Install Arc
Options

Dead Queues

Comments

• Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    LoR could be "done" as fast as DR, if not even faster. Just run the Romulan missions one after the other, and you're done.

I didn't have that kind of stamina. I could only do a couple of missions a day. The "paradise city" arc took at least half a week. And once you finished that, you could level a Klingon in an additional 20 levels of new content.
    The gatedness of DR content breaks the flow for me, so I'll play until I hit a barrier, then doff for a couple of days, occasionally upgrading something, until I can play the storyline again.

The combination of the level gates in DR, the loadout bugs, and the ongoing doffing/crafting/upgrading bugs has really sapped my enthusiasm.
    Plus, I now have Diablo 3 for the PS4 which has no story, but lets me cut slaughter hordes of demons, so that's been some strong time competition.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I won't be re-playing 600 story missions to max level for +2.5 to flanking damage

... PER CHARACTER

I am also not going to rebuy all my old gear for millions of dil or put dil into the crafting-upgrading lottery with the missing mods they promised.

And the copy-paste t5u can get a bucket to jump in, just to play queues with 200% reduced dil and forced failures

Either one of the those alone ranks as top stupidity in history of online - in a game that was already working

What a waste

So I mean you can add the stolen dil back or the stolen levels but then you still got the 25 other problems they introduced ruining the game still
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gardat wrote: »

There just isn't anything to do anymore. My fellow fleet members are fairly hardcore long time players who spend significant money on this game but most of the endgame queues dead people are just moving on.

I've reached that roadblock as well. I'm at Endgame but am essentially locked out of Endgame since I'm not one of the 5% of Godlike players who can literally DPS the Gods out of existence. No chance of being able to complete the Advance queues, no one playing them and the frustration around cooldowns from Optional failure is in no way enticing me to come back soon.

Its now log on, do the odd story mission (which I am taking my time through), DOFF for ten mins and then leave the game in the dying state it's in.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's 1% at most, not 5%.
    I'm willing to be with the most that consider themselves superior DPSers that they utterly fail to complete Borg DCed Elite and BoK Elite.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The hope was that people would spend millions of dil on re-buying their old gear just for permission to take a 200% reduction in dil drop on "old-elite".

They are holding out in the hope that people are just working on upgrading but that it will take time.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Really, all failures I see in advanced queues at this point in time have been due to poor tactics being exercised during pugs rather than lack of DPS. For example, yes, I know a cube over a transformer in KSA has more HP. Concentrate more on it and team attack it, don't spawn three cubes at the same time and then get pissed when you're overwhelmed and next thing you know the probe watch has to attempt to fend off two or three cubes while keeping probes out of the gate. These things are really not hard to succeed at without uber DPS if you use your brain more and your spacebar less.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Dil was reduced exactly so people would be in trouble and need even more.
    Remember the rule of acquisition: once you have their money, never give them back.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Really, all failures I see in advanced queues at this point in time have been due to poor tactics being exercised during pugs rather than lack of DPS. For example, yes, I know a cube over a transformer in KSA has more HP. Concentrate more on it and team attack it, don't spawn three cubes at the same time and then get pissed when you're overwhelmed and next thing you know the probe watch has to attempt to fend off two or three cubes while keeping probes out of the gate. These things are really not hard to succeed at without uber DPS if you use your brain more and your spacebar less.

I agree that there are fail criteria at place which can easily be dealt with by the minor strategies familiar to players for years. The problem is that even if you do those fail criteria are supported by a timer which brings enemy hull hit points in correlation to the teams damage output to nothing more than very strict DPS.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2014
    I also see the specter of racism or nationalism in this complaints about "Chinese company." Who cares where the company is located? Is it a cue that you are meant to hate it because its from China?

Believe it or not, on Amazon, I remember reading complaints that if tea came from China, the complainers weren't going to buy it. Where did they think tea originally came from?

Paper was invented in China.

Spaghetti was invented in China.

Rockets, gunpowder, and fireworks were invented in China.

Just so you know, not all that China does gets my approval -- the suppression of Tibet being one example; how Beijing is dealing with Hong Kong is another; Tian an Men in 1989 is another.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Spaghetti is Italian. Chinese have similar things call noodles. Noodles have slightly different texture and flavors. google next time :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    Spaghetti is Italian. Chinese have similar things call noodles. Noodles have slightly different texture and flavors. google next time :P
    Those noddles pre-date ancient Rome.
    Believe it or not, on Amazon, I remember reading complaints that if tea came from China, the complainers weren't going to buy it. Where did they think tea originally came from?

Paper was invented in China.

