test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tides of Ice is not completing. INVESTIGATING

alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have completed Tides of Ice four times so far but it has counted towards the Vendor and the Line in the Snow achievement once. As it is required to get the gear (both Winter and outside Winter gear) this needs to be fixed, immediately. Though Personally I'd remove the requirement to do the event to get gear period.
2qTOAB3.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    What the OP said.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find it strange a store would be locked to an pve mission, the store should of remained open and, we would of played tides of ice anyway.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Tying items to a grind is a **** move. Especially since most of the items are character bound on pickup, so it rules out being able to get a lot of the items for alts.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here, sometimes it does not complete. On a toon did it 3 times but only 2 times were registered on the accolade.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree that restriction should be removed. But typically, we're being forced to grind, this time for stuff we already have the components for.
    Bad move, Cryptic.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    We are working on making the verification of Tides of Ice completion more certain. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    morden613 wrote: »
    I agree that restriction should be removed. But typically, we're being forced to grind, this time for stuff we already have the components for.
    Bad move, Cryptic.

It's just the new game style sadly, Grind Trek Online. :(
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I had the components already but nooo.. I have to do the frickin' race now. TRIBBLE that.

There should be no reason to lock that under a grind. I would love to know their rationale for doing so.
    I know you're reading this, devs. A little explanation, please?
    (They should know it's something the majority may disagree with - so why do it? How does it improve the game?)

I'll just have to be satisfied with frosted boots for each of my toons unless they lock that down under a grind as well.

...shouldn't give them ideas, I know. My bad.
  • Options
    xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Even more fun than not getting credit toward the accolades is when you complete it and it gives no end reward, or even better (has happened 3 out of the 6 runs so far) is when you hit the later waves and the game crashes (7-10). This is getting very old, not just for no credit/rewards but having to completely log back into the game over and over...
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2014

What you on about!!! apart from the Winter Ship there is NO grind :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,051 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Just had a perfect run, NONE of the lanes were compromised... did not get credit for it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here. 4 perfect runs today. Present from before the hour (before wave 1 get into position message) and then after.

ZERO credit.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2014
    Was present for all 10 waves, killed the queen - no rewards.

2nd time today on my reman toon.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well I tried it and it bugged out in mid-mission. The Queen never arrived. No completion, no rewards, except 'wave complete' rewards.
    (Note for devs: It was at 05:00 game time)

Can't say I'm shocked though...but the next one completed.

Ticket ##2,942,043 (which will likely be filed in bin)
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quite surprised that we have to do it 5 times per character and it is only once an hour. This used to be my favorite holiday for any game but not anymore. Cryptic has really gotten bad. Shame really.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    karcorner wrote: »
    Quite surprised that we have to do it 5 times per character and it is only once an hour. This used to be my favorite holiday for any game but not anymore. Cryptic has really gotten bad. Shame really.

10 times if you want the new warp cores... :(
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My last run, we got the Queen down to about 1/4 health and she just disappeared. At first, I thought that maybe someone just had a good crit, but I looked at the combat logs and that wasn't the case.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My last run, we got the Queen down to about 1/4 health and she just disappeared. At first, I thought that maybe someone just had a good crit, but I looked at the combat logs and that wasn't the case.

She seems to disappear if the mission timer runs out before she's dead.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, this is frustrating! I've run (being there 1-3 mins early each time!) through TOI 7-8 times, but have only gotten credit for 4!

That's just on my main toon. I've had the same thing happen a couple times on alts, too.

The fact that I need to complete this event that only happens on the hour ten times on each toon I want the Warp Core for is going to be tough enough to manage looking at my holiday schedule, but the seemingly random ability for this mission to fail is downright discouraging!
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it might be related to the kill counter vanishing if you go over 1000 kills. once that happens the victory rewards vanish as well. you get a generic reward like for any previous wave or if you weren't participating in the event, just came around the end for easy rewards, but the completion reward doesn't appear.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I ran into a "failed" instance only once and this is what I noticed: The mission is listed in the Dev Blog as occurring at the top of the hour, but seems to be offered more often. I THINK that if you play the one at the top of the hour, it works. Any other are going to TRIBBLE out. Somebody check and see if this hypothesis holds water.
  • Options
    dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Buu, buuu, buuuu... and buuuuu again. I WANT my rightfully earned mission completion token back and i WANT it now.

Let's honestly say, it was NOT a wise decision to make that awful timegate. And the fact that it is not working is simply grotesque.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dataalf wrote: »
    Buu, buuu, buuuu... and buuuuu again. I WANT my rightfully earned mission completion token back and i WANT it now.

Let's honestly say, it was NOT a wise decision to make that awful timegate. And the fact that it is not working is simply grotesque.

??? Timegate? I don't understand.
  • Options
    dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yes, timegate. You can do this mission once every hour and you need to do it 5 to 10 times to unlock new items in Winter Store. Considering the counter isn't working as it should be you have to do that mission much more times than 10... on one character only. And what if you have more alts? Really grotesque idea... and very, very sad.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just got credit for a mission where I came in at wave 10, and snowmen had escaped.
    It could be because I'm that awesome, and saved a failing mission, but I don't think so.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, since this is only hindering player progress, and not helping us, unfortunately it'll probably go on the "when we get around to fixing it" pile (ie, next week).

At least frost popped in and said they're looking at it.

FWIW - just had this happen two times in a row - second time, not a single snow man made it through. Apparently if you are too good, then too bad?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    I ran into a "failed" instance only once and this is what I noticed: The mission is listed in the Dev Blog as occurring at the top of the hour, but seems to be offered more often. I THINK that if you play the one at the top of the hour, it works. Any other are going to TRIBBLE out. Somebody check and see if this hypothesis holds water.

I have had it fail despite doing 10 waves on both the random "X:45" time slot and the "Top of the Hour" time slot.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Top of the hour the X:45 slot. have not gotten credit nor do I see an accolade showing the number of times I've done this
  • Options
    captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Twice on a Romulan toon tides did not award credit after killing snow queen and with more than 20 seconds left to wait for nothing. :(
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • Options
    schicikschicik Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i have done the mission 7 times and havent got the thing that requires 1 play through. This pve makes me lag WAY too much and even 1 play through is TOO much. I bet when they fix it we have to do it all over again. this isnt fair and is quit stupid!:mad: