test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account server Maintainance [completed]

krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
But i only got one spec point last night.... don't roll me back please....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looking for the release notes for today's maintenance, which are conspicuous by their absence...
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I believe with emergency patches they wait to disclose the notes.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is Account Server Maintenance. It is probably to fix the problem with download speeds with the new Patch. It is not Game Server changes.

This is not the first time STO has had Account Server Maintenance. It is not even the 20th time over the last 5 years.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It is Account Server Maintenance. It is probably to fix the problem with download speeds with the new Patch. It is not Game Server changes.

This is not the first time STO has had Account Server Maintenance. It is not even the 20th time over the last 5 years.

Link to the current announcement?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2014
    Maybe they'll put shields on the DJ so you can't kill her anymore.

Bunch of whiners... ARTISTS DON'T FIX BUGS, GUYS.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    how dare they disconnect me with 8 minutes to spare? I was in a lovely gun battle :(
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Disconnected eight minutes earlier than planned.

More dodgy maths, Cryptic? :D
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    krilldarn wrote: »
    But i only got one spec point last night.... don't roll me back please....

Don't worry.

Your account will just be deleted entirely.

And tomorrow, when the Cryptic Deletion Ray Satellite finally crosses your country, they will complete their work by deleting you from the time stream entirely.

Mustrum "We have a strict No Refunds policy here at the Lobi Consortium" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The point being that the announced maintenance was the account server... so no c-store or sub activity...

this is shard maintenance..... totally different and usually after an exploit is found or a major bug in game..... A simple tweet and post on the forum would at least put peoples mind at rest that no new nerf was incoming....
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Suppose to be 10 am my time not even that yet when I was pulled out of gun fight on Nimbus 3! :(

Anyway why are weapons being allowed at CLUB 47? Disable all weapons then you don't have these issues with the DJ. I am there to dance up the floor, not to do battle. But some players see the need to fool around with others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jstewart55 wrote: »

LOL. Me too. I was just about to do a quick test of Argala, when... poof! And there I was, thinking they had taken nerfing to the extreme. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Nah Gecko was in charge of the shut-down. However he is also in charge of the boot up.

Cya all in 2016.

;)
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Link to the current announcement?
    If you want to complain that Smirk or Trendy did not put a post in the News section that is valid complaint.

But here is a difference between Account Server Maintenance and Emergency Maintenance or Scheduled Maintenance. This game has had many Account Server Maintenances over the years; and they have nothing to do with Patching the game. They are about fixing Login and download issues.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited November 2014

of course, 1 plus 1=3

it's the new math they're teaching these days

http://boingboing.net/2014/03/10/a-math-teacher-explains-new.html
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "please check the forums for more information"

Umm Ok.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The point being that the announced maintenance was the account server... so no c-store or sub activity...

this is shard maintenance..... totally different and usually after an exploit is found or a major bug in game..... A simple tweet and post on the forum would at least put peoples mind at rest that no new nerf was incoming....

It was announced in my launcher. Not sure if Arc or Steam would also show that message, though.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited November 2014
    i think it's in regards to the slow patching
  • ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    even their announcements are nerfed.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They are fixing a bug that instead of it being 150k per level which is totally ridiculous, its now 250k which is now much better and grindy, YOU GRIND NOW!!!!!, NO FUN UNTIL YOU DO!!!
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "please check the forums for more information"

Umm Ok.

There must be another forum we are not aware of.:rolleyes:
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Planned? I didn't get ANY notification until just a few mins before I got booted. Just enough time to do a few DOff missions & some crafting slots...
    The point being that the announced maintenance was the account server...
    Really, who announced this, and where??

And yes, thecosmic1, my point is that there appears to be no communication about this. Now the launcher says "Please check the forums for more information." Where?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited November 2014
    it's announced on the launcher.
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    Planned? I didn't get ANY notification until just a few mins before I got booted. Just enough time to do a few DOff missions & some crafting slots...

Really, who announced this, and where??

It was announced in the launcher (not arc, the actual game launcher) and was there for at least the last 6 hours.
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It can be only one of two categories of failure:
    1) Game breaker - the game has a critical flaw and can't be played.
    2) Bank breaker - the game has a critical flaw that costs PWE money but could still be played.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There must be another forum we are not aware of.:rolleyes:

We spent so much time on Earth Spacedock that we didn't bother going out exploring and finding new things, like forums.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It was announced in my launcher. Not sure if Arc or Steam would also show that message, though.

yes it was announced on my launcher too. the point being that the "server" comprises many different machines, some of which can be taken down and altered without pulling down the shard, If the shard was coming down then there would have been announcements like shard down in 60 mins or 30 min or 15.......

This is additional to the announced maintenance as they never said the shard was being shut down for the account server....
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if later metrics showed there was actually nothing wrong with the login servers, but people simply CHOSE not to log in any more?! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2014
    i got one notification 2 minutes before it went down, stating i had 10 minutes
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i got one notification 2 minutes before it went down, stating i had 10 minutes

I hear unexplained time loss is a symptom of alien abduction.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yes it was announced on my launcher too. the point being that the "server" comprises many different machines, some of which can be taken down and altered without pulling down the shard, If the shard was coming down then there would have been announcements like shard down in 60 mins or 30 min or 15.......

This is additional to the announced maintenance as they never said the shard was being shut down for the account server....

I got the 15 min warning then I got booted a couple minutes later. A few seconds after finishing Skirmish.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.