Options

Bonus Marks Weekend Event - Ended

13»

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    The moment they started with the exceptions for the dil event (crystalline catastrophe event rep project not granting bonus dil), it was clear the events were going downhill.
    That's a good exception. It was ridiculous that players had to keep the project unfinished indefinitely to get a better reward.

Not giving bonus marks on stockpiled boxes is a good exception, too. For the same reason. I have better uses for my bank slots than several months supply of mark boxes waiting for a bonus event. Although IMO they should've solved the issue by making the marks boxes self-opening instead, because the ability to stockpile them in the first place is kinda stupid (the marks represent favors owed by the factions involved, not exactly something you can box up and stack in a cargo hold).

Not giving bonus for the daily marks, that's a bad exception.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I personally like the events or certain event over the weekend when they began but now they have become pontless so much I don;t see a reason to log on during this event. I can see the next dil event will say you can only get the extra dil if you do the academy quiz only. unless things change they will start to lose more money after how bad DR is they are really needing it imo
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    warpangel wrote: »
    That's a good exception. It was ridiculous that players had to keep the project unfinished indefinitely to get a better reward.

Not giving bonus marks on stockpiled boxes is a good exception, too. For the same reason. I have better uses for my bank slots than several months supply of mark boxes waiting for a bonus event. Although IMO they should've solved the issue by making the marks boxes self-opening instead, because the ability to stockpile them in the first place is kinda stupid (the marks represent favors owed by the factions involved, not exactly something you can box up and stack in a cargo hold).

Nobody every "had to" keep these projects running, or store up dozens of boxes in their bank slots. These could be turned in or opened at any point you wanted to. If you choose to do it, then that's you're choice. Excluding them still isn't a good move on their part because it'll only make these events less popular.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    warpangel wrote: »

Can't say I agree about what you call good exceptions.

Patience is a virtue. No one is forced to keep the project unfinished. No one is forced to keep the boxes for futher use. (I could actually argue we may soon be forced to complete all right away - so we're going from a system of choices to a predetermined path we can't really control -> Not fun.)

And you even state a downside to keeping boxes, the place it takes in banks, inventories. Therefore I see no problem in mark boxes being affected by bonuses. Advantages: you get more marks. Disadvantages: you may have to wait, you will need a place to store them. The choice is yours.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
This discussion has been closed.