What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - December 5, 2014

Comments

• Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is great guys. While I'm loving Tide of Ice (It is Royally badass!!) just the thought of having to complete it on all my alts was uber tiring. Loving the whole event.. Top Job!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank GAWD. I hope this patch goes live to the Holodeck Monday morning as an emergency maintenance patch. These patches resolve the key issues leading to much of the gamer rage about the Winter Event.

Thank you for realizing these changes needed to happen ... now let's get them live ASAP.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank GAWD. I hope this patch goes live to the Holodeck Monday morning as an emergency maintenance patch. These patches resolve the key issues leading to much of the gamer rage about the Winter Event.

Thank you for realizing these changes needed to happen ... now let's get them live ASAP.

The event is running long enough. I doubt they would do an emergency patch. :)
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First patch notes in a long time that have had positives. Now need them on Holodeck.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

I'd prefer an emergency patch to fix whatever is causing my game to crash every half hour since Thursday lol. These changes aren't really significant enough to warrant an emergency maintenance considering the event is running for 6 weeks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ... I hope this patch goes live to the Holodeck Monday morning as an emergency maintenance patch....

I second this, I would welcome an emergency patch that benefits us as opposed to the usual type of emergency patch
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [/LIST]
    [*]Updated ship discount functionality for the Breen Plesh Brek heavy frigate and Breen Chel Grett warship.
    • Players who had previously completed the projects to claim one of these ships should be able to unlock their account discount after they talk to Q, or upon acquiring another ship.

Does this mean that if you purchased the Chel Grett Warship during it's first run before the rep system was implemented you have to run the full 25 days/1000 autographs again to unlock the discount for your alt's that don't have the ship. Have it unboxed on 3 of 4 toons on a secondary account. would rather not have to run the full 25 days yet again just to unlock the discounted project with the laggy connection I have for playing on at this point.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    calexista wrote: »
    Does this mean that if you purchased the Chel Grett Warship during it's first run before the rep system was implemented you have to run the full 25 days/1000 autographs again to unlock the discount for your alt's that don't have the ship. Have it unboxed on 3 of 4 toons on a secondary account. would rather not have to run the full 25 days yet again just to unlock the discounted project with the laggy connection I have for playing on at this point.

That's a good question. The way they word it, it could actually mean that those of us who bought the ship from the vendor the first year wont get the discount. :S
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Known Issues:
    • Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks do not gain their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
    • The PvE queue Defend Rh’lhho Station does not reward 10 Marks when failing in Advanced or Elite mode.

Known issue: Tribble level granter regresses you one level instead of awarding you one level.
    But you haven't acknowledged this yet..
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree--this needs to be an emergency patch. Do not give it lower priority because it *benefits* players instead of taking away from them.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Winter Event:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”.

So that's what that was. I keep getting frozen by snowmen I can't see. I though they were suffering from the invisible torpedo issue... or they'd learned how to cloak....

Regardless this should make things less frustrating.
  • Options
    highjusticarhighjusticar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would rather they tone down the Holiday Item Vendor.
    Q is not that much of a genius or that good looking and I have figured out that he has winte items and nothing a Ferengi sells is at a bargain.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Excellent change making the item unlocks account wide. I was really bummed out that it was per-character, now once this patch goes live, I can get all the items I want for everyone. :)
    I would rather they tone down the Holiday Item Vendor.
    Q is not that much of a genius or that good looking and I have figured out that he has winte items and nothing a Ferengi sells is at a bargain.

I love that guy (and his crush on Q).
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Here's hoping we don't have to wait til Thursday for this patch. I'm sure people will moan about 2 hours of downtime to fix this but there's more than enough days left in the Winter Wonderland event for people to complete them without any need for any extra days added to it.

Fixing this on Holodeck would be a step toward restoring player confidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    ufstampaufstampa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For the Tide of Ice, it would be more interesting if the Snow Borg Queen didn't die so fast. I would think she would come down from the top of the hill, the slop between the center lanes. Marching down slowly down towards the platform. So people don't rush down to the platform, but starting from the top and work their way down.

A strategy to add at the last part. If there is a line that are broken bridges. At the end of the "defend the fortress." It would be awesome as an avalanche of snow men rush down through the lane since we're all together on the platform ready to shoot.

Just a suggestion, though prob will not happen since it's such a short time. But it's fun and everyone is playing it. Tweaking to be more fun would always be a plus.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ufstampa wrote: »
    For the Tide of Ice, it would be more interesting if the Snow Borg Queen didn't die so fast. I would think she would come down from the top of the hill, the slop between the center lanes. Marching down slowly down towards the platform. So people don't rush down to the platform, but starting from the top and work their way down.

A strategy to add at the last part. If there is a line that are broken bridges. At the end of the "defend the fortress." It would be awesome as an avalanche of snow men rush down through the lane since we're all together on the platform ready to shoot.

Just a suggestion, though prob will not happen since it's such a short time. But it's fun and everyone is playing it. Tweaking to be more fun would always be a plus.

She needs to scale a bit better for the number of players in the instance.

