test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

100 Things that would make STO BETTER!

Comments

• f0xef0xe Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would like more ground Daily quests that i can do with my boffs. Like the defari ground daily.

I love this game. for all the negative comments on the forums i want to say cryptic seams to be moving this game in the right direction with every patch. Just my opinion.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This game doesn't need 100 things for it to get better.

It needs only one thing;
    To give the players the idea (or at least the illusion) that they care.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vfpfyasko1 wrote: »
    106: Capable programmers that know what they are doing. I know modders that could do a better job with this game and that is fact!

This first. This so VERY first. Seriously.

I'd say no to more lockboxes (because really? Do we need more garbage to grind for?).

And well, um. James Doohan and Ricardo Montalban? I can't begin to imagine how much Cryptic would have to pay to get them, since it would involve digging up Montalban and reconstituting Doohan from his ashes, then reanimating them both. They've been dead for years, now.

And honestly? As much of a fan as I am (40+ years), I'd say no to a T6 Constitution.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Enterprise (although I have to admit I prefer the Constitution Refit 1701 with "no bloody A, B, C, or D." But it's just not appropriate to the time STO takes place.

The starships of "today" are made to last about 100 years. When Generations took place, it was already over 80 years since the Enterprise-A was retired. It's simply too old.

And yeah, Jeffrey Combs. We need the Dominion to find a way to bring back Weyoun, dammit!
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) Give us more to do on the homewards...going to Andoria and Vulcan seem to be a waste. Take some of that New Rom magic and apply it to those worlds. Give us more to do on Earth...at the very least we should be able to go to Star Fleet Command.

2) Open up the rest of the Alpha quadrant....allow us to go to Betazed or Ferenginar.

3) Personal missions. If I roll a Vulcan allow me to take the Kohlinar or under go the Pon Far

4) Ship missions...an alien being that thinks he is Odin takes control of my ship and I have to get it back....or space hippies take it over...or some disease has infected the crew and we race to find the cure before everyone dies of space madness.

5) Arch nemesis. Kirk had Khan...Picard had Q...Sisko had Gul Dukat...allow us to create an archenemies who randomly shows up in a mission and makes things harder than they already are.

6) Alternative routes of leveling up...as a refugee of COH I remember they had the sewer instance where players could go from level 1-10 in a few minutes of play. This could be where exploration comes into play.

7) Less Ques and more random appearances. Take non event CC out of a cue and have it as a random red alert that pops up all over space. Add more to the RA's than the borg. Include planet eaters or giant space amoebas...

8) Add iconic destinations...like the Galactic Barrier or the Great Barrier that encircles the galactic core.

9) The ability to craft our own ships.

10) Craft stories from existing Star Trek episodes. I think you guys do a good job of this already so keep doing this. Most of what's going on in DR seems to come from an episode of TNG. I am sure ENT, TOS, TNG and DS9 have lots more story to be mined.

11) New faction...I know people clamor for Cardassians or Borg...however with all the major powers making nice like I think a new mini-faction would be Merchant Marine. You are a civilian captain of your own ship but aligned with all three factions.Think of it like Cassidy from DS9 but from time to time The Federation, Republic and Empire call on you to do jobs they can't do.

that's all I got for now.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    1) Give us more to do on the homewards...going to Andoria and Vulcan seem to be a waste. Take some of that New Rom magic and apply it to those worlds. Give us more to do on Earth...at the very least we should be able to go to Star Fleet Command.

2) Open up the rest of the Alpha quadrant....allow us to go to Betazed or Ferenginar.

3) Personal missions. If I roll a Vulcan allow me to take the Kohlinar or under go the Pon Far

4) Ship missions...an alien being that thinks he is Odin takes control of my ship and I have to get it back....or space hippies take it over...or some disease has infected the crew and we race to find the cure before everyone dies of space madness.

5) Arch nemesis. Kirk had Khan...Picard had Q...Sisko had Gul Dukat...allow us to create an archenemies who randomly shows up in a mission and makes things harder than they already are.

6) Alternative routes of leveling up...as a refugee of COH I remember they had the sewer instance where players could go from level 1-10 in a few minutes of play. This could be where exploration comes into play.

7) Less Ques and more random appearances. Take non event CC out of a cue and have it as a random red alert that pops up all over space. Add more to the RA's than the borg. Include planet eaters or giant space amoebas...

8) Add iconic destinations...like the Galactic Barrier or the Great Barrier that encircles the galactic core.

9) The ability to craft our own ships.

10) Craft stories from existing Star Trek episodes. I think you guys do a good job of this already so keep doing this. Most of what's going on in DR seems to come from an episode of TNG. I am sure ENT, TOS, TNG and DS9 have lots more story to be mined.

11) New faction...I know people clamor for Cardassians or Borg...however with all the major powers making nice like I think a new mini-faction would be Merchant Marine. You are a civilian captain of your own ship but aligned with all three factions.Think of it like Cassidy from DS9 but from time to time The Federation, Republic and Empire call on you to do jobs they can't do.

that's all I got for now.

Far as arch nemesis. Actually each player ends up with a few. You just end up killing them.

Hakeev, The ambasssador from the first arc of the Federation story. The Jem'Hadar who takes over DS9. We actually see quite a few, they just don't live forever.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "1 T6 Constitution Class"

All I had to see and it's the very first one on the list to know this list is total joke.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    "1 T6 Constitution Class"

All I had to see and it's the very first one on the list to know this list is total joke.

I liked my list better.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014

At least this list was creative. Your just says the same thing over and over. I like your idea just not 100 of the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,670 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tldr;

you do realize a few of the actors you mention voice acting are either dead or are far too expensive to hire, right? and one, Beltran, HATED doing Voyager there is no way he would return.

T-6 Connie automatically puts this in the FCT category. NO END GAME CONNIES PER CBS.

Borg lockbox= horrible terrible completely stupid idea. in addition to no 3050 year old starships being end game, playable borg sips are the worst idea ever.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    edited November 2014
    Realistic ship controls

The ability too do Loop-DA-loops in space

able too call in fleet too assist once lvl60 (Fleet Admiral) - They mentioned this but vetoed the idea

oh and the ability too kick people out of mirror that don't know too help close rifts too prevent more ships from spawning
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1) A unicorn that poops gold, chocolate and rainbows
    edited November 2014
    1) A unicorn that poops gold, chocolate and rainbows

Yes !! for the win !!
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I want a T3 Connie retrofit.

If you get that then I get a T7 NX class :) lol
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At least this list was creative. Your just says the same thing over and over. I like your idea just not 100 of the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

It's quite obvious you didn't read the entire list ;) See #50.

Also, I put quite a bit of effort into that... ha, that's a lie.
    matlab wrote:
    function [] = STOreasons100()
    %Function to generate the top 100 things STO can do to improve

clear;
    clc;
    theoutput=zeros(100);
    count=1;
    while count<101
    theoutput(count)=count;
    fprintf('%d. Roll back Delta Rising.\n',theoutput(count))
    count=count+1;
    end

end
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why do I think the OP caught his limit?
    sig.jpg
    edited November 2014
    More 10+ player style mission

More Lockboxes too well we are at it
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • dracarus2013dracarus2013 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe this has already been said & I just missed it, but, I think they should open things up more by adding playable Dominion Faction(Founders, Jem Ha'dar, Cardassians, etc) which in turn could also possibly open up PvP options for something along the lines of "Faction Wars."
    Maybe even expand the Game Engine to allow you to chose your own destiny; play the character whatever way you want. Although in retrospect that would probably mean having to create a whole new game entirely.
    Raith Va'lek(Federation Human, Tactical) -- U.S.S. Thalindor
    Krayat(Klingon Alien, Tactical) -- I.K.S. Sa'Tan
    edited November 2014
    Maybe this has already been said & I just missed it, but, I think they should open things up more by adding playable Dominion Faction(Founders, Jem Ha'dar, Cardassians, etc) which in turn could also possibly open up PvP options for something along the lines of "Faction Wars."
    Maybe even expand the Game Engine to allow you to chose your own destiny; play the character whatever way you want. Although in retrospect that would probably mean having to create a whole new game entirely.

I second this motion !!! I have been dying for a Dominion Faction for years now.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • usswildfireusswildfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    #156: No spoonheads
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    CBS said NO to a T5 Connie. Give it up already you pathetic idiots.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ........i would prefer a t3/t4 retro/refit....besides cbs/cryptic has already said NO ENDGAME CONNIE !!!!............just say NO to t5/t6 connie
    edited November 2014
    lmao I love it when you "players" nerd rage when someone brings up a T5/T6 Connie. Have you ever wonder that's why we bring it up so we can get a laugh when your hello kitty panties get twisted.

lmao thank you for another laugh.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lmao I love it when you "players" nerd rage when someone brings up a T5/T6 Connie. Have you ever wonder that's why we bring it up so we can get a laugh when your hello kitty panties get twisted.

lmao thank you for another laugh.

Yep.

Plus they need to do a T5 HMS Pinafore first.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    CBS said NO to a T5 Connie. Give it up already you pathetic idiots.

You seem upset.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. CBS pulling the license and everything gets replaced by original Cryptic designs, names and places that are comical spoofs of the real thing.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited November 2014
    t6 Connie !!!!!
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. None of those.
    2. Put the game in the hands of someone else - as in, get it away from PWE.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Give the B'rel to the Romulans. They DID aquire the ship when they were allied with the KDF.
    edited November 2014
    Give the B'rel to the Romulans. They DID aquire the ship when they were allied with the KDF.

No No No No No !!!!!
    1Wv2pWK.gif