test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus Marks Weekend Event - Ended

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Starting this morning and lasting intil Monday 12/01/2014 at 10AM, we will be offering a Bonus Marks Weekend event where playing certain in-game content will reward you with a 50% Bonus to Fleet and/or Reputation Marks.

Enjoy the event, and check out our blog for the full details.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this what we are getting for the Black Friday sale?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Um not that we don't appreciate it, but the in game calendar say's this doesn't start for another 24 hours (I've just logged in so not run anything to confirm whether the event has actually started yet)?

Be great if the event has actually started earlier than the calander say's though.

Edit:- Although the fleet dilithium mine mission I've just turned in for fleet marks seems to be giving bonus marks so I guess it's working and its just the calendar that show's the wrong date.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mattaukett wrote: »
    Um not that we don't appreciate it, but the in game calendar say's this doesn't start for another 24 hours (I've just logged in so not run anything to confirm whether the event has actually started yet)?

Be great if the event has actually started earlier than the calander say's though.

Edit:- Although the fleet dilithium mine mission I've just turned in for fleet marks seems to be giving bonus marks so I guess it's working and its just the calendar that show's the wrong date.

It seems they decided to move it up.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Is this what we are getting for the Black Friday sale?

20% off on services, and an extra 15% when you buy zen (not using PWE cards) would probably be the sale. I'd be interested, except Arc hates my credit cards, and they're not doing the sale on their own cards.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It seems they decided to move it up.

... or the CM did sloppy work ... again ... Ingame it still says : "Starts in 23h 7min" ... would wait till official statement for this mess, before opening boxes ... somehow doubt it's "active" when ingame-mechanics say otherwise ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Would be nice if I could actually slot the Delta Reputation Double XP projects on my alts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    May use this to level up at least Romulan Rep on my Romulan. Together with the sponsor token, it shouldn't take much effort to complete it.

I also was waiting for teh Zen Bonus sale, just ordered my Zen to later purchase the Pathfinder.
    My Science Captain will getting back into a Intrepid class ship, never was really happy with the Vesta.

So thanks for the offers. :)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Would have been nice if the in game calendar hadn't said it started tomorrow. Would have saved my Defera runs til this evening instead of doing them this afternoon...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I need a few more marks to get my last gear from the Dyson for my KDF. So this should help him out. My Romulan just finished her Romulan Rep. My Fed Eng isn't really collecting marks for the Delta, however what few extra won't hurt. In hopes to get 4 more power cells for the rifle through the 20 hour project.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    To earn the gear we need items like the Ancient Power Cells, Isomorphic Injections etc

I've been playing this game for over 4 years, and to date the only armor visual I have unlocked is the Omega gear, and that was earned pre the reputation system. If some of these items can only be earned through queued missions which are all but empty when you have free time, there is little point in getting marks to begin with, or partaking in the reputation system at all.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    To earn the gear we need items like the Ancient Power Cells, Isomorphic Injections etc

I've been playing this game for over 4 years, and to date the only armor visual I have unlocked is the Omega gear, and that was earned pre the reputation system. If some of these items can only be earned through queued missions which are all but empty when you have free time, there is little point in getting marks to begin with, or partaking in the reputation system at all.

This is why I'm not doing the Delta Rep. If I get points then I will use them. But I'm not going out of my way to get them. There is no story progression, and I can't get the power cells unless I do the 20 hour project (pure luck), or STF. To bad it wasn't like the Dyson, where you had a nice ground battle. That is how I got the ones for my armor and rifle set.

Only way you get me to do Reps is story progression and offer something I really want. I wanted the new Delta compression phaser rifle. Looks like my chances are very slim.

• Options
    rickymbal3rickymbal3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had been hoarding my stockpile of mark boxes until this event. When I went to open up the 100 mark boxes, the list showed 150 of everything, but only 100 for Delta marks. Bug?

Update: My 250 box is not awarding ANY bonus marks.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rickymbal3 wrote: »
    I had been hoarding my stockpile of mark boxes until this event. When I went to open up the 100 mark boxes, the list showed 150 of everything, but only 100 for Delta marks. Bug?

or it hasn't started, yet ... DEV Blog & Ingame Event Calender say 2 different things ...
  • Options
    squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Look i don't even ****ing care, fix the god damn XP. Sigh...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    This is why I'm not doing the Delta Rep. If I get points then I will use them. But I'm not going out of my way to get them. There is no story progression, and I can't get the power cells unless I do the 20 hour project (pure luck), or STF. To bad it wasn't like the Dyson, where you had a nice ground battle. That is how I got the ones for my armor and rifle set.

Only way you get me to do Reps is story progression and offer something I really want. I wanted the new Delta compression phaser rifle. Looks like my chances are very slim.

Yeah, you have to do some queues for Ancient Power Cells.
    But why don't you join a few runs of Bug Hunt?
    Even Elite is so easy it is rarely if ever failed , and most teams can carry you without a problem. Elite rewards 2 APCs so you should be done quick with getting enough for your rifle.
    If you are not yet 60, Advanced only rewards 1 but is of course a little easier.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to do some queues for Ancient Power Cells.
    But why don't you join a few runs of Bug Hunt?
    Even Elite is so easy it is rarely if ever failed , and most teams can carry you without a problem. Elite rewards 2 APCs so you should be done quick with getting enough for your rifle.
    If you are not yet 60, Advanced only rewards 1 but is of course a little easier.

