test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soo ... they're nerfing the Scimitar , but they're starting with it's pets ?

aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
Well , I don't know for sure that they are nerfing the Scimi ... , but it sounds like the way they work ... -- as in : do something that indirectly effects something and then later go in for the kill , piecemeal .

Usually , when something gets hammered indirectly , the "complainers" complain , and the White Knights dismiss as "it's not so bad / it won't be like that ! / you're over reacting" .
Let those games begin .

How ironic that in pre-DR STO (or is that pre-NGE ?) , the Devs solved issues by slapping a hangar deck on it .

Let's hope that those who got their careers in good faith (read : not to make 100K DPS vids' to troll the Devs) won't be pissed at the DPS crowd for ruining their ships ... , cuz it's not their fault .
They were just promoting how broken the game is (ships & all) in a way a 2 year old promotes his TRIBBLE (takes it out and waves it around) .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ...and there I was planning on getting a scimitar this month, I think I will rethink that decision now.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't see why you singled out the Scimitar , when almost all the pets are being nerf
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it were just the Scimitar that were the problem...why punish all of the rest of us carrier pilots? :-/ My Vesta has never been even close to OP.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You do realize that the Scim is just one of many ships that has hangars right?

Don't go Conspiracy-theory... It's not a hate-hunt for one stupid ship.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    You do realize that the Scim is just one of many ships that has hangars right?

Don't go Conspiracy-theory... It's not a hate-hunt for one stupid ship.

Well I did talk about the Scimitar , when the Jemmy Dred and the Narcine were also flotation in my head ... , but it was the DPS crowd that promoted the Scimi as the "if you want to get the best..." , not me ... , even tho I agree with that on paper at least (for me it's not a fun ship to fly , as it takes up too much of the screen) .

However , my focus was not on the ship , it was on the intent .

First they had the Mirror Invasion as a stand alone .
    Then they put it (as bonus XP) on the rotating Calendar .
    Then they just removed it .

It's all about the intent ... , and it's all about doing things piecemeal ... , as this nerf is not the end ... .

... but you're welcome to label this as a "conspiracy-theory" if you want to , as it falls nicely into the "it's not so bad" justification put out by those who do not see / do not want to see the bigger picture ... .

Plus what's wrong with a good conspiracy-theory now and again ? :D

... one man's conspiracy-theory is another man's theory crafting ...
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OP, found Infected Space Elite yet?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They're nerfing my Aquatic Carrier, is what. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    OP, found Infected Space Elite yet?

Nope . (see 2&3 row)

Happy ? :)
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No this isn' t fix designed to nerf carriers but to put pets back to the level where Cryptic thinks they should be.

The issue is here that where Cryptic thinks they should be is exactly opposite of where the player base thinks they should be. They increae difficulty, they increase mob hitpointsgive almost al mobs with aoe pet killers, then lower dps and survivabilitu of pets, lowering dps of carriers.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Nope . (see 2&3 row)

Happy ? :)

So you have. Good. I hope you've learnt your lesson about basic fact checking. You haven't learnt the one about not grabbing the wrong end of the stick, judging from the last three lines of the OP, but well, at least you've improved slightly.

The rest is of course, a recognition of being a frog in a pan of water.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    So you have. Good. I hope you've learnt your lesson about basic fact checking.

Not fact checking , more like being tired and remembering stuff from Tribble patch notes & such .

You haven't learnt the one about not grabbing the wrong end of the stick, judging from the last three lines of the OP,

Oh , I think the targets of my remarks are the ones who are guilty of that ... .

See , there are several communities that make up STO , and none of them rubbed the Dev's face in the state of the game as much and as publicly as the DPS crowd .

Not the Foundry folks (neglected for years) , not the KDF folks (neglected for years) , not the PVP folks (neglected for ever) , and with the exception perhaps of RSA , not the Podcast folks either (but even RSA had some style) .

And what the DPS folks want to ever so conveniently ignore is that for every action there is a reaction .
    It may not come right away ... (unless you're farming XP apparently....) , it may come by teaspoons to avoid the appearance of "Devs Gone Wild" (with the nerfbat) , but if you think that things will stay the way they are ... :cool:

... thus willful ignorance of this will not be accepted an an excuse ....
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thing that makes Romulans go "trololol" dps wise is that they can crew their whole BOFF stations with Superior Romulan Operative and the cloaking boost traits. That right there is 4-8% more crit chance than any other faction can achieve plus a good chunk of crit severity as a cherry on top. The scimi just adds insult to injury with hangars, 5 tac consoles and a fantastic boff layout.

Wanna fix the scimitar and romulans in general? Make superior operative no longer stack.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The Devs thought they had actually made this stuff difficult. They hadn't. The DPS guys have obliterated every bit of "harder" content offered.

DPS guys have offered, countless times, advice on how to improve NPCs. In fact, if we were in charge we could make NPC AI out-perform the average player in their own ship in their own build - that is how utterly crippled the Devs keep these little guys.

