test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dead Queues

phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
so... how long till cryptic admits the vast majority of the playerbase is outright ignoring/refusing to play STFs, fleet actions/etc? and decides to... you know, tune them?

queues are somehow deader than they were pre-DR, the only queue that actually sees some degree of moderate activity is mostly crystalline catastrophe and disconnected with some low activity for infected and khitomer.

before there used to be 70-150 people playing infected on any given time, 50-100+ doing crystalline, 30-80+ doing khitomer, not to mention plenty of other queues also saw some activity like undine infiltration, vicious cycle, rh'lhho station, the breach, gorn minefield, colony invasion, starbase defense.

the state of the queues is depressing, and this is supposed to be an expansion release.
Post edited by phoenicius on

Comments

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The exception is normal queues.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    The exception is normal queues.

not even normal queues, they're just as dead, also i was including normal queues when i posted.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I spent an evening downloading DR. Fired up the game. After finding out with shock and horror that all my super expensive lobi/lockbox ships are now in the same not-T6 trash tier as everything else, I fired up ISE just to warm up. Or whatever ISE is called nowadays.

Imagine how much fun I had, how excited I was to find that the mission's enemies now took 3 times longer to kill and "optional" objectives were now required objectives. Imagine how much that fun and excitement compounded when we finally got to the end screen, and we got half the reward that was the previous norm.

Miission is harder, takes 3 times longer, gives half the reward, and you're wondering why the queues are dead?
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    They're VERY unlikely to admit anything.

The offical statement, as described, and indeed quoted, in other threads is that DR has been a huge success.

Although I will say, this early into the new expansion, I wouldn't expect the see the queues being overly busy anyway. Judging by the number of players I've seen in the DQ (in-game), the majority of players are playing the new content/story.

that would make sense if not for the fact you can't progress in the story without grinding for exp, also LoR didn't kill the queues like DR did.
    momaw wrote: »
    I spent an evening downloading DR. Fired up the game. After finding out with shock and horror that all my super expensive lobi/lockbox ships are now in the same not-T6 trash tier as everything else, I fired up ISE just to warm up. Or whatever ISE is called nowadays.

Imagine how much fun I had, how excited I was to find that the mission's enemies now took 3 times longer to kill and "optional" objectives were now required objectives. Imagine how much that fun and excitement compounded when we finally got to the end screen, and we got half the reward that was the previous norm.

Miission is harder, takes 3 times longer, gives half the reward, and you're wondering why the queues are dead?

oh i'm not wondering, i know this is the reason, i'm just wondering when will cryptic admit it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I play STO’s endgame for almost 3 years, I was forced to reduce it down to 5% the past 2 weeks, tendency dropping. Reason is the fact that they killed the fun to play with casuals and only doing PvEs in elite teams gets boring and former benefits as in grinding are removed as well.

Players (New ones, casuals as well as seasoned veterans with massive investments into STO) all start talking about leaving the game just because of this.

Think the general STO player is used to painful grinds and slow rewards and could live with the cutback. However at the moment there is hardly anything to play with at all. That’s the problem which needs a solution. And it better be a quick one.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    oh i'm not wondering, i know this is the reason, i'm just wondering when will cryptic admit it.

When they aren't making money on it anymore. The thing is, the number of people playing the game isn't representative of the number of people giving them money. A small number of people pump unholy amounts of cash into the system aka "whales", and THOSE people probably don't even care about the queues because they have friends and fleet mates that are invested as they are, and organize private missions instead.
  • illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ques are not dead, they just smell like it, whoever disagrees is a hater/whiner/noob/racist*.

(Latest and greatest from Cryptic Clown Cohort - mentioning Asian mmo model grind and Cryptic's communist Chinese overlords = racism.)
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When they aren't making money on it anymore. The thing is, the number of people playing the game isn't representative of the number of people giving them money. A small number of people pump unholy amounts of cash into the system aka "whales", and THOSE people probably don't even care about the queues because they have friends and fleet mates that are invested as they are, and organize private missions instead.

This! I know, cause I used to be one of the whales.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ques are not dead, they just smell like it, whoever disagrees is a hater/whiner/noob/racist*.

Don't forget exploiter, you left that off your list.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I spent an evening downloading DR. Fired up the game. After finding out with shock and horror that all my super expensive lobi/lockbox ships are now in the same not-T6 trash tier as everything else,

uhh if you tried the new T6 ships you would see that other than more hull...they arent that special T5-U is comparable and in some cases more powerful
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I logged in to ICE once and it took so long that I realized I could have gotten more marks on Defera in the same amount of time and then it still failed. I guess I won't be finishing that MACO set I was working on after all.

