do not gain their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
  • The PvE queue Defend Rh’lhho Station does not reward 10 Marks when failing in Advanced or Elite mode.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Music to my ears!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The Epohh friend spam has been silenced after 2 years.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't you want an epohh friend?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    New Winter Event items which require completion of “Tide of Ice” are now labeled more clearly.

Much appreciated. :)

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't you want a tasty Epohh treat?
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please tell me you're going to be upping this to Holodeck ASAP.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.9

Winter Event:
    • It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”.
    • Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.
      • This will require only 1 character on an account to unlock all new Winter Event items through completing “Tide of Ice”.
      • Players will still need to spend the correct Winter Event currencies for each purchase on each character.
    • Updated ship discount functionality for the Breen Plesh Brek heavy frigate and Breen Chel Grett warship.
      • Players who had previously completed the projects to claim one of these ships should be able to unlock their account discount after they talk to Q, or upon acquiring another ship.
    • Adjusted the race flags for the “Fast and the Flurious” to better positions in the finish zone.
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”.
    • New Winter Event items which require completion of “Tide of Ice” are now labeled more clearly.
    • Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

Known Issues:
    • Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks do not gain their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
    • The PvE queue Defend Rh’lhho Station does not reward 10 Marks when failing in Advanced or Elite mode.

I'd prefer not having to do an event to unlock stuff to purchase from the winter event rep store. But your compromise is very acceptable.

As for the Plesh Brek ship, I was able to to get it for 40 Glossy Photos of Q on all but 1 character I didn't get it with last year. The 1 character I didn't get it with is working on the brand new ship first since it takes 1k pictures to get.

"It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”." Could you elaborate on this? Does this mean we only need to participate in so many phases of the event to get credit for it? And if so how many phases would that be?

Anywho, great patch notes and thanks for listening to feedback on the Tides of Ice event. :)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”.

What's easier than standing around doing nothing? There's a reason there's been an increase in the number of folks just standing around - you don't have to do anything.

Can the AFKers be addressed?
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Winter Event:

Known Issues:

This is great. It really is. When is the fix for the powers trays being reset after every map transfer between ground and space getting fixed?
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Winter Event:

*tear of relief* ;)
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ......But the nanopulse is still not "minty green"
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The reaction to the Tides of Ice grind was pretty savage and totally justified. I'm surprised that its being fixed. New players were being driven away by it.

Here's hoping it appears on holodeck without any tweaks influenced by "metrics"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What's easier than standing around doing nothing? There's a reason there's been an increase in the number of folks just standing around - you don't have to do anything.

Can the AFKers be addressed?

Before you had to be there the entire 10 rounds to get credit, so if you got to the event late and participated you didn't get the final reward.

As far as AFKers go, I don't know anything about that, but if it is a problem I hope it is addressed.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The Epohh friend spam has been silenced after 2 years.

Heck, yes! This was long overdue!

How about a fix for the Winter Hats not showing up on characters that have claimed them? Talaxian, Trill, and Liberated Borg Captains are just a few that don't get these as an option after they are claimed.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    Before you had to be there the entire 10 rounds to get credit, so if you got to the event late and participated you didn't get the final reward.

As far as AFKers go, I don't know anything about that, but if it is a problem I hope it is addressed.

10 rounds and hope it wasn't going to break on you and either not end (it just keeps saying kill the queen even though she is already dead) or end prematurely (the queen never spawns it just stops) so no one gets credit...

While I have just dabbled and may be unlucky, but 3 of the 4 I have done bugged out.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cat species cannot use tails on Delta rep armor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    it would happen even if you were around since the start, since more often than not you wouldn't get a reward for one or more of the waves, which counted towards that.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You guys are hearing everyone's pleas, that is great!
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ermehgerd! Thanks for the " holiday " present in the form of these awesome updates, can't wait for it to go live.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay! Cool! (As the winter on Breen) Thank you!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks guys. I super seriously appreciate all of this.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about some of the mission texts?

http://i.imgur.com/KBcp2OE.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

Winter Event:

Yes! Thank you for changing this to an account wide unlock!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2014

[*]Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

Epohhs are so adorable and so are you for making her take a breath between saying it!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2014

[*]Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

This is the first release note I've ever read that actually made me LOL, greatly appreciated! :D

As for the other fixes, great news there as well. I still don't love the store unlock concept, but I think I can live with an account-wide solution. Thanks for changing that!
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Funny thing is I am enjoying the winter event much more than the expansion rofl.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is great. It really is. When is the fix for the powers trays being reset after every map transfer between ground and space getting fixed?

There is a fix for it, you have to do a couple of things on your end to make the tray stick. The steps are in the thread on the bug.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    They fixed 3 times already but it seems everytime there is a major update they break it. That is why I have loadouts on all of my toons.
    ravin wrote: »
    There is a fix for it, you have to do a couple of things on your end to make the tray stick. The steps are in the thread on the bug.

I think he was enquiring about the fix which flyingtarg posted about in the thread yesterday which is hopefully going to be the final nail in the coffin for power trays and loadouts messing up on transfer between ground and space maps. Though considering he only said they'd eventually identified and fix it yesterday, it'll not show up in patch notes until the earliest of next week.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »
    The reaction to the Tides of Ice grind was pretty savage and totally justified. I'm surprised that its being fixed. New players were being driven away by it.

Here's hoping it appears on holodeck without any tweaks influenced by "metrics"

I don't think they'd dare do anything else at this point, considering what a mess they've made to the game already. I still expect to see xp gains significantly increased across the board so that content that players find genuinely fun rewards them appropriately for their time.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.