The very fact they offer a mediocre DPS race as an example of difficulty is worthy of derision. (It wasn't even a significant amount of damage either, if it was ten times as much on top of what it was then we might find it challenging. )

We DPS folks would absolutely love it if facing NPCs was like PvP. That is what we want. What was offered was just a minimum amount of damage in a maximum amount of time. Is it any wonder we complain at it?
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    However , my focus was not on the ship , it was on the intent

I don't think nerfing the scimitar is the intent here any more than buffing it was when they buffed beam overload (which was an indirect buff to the drone ships). And a small scimitar nerf isn't even the problem here (even if they cut drone dps in half it won't kill the ship). Its closest competitor is the Narcine AFAIK, which relies more on its pets so the scimitar will remain on top.

Meanwhile, the Atrox becomes even worse than it already is.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thing that makes Romulans go "trololol" dps wise is that they can crew their whole BOFF stations with Superior Romulan Operative and the cloaking boost traits. That right there is 4-8% more crit chance than any other faction can achieve plus a good chunk of crit severity as a cherry on top. The scimi just adds insult to injury with hangars, 5 tac consoles and a fantastic boff layout.

Wanna fix the scimitar and romulans in general? Make superior operative no longer stack.

I am sure this would be true, if the so-called Romulans had not been integrated into whatever faction you seem to think they're not a part of, and then mirrored into the other faction as well, just to make sure nobody gets something unique. If you can't be bothered to roll the appropriate subspecies for your supported faction, that is not a problem with the balancing, it is a problem you create for yourself. There are two *supported* factions in STO, so they are part of *your* content. And they are utterly balanced, since they are included in both the *existing* factions. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the poor galaxy class is getting hit... again

i am starting tot think the galaxy class ran over one of the devs mother
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gpgtx wrote: »

Can't forget about the Prometheus
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well , I don't know for sure that they are nerfing the Scimi ... , but it sounds like the way they work ... -- as in : do something that indirectly effects something and then later go in for the kill , piecemeal .

Usually , when something gets hammered indirectly , the "complainers" complain , and the White Knights dismiss as "it's not so bad / it won't be like that ! / you're over reacting" .
    Let those games begin .
    I don't think you know what that term actually means.

Down to business. What makes you think they care about nerfing the Scimitar in particular at all? How can you tell they are or will single it out after the pet fix?
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It was to good to last as long as it did. This game is like watching a plane crash. All time in money people put in to their ships was for nothing but putting money into PWE/Cryptic pocket.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sad thing is that before f2p pets were a lot stronger than they are now. Compared to those changes a new one to nerf them will be pretty much going from something KDF unique, to everyone getting a weak version of the old pets, to another nerf making them useless.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They didnt nerf the scimi. They nerfed obelisk, attrox, voquv...
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Hmm, perhaps Veridian III when Troi crashed the Enterprise-D?
  • Options
    hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just keep in mind that the Scimi itself wasn't nerfed. If anyone is relying on the drone ships for DPS, they're doing it wrong.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    If it were just the Scimitar that were the problem...why punish all of the rest of us carrier pilots? :-/ My Vesta has never been even close to OP.

thats your foult

vesta is one of the best sci ship or the best since the recluse is none

[#REMOVE THIS STUPID 300 SEC CD]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I don't think you know what that term actually means.

Down to business. What makes you think they care about nerfing the Scimitar in particular at all? How can you tell they are or will single it out after the pet fix?

I'm not sure you do.

From your link:

On an internet forum, a person who defends a member who is clearly wrong, usually with the hopes of gaining brownie points with said member. Often seen as negative behavior.

Similar to playing Devil's Advocate, but specific to internet forums.
    Member 1: Why all the hate? He made a valid point and you guys are just dismissing him.

Member 2: Dude, stop white knighting, the guy's a troll. You're just making it worse.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sinn74 wrote: »
    I'm not sure you do.

From your link:

On an internet forum, a person who defends a member who is clearly wrong, usually with the hopes of gaining brownie points with said member. Often seen as negative behavior.

Similar to playing Devil's Advocate, but specific to internet forums.
    Member 1: Why all the hate? He made a valid point and you guys are just dismissing him.

Member 2: Dude, stop white knighting, the guy's a troll. You're just making it worse.
    Exactly my point. There is no objective "clearly wrong", as what is clear for one person isn't clear for another. Both sides could have "white knighting" by that definition, so the concept is rendered effectively useless. The term is used as an ad hominem to avoid scrutiny and to keep the potential opposition at bay in hopes that they won't recognize that fallacy.

...what's your actual point now? Or did I hit the nail on the head?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i agree only reason for carier pets nerf is Scimitar i just wish they would nerf scimitar instead of everything else :(
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "And this is why we can't have nice things" ... lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh, as a general FYI - look up Level 60 pet stats.