Edit: I know, cry baby, shouldn't have expected to win, etc, etc. I'm sure posting about it is an exploit anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This for me is the problem with DR. They felt we would be motivated by the difficulty to upgrade. And while I am upgrading anyway, it seems the calculation still has missed the mark for the average player. The gulf between normal and advanced is yawning. Normal I am doing in 2 to 3 minutes. Advanced ISA for example is ending around the time limit for optional on advanced.

Normal can stay the same for new/super casual players. Advanced needs the same treatment that Crystalline got. That is absolutely perfect now.

I also see the specter of racism or nationalism in this complaints about "Chinese company." Who cares where the company is located? Is it a cue that you are meant to hate it because its from China?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited October 2014
    This for me is the problem with DR. They felt we would be motivated by the difficulty to upgrade. And while I am upgrading anyway, it seems the calculation still has missed the mark for the average player. The gulf between normal and advanced is yawning. Normal I am doing in 2 to 3 minutes. Advanced ISA for example is ending around the time limit for optional on advanced.

Normal can stay the same for new/super casual players. Advanced needs the same treatment that Crystalline got. That is absolutely perfect now.

I also see the specter of racism or nationalism in this complaints about "Chinese company." Who cares where the company is located? Is it a cue that you are meant to hate it because its from China?

Yes, because PR China is not a single party state bordering on toalitariansim and there is no such thing as Asian grind mmo model.

I am sure that PWE management made from middle aged Chinese with ties to Communist Party of China has a huge respect for western playerbase.

I am also sure People's Republic of China based company is exactly the same as if it was based in say Germany, Latvia, Brazil or New Zealand. With comparable ethics and values.

If it makes you feel better it would be equal crud on a stick if it was made by say the Swiss, Asian grinder model made by PRC based company is just cherry on top.
    edited October 2014
    Yes, because PR China is not a single party state bordering on toalitariansim and there is no such thing as Asian grind mmo model.

I am also sure that PWE management made from middle aged Chinese with ties to Communist Party of China has a huge respect for western playerbase.

I am sure People's Republic of China based company is exactly the same as if it was based in say Germany, Latvia, Brazil or New Zealand. With comparable ethics and values.

If it makes you feel better it would be equal crud on a stick if it was made by say the Swiss, Asian grinder model made by PRC based company is just cherry on top.

At the height of the cold war Chekov was Russian. My guess is you won't like what humanity looks and sounds like in 2410, nor will you like their way of life.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

edited October 2014
    This for me is the problem with DR. ... The gulf between normal and advanced is yawning.

Precisely and even if one doesn’t pug entirely there is a state now generated where every inexperienced player can ruin the pve due to fail criteria and every player who does not contribute with at least 10k DPS weakens the group due to former optional timer.

Playing Normal is not a solution for basically everyone because of rewards and lack of any challenge.

Playing Advanced is only suited for a very small croup of players protected by elite chanels or advanced premades for the respective contend.

Cryptic killed the core aspect of endgame and this addresses 90% of all players --> They diminished the success of the AVARAGE TEAM!

All this advanced stuff is fine and good and I even like it when I want to run it with the right group.

Taking away the old Elite is the one and only mistake done because it was a running system balanced out in years of play by thousands of STO players (Veterans, DPS crowd, Newbes and Casuals alike).
    animated.gif
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    id said it before and ill keep saying it till they listen.

advanced needs either a nerf bat on hp (back for old elite like they promised) or make the mandatory missions (eg dont let 1 sphere heal a generator) optional again.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    edited October 2014
    At the height of the cold war Chekov was Russian. My guess is you won't like what humanity looks and sounds like in 2410, nor will you like their way of life.

You do understand the difference between fiction and reality right?

My guess is not.

However to make it real simple for you, outsorcing various industries to China didn't help US economy so I'll venture to claim this is in the same vein.

Low quality overpriced crud.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My guess is not.

However to make it real simple for you, outsorcing various industries to China didn't help US economy so I'll venture to claim this is in the same vein.

better not to argue with a white knight that says "I'd be perfectly fine if I took 12 months to hit level 60"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would play standard mode if the reward included the module needed for buying the rep gear; without that, there is no reason to play standard since I have been playing the missions long enough to know how they work, but am not interested in the new advanced queue menagerie.

A better idea for Advanced queues is a staged level of success.

1. Old elite without optional is the basic reward with module

2. Old elite with optional is the bonus reward with module

3. Final stage is new Advance requirement (reduced time for completion and new options) with a double bonus reward and two modules

This way a player and team that achieve final stage will know they are ready for Elite mode.
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    better not to argue with a white knight that says "I'd be perfectly fine if I took 12 months to hit level 60"

Right, my bad, I forgot I am touching his holy cause.

