test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30th October patch, XP nerf - 20% normal

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
RESOLVED - SEE POST #65

Many thanks to the community and to Borticus and colleagues for sorting this out.

Normal Difficulty: Before patch Kazon carrier 316 XP, after patch 253 XP, please check and confirm reduction.

EDIT: Advanced difficulty, Kazon carrier is now 316 XP, same as normal was prepatch.
EDIT2: Elite Kazon carrier give 504 XP, same as before iirc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lmafo every patch brings XP down more :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • strykewolf67strykewolf67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope not. Still patching.

Though, that said, I've pretty much stopped chasing exp/sp after the initial launch. I only go to DQ to do part of a patrol mission for the bonus mark box then leave.
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91438543000&dateline=1409236387[/SIGPIC]

Sarah Knightly - Co-leader; Frontier Explorers - U.S.S. Witchblade
    Rias Gremory - Leader; Frontier Marauders - I.K.S. B'ullwinkle
  • jgbr00jgbr00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As in another forum post, I commented on how the slog was too great in the 50-60 levels. Making this worse will only aggravate the situation further. As ever there is a balance between what is challenging and what is a slog. IE: the enjoyment users get from the game. If this is harder then I can only think how players will be alienated further and perhaps seek alternative entertainment.
    SRS - Fisher
    ADM Board, Whitehall, London - United Federation of Planets
    http://www.srs-fleet.net/
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess xp boosts arent selling as well as they hoped.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Will be checking this out as I'm not enjoying the grind for xp

And I'm not normally one to moan but please don't let this be true :-(
    JtaDmwW.png
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You should have known the xp was to good to be real, hopefully cryptic stands true to their course and remove all excess xp anyone has previously accumulated! /sarcasm
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My guess is they are fine-tuning STO for a Chinese release,and I'm serious about this btw.The game will run on a seperate server,so don't expect to see any Chinese players in the game we play.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I love Ostrich.

Head in sand, sees nothing.

Look at every ARC game. P2W. Grindfest years long easily alleviated by cash infusions.

Years ago people would run from playing a game where an average gamer cant compete with someone who has $1000s of disposable income a month.

But when they convert a good game into one stealthily over time, people deal with it.

Quite a brilliant way to start a korean grinder.

Disguise it as an american style fun game before putting in the years long grinds and super P2W. It also helps to do as much damage to the previous players of the old model so they leave and spread as little information about how the game used to be as possible.

Check, check and check. Swordsm- er, STO grind activate!
  • hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Before patch Kazon carrier 316 XP, after patch 253 XP, please check and confirm reduction.

EDIT: Advanced difficulty, Kazon carrier is now 316 XP, same as normal was prepatch.
    EDIT2: Elite Kazon carrier give 504 XP, same as before iirc.

I am seeing some issues on the DOFF missions, too. The delta quadrant missions which said they give out 1200XP (Broker Ongoing Aid for B'omar Refugees from ...) previously only rewarded 736 upon completion.

Upon looking at my Chat box, however, it said I received 957 Skill points. Keep in mind, that I had a consultant duty officer in Active Roster which says I get an extra 2%. Not sure if this is even working or not, because none of the numbers seem to match up as they should.

If the DOFF works as intended, I should have received 1224 XP. If they got nerfed and the 736 is the correct reward, the doff should have resulted in 750 XP received. But under no math I know of should I have received 957 XP out of the mission.
  • mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My guess is they are fine-tuning STO for a Chinese release,and I'm serious about this btw.The game will run on a seperate server,so don't expect to see any Chinese players in the game we play.

I'll bet they'll give the Chinese players loads and loads of preferential treatment over us. We already know that Craptic doesn't care about us.
  • captainmorgan210captainmorgan210 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [This post has been deleted]
  • viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I doubt this very much as star trek or any other ip that involves time travel is banned in china as of around may 2012.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    lmafo every patch brings XP down more :)

This is a joke, right?! Tell me it's a joke! Okay, you got me. I fell for it! Now proceed to telling me it ain't so.

And Argala?!

Seriously, what's with this crazed, obsessive desire to begrudge players their progress?!? Haven't they learned anything from 'Specgate'?! To quote young John Conner "Are we learning yet?!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    XP boosts are a poorly engineered value proposition.

The timed ones were better but may have pushed grinding.

Flat pay for XP would make more sense or even, say, 5% and 10% boosts that expire on level up.

But 20% until 1000 reached? I'll use it if it's free or a drop but I'd never pay for that, regardless of what the grind is.
  • kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't be serious.
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    This is a joke, right?! Tell me it's a joke! Okay, you got me. I fell for it! Now proceed to telling me it ain't so.

And Argala?!

Seriously, what's with this crazed, obsessive desire to begrudge players their progress?!? Haven't they learned anything from 'Specgate'?! To quote young John Conner "Are we learning yet?!"

the only joke are the ones running this game :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This entire games is turning into a joke without punch line before our very eyes.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited October 2014
    anyone recall when PWE bought cryptic how it was said oh PWE going to let them run the game as they see fit ? hope some of you still dont believe that now :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know that I have seen it anywhere, but how is XP on Normal comparing pre- and post-patch? I see Advanced and Elite stats but not Normal.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Feeling really discouraged right now. I have, for the most part, kept out of saying too much with regard to recent changes. I was sitting on the proverbial fence over most of it.

I can't anymore. It may sound paranoid - but I don't care; it actually feels as if they are actively TRYING to annoy us now. It's just one thing after another to the point where it's impossible to NOT feel insulted.
    And the 'log out and leave alone' side of the fence seems to be getting rather a lot closer now. :mad:

This would all make a lot of sense to me if paired with a cheap XP boost as a way of trying to get everyone to get mentally acclimated to paying a little.

Y'know, make base XP lousy, $5 for a 30 day 100% boost, boost included with gold. That might condition people to spend. The current approach just turns people away.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This can not be the case at all; I reread the patch notes for a second time and do not see any mention of reducing the XP for kills in the Delta Quadrant or for Doff missions. They would not not stealth nerf things like that now would they? ...Yea right;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited October 2014
    Maybe if we all rage hard enough, we'll get a "oops, forgot to include it in the notes" post, like the time they put a 4-hour cooldown on Tour the Universe.

What do you think, guys, can one dream that high?
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kblargh wrote: »
    Maybe if we all rage hard enough, we'll get a "oops, forgot to include it in the notes" post, like the time they put a 4-hour cooldown on Tour the Universe.

What do you think, guys, can one dream that high?
    It'll be locked now before we even hit post #40 :rolleyes:.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol and they not even have the courage to put that on the patch notes.

So, if everyone belived that the game was going bad, is clear it is not.. is going so good for them ($$$$$) thet they even push it a bit more. I guess this game has really good whales.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited October 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    It'll be locked now before we even hit post #40 :rolleyes:.

love that sig :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    We are investigating this. There was no additional reduction to XP rewards planned with yesterday's patch.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited October 2014
    ...i stand corrected.

And anxiously await for IT to be corrected.
  • alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Edit.. ok thank god this is just a bug..
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    alaerick wrote: »
    Edit.. ok thank god this is just a bug..

And we all know bugs get fixed ASAP!
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's really a shame to reduce the XP even lower than prior. Where is the CEO? What does he have to say about all of this! I don't play as much as I use too. Only that one night for one mission for several hours. They need to put the fun back into the game points wise. Now everything you need have to cough-up for. Where is the model for online gaming sure not like it use to be.. If the players are down in playing, lets bring in an event and add one prize to lure them in for 14-days so the home office (parent company) can see we're doing things right here in the states! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!