Rockets, gunpowder, and fireworks were invented in China.

Just so you know, not all that China does gets my approval -- the suppression of Tibet being one example; how Beijing is dealing with Hong Kong is another; Tian an Men in 1989 is another.

"God created the World. Everything else is made in China."
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Those noddles pre-date ancient Rome.

something tells me you are not a chef :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Something tells me you are not a student of history. :rolleyes:

The Chinese invented noodles, the Italians showed the world how to serve them.

you not a chef to spaghetti is italian, noodles are chinese. 2 different types of pasta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    I won't be re-playing 600 story missions to max level for +2.5 to flanking damage

... PER CHARACTER

I am also not going to rebuy all my old gear for millions of dil or put dil into the crafting-upgrading lottery with the missing mods they promised.

And the copy-paste t5u can get a bucket to jump in, just to play queues with 200% reduced dil and forced failures

Either one of the those alone ranks as top stupidity in history of online - in a game that was already working

What a waste

So I mean you can add the stolen dil back or the stolen levels but then you still got the 25 other problems they introduced ruining the game still

Capital investments have been made, and MUST be recovered

No going back on anything, if anything its going to become more desperate.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We only really do Advanced/Elite STFs with Fleetmates now in private queues? Why? Because with the changes and possible failures with no rewards, it makes zero sense to just PUG the queues and get someone who is either there to grief; or never bothered to learn the encounter by doing Normals first; and more often than not, have no clue as to how to coordinate; or even listen/follow simple instructions.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And back on-topic.

Something tells me that today's nerf to the XP that can earned from playing on Normal is going to make the already bad situation with regard to the queues even worse.

At this point, a cynical/pessimistic person might be forgiven for thinking that they are actively trying to drive players away.
    :mad:

It falls in line with converting a non grinder game into one. You have to kill off the old playerbase that was used to relatively normal reward/time ratios, as well as having knowledge of how the game used to be.

You cant have a constant influx of players who come in, start playing, see how great it could be, drop a few bucks, then by the time they reach end they leave, as another chump starts up, if people are warning them the entire time about the back end.

A stable, knowledgable playerbase is counterproductive to this style of cash grabbing. Therefore we must be killed off.

If you look at a lot of recent changes made, does this seem to make a little more sense about the direction they are taking things? Go look at some of the other ARC games and how they run the stores, and the time/reward ratios and you will see STO was the exception.

WAS, being the key word.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    :eek:

So many issues with todays patch. I've done 6+ PvE queues a night for months, then only 1 on Tuesday and NONE last night. My nightly 5+ hours have been cut as of last night to less time than it takes to post a second post on this forum.

GG cryptic

I've been away from Star Citizen too long playing STO, at east in SC everyone knows it's in alpha. I'm going 'home'.

Enjoy your empty queues, and empty forums.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    solspotsolspot Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    That, sadly, makes perfect sense. And that it makes so much sense is VERY sad. :(

I started trying to tell people this day 1 of DR. Getting all kinds of hate thrown at me for trying to tell people the new direction they are taking the game.

All the problems that came about a week later just added to my suspicion, and this last week merely confirmed it. People think its just another uproar like the tons in the past.(lol no game should have so many I Quit moments) All it takes is looking at history, looking at their other products, and you could see the correlation of events to come.

Then, like dominos everything started falling into place.

The DOOOM threads are nonsense because this is more than just crying about a race, or a feature, or a change you dont like. This is core fundamentals of reward/time ratios combined with heavy monetization. AKA, Grinder game activated.

I played Champions, Swordsman and STO. I was an active subscriber my entire time in STO, and was willing to spend about $20 a month on other games they made. Eventually I noticed how $20 is NOTHING in games like these. And thats when I uninstalled ARC, and on the SAME DAY found so many good games out there that dont follow the Zynga laws of money making.

You know, where your $20 actually gets you something tangible and rewarding, and most of all, FUN.

This aint the STO you guys came to know and love, with content updates and new shiney things to buy. Now, EVERYTHING needs Dil, the rewards have been neutered, and the amount of time it takes to get a sense of accomplishment is so out of whack I can start damn near any other game out there and have an "endgame" character in less time than it takes to HALFWAY finish crafting and spec trees on ONE character. Unless of course I spend $200.

Which is ludicrous.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Give it a couple weeks and pug advance queues will not exist.

Before DR their were 40-100 players playing each of the borg elite stf's (besides hive) and you could queue up and be inside a stf within 30 seconds.

Yesterday the advanced queues had 5-20 playing each of the borg stf's and it took a couple minutes to get into a group.