Just for him and his ilk I am glad the game will get ever more grindy and cash costly (when new monetization experts sink their teeth into it).
    edited October 2014
    E x a c t l y!

As things stand, I shouldn't really be playing Advanced STF's. My T5-U Rhode Island isn't about DPS. That makes me a dead-weight, and a player in one recent instance of ISA I played actually told me as much.

I’m very sorry the game has come to this.

3 of my 8 toons are dedicated towards dps in space. They seem to contribute. The rest can still do some good like putting a grav well or tractor beam repulsors at the right targets in the right moments but according to math another player has to make up for their lack of dps.
    animated.gif
  • tankfox23tankfox23 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Advanced queues are pointless because unless you are running a 25k +dps ship you can't save a pug with 4-5k dps ships (Isa). Normal is too easy unless you are running a 2k experiment.

I finished the story missions now there's no incentive to keep playing.

Also if the argument is to upgrade so you can do advanced, for one you need resources to do that, and the material drops in normal is going to hamper that. You can't get enough dilithium on normal either. Finally I upgraded my 22k dps JHDC to mk13 & a couple of mk x14 beams, and it is now at 24.5k dps. So roughly 10%. If you follow that trend at mk14 I will do another 10% so 27k more or less. That's not a lot more. If you apply that to a 5k boat the difference is minimal.

Cryptic increased the difficulty but did not do anything to help the masses. So now everyone fails unless it's a premade or you happen to have insane amounts of dps, and even then enough 2-4k players in your queue, or one troll and you fail.

The best solution is to roll back hp a bit more and turn the mandatory into optional again for advanced. Roll out an elite version of insane hp and mandatory optional if u want.

On the bright side the lack of incentive to keep playing has saved me money and is breaking my addiction to this game, so I guess thanks Cryptic?
  • bandraoi44bandraoi44 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tankfox23 wrote: »
    Advanced queues are pointless because unless you are running a 25k +dps ship you can't save a pug with 4-5k dps ships (Isa). Normal is too easy unless you are running a 2k experiment.

Also if the argument is to upgrade so you can do advanced, for one you need resources to do that, and the material drops in normal is going to hamper that. You can't get enough dilithium on normal either. Finally I upgraded my 22k dps JHDC to mk13 & a couple of mk x14 beams, and it is now at 24.5k dps. So roughly 10%. If you follow that trend at mk14 I will do another 10% so 27k more or less. That's not a lot more. If you apply that to a 5k boat the difference is minimal.

Cryptic increased the difficulty but did not do anything to help the masses. So now everyone fails unless it's a premade or you happen to have insane amounts of dps, and even then enough 2-4k players in your queue, or one troll and you fail.

The best solution is to roll back hp a bit more and turn the mandatory into optional again for advanced. Roll out an elite version of insane hp and mandatory optional if u want.

On the bright side the lack of incentive to keep playing has saved me money and is breaking my addiction to this game, so I guess thanks Cryptic?

^This and gating the game around dilithium then making everything in dependant on ridiculous amounts of it then just to be funny rather than lift the caps or raise them they nerf the amount we can do daily making goals that took ages take even longer.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wait until they start reviewing the metrics. This game should be BOOMING two weeks after DR launch and there are dead queues everywhere. It will put the fear of God into them, the only thing that does - numbers.

They will eventally bring Advanced back to the old Elite when they see low numbers for what should be such a busy time period. The question will be, how long? Players are leaving in droves and once gone you can't be sure you'll get them back.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tankfox23 wrote: »

I think this is where many people are at. Most can say they loved the story missions but they only last so long. What else do you have to do afterwards? Endgame content normally but that content is now too hard, too long and not rewarding enough.

So what else can you now do in the game?

Nothing. So you leave and get over STO.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Indeed.

In the instance I described I was doing what I've always done in Infected: GWIII'ing the Nanite spheres, firing Gravimetric TSIII, and then running back to help take down the generator.

Sadly, the attitude seems to be 'stuff tactics; DPS! DPS EVERYTHING!!. And if that's not what you are doing, you're a "dead weight".

While everyone has the right to complain, this guy got it right.

Back before all the DPS power creep, using GW for CC in ISE and getting all the generators to 10% before blowing them up was standard practice. People got accostumed to pew pew and thats it since the Omega rep came out.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How to fix a dead queue with minimal work in 2 steps:

1) Buff dil/mark reward
    2) Buff XP reward

Instead Cryptic ignore 2) and do the opposite of 1). :rolleyes:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also nerf enemy health by another 33% across the board.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
    edited October 2014

My guess is not.

I have no interest in you miserable racist hate-filled boring reality. Turn of Fox News and try a show called Star Trek. Ever seen it?

edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »

I said 3 or 4 weeks. 12 months was on a different game.