I may try it then. To see what happens. My ground gear is more current than my ships gear is. So I know I can hold up better and get nice DPS.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    farmallm wrote: »
    I may try it then. To see what happens. My ground gear is more current than my ships gear is. So I know I can hold up better and get nice DPS.

Just some hints for gear.
    The Bugs deal mostly toxic damage, so if you have any armor that has toxic resists you will die less if at all, even if it is just an EV-suit.

If you have the MACO ground set, use the Shield and Rifle in your secondary slot to get the shield recharge ability.

For main attacks use a pulsewave, Adapted MACO is pretty good here.

Recommended Kill order: Pestilant (they fly so sometimes the sniper is better than pulsewave)-> Ravager (sometimes they sit on a rock shelve, so sniper is useful here, too) -> Delver

Otherwise, just stick close to the team.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    adamofnod wrote: »
    Would be nice if I could actually slot the Delta Reputation Double XP projects on my alts...

If you're referring to the "accept sponsorship token" project, sounds like the same bug I just hit a few days ago. I found a work-around:
    • Slot any other project in the Upgrade slot. Don't contribute anything to it.
    • Slot the Sponsorship project after it.
    • Cancel the first project.
    • The Sponsorship project becomes active.

You should now be able to contribute the sponsorship token into the project, and have it complete normally.

I had to do this for my 11 alts, but they're all getting double Delta XP now. Everyone's up to Tier 2 now. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    If you're referring to the "accept sponsorship token" project, sounds like the same bug I just hit a few days ago. I found a work-around:

You should now be able to contribute the sponsorship token into the project, and have it complete normally.

You can slot any project at all, even just the daily project will get it to show up. It just needs you to show it some love and interact with it first before it's willing to give you the good stuff. :P
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The event indeed has begun, the in-game calendar is a day off after the decision was made to start the event a day early due to the US Holiday that will have us out of the office the rest of the week.

Enjoy the Bonus Marks everyone!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    "Mark Package - Multiple Choice (20)"

Rewards :

30 Omega Marks
    30 Nukura Marks
    30 Dyson Marks
    30 Undine Marks
    20 Delta Marks

what's up with that ... Event bugged again ?

I also got Bonus Marks from "Delta Alliance Daily Bonus Marks", while not getting them from regular "Delta Alliance Mark Package" (all of them stored) ... Bug ? Exploit ? Witchcraft ? ... I'm confused ...
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Rewards :

30 Omega Marks
    30 Nukura Marks
    30 Dyson Marks
    30 Undine Marks
    20 Delta Marks

I also got Bonus Marks from "Daily Alliance Daily Bonus Marks", while not getting them from regular "Delta Alliance Mark Package" (all of them stored) ... Bug ? Exploit ? Witchcraft ? ... I'm confused ...

Always happens with new rep systems during their first bonus marks event. They don't seem to learn.
  • Options
    baxus359baxus359 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How does one get these extra marks? Is it automatic after completing an event?
  • Options
    adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bberge1701 wrote: »

I had to do this for my 11 alts, but they're all getting double Delta XP now. Everyone's up to Tier 2 now. :)
    You can slot any project at all, even just the daily project will get it to show up. It just needs you to show it some love and interact with it first before it's willing to give you the good stuff. :P

Thanks for the "fix" it solved the problem! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So, delta marks event is broken? lol cryptic

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    baxus359 wrote: »
    How does one get these extra marks? Is it automatic after completing an event?

Good Question !

~30 min ago it said i.E. ~50 Marks in the popup and I got ~65 Marks instead ... just did Bug Hunt Advanced, now it's both 37 Marks ... working as intended ?

Is it a Daily Thing now ? ... Bonus Marks once a day, or something ... I don't get it ...
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it looks like they also cut off bonus from the 250 choice mark box we had in stock :

I opened some of them and only get 250 rom/nukara/Dyson/delta/omega/etc marks

and apparently people dont even get bonus for delta ... patetic work like always.

nice broken event/nerf/rip off/whatever they always do to make us mad at them....
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Rewards :

30 Omega Marks
    30 Nukura Marks
    30 Dyson Marks
    30 Undine Marks
    20 Delta Marks

I also got Bonus Marks from "Delta Alliance Daily Bonus Marks", while not getting them from regular "Delta Alliance Mark Package" (all of them stored) ... Bug ? Exploit ? Witchcraft ? ... I'm confused ...

That's what happens when they nerf the Daily Bonus Marks crate, eh? Ah well, this one wasn't a major motivator anyway... specific things take Rep Marks, everything takes dilithium. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    baxus359baxus359 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Could those of us who don't understand how to do this event..please receive some information on how to do this.
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Always happens with new rep systems during their first bonus marks event. They don't seem to learn.

Incompetence, tends to promote such behavior. They'll of course call it an "oversight", which will be fixed before the next time this event rolls around. And when it does come up again, it will be EXACTLY the same as it is now, and deemed "Working as intended".
This discussion has been closed.