The worst part is most of the advanced groups you get into will last 10 minutes and fail the mission giving you no dilithium and 10 marks plus an hour cooldown on that stf.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    The exception is normal queues.

Actually no there not the exception they've taken a hit as well I know because that's all I've ever played in this game and even those are hit.

The rewards are out of whack too on all of them because it's not based on the time you spend in the thing.

For example, the disconnected borg Stf taked three times as long as the Cure Found but the Cure Found is almost always guaranteed to be 100 marks per run whereas I might get 45 on the DB run each time even with a good team.

So they really need to address this problem with their reward system. It's not just the dilithium, it's also on the ground missions, it's the reason why I refuse to go to Defera borg zone anymore.
  • Options
    karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am only log in for a few minutes to refine my stocked dil and fire up some research in a wait for a better times to play. Still wondering if i have to bother with the mirror event. I was active in public pve because i didn't have the patience to wait for my fleet members to get ready. Well now i am not playing so yes, i can imagine.
  • Options
    ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Erm... have they removed a load of PVEs? Gorn Minefiled? The Big Dig? Starbase 24? basically the Gear/Dil reward ones?
  • Options
    paarethpaareth Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've not seen any growth in how long it takes me to get in a PVE queue, but again everyone's experiences will be different.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    Give it a couple weeks and pug advance queues will not exist.

Before DR their were 40-100 players playing each of the borg elite stf's (besides hive) and you could queue up and be inside a stf within 30 seconds.

Yesterday the advanced queues had 5-20 playing each of the borg stf's and it took a couple minutes to get into a group.

The worst part is most of the advanced groups you get into will last 10 minutes and fail the mission giving you no dilithium and 10 marks plus an hour cooldown on that stf.

You are correct, yesterday I was hoping that the reduction in participation in regular queues is due to mirror event and players would run all that. Well... players are running Mirror Event with preference and one has no trouble to queue up at least for that. Problem is just that compared to previous events like this one only 10% of players seem to enjoy the event. Considering the reward (less skill points than on ground, no delta marks) I can not blame anybody.

Well with mirror event running at least there is something to play at for the moment..
    animated.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The trend will continue until the Ques are completely dead.

Players that are trying to get Rep Gear can't get their gear. They need the Advanced Ques to get the processors, but they can't complete the ques because they don't have rep gear.

Geared out Veteran Players won't touch it because if they get 1 or 2 people that aren't max geared it's an instant fail.

Cryptic has managed to create a difficulty setting that appeals to absolutely no one. Don't look for it to improve anytime soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I’m in total agreement with the rest of your post but I really hope you are not correct there:

Cryptic has managed to create a difficulty setting that appeals to absolutely no one. Don't look for it to improve anytime soon.

This would mean Game Over for A LOT of players.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You are correct, yesterday I was hoping that the reduction in participation in regular queues is due to mirror event and players would run all that. Well... players are running Mirror Event with preference and one has no trouble to queue up at least for that. Problem is just that compared to previous events like this one only 10% of players seem to enjoy the event. Considering the reward (less skill points than on ground, no delta marks) I can not blame anybody.

Well with mirror event running at least there is something to play at for the moment..

I kind of like the mirror event but it seems no one is running the borg stf much anymore with the mirror event going on. When i logged in this afternoon at 6pm pst there was this breakdown for advanced queues
    ISA:10 playing 3 waiting
    ICA:5 playing 1 waiting
    Cure:0 playing 3 waiting
    Borg disconnect:0 playing 4 waiting
    Mirror event:10 playing 3 waiting

Less then 40 people either waiting for or playing an advanced queue thats sad considering there were more people playing the old ISE at midnight before DR launched.

They really are trying to get people to play i mean do the mirror event 14 times and get 50k dilithium is really generous for Cryptic/PWE plus 500 fleet marks/250 rep marks and a shotgun.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I’m in total agreement with the rest of your post but I really hope you are not correct there:

This would mean Game Over for A LOT of players.

I hope I'm wrong too.

Especially because it's so easy to fix. It feels right now like they're afraid that fixing it would be some type of admission that they made a mistake. Why that's bad, I don't know, but that's how it feels so far.

I hope they just put the Advanced Ques back like they were.. they used to be fun.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I hope they just put the Advanced Ques back like they were.. they used to be fun.

Exactly and best part about them was they used to be fun for… everybody! :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They really need to resolve al this now and fast. I'm stunned how dead the queues are. And they really are dead. You can barely get 5 players together for anything at all. Its time for drastic action - another patch to Advanced to reduce enemy HP back to the old Elite and a serious evaluation of these optionals (either remove them or rejig them so they aren't so formidable).