Not so hard so that 3 or 4 can't finish in time, but hard enough so that 15-20 players don't finish her off in about 5 seconds.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.
    but she is so cute!
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.9

Winter Event:
      [*Winter epohh lady has been replaced with the less annoying nails on a chalkboard.

Everyone would rejoice!
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has anyone noticed the flaw with the winter hat? If you have slit eyes (alien/unknown species), you won't after putting on the hat. Only humanoid and reflective are left available.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Tribble is being brought down for maintenance to update it to build ST.46.20141123a.9

Winter Event:
    • It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”.
    • Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.
      • This will require only 1 character on an account to unlock all new Winter Event items through completing “Tide of Ice”.
      • Players will still need to spend the correct Winter Event currencies for each purchase on each character.
      [*]Updated ship discount functionality for the Breen Plesh Brek heavy frigate and Breen Chel Grett warship.
      • Players who had previously completed the projects to claim one of these ships should be able to unlock their account discount after they talk to Q, or upon acquiring another ship.
      [*]The Breen Sarr Theln Carrier now has Subsystem Targeting.
      [*]Adjusted the race flags for the “Fast and the Flurious” to better positions in the finish zone.
      [*]Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”.
      [*]New Winter Event items which require completion of “Tide of Ice” are now labeled more clearly.
      [*]Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.

Known Issues:
      • Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Banks do not gain their Epic mod upon reaching Epic quality.
      • The PvE queue Defend Rh’lhho Station does not reward 10 Marks when failing in Advanced or Elite mode.

Best. Christmas. Present. Ever.
    • Options
      tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,648 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      Not getting a discount on the Chel Grett yet. Purchased the carrier and the Plesh on the char for 40 after unlocking them on Tribble, but the Chell is showing is still showing 1000 pics, even on chars with it already.

Did not see that I may need to talk to Q, will try that when I get another chance to hit Tribble.
    • Options
      spaethmanspaethman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      Same for me. I had old character on Tribble and one of them had the Chel Grett (not T5-U!) and no discount. Deleted them and copied the actual versions of this characters on Tribble, this time with a Chel Grett T5-U, and no discounts again. Even on the character with the Chel Grett. Made a new character on tribble and unlocked the winter store and same thing, 1000 pics needed.

Other curious thing ... On tribble there are the summer event ships aswell to slot as reputation project. Despite having both ships on all my copied characters, and stating that you have a discount, both of them cost on all characters 1000 pearls. I know this has nothing to do with the winter event, but I think the mechanics behind the process is the same.
    • Options
      edited December 2014
      spaethman wrote: »
      Other curious thing ... On tribble there are the summer event ships aswell to slot as reputation project. Despite having both ships on all my copied characters, and stating that you have a discount, both of them cost on all characters 1000 pearls. I know this has nothing to do with the winter event, but I think the mechanics behind the process is the same.

Yeah I noticed that too when I went to check if the discount was applying on my character yet, it wasn't. I know there are some things which don't transfer to Tribble very well though, so perhaps things like that simply don't transfer with characters? I have no way of being sure.
    • Options
      buzz0942buzz0942 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      Known Issues:
      • queues look empty (reporting bug)

any ETA on this fix?
    • Options
      js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      buzz0942 wrote: »
      any ETA on this fix?

Yes, and the associated bug too? The one that stops the queues that appear to be empty from loading up? When those bugs are combined it makes it look like the queues really ARE empty which conflicts with what Geko told us in the podcast.

It's really confusing. Are the queues empty or are they not?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Free Tibet!
    • Options
      hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
      edited December 2014
      ravin wrote: »
      There is a fix for it, you have to do a couple of things on your end to make the tray stick. The steps are in the thread on the bug.

I'm looking for the thread, but I can't find it. Do you have a link? :(
      The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
    • Options
      edited December 2014
      I'm looking for the thread, but I can't find it. Do you have a link? :(

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191

Thread is pretty long though, I have a link to one of the fixes in my sig. It worked for me and a lot of others so give it a shot until they release the latest fix.

Basically,
      1 set your tray up
      2 save loadout
      3 move a console or some such item to your inventory
      4 load the loadout you just saved
      5 prosper
    • Options
      edited December 2014
      http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191

Thread is pretty long though, I have a link to one of the fixes in my sig. It worked for me and a lot of others so give it a shot until they release the latest fix.

Basically,
      1 set your tray up
      2 save loadout
      3 move a console or some such item to your inventory
      4 load the loadout you just saved
      5 prosper

Saving a loadout and locking the tray down worked, but I'm still miffed that you have to do that at all. :|
    • Options
      edited December 2014
      New problem: I can't slot the "Claim Sponsorship Token" project on my alts for the Delta Alliance rep track. Nothing happens when I click "Select". My main is fully repped up and I've made tokens.
    • Options
      edited December 2014
      New problem: I can't slot the "Claim Sponsorship Token" project on my alts for the Delta Alliance rep track. Nothing happens when I click "Select". My main is fully repped up and I've made tokens.

That project not showing up or slotting is a long standing bug which seems to crop in every now and again. What to do is slot one of the daily rep projects on your new toon, then check the upgrades again and it should let you slot the claim sponsorship project.